Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter

+16
malena stool
ann_chovey
mara thon
keepingmum
margaret
dutchclogs
mossman
kitti
almostgothic
Keela
Lioned
wantthetruth
wjk
interested
chrissie
Roasted Arizona
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter Empty Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter

Post  chrissie Wed 16 Oct - 15:21

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/joan-burnie-kate-gerry-mccann-2457940

I CANNOT, sadly, say I am hugely surprised that the trolls have once again fastened their fangs on the McCanns.

The couple’s situation is meat and drink to this ghoulish e-crew, something to get off on and feed off. They crave blood.

But what has shocked me more are the otherwise ordinary people who seem to want Kate and Gerry slung in the stocks and pelted with rotten eggs – or at the very least charged with neglect and imprisoned – because they left their kids home alone in a holiday apartment a few short yards from where they were eating.

Fine. Maybe, just maybe, they should have got a pizza and a bottle of wine in instead.

I might not have left the children … but glass houses and stones. I’m sure the vast majority of us have, at some point in our kids’ lives, behaved in a way which, on reflection, was not entirely sensible.

Such as James Bulger’s mum, Denise, momentarily losing track of her son in a shopping centre.

Or – hands up – me, bunging my six-month-old baby in her pram in the garden and asking a neighbour to keep an ear out for her while I went off to the supermarket … and finding a cat almost suffocating her when I got back.

Unlike the McCanns and Mrs Bulger, most of us get away with it.

As did all the other couples with kids tucked up in bed and to whom nothing bad happened, as they sat around their table with the McCanns in the tapas bar on that night six years ago in Praia da Luz.

So I cannot, for the life of me, understand the motivation of those who so virulently attack Gerry and Kate.

What kind of a kick do they get out of their holier, better than thou – or at least holier and better than the McCanns – sanctimonious rants?

And as they ring the phone-ins or log in to the chatrooms and drip their bile, do they really believe the McCanns haven’t endlessly beaten themselves up over all the ifs, buts and might have beens?

Nothing they say or write will have surpassed that of which Kate and Gerry have accused themselves. Over and over.

Anyone who saw them on Monday night cannot doubt not only their grief but their feelings of guilt. How could they not, endlessly, replay all those if onlys?

It haunts them. Having watched in particular Kate’s stricken face on Crimewatch on Monday night, it haunts me too. How can they bear it? How can they go on? Of course they must, because they have two other children.

But as Gerry rightly says, these wilful, determined, downright nasty efforts to blame them, shifts the onus from whoever took their daughter and is wholly responsible for whatever happened to Madeleine.

We’ve seen it before.

It’s a pattern.

A Baby P dies and we round on the social workers – which allows those who committed the crime to become, almost, secondary to the story.

Nor do I understand anyone who says the McCanns should more or less just shut up and go away. If it was my child, YOUR child, you would never give up searching for them, would you, not least when other lost children have eventually been found?

Anyone who denies that fact must be totally lacking in both compassion and imagination – or kids.

The charge, that other children from less affluent homes have gone missing and no one seems to give a damn about them, is irrelevant.

It’s also wrong.

In this country, a child disappears, and no matter whether their parents are middle class professionals such as the McCanns or, like Shannon Matthews – who was eventually found under a bed belonging to her mother’s boyfriend – from a dysfunctional family, the police pull out every stop.

They do not judge on the basis of class or background. A missing child is a missing child.

It should also be remembered that if Madeleine was targeted and snatched by a gang as some have theorised, then there will be other Madeleines and it is in ALL our interests that such people are caught and brought to justice.

But for the McCanns, the agony is ever-present and in their every waking moment.

Madeleine was, IS, their beloved daughter.

Their guilt and their grief will go on until they take their last breath.

How could it be otherwise?

And what right does anyone have to add to that grief and guilt?

I can only wish that, finally, they WILL find her and that in the meantime their other children remain safe, well and loved. As Madeleine was and remains loved.

Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter 477442  There is NO similarity between Denise Bulger momentarily losing sight of James and the McCanns neglecting their children night after night to go out on the lash.

chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter Empty Re: Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter

Post  Roasted Arizona Wed 16 Oct - 15:33

Or – hands up – me, bunging my six-month-old baby in her pram in the garden and asking a neighbour to keep an ear out for her while I went off to the supermarket … and finding a cat almost suffocating her when I got back.

Bloody shocking - there is NO WAY I would have done this EVER!
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :
Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter Empty Re: Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter

Post  chrissie Wed 16 Oct - 15:36

I don't understand why these people write this drivel and state that 'we've all done it'. Fact is we haven't all done it. Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter 36898 
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 16 Oct - 15:41

let her face go up on the wall of shame.Another neglectful parent.When will these people ever get the message that we dont all do it !

Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter Joan-Burnie-1132400  JOAN BURNIE
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 16 Oct - 15:47

chrissie wrote:I don't understand why these people write this drivel and state that 'we've all done it'.  Fact is we haven't all done it. Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter 36898 

Not only have we NOT "all done it", all of us would not have refused to answer any and ALL questions relating to our "missing" child's "disappearance" regardless of the consequences.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 16 Oct - 15:50

"Or – hands up – me, bunging my six-month-old baby in her pram in the garden and asking a neighbour to keep an ear out for her while I went off to the supermarket … and finding a cat almost suffocating her when I got back."

And let me guess! Did you do it the next day as well? No, thought not! Cos YOU learnt your lesson! Why did they not, when they were told by their daughter that she had cried for them the night before?? (If you believe this story actually happened, I don't)
And its not just people on the internet who don't believe a word of it. They are just the people speaking out, ask in any shop or office, you'll get the same kind of response as the "ghoulish e-crew".
READ THE FILES, THEN COME BACK AND TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!

wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Wed 16 Oct - 15:53

Lioned wrote:let her face go up on the wall of shame.Another neglectful parent.When will these people ever get the message that we dont all do it !

Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter Joan-Burnie-1132400  JOAN BURNIE
How DARE this person mention Denise Bulger and compare her to the McCann case?? How DARE she??? Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter 816281 Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter 816281 
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 16 Oct - 15:59

wantthetruth wrote:
Lioned wrote:let her face go up on the wall of shame.Another neglectful parent.When will these people ever get the message that we dont all do it !

How DARE this person mention Denise Bulger and compare her to the McCann case?? How DARE she???  Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter 816281 Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter 816281 
Thats exactly what i thought.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Wed 16 Oct - 16:23

Lioned wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:

How DARE this person mention Denise Bulger and compare her to the McCann case?? How DARE she???  Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter 816281 Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter 816281 
Thats exactly what i thought.

The Bulger case and this one has absolutely no similarities at all.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 16 Oct - 16:25

I’m sure the vast majority of us have, at some point in our kids’ lives, behaved in a way which, on reflection, was not entirely sensible.

Don't you EVER assume that about any of the good people trying to get justice for Madeleine.

So here's another 'we've all done it' - two in one day.

SARAH VINE
JANE BURNIE

NEXT!!!
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 16 Oct - 16:29

I haven't heard of this "writer" - I use the term loosely - before. She looks to be of fairly mature years to put it tactfully but you'd think she was born yesterday - unlike me.

One of the most sycophantic unresearched articles ever and that's saying something.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 16 Oct - 17:15

These type of articles are used in place of Moroccon type sightings to get the masses debating parenting skills, and kick start the poor MCCanns have been tortured enough, they have paid the price blah blah discussions. Much better than having Joe public discussing Crimewatch, googling Smith statements or god forbid the PJ files. No, keep them on the neglect trail. Neglect, neglect, neglect. Whatever it was in May 2007, it was big.

Only a complete moron would think it is ok to leave two babies and a toddler alone to go drinking and it takes an even bigger moron to put those thoughts into print for the world to read. Only scum would dare to put the Bulger name in an article such as this. There is no lengths some will go to.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 16 Oct - 17:17

Apparently Bens dad has been on tv ask WHY are the mccanns getting all this help when his son doesn't get the same,
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 16 Oct - 17:29

Oh, Joan Burnie is a daft old bint in the mould of Lorraine Kelly, who has been foisted upon us for years. Can't find a single person who can stomach the skelly auld trout, goodness knows why she's a "celebrity" and why anybody pays a blind bit of notice. She wouldn't recognise a troll if it jumped up and bit her on her large and wrinkly arse. Don't even bother yourselves giving her the oxygen of publicity, she's not worth it. Remember one of Gerry's pals is a sub editor at the Daily Record so it's no surprise that they print sycophantic shite all the time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 16 Oct - 17:33

kitti wrote:Apparently Bens  dad has been on tv ask WHY are the mccanns getting all this help when his son doesn't get the same,
You know what makes me so cross kitti ? It is bad enough that all of that money is being channelled into one missing child while the likes of Bens family sit by the sideline, but they rub salt in the wounds by pussy footing around, leaving everybody wondering will they / won't they solve the case. Not because its the biggest mystery in the universe but because nobody can say with any degree of certainty Redwood and company have the balls they were born with.

They are peeing down people's backs and telling us its raining. That Redwood is working to some secret mandate is not good enough either, he and his team can do something, they can object to their hands being tied.

Five million spent and they are using e-fits prepared by some dubious private investigation firm employed by the man who a witness has identified as being the main person of interest. There's your Crimewatch up date in one sentance.

mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Wed 16 Oct - 17:34

wantthetruth wrote:

Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter -1132400  JOAN BURNIE
EXACTLY HOW BLOODY DARE SHE Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter 157799 Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter 157799 to JOAN BURNIE Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter 36317 Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter 541656 Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter 541656
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 16 Oct - 17:38

I love your description of Joan Burnie, Iris.

I'd never heard of the daft old bat until now - what a loss that has been in my life, NOT!

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 16 Oct - 18:07

Stupid woman, you should be ashamed of yourself JOAN BURNIE for jumping on the bandwagon of child neglect.

I'm sure l have made mistakes as a parent but I've never, NEVER taken a chance with my children's safety.

Urgh! Why do people want to align themselves with the McCanns, is it the latest fashion accessory? Imagine her child's thoughts on this 'l nearly died because of a decision my mum made'.

Not nice is it?
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  keepingmum Wed 16 Oct - 18:29

Please Joan Burnie I am not a troll and I don't think any of us are. I am 71 and have just used my common sense to work out what probably happened in Portugal. A little girl disappeared - if you can give us some evidence she was abducted then I will hold my hands up and say, yes, I am a cynical troll.
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Wed 16 Oct - 18:52

Just who is this very stupid woman? Whoever she is she needs to stop presuming that we all dump our kids anywhere and on anybody. Obviously the silly woman isn't aware of the very many dangers facing small children left alone for even a minute or two, never mind half an hour or longer. Perhaps its something she herself has done but she can't tar everyone with her own brush.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Wed 16 Oct - 19:19

I have to say you are on top form today mossman. Very well summed up.......keep the proletariate debating the neglect theme. Spot on.
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 16 Oct - 20:01

mara thon wrote:Just who is this very stupid woman?  Whoever she is she needs to stop presuming that we all dump our kids anywhere and on anybody.  Obviously the silly woman isn't aware of the very many dangers facing small children left alone for even a minute or two, never mind half an hour or longer.  Perhaps its something she herself has done but she can't tar everyone with her own brush.
Hi mara thon.

Just who is this very stupid woman?
See her here...
http://www.heraldscotland.com/there-s-much-more-to-the-most-evil-woman-in-britain-than-just-joan-1.834222

She describes herself as 'The most evil woman in Britain,' with some good cause, stating Paula Yates would have considered "cosy" three-way sex with Hutchence and her teenage daughter. Paula Yates died of an accidental overdose in 2000, but Burnie still does not regret writing the article. Yet she considers herself a fit person to critcise others who voice their opinion of blatant child neglectors...

But, she's right, she is an evil, sycophantic, hypocritical, old witch...
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Wed 16 Oct - 23:47

What a stupid cow this woman is, leaving her baby in the yard while she goes to the shops i dont think so. And how dare she blame James Bulgers mother for him wondering off and being abductered the woman is attention seeking and trying to make a name for her self. I am not a troll either i'm a 59 year old woman who knows if it looks like shit, smells like shit it is shit, just like her article Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter 36317 
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 16 Oct - 23:59

I'm just surprised I haven't heard of this old crone before. She has made the Sarah Vine article seem more bearable!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2461994/Madeleine-McCann-little-girl-life-risk-avoid-says-SARAH-VINE.html

Many years ago when I was young - that's my excuse - I used to read the Daily Mail every day. I particularly liked Lynda Lee-Potter who had a column on Wednesdays. She's dead now but I can just imagine the sick fests she would have produced about the McCanns.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Thu 17 Oct - 20:49

Dining a "few short yards away".  WTF Joan Burnie: Kate and Gerry McCann shouldn't be persecuted by vile online trolls for trying to find their daughter 948585 !  If they'd spotted smoke coming out of 5A there's no way the McCanns could have got back to the apartment in time.  I've definitely done things I wish I hadn't when I had a toddler, but leaving them on their own in strange surroundings whilst I dined in a bar with friends wasn't of them.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next