Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PJ request case reopened

+23
Karen
widowan
comperedna
jassi
mara thon
Panda
fuzeta
MaryB
AnnaEsse
cass
Angelina
DavidA
tigger
mossman
Carolina
wantthetruth
jinvta
jeanmonroe
pennylane
margaret
wjk
Annabel
Lioned
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PJ request case reopened  Empty PJ request case reopened

Post  margaret Wed 23 Oct - 21:34

With thanks to the complete mystery of Madeleine Mccann forum and truthmustout poster....

Correio da Manhã reports that the reopening of the case in Portugal has been requested by the PJ to the Public Ministry and awaits a decision. Abduction theory is strongest lead.

http://cmtv.sapo.pt/atualidade/detalhe/pj-pode-reabrir-caso-maddie.html
'Abduction theory' they have to say that don't they? PJ request case reopened  944533
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
PJ request case reopened  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100PJ request case reopened  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

PJ request case reopened  Empty Re: PJ request case reopened

Post  Lioned Wed 23 Oct - 21:40

Thanks Margaret that is great news.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
PJ request case reopened  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100PJ request case reopened  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 23 Oct - 21:41

Wow. Thanks for posting.

Anybody know what is said ?
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 23 Oct - 21:47

ITV has picked up on it now:

Portuguese police may re-open Madeleine McCann case

Last updated Wed 23 Oct 2013http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-10-23/portuguese-police-set-to-re-open-madeleine-mccann-case/

Hope the Public Ministry gives them the OK!

Wow - I won't sleep tonight - bucketful of Horlicks!
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Wed 23 Oct - 21:49

http://cmtv.sapo.pt/atualidade/detalhe/pj-pode-reabrir-caso-maddie.html

(Summary & translation by Astro)

PJ may reopen Maddie case

The Polícia Judiciária wants to reopen the Maddie case and requested the reopening with the Public Ministry.

The Oporto team worked for two years and decided that it needs to further investigate a lead that points towards the abduction theory.

This is not related to the English investigation, according to information collected by Eduardo Damaso.

It results exclusively from the analysis made by the PJ team in Oporto.

This team has analysed the files and concluded that one lead that points towards abduction needs to be investigated.

The abduction theory was initially investigated, especially because of Jane Tanner's deposition.

This testimony was discredited early on.

The Smith sighting pointed towards the identification of M's father.

Now the British investigation returns to that sighting, but with an e-fit.

ED presumes that the new development in the Portuguese investigation is related to neither.

The reopening may include the investigation of the initial thesis of an accident and concealment of the cadaver, as nothing is excluded, but it is triggered by new indications that an abduction may have taken place, and that seems to be the main focus.

Last edited by Annabel on Wed 23 Oct - 21:50; edited 1 time in total
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed 23 Oct - 21:49

Excellent news,  hoping my daughter gets home soon to translate for us I am struggling to keep my eyes open PJ request case reopened  25346 
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed 23 Oct - 21:50

Thanks hun PJ request case reopened  25346  have popped summary over to Jill Havern Site hope you dont mind.

Last edited by Karen on Wed 23 Oct - 21:54; edited 2 times in total
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 23 Oct - 21:53

Thanks annabel, l like them saying they can still investigate the original theory, slowly slowly catchey monkey...
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed 23 Oct - 22:20

Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 23 Oct - 22:28

margaret wrote:Thanks annabel, l like them saying they can still investigate the original theory, slowly slowly catchey monkey...
...of accident and concealment of cadaver! PJ request case reopened  944533 
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 23 Oct - 22:32

Ooh, b**dy hell!!
Brilliant news!! PJ request case reopened  944533 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 23 Oct - 22:39

omg i have been working tonight cant keep my eyes open - how long to cad aver take - like produce hrs less ?sorry reason i ask is because can madeleine have died moved to another place and back again
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 23 Oct - 22:57

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 2m
#McCann spokesman Clarence Mitchell says Madeleine's parents would welcome move

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 23 Oct - 23:00

Annabel wrote:http://cmtv.sapo.pt/atualidade/detalhe/pj-pode-reabrir-caso-maddie.html

(Summary & translation by Astro)

PJ may reopen Maddie case

The Polícia Judiciária wants to reopen the Maddie case and requested the reopening with the Public Ministry.

The Oporto team worked for two years and decided that it needs to further investigate a lead that points towards the abduction theory.

This is not related to the English investigation, according to information collected by Eduardo Damaso.

It results exclusively from the analysis made by the PJ team in Oporto.

This team has analysed the files and concluded that one lead that points towards abduction needs to be investigated.

The abduction theory was initially investigated, especially because of Jane Tanner's deposition.

This testimony was discredited early on.

The Smith sighting pointed towards the identification of M's father.

Now the British investigation returns to that sighting, but with an e-fit.

ED presumes that the new development in the Portuguese investigation is related to neither.

The reopening may include the investigation of the initial thesis of an accident and concealment of the cadaver, as nothing is excluded, but it is triggered by new indications that an abduction may have taken place, and that seems to be the main focus.
-----------------

It is understood a review team, created in March 2012 and involving 37 Portuguese officers, have found two or three new details, which warrant further investigation.

Portuguese police are yet to confirm or deny the reports. Kate and Gerry McCann have always said they would welcome the formal re-opening of the investigation in Portugal.

Yes, they would welcome it provided it did not entail them returning to reconstruct the night of the crime.

Well we shall see!
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 23 Oct - 23:00

This is great News , but whatever the evidence is it must be strong to re-open the case

.The Oporto team worked for two years and decided that it needs to further investigate a lead that points towards the abduction theory."

So it is still "abduction" , I'm not going to get excited until we learn a bit more and just hope this is not just an excuse to delay the Trial until the investigation has been completed. Remember , Amaral has claimed that Madeleine died in the Apartment , if the Abductor is found he loses the case.
Could SY have convinced Oporto they have enough leads?

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 23 Oct - 23:01

almostgothic wrote:Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 2m

... would welcome move to anywhere they can't be extradited from?
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 23 Oct - 23:48

margaret wrote:
almostgothic wrote:Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 2m

... would welcome move to anywhere they can't be extradited from?
'

Ha!
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 23 Oct - 23:49

Panda wrote:This is great News , but whatever the evidence is it must be strong to re-open the case

.The Oporto team worked for two years and decided that it needs to further investigate a lead that points towards the abduction theory."

So it is still "abduction" , I'm not going to get excited until we learn a bit more and just hope this is not just an excuse to delay the Trial until the investigation has been completed. Remember , Amaral has claimed that Madeleine died in the Apartment , if the Abductor is found he loses the case.

I don't think Amaral would lose the case if an abductor was found, as the claims he made were also outlined in the police files, and that's what counts in the Libel trial as far as I understand.

I'm apprehensive too about the case being re-opened due to the Oporto team finding leads.  From what I read many moons ago, they were only considering an abduction even back then, and were not consulting with the original Portuguese investigators.  Disconcerting, especially in light of Redwood's endless 'abduction' claims, and now the balloon releasing, Bernard Hogan Howe, or should I just say 'Sir,' also banging mindlessly on about the parents 'torture in not knowing.' Jim Gamble's been doing his bit for 'the Team' also.

It's all fishy if you ask me, and I feel like we are being completely bulldozed by the powers that be.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 23 Oct - 23:59

Hold your breath Folks, the Daily Mirror has front page on the story and it was just discussed on sky News review of the Papers. The reaction was that the McCanns were praised for their unswerving belief that Madeleine would be found and SY were praised for their effort which has resulted in the reopening.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Thu 24 Oct - 0:47

UK Justice Forum ‏@Justice_forum 6m
Breaking: The Portuguese are to reopen the #Madeleine #McCann case as an abduction inquiry. Witnesses are to be reinterviewed by the PJ.
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 24 Oct - 0:58

Karen wrote:UK Justice Forum ‏@Justice_forum 6m
Breaking: The Portuguese are to reopen the #Madeleine #McCann case as an abduction inquiry. Witnesses are to be reinterviewed by the PJ.
Thanks Karen I justed posted the same news on the Sky thread but their report said Oporto want to "clear up some anomolies."It surely can't be just the Tapas timelines , or Smith statement , it has to be more concrete evidence than that.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 24 Oct - 1:05

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:This is great News , but whatever the evidence is it must be strong to re-open the case

I don't think Amaral would lose the case if an abductor was found, as the claims he made were also outlined in the police files, and that's what counts in the Libel trial as far as I understand.

I'm apprehensive too about the case being re-opened due to the Oporto team finding leads.  From what I read many moons ago, they were only considering an abduction even back then, and were not consulting with the original Portuguese investigators.  Disconcerting, especially in light of Redwood's endless 'abduction' claims, and now the balloon releasing, Bernard Hogan Howe, or should I just say 'Sir,' also banging mindlessly on about the parents 'torture in not knowing.' Jim Gamble's been doing his bit for 'the Team' also.

Like you Pennylane , I'm suspicious. Redwood asked for the case to be reopened but was given the knockback, he probably got Oporto to ask thinking they would have more sway. "Clearing up some anomolies" is hardly encouraging is it.

It's all fishy if you ask me, and I feel like we are being completely bulldozed by the powers that be.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Thu 24 Oct - 1:54

Karen wrote:UK Justice Forum ‏@Justice_forum 6m
So, Jane what did you see when you went to check your kids at 9:15pm?

"an 'abductor' carrying Madeleine off, because i saw her very detailed pyjamas, which G&K hadn't told me she was wearing"

"But AR has said you didn't see the 'abductor"

"Oh, yeah, I remember now, I was fantasising, but i got the pyjama colours right, didn't i?"

"Er,.. no"

jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Thu 24 Oct - 4:56

I don't believe that if an "abductor" is found that Amaral will necessarily lose the case. What he stated in his book was his professional opinion based on the official police files. Further, the McCann witnesses have not proven that the McCann's alleged distress has been caused by the book.

I also strongly believe that an "abductor" will never be found, unless of course, as is the case with most abductions involving toddlers, the "abductor" is a family member or someone known to the family.

A relevant quotes:

"Abduction is the least common reason for a child to become missing. In 1999, an estimated 150,000 children (in the USA) were abducted. The vast majority of these children were taken by family members, not strangers."

"Nonfamily abductions are rare. The U.S. Department of Justice estimates that in 1999, 33,000 children (a rate of .47 per 1,000) were victims of nonfamily abduction. The perpetrator is often a stranger, is more likely to be male, and more often victimizes females. Teenagers are at higher risk for this form of abduction, mostly because these attacks take place when the child is alone and in some type of public area. Most victims of nonfamily abductions are between the ages of fifteen and seventeen, but twelve- to fourteen-year-olds are more likely to be victims of stereotypical kidnappings."
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 24 Oct - 6:42

I fear this is a political move. The whole McCann circus has been a political case from the start.

If it is going to suit Portugal to please the UK, they will.

The only way to end the farce is either to provide an abductor and confession of murder, or to produce a child to pass her off as Maddie. Never mind the DNA, that can be arranged as we know.

There are agreements between certain newspapers in Portugal and the UK.
Same with TV stations, e.g. Expresso and ITV are linked, so it's also possible that this is still part of the recent campaign.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next