Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PJ request case reopened

+23
Karen
widowan
comperedna
jassi
mara thon
Panda
fuzeta
MaryB
AnnaEsse
cass
Angelina
DavidA
tigger
mossman
Carolina
wantthetruth
jinvta
jeanmonroe
pennylane
margaret
wjk
Annabel
Lioned
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PJ request case reopened  - Page 2 Empty Re: PJ request case reopened

Post  wantthetruth Thu 24 Oct - 7:10

So if they open based on abduction, I geuss that gets around the awkward matter of having to re-instate Arguidas........
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :
PJ request case reopened  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100PJ request case reopened  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 24 Oct - 7:11

THAT page has been whooshed.....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
PJ request case reopened  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100PJ request case reopened  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 24 Oct - 7:12

MAY open the case...MAY
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 24 Oct - 7:43

kitti wrote:MAY open the case...MAY
Yes kitti, Good Morning. A sky Report just now is cautious and not making any guesses as to what the reason could be . If SY are relying on the thousands of telephone calls they have had, I don't think that would be enough. neither would the alterations in the timelines. It has to be something which would lead to an arrest IMO.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 24 Oct - 7:48

I won't believe it till it comes out off the pjs mouth...simple as that.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 24 Oct - 7:54

kitti wrote:I won't believe it till it comes out off the pjs mouth...simple as that.
Yes, I go along with that, it has to be something that will lead to an arrest .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Thu 24 Oct - 8:45

Panda wrote:
Yes kitti, Good Morning. A sky Report just now is  cautious and not making any guesses as to what the reason could be . If SY are relying on the thousands of telephone calls they have had, I don't think that would be enough. neither would the alterations in the timelines. It has to be something which would lead to an arrest IMO.
The editor of Correio da Manhã, Eduardo Dâmaso, stated that the PJ crew in Porto evidently found a lead, after studying the files, which they believe should be followed up and warrants the reopening of the case. He said that this decision to ask the Ministério Público permission to reopen the case had nothing to do with the SY investigation or anything that has been going on lately.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Thu 24 Oct - 8:53

Carolina wrote:
Panda wrote:
Yes kitti, Good Morning. A sky Report just now is  cautious and not making any guesses as to what the reason could be . If SY are relying on the thousands of telephone calls they have had, I don't think that would be enough. neither would the alterations in the timelines. It has to be something which would lead to an arrest IMO.
The editor of Correio da Manhã, Eduardo Dâmaso, stated that the PJ crew in Porto evidently found a lead, after studying the files, which they believe should be followed up and warrants the reopening of the case. He said that this decision to ask the Ministério Público permission to reopen the case had nothing to do with the SY investigation or anything that has been going on lately.

Thanks Carolina, it is good to hear what is being said in Portugal. Is the mention of an abduction lead being followed to the forefront of the headlines there or is it being pushed to the forefront here ?
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 24 Oct - 8:54

wantthetruth wrote:So if they open based on abduction, I geuss that gets around the awkward matter of having to re-instate Arguidas........
Yes, it's probably the Smith sighting that's a good excuse.
I daren't hope, but SY dismantled the 9.15 alibi of Gerry, the smith sighting may still point to G.
I also keep in mind that the McCanns looked very distressed in May.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 24 Oct - 8:59

Carolina wrote:
Panda wrote:
Morning Carolina, yes SKY Reporter in Portugal has stressed that the team in Oporto were appointed as a completely new team, nothing to do with the Police who originally investigated., nor SY team. They deem whatever they have found is sufficient to re-open the case.

Edit to add that it is only one U.K. Paper reporting this, the Daily Mirror which suggests they got the News from someone in the know before anyone else.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Thu 24 Oct - 9:04

There is a new article in CDM today, paper version. I hope it will be soon translated and posted by our Portuguese friends.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Thu 24 Oct - 9:09

tigger wrote:I fear this is a political move. The whole McCann circus has been a political case from the start.

If it is going to suit Portugal to please the UK, they will.

The only way to end the farce is either to provide an abductor and confession of murder, or to produce a child to pass her off as Maddie. Never mind the DNA, that can be arranged as we know.

There are agreements between certain newspapers in Portugal and the UK.
Same with TV stations, e.g.  Expresso and ITV are linked, so it's also possible that this is still part of the recent campaign.
Sadly I agree with you and was going to post in similar terms.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 24 Oct - 9:14

re opening the case -didnt they say that it would only be done if something big came to light - now since cw it has really bothered me that 3 of the tapas group wasnt involved - now i posted on another thread - why have we not heard from them - because they are WITNESSES and imo there is a reason the 3 was left out - also rm in the paper saying bring them back to portugal - they all could be interviewed or have already and admitted they all lied - was confused - drunk whatever - but where does that leave what eddie and keela found - only way they can solve that one is to back track and say someone died in 5a or planted by someone
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidA Thu 24 Oct - 9:17

Interesting news by it may not be political. And I agree with the posts above, that the word 'abduction' is being used by the PJ to not have the arguido status issue.

Three things that may make the SY evidence much more significant to the PJ:

1) the PJ probably have very good records of where each person was or wasn't (including Gerry) at around 10pm.

2) I believe the PJ did discredit JT's sighting early in the case. Perhaps they assumed it was a lie to cover for the McCanns. However, the new SY evidence suggests JT did see a man.

3) the above may also highlight whether JT was attempting to help the McCanns. SY and probably the PJ now know exactly what the man and the child JT saw looked like. Therefore, if JT's version of the child was very different to be more like Madeleine, it may suggest she was trying to protect the McCanns.
DavidA
DavidA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 385
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 24 Oct - 9:21

Abduct (meaning of)  To remove illegally or in secret.  So I think everyone can agree that Madeleine was abducted. I hope we will get some answers soon.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Thu 24 Oct - 9:30

Panda wrote:
kitti wrote:I won't believe it till it comes out off the pjs mouth...simple as that.
Yes, I go along with that, it has to be something that will lead to an arrest .
Let's see the handcuffs, then we can believe!

ETA...I mean actually on someone's wrists, not just a photo of them lol
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 24 Oct - 9:49

What I'm waiting to see now is if the good judge in Lisbon decides to grant the Gruesomes' last-minute requests to take the witness stand under oath in the libel trial.
If this happens, there'll be a bunch of new stuff to add to PJ's and SY's evidence piles.

Will the sickie notes come flooding in?
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 24 Oct - 10:02

how long have we been here being built up to be let down by what is in the press - when we see a member of sy and a member of the pj side by side making a press statement TOGETHER i will then believe that it is in the best interest of madeleine and that they both uk and portugal want to know the truth of what happened to a little girl that went on holiday never to return
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 24 Oct - 10:19

Gonçalo De Sousa Amaral on Facebook.

(With Bing translation!)

Desarquivamento…
Ao fim de 5 anos no arquivo poeirento do tribunal, o processo onde se investigou o misterioso desaparecimento de uma criança parece que vai finalmente ver a luz do dia.
Neste momento, não é relevante saber quem concordou com o arquivamento e sempre se opôs à reabertura da investigação fundada em todo o conteúdo do processo, o que interessa é que a investigação continue, seja a partir do ponto em que foi interrompida, seja a partir das convicções de quem analisou os factos posteriormente.
Mas, é preciso recordar que uma investigação criminal não pode ter como preocupação o politicamente correto, nem ter o seu objecto...See more

Revive ...
After 5 years in the dusty court file, the process where he investigated the mysterious disappearance of a child looks like it will finally see the light of day. at this point, is not relevant to know who agreed with archiving and always opposed the reopening of the investigation established in the entire contents of the process, what matters is that the investigation continue, is from the point at which it was interrupted, either from the convictions of those who analyzed the facts later.
But, you must remember that a criminal investigation may not concern the politically correct, nor have its objects bound by personal interests, institutional or otherwise, nor be subjected to intolerable pressures and coercive acts, what is at issue is ascertain the truth and the fate of the child, so that those responsible for the mysterious disappearance are brought to justice.
If the reopening of the investigation give rise to the realization of all the missing steps, if you have in mind all lines of investigation still open, and answer all questions, we will be able to say that the investigation was free and objective, reaching the true material, and can then do justice to children mysteriously missing. (Translated by Bing)
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 24 Oct - 10:21

Of course all the Tapas group must be witnesses. How can they be anything else. To say they aren't witnesses is mad.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Thu 24 Oct - 10:26

mara thon wrote:
tigger wrote:I fear this is a political move. The whole McCann circus has been a political case from the start.

If it is going to suit Portugal to please the UK, they will.

The only way to end the farce is either to provide an abductor and confession of murder, or to produce a child to pass her off as Maddie. Never mind the DNA, that can be arranged as we know.

There are agreements between certain newspapers in Portugal and the UK.
Same with TV stations, e.g.  Expresso and ITV are linked, so it's also possible that this is still part of the recent campaign.
Sadly I agree with you and was going to post in similar terms.
I agree too. It is all very suspicious to me at this particular time. I wonder what GA makes of it all?
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 24 Oct - 10:30

Iv'e mentioned this before but think it deserves an airing:-

Abduction: to take without permission Kidnap: to take for ransom. From the very outset the name used was "Abduction". ....make of you what you will.

Cameron has made a statement saying Gerry and Kate are cautious about the news at the moment.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Thu 24 Oct - 12:10

Panda wrote:Iv'e mentioned this before but think it deserves an airing:-

Abduction: to take without permission     Kidnap: to take for ransom.  From the very outset the name used was "Abduction". ....make of you what you will.

Cameron has made a statement saying Gerry and Kate are cautious about the news at the moment.
Cameron's statement leads me to believe he is in personal contact with them, all very fishy indeed.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Thu 24 Oct - 12:17

mara thon wrote:
Panda wrote:Iv'e mentioned this before but think it deserves an airing:-

Abduction: to take without permission     Kidnap: to take for ransom.  From the very outset the name used was "Abduction". ....make of you what you will.

Cameron's statement leads me to believe he is in personal contact with them, all very fishy indeed.

Nah, just one PR man talking to another.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Thu 24 Oct - 15:31

Adam Bolton, who has his head screwed on, said around lunchtime that it was clear that both the UK and Portuguese police still had a great deal to do. Work was still in the early stages!

Portugal has a new Attorney General who has to give permission before the case may be re-opened. She used to be involved with child protection, so may have a different attitude from that of her predecessor. She has evidently agreed to the PJ's request to have the case re-opened. She would not have done so unless there was some evidence stronger than 'theories' , large numbers (41!)of 'persons of interest' etc... Something by way of more solid evidence must surely have turned up.

Some time before 3pm, Brunty came onto Sky News saying that the reason for the re-opening has nothing to do with the Mets new probing, but because of the year long re-investigation by the Portuguese team from Oporto, each of whom was chosen because they had no connection with the original case. It is to be re-opened because of something new, probably concerning abduction, that this team have discovered. Brunty says the SY and the new PJ team are working in parallel, but collaborating. The last time they met was on Oct 17th.

Teresa May came on with the old mantra about needing to find out what happened to Madeleine for her parents sake. I'm sorry, but we all need to find out what happened to her for her own sake! A British family goes on holiday with three children and comes back with only two of them! Madeleine is a British citizen and the Met need to find out what happened to her for everyone's sake. She is also a ward of court. It is NOT merely to find out so KM and GM can know what happened to her. It is most likely she is dead, either by accident or murdered by someone... unless it is a scam and a hoax (most unlikely).

Maybe someone
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next