Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do things go from here

+16
almostgothic
MaryB
jassi
Fudge
malena stool
widowan
Krisy22
LJC
margaret
interested
Lioned
SteveT
AnnaEsse
wantthetruth
flower
Chris
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where do things go from here - Page 3 Empty Re: Where do things go from here

Post  MaryB Tue 29 Oct - 22:15

It seems as if they are no longer in charge. Directing things, choosing what information is released. Choosing what e-fits will be the prime suspects.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
Where do things go from here - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Where do things go from here - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 29 Oct - 22:17

MaryB wrote:It seems as if they are no longer in charge.  Directing things, choosing what information is released.  Choosing what e-fits will be the prime suspects.  
Yes, so at long last we may get near to the truth finally.

LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
Where do things go from here - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Where do things go from here - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Tue 29 Oct - 22:24

I find that very telling that they have not updated that site. It was very important that E fit and timeline to SY.  Looks to me like they are not singing from the same hymn sheet.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 29 Oct - 22:31

Krisy22 wrote:I find that very telling that they have not updated that site. It was very important that E fit and timeline to SY.  Looks to me like they are not singing from the same hymn sheet.
The McCanns know best, don't you know.Where do things go from here - Page 3 49091 Where do things go from here - Page 3 49091 
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 29 Oct - 22:39

Everyone must get on with the worldwide search for Madeleine and stop concentrating on these pesky e-fits. What do they have to do with anything. Focus on the search everything else is a distraction.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 29 Oct - 23:16

and they don't like distractions.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 30 Oct - 0:38

Where do things go from here - Page 3 10565812223_f143355a59_z
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 31 Oct - 16:35

I'm finding it difficult to understand what is going on. This tractorman. Is he just spin. And why has this bubbled up to the surface after six years. What's next is anybody's guess.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Thu 31 Oct - 18:34

LJC wrote:I think Redwood is trying to bring other people and organisations out of the woodwork deliberately.  He said only looking at Smith sighting and low and behold out of the woodwork comes Exton PI telling truth about E.fit.  

Redwood then says looking at burglary in PDL and low and behold out of the woodwork comes the GDR with stats that reveal no burglaries.

Redwood said he hoped they had found enough new information to persuade the PJ to reopen the case and low and behold the PJ jump up and say we are re-opening the case but not on SY information.

I think this is rather clever of SY - we'll just set a few traps and watch from afar as the fireworks go off and then see what the response is.  SY just prepared the ground for the fireworks, but did they expect bangers?
People would certainly be more willing to come out of the woodwork with clues if they felt Sy was the one acting on them rather than McCanns' private investigation, and that has proven to be true. As much as we may resent or dislike cops we cannot possibly trust them less than the suspects' own "investigators."
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 31 Oct - 19:07

Im sure that's true widowan. I think its individuals within the Establishment which have given the police a bad name and I don't mean the local cop although that can be the case.. im talking those at a very high level that have been found wanting in many areas. I also agree that the Police and individuals within it do an exceptional job in many difficult circumstances. it is a difficult one I agree, if theyre not informed then they cant investigate. I m on the fence in this case though, and I don't find it comfortable.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 31 Oct - 19:18

And it's not beyond the realms of possibility that other people have come forward with information and given it to the private investigators thinking it would be followed up and it might not have been.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Thu 31 Oct - 20:16

MaryB wrote:And it's not beyond the realms of possibility that other people have come forward with information and given it to the private investigators thinking it would be followed up and it might not have been.  
Or that it was given, suppressed because there was no PJ investigation going on, but now that SY is honing in on things, it's time to have another go at it or maybe change the story a little. First one to crack gets immunity.

Not beyond the realm of imagination.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Thu 31 Oct - 20:34

MaryB wrote:I'm finding it difficult to understand what is going on.  This tractorman.  Is he just spin.  And why has this bubbled up to the surface after six years.  What's next is anybody's guess.

Well, what about another siting thrown into the mix ...would that surprise us ..NO.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Thu 31 Oct - 20:48

How about a reconstruction?

Not one the "friends" control and determine whether it's useful but a proper police one that is not for the purpose of putting in on TV so viewers can be running around looking for an abductor that clearly wasn't seen but one that is there to determine what happened that night.

Wikipedia describes it thusly:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Crime reconstruction or crime scene reconstruction is the forensic science discipline in which one gains "explicit knowledge of the series of events that surround the commission of a crime using deductive and inductive reasoning, physical evidence, scientific methods, and their interrelationships."[1] Gardner and Bevel explain that crime scene reconstruction "involves evaluating the context of a scene and the physical evidence found there in an effort to identify what occurred and in what order it occurred."[2] Chisum and Turvey explain that "[h]olistic crime reconstruction is the development of actions and circumstances based on the system of evidence discovered and examined in relation to a particular crime. In this philosophy, all elements of evidence that come to light in a given case are treated as interdependent; the significance of each piece, each action, and each event falls and rises on the backs of the others."[3]

Again, not so the PUBLIC can be titillated but so that police can evaluate the context and evidence to identify what occurred and in what order...
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 31 Oct - 21:05

I'd like two things cleared up. First where is the pink blanket. And second what time was the alarm that Madeleine was missing raised and was everyone still at the table at 9.55 apart from Kate and whoever was checking their child.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 31 Oct - 21:32

MaryB wrote:And it's not beyond the realms of possibility that other people have come forward with information and given it to the private investigators thinking it would be followed up and it might not have been.  
Exactly right MaryB, the hundreds if not thousands of photographs handed in by holiday makers spring to mind... Where have they all gone?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Fudge Thu 31 Oct - 21:43

Krisy22 wrote:Well ,Mary ...CW defiantly started something ..floodgates ..whatever. Since then this case has consumed the news outlets. until then had been quite quiet.

Think, although we were sort of  disappointed with the program ...there must have been some clever "trigger words " used as if you look at all the new people asking questions on all the sites...and Twitter ... looking up McCann Files .Where it will go now is anyone's guess ...sure we will soon get the message though... after today and the news article something or someone will have to give. All my own opinion of course.
Absolutely agree, more people who perhaps never took much notice over the years have now suddenly had a wake up moment.  I have many times talked about the case to family and friends, some have been interested others have not, but many have supported the McCanns no matter what which believe me has been very frustrating. However, I am now getting calls and questions about where they can read the released files and Goncalo Amarals book.

My only question, what took you so long?
Fudge
Fudge
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 500
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 1 Nov - 16:44

A police source told weekly Portuguese newspaper 'O Crime' today that the theory of the ex-Ocean Club worker's involvement in Madeleine's disappearance was ‘worthy of note’.

But insisting nothing had been discounted, he added: ‘All leads, including those the British least like, are being considered.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2483395/Madeleine-McCann-dead-suspect-revealed-violent-past-police-say.html#ixzz2jPflslyA
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Fri 1 Nov - 16:48

malena stool wrote:
Exactly right MaryB, the hundreds if not thousands of photographs handed in by holiday makers spring to mind... Where have they all gone?
Indeed. Where they told to send them to the McCanns, or to the PJ ?
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 1 Nov - 17:05

It will be interesting to see what the next 'not helpful' article might say. Like the 3-fits one. I wonder if there will be one this weekend. Did we need to know the e-fits were kept in the files for 5 years. has that helped the search or not.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 1 Nov - 17:19

I'm hoping that the Sunday Times follows on from last week with some nuggets from the Oakley report.
It's important now, I think, that the momentum keeps going.

And speaking of this Sunday, if you are a Sunday morning radio listener, you might wish to hide under the duvet for a little longer ......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03g8d64
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 1 Nov - 18:43

almostgothic wrote:A police source told weekly Portuguese newspaper 'O Crime' today that the theory of the ex-Ocean Club worker's involvement in Madeleine's disappearance was ‘worthy of note’.

But insisting nothing had been discounted, he added: ‘All leads, including those the British least like, are being considered.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2483395/Madeleine-McCann-dead-suspect-revealed-violent-past-police-say.html#ixzz2jPflslyA
The dailymail article has a slimy pink sludge running throughout it, and that little gem hidden in its midst is an effort to quell the rising doubts in DCI Redwood's agenda (imo).  Crime Watch has brought about a backlash, and TM are trying to quell the distrust that is spreading like wildfire.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Fri 1 Nov - 19:44

hiya pennylane, yes it is pinky and slimy, but also on Joana site it clarifies that the PJ are undertaking these diligences under the terms of the Rogatory letters. so the spin has been put on the PJ, when has it not. Yes the backlash is starting and the mistrust is not only as you say on the McCanns but also on DCI Tortoise. and until such times as I KNOW he is a tortoise I will give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he is playing a good game and not appeasing either TM or the Establishment.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 1 Nov - 19:57

tanszi wrote:hiya pennylane, yes it is pinky and slimy, but also on Joana site it clarifies that the PJ are undertaking these diligences under the terms of the Rogatory letters.  so the spin has been put on the PJ, when has it not.  Yes the backlash is starting and the mistrust is not only as you say on the McCanns but also on DCI Tortoise.  and until such times as I KNOW he is a tortoise I will give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he is playing a good game and not appeasing either TM or the Establishment.
I get the distinct impression that there's a leak, and someone is showing the entire farce for what it truly is.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 1 Nov - 20:17

So now suddenly this dead man with a grudge who was a thief has now also become a man with a violent past who acted suspiciously around children. So who has come forward to accuse him of all that?. Blimey it just gets worse and worse and more and more unbelievable
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next