Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appeal to search for Madeleine in missingpeople

5 posters

Go down

Appeal to search for Madeleine in missingpeople Empty Appeal to search for Madeleine in missingpeople

Post  Panda Mon 6 Jan - 10:25

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/madeleinemccann?gclid=CK_RguSp6bsCFabLtAod_CkAZA

The McCanns just don't stop do they, Kate is supposed to be an Ambassador for all missing children, not her own child.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Appeal to search for Madeleine in missingpeople Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Appeal to search for Madeleine in missingpeople Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Appeal to search for Madeleine in missingpeople Empty Re: Appeal to search for Madeleine in missingpeople

Post  Guest Mon 6 Jan - 11:04

Panda wrote:https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/madeleinemccann?gclid=CK_RguSp6bsCFabLtAod_CkAZA

The McCanns just don't stop do they, Kate is supposed to be an Ambassador for all missing children, not her own child.

In fairness, she IS supposed to be a "missing person" and therefore should be on the website.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Appeal to search for Madeleine in missingpeople Empty Re: Appeal to search for Madeleine in missingpeople

Post  Panda Mon 6 Jan - 11:19

Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/madeleinemccann?gclid=CK_RguSp6bsCFabLtAod_CkAZA

In fairness, she IS supposed to be a "missing person" and therefore should be on the website.

Let's be fair Iris, Madeleine has been missing for almost 7 years, her face is known around the World , surely a photo of a child living in the U.K. only recently missing could have been used , the McCanns have their own website
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Appeal to search for Madeleine in missingpeople Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Appeal to search for Madeleine in missingpeople Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 6 Jan - 11:41

If they don't find a body then that person remains 'missing'.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 6 Jan - 11:46

Remember Daniel Entwhistle...he went missing in 2003....he was 7

The thing I find odd is, Madeleine has an aged progression pic, Daniel hasn't.

The search for Daniel lasted less than 3 months, they assume he fell into the canal, if you look on his page it says, Daniel, we would love to hear from you...I find that an odd statement to make but his body has never been found.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 6 Jan - 12:14

kitti wrote:Remember Daniel   Entwhistle...he went missing in 2003....he was 7

The search for Daniel lasted less than 3 months, they assume he fell into the canal, if you look on his page it says, Daniel,  we would love to hear from you...I find that an odd statement to make but his body has never been found.

kitti, the age progression picture of Madeleine was done in America and paid for by the Fund I assume.

In the U.K. after 7 years missing a person is presumed dead. Madeleine will be presumed dead this May and will no longer be a Ward of Court. Can the McCanns justify asking for Donations etc after that date.???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Tue 7 Jan - 0:02

Panda wrote:
kitti wrote:Remember Daniel   Entwhistle...he went missing in 2003....he was 7

The search for Daniel lasted less than 3 months, they assume he fell into the canal, if you look on his page it says, Daniel,  we would love to hear from you...I find that an odd statement to make but his body has never been found.

kitti, the age progression picture of Madeleine was done in America and paid for by the Fund I assume.

In the U.K. after 7 years missing a person is presumed dead. Madeleine will be presumed dead this May and will no longer be a Ward of Court. Can the McCanns justify asking for Donations etc after that date.???

I think that the 7 year date for presuming someone dead is also used in the USA, but I don't know about Portugal. I am not sure if someone has to apply for someone to be presumed dead, or if it is automatic. Who would be the one to make the request? Would it be the Court, since she is a Ward of the Court?
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 7 Jan - 0:09

It isn't obligitory though is it?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 7 Jan - 0:42

Pretty certain you have to apply to the court to have a person declared dead. For example, Ben Needham has been missing a hell of a lot longer than 7 years - so have Lord Lucan and Renee Macrae. But AFAIK they have never been declared dead.

Of course with Maddie being a ward of court, that may well complicate things for the McCanns.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 7 Jan - 2:47

I think it is mainly applied for when the missing person has assets which are to be distributed in a Will. The Executor applies to the Court after 7 years to release the assets to the Beneficiaries..

In Madeleine's case it was suggested she be made a Ward of Court so that in the event of the Parents death, the Court take over the search for her. I think it was in case the Parents were imprisoned , negect causing harm carried a 10 yr sentence.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 7 Jan - 7:38

The young women that went missing whilst on holiday was declared dead by her father even though her mother contested this.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Tue 7 Jan - 8:29

The presumed dead thing wouldn't apply here.

Any way to get their photo into the paper or on the milk carton, like she does not have enough exposure vis a vis other missing kids.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down