Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only 2 Weeks gone and Kennedy wants money "mainly for legal expenditure"

+4
jeanmonroe
maebee
interested
Lioned
8 posters

Go down

Only 2 Weeks gone and Kennedy wants money "mainly for legal expenditure" Empty Only 2 Weeks gone and Kennedy wants money "mainly for legal expenditure"

Post  Lioned Fri 10 Jan - 16:51

Maddie has been 'missing' for 2 weeks and the appeal / fund 'mechanism' is "mainly for Legal expenses" !

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Only 2 Weeks gone and Kennedy wants money "mainly for legal expenditure" Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Only 2 Weeks gone and Kennedy wants money "mainly for legal expenditure" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Only 2 Weeks gone and Kennedy wants money "mainly for legal expenditure" Empty Re: Only 2 Weeks gone and Kennedy wants money "mainly for legal expenditure"

Post  interested Fri 10 Jan - 16:57

"The fund uplifted him." (speaking of her son, Gerry)
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Only 2 Weeks gone and Kennedy wants money "mainly for legal expenditure" Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Only 2 Weeks gone and Kennedy wants money "mainly for legal expenditure" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Only 2 Weeks gone and Kennedy wants money "mainly for legal expenditure" Empty Re: Only 2 Weeks gone and Kennedy wants money "mainly for legal expenditure"

Post  Lioned Fri 10 Jan - 17:04

After 2 weeks would you really be that focused on the probable costs of Legal expenses.It would presumably take several days to set up the 'fund'/mechanism for giving money,so at what point (i.e. day 3 or day 4 or day 5 ) ?

They clearly knew at a very early date that there was a very real possibility of neglect charges at the very least.

So the money was for their defence and not for any search for Maddie.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 10 Jan - 17:25

Oh,but just hold on one minute........................

By September 2007 a slight change of plan.

The Fund Will Not Be Used For Legal Expenses !

With thanks to HiDeHo
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 10 Jan - 17:45

These videos are cracking up Lioned, did you know? There was Press reaction when it was said the Fund would be used for Legal Expense, Esther McVey a Director went on T.V. to state that at a meeting of Directors it was agreed the Fund would not pay Legal Fees.......about 4 months later she resigned. Nothing but the best for the McCanns , top class Lawyers costing a fortune ,Another example how the McCanns put themselves first before their children., not one Detective of merit hired , Metodo and Halligen known more for money laundering than finding missing children .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 10 Jan - 18:12

There is no private 'search' now that the tax payer is coughing up £10 mill for Andy and his extensive team so what part of the fund isn't for legal expenses and kates haircuts and gerrys new 4x4 ?
Doesn't cost much to keep a website going and kate can wrap up the good quality wristbands and bargain shed books at a pound a pop.She can do that in her spare time or is she still on cadaver call.

Interesting how all the family were prepared to sell their houses to pay for the legal defence,so how many of them are out on the streets ?
How many have tasted the trappings of 5* living at Maddie's expense ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 10 Jan - 21:25

Could explain this, then.
Only 2 Weeks gone and Kennedy wants money "mainly for legal expenditure" 11877433446_9135118a92_z
They certainly don't need any more money for searching, because two police forces are doing that for them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Fri 10 Jan - 22:25

What i have never understood is WHY so many people gave up very well paid and secure employment, to go rushing to 'work' for team McCann, when Madeleine could of, might of, be 'found' very quickly.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 10 Jan - 22:49

jeanmonroe wrote:What i have never understood is WHY so many people gave up very well paid and secure employment, to go rushing to 'work' for team McCann, when Madeleine could of, might of, be 'found' very quickly.

Remember the Easel that Gerry was standing by with" the wider agenda" written above? The scenario reads like who's who but when you look closely not everyone was working for the McCanns , they were working for themselves. Clarence took charge of the media as he was paid to do, Tony Blair got involved because Gerry had phoned him within the hour that Madeleine went missing , Gerry knew the Blairs socially because he was being groomed for a Labour seat .Richard Branson, as mega rich as he is ,charged the Charities for the Dinner at his Restaurant before the Auction tool place. Philip Green let them use his Jet  and so on. Madeleine was such a pretty child, very photogenic and the Public adopted her and donated generously to help find her. It was like a well oiled Machine and Clarence and the Press are still , after almost 7 years , keeping the case alive.

The McCanns gave interviews around the World , had many doors opened for them......no other missing child will ever have the attention Madeleine has had.

Last edited by Panda on Fri 10 Jan - 22:51; edited 1 time in total
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 10 Jan - 22:50

jeanmonroe wrote:What i have never understood is WHY so many people gave up very well paid and secure employment, to go rushing to 'work' for team McCann, when Madeleine could of, might of, be 'found' very quickly.

Exactly!! Chief among the "many people", Clarence Mitchell.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Sat 11 Jan - 0:16

This was one of my WTF moments in the case jean. G.M.'s brother was in a very well paid job at the time - Pharmaceutical Co. iirc. I couldn't understand why he gave up this job to devote himself to the "Find Madeleine" job, when she could have been found at any time i.e. the day after he resigned from his job. Baffling.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Sat 11 Jan - 0:24

interested wrote:

Exactly!!  Chief among the "many people", Clarence Mitchell.

The very same Clarence Mitchell who was spokesman for Fiona MacKeown, a now convicted benefits fraudster, who stole £51,401.49.

"She just wondered if I could give her some advice. Gerry and Kate are fully aware that I have been in touch with her and if somebody with a genuinely deserving case thinks I can help, then I will."

So Mitchell thinks that somebody who steals, and who has now been convicted of stealing, £51,401,49. is a genuinely deserving person to help!

Says it all really.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Jan - 8:54

It was Gordon Brown who asked Mitchell to act for the McCanns I think.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Sat 11 Jan - 11:24

Just watching these videos again, it reminds me of how bizarre the term 'fighting fund' is/was........

Surely at that stage, if any fund was started, it should have been called 'the search fund' or the 'find Madeleine fund'. I just cannot imagine why any innocent party would call it the 'fighting fund'.

Personally I think this, on it's own, speaks volumes. They obviously knew that the spotlight would fall on them, sooner or later, and they would need to 'fight their corner' in the courts.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 11 Jan - 11:38

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/john-mccann/11/589/304

It isn't certain if John McCann gave up his job - his LinkedIn profile does not confirm that. Maybe he just took some extended leave.

A reminder of how well he was coping only six days after his niece was allegedly "kidnapped by paedophiles".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eow5XijukmU

I doubt somehow that he needed any compassionate leave because he was too distraught to work.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Jan - 12:03

Roasted Arizona wrote:Just watching these videos again, it reminds me of how bizarre the term 'fighting fund' is/was........

Surely at that stage,  if any fund was started, it should have been called 'the search fund' or the 'find Madeleine fund'. I just cannot imagine why any innocent party would call it the 'fighting fund'.

Personally I think this, on it's own, speaks volumes.  They obviously knew that the spotlight would fall on them, sooner or later, and they would need to 'fight their corner' in the courts.  

Roasted Arizona.....what puzzled me, and still does, the Company was up and running 12 days after Madeleine went missing, how did the McCanns know Madeleine would not be found in the interim?????? This question should have been asked of them right at the beginning .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Sat 11 Jan - 12:15

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/john-mccann/11/589/304

It isn't certain if John McCann gave up his job - his LinkedIn profile does not confirm that. Maybe he just took some extended leave.

A reminder of how well he was coping only six days after his niece was allegedly "kidnapped by paedophiles".

I doubt somehow that he needed any compassionate leave because he was too distraught to work.

Come one now, he'd had a few days to get over it (sarcasm just in case nobody realises!)
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Jan - 12:26

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/john-mccann/11/589/304

I liked that bit at the end where John said of the McCanns "they are working closely with the Authorities. Only 2 Weeks gone and Kennedy wants money "mainly for legal expenditure" 294124 

John McCann did not give up his job for a few years with Astrazenaca, according to his role as Chairman he attended all the Meetings of the Board in Leicester even though he lived in Scotland !!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 11 Jan - 14:07

jeanmonroe wrote:
interested wrote:

The very same Clarence Mitchell who was spokesman for Fiona MacKeown, a now convicted benefits fraudster, who stole £51,401.49.

"She just wondered if I could give her some advice. Gerry and Kate are fully aware that I have been in touch with her and if somebody with a genuinely deserving case thinks I can help, then I will."

So Mitchell thinks that somebody who steals, and who has now been convicted of stealing, £51,401,49. is a genuinely deserving person to help!

Says it all really.
wonder if he was payed with this stolen money?  Only 2 Weeks gone and Kennedy wants money "mainly for legal expenditure" 303636 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Sat 11 Jan - 16:01

wjk wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
interested wrote:

Says it all really.
wonder if he was payed with this stolen money?  Only 2 Weeks gone and Kennedy wants money "mainly for legal expenditure" 303636 

Most likely yes, but he doesn't care, money is money. Better than being paid with blood money.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down