Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph

+8
Annabel
cass
kitti
Lioned
fuzeta
MaryB
almostgothic
interested
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph Empty Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph

Post  interested Fri 10 Jan - 17:50

Just read this online - from The Telegraph dated 1:30 PM GMT 10 Jan. 2014. Second International Letter of Request sent to Portugal by the Crown Prosecution Service.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph Empty Re: Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph

Post  fuzeta Fri 10 Jan - 18:38

interested wrote:Just read this online - from The Telegraph dated 1:30 PM GMT 10 Jan. 2014.  Second International Letter of Request sent to Portugal by the Crown Prosecution Service.

Hello Interested, Seems SY are doing their very best to make sure Portugal comes up with the report that they want. Finish it all off neat and tidy. Seems Portugal may be proving to be a not very biddable, shame on them  Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph 25346 
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :
Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph Empty Re: Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph

Post  almostgothic Fri 10 Jan - 19:18

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10563621/Madeleine-McCann-Scotland-Yard-requests-more-help-from-Portugal.html

This appears to be a second letter which is quite independent from the first one.
Not IMO a question of anyone being biddable or not - it's a recognised and accepted European protocol used for mutual legal assistance, and a second request suggests new information and help is being called for.

I'm going to treat that as good news, until I'm proved wrong.
No wonder the laughable burglar-ductor story appeared the other day.
That was the pathetic pre-emptive spinning in anticipation of this news.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Fri 10 Jan - 19:30

almostgothic wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10563621/Madeleine-McCann-Scotland-Yard-requests-more-help-from-Portugal.html

This appears to be a second letter which is quite independent from the first one.
Not IMO a question of anyone being biddable or not - it's a recognised and accepted European protocol used for mutual legal assistance, and a second request suggests new information and help is being called for.

Maybe, but how did the spinner know? Are they being fed confidential information from one of their little friends ?
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 10 Jan - 19:32

Wasn't there mention last week of some message telling people not to pay attention to what would be in the papers in the near future. Maybe things are happening behind the scenes. Or is that too optimistic.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 10 Jan - 19:35

I suppose there is just a chance that the pink prince of maggotsville is deliberately spinning stories to the press designed to split the PJ and SY who in reality are getting on jolly well together.

I also had a dream that Jessica Ennis dropped her sprog in the long jump sand last night.What thats got to do with it i have no idea really.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 10 Jan - 20:27

almostgothic wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10563621/Madeleine-McCann-Scotland-Yard-requests-more-help-from-Portugal.html

IMO they are hoping to get the Portuguese on their side with the burglar story being possible. Even though we are laughing about it. It seems SY are seriously expecting it to stick as they expected whatever other silly notions they have come up with to stick. I think they want the Portuguese powers to say " that's a good one we will go with that" So far they are not having it  Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph 49091 
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 10 Jan - 22:03

I understood that SY were doing their investigstion and OPORTO tucked away doing theirs , judging by the nonsense we have received so far from SY, what is in the letter of request they have sent? Could it be for Portugal to request extradition from another Country the extradition back to Portugal of a possible suspect that SY have unearthed???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Fri 10 Jan - 22:06

Why would the 'elitist' of BHH's 38 Met 'elite' Madeleine Cops team need to 'request' help from anyone?

Let alone 'help' from a bunch 'of sardine munching, imbecilic, bungling, corrupt, foreign morons'?

As the entire UK media, and vinegar breath Parsons, call the PJ, at every opportunity (almost daily)!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 10 Jan - 22:12

Panda wrote:I understood that SY were doing their investigstion and OPORTO tucked away doing theirs , judging by the nonsense we have received so far from SY, what is in the letter of request they have sent?  Could it be for Portugal to request extradition from another Country the extradition back to Portugal of a possible suspect that SY have unearthed???

Wishful thinking Panda. If you mean who I think you mean it is not going to happen imo . Nothing is going to happen to them. If it was, it would have been within the first few months of the investigation. it would have only taken that long to come up with the obvious.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 10 Jan - 22:33

fuzeta wrote:
Panda wrote:I understood that SY were doing their investigstion and OPORTO tucked away doing theirs , judging by the nonsense we have received so far from SY, what is in the letter of request they have sent?  Could it be for Portugal to request extradition from another Country the extradition back to Portugal of a possible suspect that SY have unearthed???

Wishful  thinking Panda.  If you mean who I think you mean it is not going to happen imo . Nothing is going to happen to them.  If it was, it would have been within the first few months of the investigation. it would have only taken that long to come up with the obvious.

What do you think the Letter is for? That Oporto share their info? I read that the McCanns were in Portugal last October with SY and had a meeting with a Portugese (Minister?) maybe that had something to do with the Letter of request . I'm assuming it is for the extradition of a suspect living in another Country....probably nothing like that  Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph 25346 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 10 Jan - 22:36

They went to ask to be Assistentes didn't they ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Jan - 6:55

Lioned wrote:They went to ask to be Assistentes didn't they ?

Your'e probably right , but the request was made to the Court which delayed the Trial I seem to remember.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 11 Jan - 9:01

SY wanna know what the PJ know...or rather, the mccanns wanna know.....the mccanns can't pre-emnt if they don't have that information .

'there's a perfectly innocent explanation for what may or may not be found'...yeah right.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 11 Jan - 9:12

ll i for one hope that sy are asking portugal for help - i am sick to the back teeth of all this portugal bashing from the uk press - the tapas and mcanns take their children on holiday 1 never to return and yes we know that there was mistakes made - the mistakes giving the mcanns and friends too much trust - wasnt it uk police that sent in the dogs - BOTH uk poile and pj worked together and i hope that they still are doing so - this is about a little girl that is no longer around - NOT bashing the police of both uk and portugal its about finding the truth as to what happened to her - confusion is good as they say - but not anymore both should start at the beginning - no fannying about with make up robbers - haul everyone in under caution and find out - who did what and where from the min they got off that plane to pissing off back to the uk - anything less whitewash - like i say its about madeleine not anyone else the truth needs to come out
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Jan - 9:50

cass wrote:ll i for one hope that sy are asking portugal for help - i am sick to the back teeth of all this portugal bashing from the uk press - the tapas and mcanns take their children on holiday 1 never to return and yes we know that there was mistakes made - the mistakes giving the mcanns and friends too much trust - wasnt it uk police that sent in the dogs - BOTH uk poile and pj worked together and i hope that they still are doing so - this is about a little girl that is no longer around - NOT bashing the police of both uk and portugal its about finding the truth as to what happened to her - confusion is good as they say - but not anymore both should start at the beginning - no fannying about with make up robbers - haul everyone in under caution and find out - who did what and where from the min they got off that plane to pissing off back to the uk - anything less whitewash - like i say its about madeleine not anyone else the truth needs to come out

Hi cass, it's not working like that though is it!! The Crimestoppers Programme was enough to convince the Public and Portugese Police that they should
plough their own furrow and report only to their Boss. All I hope is the OPORTO Report has enough evidence to provide end-game on this case , and finally, justice for Madeleine.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 11 Jan - 10:47

morning panda - when this reviw was started i really think it was a message to tell the mcanns to shut up - i really dont think the mcanns was expecting this - a lot has happened since then the uk public have been told more than they wished for - example mrs fen and the over a hr crying - dont think that it is all feel sorry for me bits keep coming up that is NOT helpful - i would like to think that sy and the pj have both had enough of this bashing - not good that police are taking this in everyday - in a fact they are calling their own -i hope that they are doing a job they are paid for - also wwho really thought that portugal would reopen this case - not me for a start - the hope that i have is that it has been reopened because there is something to work on and THEY are both in the know not uk press spinning for england - i mean 3 robbers on the run we will catch you soon - come on who is taking the piss and out of who
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Jan - 11:47

cass wrote:morning panda - when this reviw was started i really think it was a message to tell the mcanns to shut up - i really dont think the mcanns was expecting this - a lot has happened since then the uk public have been told more than they wished for - example mrs fen and the over a hr crying - dont think that it is all feel sorry for me bits keep coming up that is NOT helpful - i would like to think that sy and the pj have both had enough of this bashing - not good that police are taking this in everyday - in a fact they are calling their own -i hope that they are doing a job they are paid for - also wwho really thought that portugal would reopen this case - not me for a start - the hope that i have is that it has been reopened because there is something to work on and THEY are both in the know not uk press spinning for england - i mean 3 robbers on the run we will catch you soon - come on who is taking the piss and out of who

Cass I think Redwood only has himself to blame, Kate said SY were keeping her informed, look at the ridiculous "suspects" SY have produced , can anyonetake them seriously? Redwood should never have been making so many interviews, OPORTO has the right idea, 4 Police Officers tucked away there , not giving any information to anyone least of all Scotland Yard when they can see the mess he is making.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Sat 11 Jan - 12:24

Panda wrote:
cass wrote:morning panda - when this reviw was started i really think it was a message to tell the mcanns to shut up - i really dont think the mcanns was expecting this - a lot has happened since then the uk public have been told more than they wished for - example mrs fen and the over a hr crying - dont think that it is all feel sorry for me bits keep coming up that is NOT helpful - i would like to think that sy and the pj have both had enough of this bashing - not good that police are taking this in everyday - in a fact they are calling their own -i hope that they are doing a job they are paid for - also wwho really thought that portugal would reopen this case - not me for a start - the hope that i have is that it has been reopened because there is something to work on and THEY are both in the know not uk press spinning for england - i mean 3 robbers on the run we will catch you soon - come on who is taking the piss and out of who

Cass I think Redwood only has himself to blame, Kate said SY were keeping her informed, look at the ridiculous "suspects" SY have produced , can anyonetake them seriously? Redwood should never have been making so many interviews, OPORTO has the right idea, 4 Police Officers tucked away there , not giving any information to anyone least of all Scotland Yard when they can see the mess he is making.

The McCanns should have been kept at arm's length and out of the loop. Instead, they were 'Kate & Gery', as if they were Redwood's best friends - perhaps another case of 'call me Andy'
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Jan - 12:31

[quote="jassi"][quote="Panda"]

The McCanns should have been kept at arm's length and out of the loop. Instead, they were 'Kate & Gery', as if they were Redwood's best friends - perhaps another case of 'call me Andy'

Yes jassi , Redwood has verbal diarrhea when it comes to reporting . Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph 294124 As soon as i saw him I thought he had the look of a village idiot, the question is, how did he ever get to the Rank he has?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sat 11 Jan - 12:39

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Sat 11 Jan - 12:43

What's quite interesting is that they are not confirming any of this bullshit about burglars, even though the papers seem to be linking the two things.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Jan - 13:38

Thanks Annabel ,it is obviously to do with SY, not the Trial .......I bet Redwood is asking for info on what OPORTO has found  Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph 294124  Either that or they want the Portugese to extradite a suspect they wish to interview., I doubt they would ask for that unless they were very sure this person is innocent......maybe I have misjudged Redwood and everything til now has been a deliberate ploy to make the suspect think he is safe.........do you think??? Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph 25346 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Jan - 13:46

Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph 294124 

Is it only me....I use an emoticon but it doesn't show up on the post,  Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal - The Telegraph 23324 

See if these do.

No they havn't shown up ...would someone like to try ?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Sat 11 Jan - 16:08

Police confirm request of help over Madeleine McCann
Last updated Sat 11 Jan 2014
The Metropolitan Police have confirmed that a formal request for help in the Madeleine McCann case has been sent to Portuguese authorities.
In a statement made tonight, a police spokesperson said:
We can confirm that a second International Letter of Request (ILOR) has been sent to the Portuguese authorities by the Crown Prosecution Services this week (week commencing 6 January) in connection with Operation Grange.
--------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT is confusing me (not hard to do!) is:

WHY would the 'elitist' of BHH's 38 Met 'elite' Madeleine Cops team need to 'request' help from anyone?

Let alone 'help' from a bunch 'of sardine munching, imbecilic, bungling, corrupt, foreign morons'?

As the entire UK media, and vinegar breath Parsons, call the PJ, at every opportunity (almost daily)!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum