Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you all make of this?

+3
mara thon
marxman
tanszi
7 posters

Go down

What do you all make of this? Empty What do you all make of this?

Post  Guest Fri 14 Feb - 21:53

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2484066/pg1

It's probably all rubbish but that pair are so greedy, it would not surprise me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

What do you all make of this? Empty Re: What do you all make of this?

Post  Guest Fri 14 Feb - 22:10

It's got to be false - even they couldn't get away with claiming benefits for a child who hasn't been with them for nearly 7 years.

There have of course been cases where people have died and others continued to collect pensions and other benefits but nobody could do that with such a high profile case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 15 Feb - 0:49

I agree Not Born Yesterday, much too high profile and someone would have noticed years ago if this was the case. but I have to say again, I don't believe this.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
What do you all make of this? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What do you all make of this? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 15 Feb - 9:53

As a matter of interest - and hopefully none of us will have had any personal experience of this - when a child goes missing and is never found, for how long would the parents be able to claim child benefit?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Sat 15 Feb - 11:33

And how does a child being a WOC impact on a benefit claim?
I'm not sure
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :
What do you all make of this? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What do you all make of this? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 15 Feb - 12:48

"update on mr amarals trial"

It IS about the WOC and before anyone knocks the issue with child benefit.....well they are trying to get money in the trial for Madeleine knowing that she is a WOC....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Sat 15 Feb - 13:38

It probably is rubbish, but then again nothing would surprise me. They´d probably claim it was a nest egg for Madeleine, I truly wouldn´t put anything past them.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 15 Feb - 13:51

They certainly do get away with things that other people wouldn't but I don't think there's any truth in this.

I can't find anything about whether or not child benefit would be paid in the case of a child whose whereabouts are unknown.

Perhaps we have someone on here who works in that area.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 15 Feb - 15:53

I don't know what to make of it but it wouldn't surprise me if, after seven years, they apply to have Madeleine declared dead and then continue to solicit funds to help search for her little body.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 15 Feb - 16:10

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Sat 15 Feb - 17:29

What do you all make of this? Gerry_10

As Dick Emery would have said: "Oh Kitti, you are naughty, but i like you"!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 15 Feb - 18:40

Very clever though. What do you all make of this? 25346 

The request for a missing person to be declared dead after 7 years is usually when an Estate in a Will is to be divided
In this case Madeleine does not have an estate and if the McCanns apply for Madeleine to be dead, the Fund immediately has to cease and since it was primarily public donations , it would be expected of the McCanns to donate the residue to a charity . In 2011 a Special Resolution signed by the Directors was for seminars, CD's manufacture to show people how to search for their missing loved ones (I kid you not) and various other money making enterprises.

As for them claiming benefits for Madeleine , I doubt that is true, she would have to be living with them to qualify.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 15 Feb - 19:52

Actually that's not true, EU workers get paid Child Benefit if they are working here, even though their child is back in Poland or Latvia or wherever. The bit that actually does make me doubt it is that the DSS actually became the DWP back in 2001.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 15 Feb - 20:23

Iris wrote:Actually that's not true, EU workers get paid Child Benefit if they are working here, even though their child is back in Poland or Latvia or wherever.  The bit that actually does make me doubt it is that the DSS actually became the DWP back in 2001.

I don't think it's true, would the McCanns really be so crass as to claim Benefits when Madeleine is a Ward of Court so they have no Guardianship over her ?

No wonder Britain is in the state it's in every Tom Dick and Harry can claim. I think it's called the DHSS now, a friend works there and there a 14 different Nationality Forms available to claimants. It appears the Pakistanis have rights given to them by the British Government because Pakistan was formed by partition from India when it was a Colony.She was telling me one day she had to work out the Benefits for a Husband, Wife and 3 children which totalled over 800 pounds per month. The Husband said, 'oh you forgot my Mother, my Friend said, well where is she? He said, she was still in Pakistan but coming over soon.....what can you say.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down