Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commissioner of Met Police discusses progress - mccannfiles

+5
almostgothic
jassi
frencheuropean
pennylane
tanszi
9 posters

Go down

Commissioner of Met Police discusses progress - mccannfiles Empty Commissioner of Met Police discusses progress - mccannfiles

Post  interested Thu 20 Feb - 16:09

www.mccannfiles.com has transcript (by Nigel Moore) of Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe's interview with BBC also article from Evening Standard (which was updated at 12:12 20 February 2014)
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Commissioner of Met Police discusses progress - mccannfiles Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Commissioner of Met Police discusses progress - mccannfiles Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Commissioner of Met Police discusses progress - mccannfiles Empty Re: Commissioner of Met Police discusses progress - mccannfiles

Post  jeanmonroe Thu 20 Feb - 16:33

Anyone find it 'strange' the 'fund raiser' for McCanns 'fund' should be putting himself 'about' the day after rumours the McCanns tried to 'settle' libel trial in GA's favour but were 'rebuffed'?
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :
Commissioner of Met Police discusses progress - mccannfiles Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Commissioner of Met Police discusses progress - mccannfiles Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Commissioner of Met Police discusses progress - mccannfiles Empty Re: Commissioner of Met Police discusses progress - mccannfiles

Post  interested Thu 20 Feb - 16:49

I don't know about the latest "fund raiser" but I like the part about the U.K. police have "names" of people they suspect were involved with Madeleine's "disappearance". The Commissioner also mentions that dreaded word "murder".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 20 Feb - 17:04

First broadcast: Thursday 20 February 2014

Transcript

By Nigel Moore

Nicky Campbell: Errm... Adeal in London... no, I tell you what, we'll go to Christine in Cardiff. Brief points please because there's only eight minutes left, so make your questions as... as, errr... well edited as you can. Hi, Christine.

Christine: (phone in) Good morning. Good morning, Sir Bernard.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe: Good morning, Christine.

Christine: I'd like to ask you, errr... on the progress of Operation Grange.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe: Right, we have a lots of Op... Operations, so you're going to have...

Nicky Campbell: Operation Grange, just...?

Christine: Operation Grange.

Nicky Campbell: Which is?

Christine: It's the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe: Ahh, right, thank you for helping...

Christine: That's okay.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe: ...but we do have a lot of Operations in London, so I'm sorry if I didn't recognise it immediately.

Nicky Campbell: The Portuguese police are in a mess... really messed up, didn't they?

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe: Yes. [spoken in acknowledgment of the reference to the 'Portuguese police' and before Nicky Campbell has finished his sentence]

Christine: Yes... no [seemingly spoken in echo of Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe's 'yes' but then realises it could be misconstrued and makes an attempt to change it to 'no'. See her next comment]

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe: Errm... I'm not going to respond to Nicky's comments.

Christine: (in background) Did they Nicky?

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe: I'm just going to... Let me just... let me just help. Where we are at the moment: We've sent three letters of request for international assistance to the Portuguese, errr... Judiciary, because that's the way their system works, and also with the police - we are working closely with them. Errm... obviously the Portuguese police have got a line of inquiry which is different to the Metropolitan Police's but we're working together to try and resolve that. Errm... we're trying our best to keep the family informed and I think in the middle of all this, quite often their torment gets lost. Have they lost a child or, errr... by being murdered or... sadly... or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them.

Nicky Campbell: Awful.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe: Either way, errr... they've got that terrible uncertainty, so we're all trying our best to help resolve that. We...

Nicky Campbell: Do you have suspects?

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe: Errr... yes, we've said very clearly that, you know, we've got lines of inquiry that, errm... are different to the Portuguese police and we're working with them to try and resolve that and I'm only going to... you know, that comment you made at the beginning, about, you know, what they did or didn't do. We've got to work together on this and I don't mean that as a naïve thing; I just think, generally. We've generally got to work together. We can't police Portugal, they can't do everything over here; we must work together. So, we're insist... you know, we really can work in genuine partnership on this. We're making some progress, errm... let's see how it comes over the next few months.

Nicky Campbell: If you'd been involved at the outset, do you think we might have got further with this investigation?

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe: Errr... I think that's a bit unf... that would be unfair. I mean there's been inquiries in, errm... in the UK, where we know that the police could have done better. I think to be too judgmental in these cases is... is wrong and I wasn't there and I'm not going to judge them. The main thing we're all committed to is trying to find that little girl.

Nicky Campbell: And you have lines of inquiry, you have 'suspects' lines of inquiry; you have names.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe: That's right.

Nicky Campbell: Errm... and I appreciate how you can't, at this stage, go any further, errr... and have you spoken to those people?

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe: Errm... I'm not going to go any further, really. Because that's what you just said you didn't want!

Nicky Campbell: I'm sure when you were interviewing people in that... in that little room you'd try and sneak one in like that, Sir Bernard. I bet you have in your time.

Adeal's in London...

So the Big Balloon is not dissing the PJ, and refuses to let the puerile and obnoxious Nicky Campbell do so, either. And yes, they have suspects, but aren't giving out names. He has also put the possibility on the table that Madeleine was murdered. I wonder if the McCanns will be suing him next for "hampering the search".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 20 Feb - 17:54

Not sure if this was deliberate, he also appears to be saying it has his attention but no more so than any other investigation which is on going at the moment. Its really good that he isn't dissing the PJ, afterall what has his investigation achieved?
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 20 Feb - 18:08

tanszi wrote:Not sure if this was deliberate, he also appears to be saying it has his attention but no more so than any other investigation which is on going at the moment.  Its really good that he isn't dissing the PJ, afterall what has his investigation achieved?

By comparing UK investigations "where we know that the police could have done better" Hogan Howe is inferring the PJ didn't do a good job... in a backhanded kind of way (imo).
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 20 Feb - 18:33

pennylane wrote:
tanszi wrote:Not sure if this was deliberate, he also appears to be saying it has his attention but no more so than any other investigation which is on going at the moment.  Its really good that he isn't dissing the PJ, afterall what has his investigation achieved?

By comparing UK investigations "where we know that the police could have done better" Hogan Howe is inferring the PJ didn't do a good job... in a backhanded kind of way (imo).

Has he read the volumes of documents in the PJ Files?
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Thu 20 Feb - 18:36

interested wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Of course not, he has trained monkeys for that.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 20 Feb - 18:38

jassi wrote:
interested wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Of course not, he has trained monkeys for that.

Wouldn't matter if he did (imo) as he's on a wholly dishonorable mission where the McCanns are concerned!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Thu 20 Feb - 19:03

"...we're trying our best to keep the family informed and I think in the middle of all this, quite often their torment gets lost. Have they lost a child or, errr... by being murdered or... sadly... or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them."

Not very articulate but obviously on the Mccann's side.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Thu 20 Feb - 19:09

frencheuropean wrote:"...we're trying our best to keep the family informed and I think in the middle of all this, quite often their torment gets lost. Have they lost a child or, errr... by being murdered or... sadly... or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them."

Wel, he couldn't really say anything else - even if he wished to.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Thu 20 Feb - 19:20

jassi wrote:
frencheuropean wrote:"...we're trying our best to keep the family informed and I think in the middle of all this, quite often their torment gets lost. Have they lost a child or, errr... by being murdered or... sadly... or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them."

Wel, he couldn't really say anything else - even if he wished to.

He could have done "le service minimum" instead of this compassionate gibberish.
Strange expression :" Have lost a child by someone else stealing them" . Does one steal a child? Or
perhaps he means that the burglars chased by the MET provoked the loss of Madeleine that happened when they were trying to steal items in their flat?
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 20 Feb - 19:26

We have Kate's own words (to her mother): "She's gone, mum. She's gone." Not something you would say by phone to your aged mother, in another country in the middle of the night, if you thought your not yet four year old daughter would turn up at any moment.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Thu 20 Feb - 19:33

interested wrote:We have Kate's own words (to her mother):  "She's gone, mum.  She's gone."  Not something you would say by phone to your aged mother, in another country in the middle of the night, if you thought your not yet four year old daughter would turn up at any moment.

Strange, but then, they've said all sorts of strange things.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 20 Feb - 19:39

The Daily Mail weighs in: "Britain's most senior police officer confirms the Met has the names of the three suspects in Madeleine McCann case and is 'closing in' So the Mail is back to the three burglars. What about the "imminent" arrests we were promised?
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 20 Feb - 19:58

"Have they lost a child or, errr... by being murdered or... sadly... or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them."

The sentence above is intriguing.
The mere fact that he puts 'murder' into the mix, seemingly without any prompting, is one thing.
But he also introduces 'someone else', who might be responsible for the disappearance but not, apparently, a murder.

So if it is murder, who does he think is responsible?
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 20 Feb - 20:01

Hogan Howe could sit there scratching his arm pits eating monkey nuts and make a complete idiot of himself.Makes no odds to the outcome of this 'Investigation' which has already been agreed.
He will no doubt be downing a fine bottle of Chateau Guiraud ' with the Grand Master this weekend before he returns to his desk on monday afternoon to fill in his expenses chitty.
Scotland Yard are bullet proof,one more f*ck up conspiracy for the internet nutters to dribble over,he doesn't care about that.
Andy,no doubt,is looking forward to being that important.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Thu 20 Feb - 21:32

I'm starting to become really pissed off now! I'm reading all this as a kind
of 'horse trading' exercise between two police forces from two sovereign
European nations. BOTH know what the likely truth is, both know who
the true culprits are, but IMO I believe that they are negotiating on terms
regarding an aftermath of arrest and conviction!
This has become diplomatic and its holding up prosecution. The Brits want
a quite and lack-lustre kind of resolution, whereas the Portuguese seek a no-holes
barred open and truthful vindication.
I really do believe, more so now, that both police forces know the
complete and true facts of the case and culprits involved, but it now hangs
on the effect and consequence of prosecution/conviction.
Thats a shot in the arm for doubters.....
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 20 Feb - 23:16

According to Friday's front page of the Express: "Madeleine British police have names of new suspects". New?? Does this mean tractorman and the three burglars have been cleared?
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Fri 21 Feb - 2:16

interested wrote:
pennylane wrote:

The 'Balloonatic' dosen't have to read ANY files/documents, does he?

The McCanns have TOLD him, like they TOLD all their supporter/witnesses, Madeleine WAS 'abducted' and that's good enough for him and that's all he needs to KNOW about the Madeleine 'disappearance' case!

Read files?

Bah Humbug!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down