Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences

+2
Lioned
malena stool
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences Empty Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences

Post  Panda Mon 10 Mar - 11:56

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10687211/Nigel-Evans-to-stand-trial-for-sex-offences.html

It will be interesting to know exactly what 'sexual offences' committed 12 years ago with an adult are. Nigel Evans was a very hard working MP and was a rising star.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences Empty Re: Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences

Post  Guest Mon 10 Mar - 12:02

The article doesn't define what's meant by indecent assault but the other charges include rape and touching without consent.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences Empty Re: Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences

Post  Panda Mon 10 Mar - 12:20

Not Born Yesterday wrote:The article doesn't define what's meant by indecent assault but the other charges include rape and touching without consent.

Hi NBY, I am truly sick of all these SY cases dug up , yet not a word about progress or charges relating to the young boys in the children's homes in North Wales. Those poor souls had no one to turn to yet not one case pending. The 'rape charge' may turn out to be like a lot of the cases the CPS has declared 'not guilty or insufficient evidence.'

SY has lost it's reputation and what with their investigation in Portugal , all this obsession with Celebrities (only because no one sussed out dirty old man
Jimmy Savile) they are costing the Taxpayer a fortune.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 10 Mar - 15:45

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 10 Mar - 16:15

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-26518718

Report from today's hearing.

Thanks NBY, we shall see what his Defence come up with , With all this sleaze in the Press the Leveson Inquiry was a waste of money
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 10 Mar - 20:21

sounds like a bitch fest.  Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences 25346 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 12 Mar - 1:32

http://news.sky.com/story/1224135/nigel-evans-man-wanted-to-punch-mp

The guy wanted to punch Evans for trying to put his hand down the back of the his trousers....why didn't he???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences Empty Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences

Post  katertaif Wed 12 Mar - 23:02

This is yet another "right honourable" member of parliament. These people set themselves over us and claim to know what is best for us. I know what is best for him, unfortunately we no longer have it.

They really are conning us. At PMQ's today apart from behaving like a bunch of maladjusted schoolchildren a Labour MP queried the obscene amounts of money bankers get, while "ordinary people" (you know those of us who don't break the law) are seeing an effective wages freeze. I noticed at the time he forgot to mention the forthcoming inflation busting increase for "honourable" and "right honourable" MP's. That of course wouldn't have suited his book at all.

Then we have the ever more creative expense claims and the scandal of the "right honourable" members who rent an apartment from another equally venal MP, so that both can get their hands on taxpayers money
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 13 Mar - 1:07

Your'e right katertaif, Britain has one of the worst voting records for General Elections in the World...45% bothered to vote last time, I should imagine it will be even lower next year.

I think I was 11 yrs old when a Man sat next to me on s Bus in the front seat downstairs .  and started to move my raincoat back . I jumped up and in a squeaky little voice said 'You'd better watch what your'e doing'. He got up and literally ran off the Bus. The Bus was empty apart from 3 Women on the long seats and I heard one say,' I thought it was strange that man sitting next to that little girl when the Bus is almost empty.'

I am sick of all these sexual allegations , if the guy wanted to punch Nigel Evans for trying to put his hand down his trousers, why didn't he????Why didn't he report it at the time?  

It's the same as all these Celebrity cases, why didn't the girls protest at the time???  At 15 yrs of age a girl was promised a chance to be a model or potential Film Star, she was willing to do what was asked. SY must have spent another £5 million on this investigation .

Young boys in orphanages had no one to turn to , they are the ones i feel sorry for.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences Empty Nigel Evans

Post  katertaif Thu 13 Mar - 10:34

Good morning Panda

Our voting record is poor exactly because of the actions of these so called honourable people who have set themselves as mentors of our morals while being totally amoral themselves. Nor, even when caught out, will they do the honourable thing and resign unless it is actually forced on them.

Periodically the subject of the poor voting figures is discussed. now if you can see why and I can see why they must be able to as well. Yet they waffle on about this and that, and Europe, and point to other countries where the voters stay away. Not one has the nerve to speak out and tell the truth.

I also wonder about the sheer numbers of those in parliament who have been caught up in one scandal or another. It seems the desire to go into public life goes hand in hand with venality and dishonesty. There is an old adage, The wish to enter politics should automatically debar that person from doing so.

If you at the age of 11 could stand up and tell someone to stop it, why can't others? not 30 or 40 years later when to me at least some of it sounds like a compensation claim. We also have to remember that vulnerable boys are also targeted by perverts. if our laws actually punished as well as tried to rehabilitate, I strongly believe we would see far less of it.

Some years ago, a pair of young thugs on the Isle of Man mugged an elderly gentleman, they were caught and quite rightly birched. there was an outcry from the do gooder's and the bleeding hearts. A newspaper reporter got to one of them, and asked him if he would ever do that again. His reply was "Not on the Isle of Man" so out of his own mouth he condemned the laxity of law which offers little or no punishment.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 13 Mar - 14:11

katertaif wrote:Good morning Panda

Our voting record is poor exactly because of the actions of these so called honourable people who have set themselves as mentors of our morals while being totally amoral themselves. Nor, even when caught out, will they do the honourable thing and resign unless it is actually forced on them.

Periodically the subject of the poor voting figures is discussed. now if you can see why and I can see why they must be able to as well. Yet they waffle on about this and that, and Europe, and point to other countries where the voters stay away. Not one has the nerve to speak out and tell the truth.

I also wonder about the sheer numbers of those in parliament who have been caught up in one scandal or another. It seems the desire to go into public life goes hand in hand with venality and dishonesty. There is an old adage, The wish to enter politics should automatically debar that person from doing so.

If you at the age of 11 could stand up and tell someone to stop it, why can't others? not 30 or 40 years later when to me at least some of it sounds like a compensation claim. We also have to remember that vulnerable boys are also targeted by perverts. if our laws actually punished as well as tried to rehabilitate, I strongly believe we would see far less of it.

Some years ago, a pair of young thugs on the Isle of Man mugged an elderly gentleman, they were caught and quite rightly birched. there was an outcry from the do gooder's and the bleeding hearts. A newspaper reporter got to one of them, and asked him if he would ever do that again. His reply was "Not on the Isle of Man" so out of his own mouth he condemned the laxity of law which offers little or no punishment.

Afternoon katertaif,

I was just reading the charges against Nigel Evans and this was one of the cases, this Guy reckoned that Nigel had been making advances toward him and told a friend:-

'The friend advised him to "punch him or leave" and told him to go to the loft as Mr Evans would be too drunk to get up the stairs.

The jury was told the man returned to the bedroom where he and Mr Evans went to sleep.

He claims he woke up a couple of hours later when he was being raped on the bed, the jury heard.'

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT !!!!!

CPS vets cases and decides whether they should go to Trial......would you have passed this one?? It is supposed to be innocent until proved guilty, with all the adverse publicity these cases are getting the accused is guilty in people's minds .

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Thu 13 Mar - 15:09

Right Panda

Under our laws people are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. In essence trial by media is not only wrong, it's gutter journalism. The problem is that these so called upper echelon beings (allegedly superior to you and me) have been for some time involved in scandal after scandal that people are prepared to believe the worst of them. Just when we think they could sink no lower in the public estimation they do. It isn't only MP's, it's the supposed to be intelligentsia and posh generally. So while I agree with you entirely in your sentiments, It is perfectly understandable given the background to it all.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 13 Mar - 16:11

katertaif wrote:Right Panda

Under our laws people are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. In essence trial by media is not only wrong, it's gutter journalism. The problem is that these so called upper echelon beings (allegedly superior to you and me) have been for some time involved in scandal after scandal that people are prepared to believe the worst of them. Just when we think they could sink no lower in the public estimation they do. It isn't only MP's, it's the supposed to be intelligentsia and posh generally. So while I agree with you entirely in your sentiments, It is perfectly understandable given the background to it all.

Hi katerraif, , the problem is these Sex cases are given front page exposure.... Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences 40481 , sorry about that......and the public doesn't get the full story until the Trial . This guy is telling his friend that he was nervous about Nigel Evans, the Friend tells him to sleep in the loft, what does he do,sleep in the bed !!!
Look at the difference in this Trial and Rebekah Brooks, she is protected from any real embarassment but small time Nigel , who was an MP is not spared.

Your'e right we Brits thrive on scandal and sex and our TV reflects this. Mary Whithouse must be turning in her grave the way T.V. has morphed ,I bought a large screen multi channel T.V. and was quite surprised to see it has 'Adult' channels and wonder whether children have access to them.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences Empty Nigel Evans trial

Post  katertaif Thu 13 Mar - 21:15

Hi Panda

As you say the Brits especially seem to thrive on scandal having said that our "upper classes" provide plenty of it for us to thrive on. As you say, this guy in effect put himself in harms way after a demonstration that Evans was er interested. so it could be said that he is as bad if not actually worse.

I believe that the numbers involved within the ranks of 654 MP's is higher than the normal per capita rate, and whether this is some sort of accompaniment to them going into politics in the first place I wouldn't like to say.

As far a Rebekah Brooks is concerned, I haven't really studied it in any great extent, due to lack of interest, but I would personally say that despite her protestations of innocence she could not have filled her job in any effective way, unless she knew what was going on, and at least tacitly sanctioned it. That she is apparently a close friend of our Middle East peace envoy is absolutely no recommendation of innocence either.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 13 Mar - 22:47

Evemimg katertaif

The Leveson enquiry achieved nothing although a lot of time and money was spent on it. When the phone tapping , especially the Milly Dowler case angered the Population Murdoch decided to protect Rebekah by giving her £1 million golden handshake, a Car and years rental on an office. I think she has been charged on 4 counts, I don't think she can escape 'perverting the course of justice' , nor paying Police Officers but with the best Lawyer I'm sure she will not do much time.

In the 'old days'people trusted each other , neighbours were friendly and helpful . Education ensured reading , writing and arithmetic were the most importannt subjects, respect for Teachers was the norm , drugs were unheard of and drink was mostly in moderation, no drinks were served in the Dancehalls, the boys had their hand stamped and went across to the pub for a pint. Vandalism was unheard of.I don't know where we go from here to be honest. I thought 'Occupy Wall Street' was a good sign, but sadly too many greedy people made sure it would not go far.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Thu 13 Mar - 23:02

Hi Panda

Where we go from here is debatable. The pendulum has swung far too far towards protecting the criminal, while leaving potential victims vulnerable. On the other hand I believe that DNA analysis has advanced to the point where "mistakes" don't happen any more. I personally believe that corporal and capital punishment must be brought back in. The prisons are getting fuller by the day. Rehabilitation doesn't work and we need a strong incentive for people to stay on "the straight and narrow"

I don't advocate the death penalty for all found guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt" but there are many examples where guilt is beyond all doubt and surely the extreme penalty can be meted out there.

When I was in South Africa they had two forms of corporal punishment, the light cane and the heavy cane. The one drew blood, and the other put you in hospital. As a reserve police officer I saw a few go down for a dose of the light cane, I never saw one come back for a dose of the heavy It works and they can mess about with the statistics until the cows come home that fact will not change.

As a starter we can do away with the open prison system. That isn't punishment, as an ex liberal MP found recently it just gave him peace and quiet to write the inevitable book.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 13 Mar - 23:45

Hi katertaif, presume you are back in the U.K and you must have noticed so many changes. I lived in Jersey for 23 yrs and saw tremendous changes . some for the good, but most for the bad. We have a Country where we have let immigration mushroom while the indigenous population can't get jobs,Single Mothers who get pregnant at 16/17 yrs of age and are given new 2 bedroom houses and live on Benefits, yet older people who need 2 bedrooms for health reasons or maybe want a Relative to visit have just been taxed for the second Bedroom. Low Education standards, Law and Order a thing of the past. A Government ill equipped to turn around what's happening to Britain

A Border Agency which has lost track of so many illegals ,yet still the Government will not do as Australia has done, refuse entry unless they have a job to go to. Politicians just don't care any more . Cameron is putting on a big show meeting all these Leaders but Britain has no standing in the World today , even America has been overtaken by other Countries in leadership .

The sooner we get out of the EU the better, right Job's Comforter aren't I  Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences 294124 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Fri 14 Mar - 9:25

good morning Panda

A job's comforter you may be, but you are right. Successive governments have told us how good immigration is for us. I can only assume mathematics is not their strong suit. +1 job for an immigrant has to, no matter how you look at it equal - 1 job for a Brit. Then they claim that Brits haven't got he skill or the ability well whose fault is that? Blair with his idiotic everyone o to university nonsense, or is it successive governments who cut the training budgets at every opportunity, and having worked in training for some years both here and abroad, I know that is a fact.

How can immigration be good? from the EU citizens flooding in to get a slice of the golden goose, to the Asians gradually but very steadily Islamifying this once green and pleasant land. Then we have another aspect. 10 years in Africa taught me the various tribes hate each other and this accounts for the eternal internecine wars (whatever spin they try to put on it) yet our governments in their wisdom have allowed all and sundry in. So street gangs have replaced tribal warfare in our major cities. (soon to be their major cities) again the golden goose is gradually being killed.

katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 14 Mar - 18:00

I agree with you but suggest we start a new thread on the matter and confine this thread to it's topic Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences 25346 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Fri 14 Mar - 22:04

Sorry Panda, I stand corrected.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 15 Mar - 6:46

Hi katertail, my very first job was as a trainee Filing Clerk  in quite a large Company, taught me how to file in the right place. Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences 25346 

Which is why I get Bolshie about threads losing their topic, particularly the Ukraine one because what is happening there is ongoing and interesting. Of course there are threads which have morphed into another topic but were exhausted anyway.

The very first Forum I joined was Anorak, I really enjoyed it there until one of the Members got 'promoted' to Moderator, everything I posted she put 'in moderation' because i had not specified the source. I didn't know what that meant . Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences 23324 

Anyway, I got fed up with being 'moderated' and left, but several other Members did as well because she was too nit-picking.

==================================

Right, back on topic, judging by the evidence so far, these charges are pretty tame and as with all these accusations, why didn't these adult males complain at the time??? Nigel Evans has lost his job, his character,the Press have had a field day and from what I have read there is not a lot of substance to the accusations.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 20 Mar - 16:19

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Thu 20 Mar - 21:19

Hi Panda

It is beginning to sound less and less credible. While it seems that Evans is gay, that is not the issue. Those days of  stigma have gone. This young man however. From his own mouth he condemns himself, he did nothing to tell Evans by word or deed to leave him alone. That he wasn't that way inclined, or if he was he didn't fancy Evans.

It seems the only question is whether  or not he was raped. Even assuming he was it would seem to be that he did bring it on himself. At least he carries some of the responsibility by his own actions.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 21 Mar - 7:35

Morning katertaif

I reported on another thread here that this guy had told a friend that Evans has made a pass at him. The Friend said he could sleep in the loft in Evans home if he was worried and not go into the bedroom ....says it all.!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 31 Mar - 16:35

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next