Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences

+2
Lioned
malena stool
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences

Post  Guest Thu 10 Apr - 15:57

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences

Post  Panda Thu 10 Apr - 16:14

Hi NBY, I have just switched on sky, as the decision was read out and each charge dropped , Nigel was crying . A lot of his friends were with him and supported him all the way, even Parliament did not believe the allegations. the CPS is being censured for bringing so many cases of Celebrities to Court.

This Man's life and career has been ruined as have so many Celebrities, I hope the CPS is thoroughly investigated and heads roll for this.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 10 Apr - 16:27

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10755100/Nigel-Evans-is-cleared-of-sex-offences.html

Lembit Opek being interviewed says he was a Witness for the prosecution but never understood why. He thinks these suspects should remain anonymous and the CPS be thoroughly investigated on how they decide to prosecute charges , SY for bringing them and the cost so far is in the hundreds and thousands.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 13 Apr - 8:55

http://news.sky.com/story/1241652/nigel-evans-defence-cost-130k-life-savings

I think the CPS should reimburse him, they were responsible for him losing his job ,
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 13 Apr - 9:14

I don't think he should be reimbursed .

He earns enough money.

People like me or you wouldn't be reimbursed.

After all, who's going to pay for the reimbursement....guess who.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 13 Apr - 9:24

kitti wrote:I don't think he should be reimbursed .

He earns enough money.

People like me or you wouldn't be reimbursed.

After all, who's going to pay for the reimbursement....guess who.

How can he earn money kitti....he has lost his job.????

The Woman who runs the CPS has been warned by the previous Head of CPS to stop being so zealous and examine the evidence carefully , several of those taken to Court have won. Now the deceased Cyril Smith is to be investigated.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Nigel Evans to stand trial for sex offences - Page 2 Empty Nigel Evans

Post  katertaif Sun 13 Apr - 10:23

Good morning kitti

I agree with you that to reimburse him from the public purse. (our pockets) would not be right. We did nothing collectively so why should we pay for it?

Under normal circumstances, as you say, we wouldn't be reimbursed.

It should also be taken into consideration that to a degree at least he put himself in the position of being accused in this way. I
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 13 Apr - 11:00

Yes, Nigel Evans was indiscreet in the MP's Bar, yes, at times he had too much to drink, but shouldn't he have been afforded a ban on reporting until the case was closed. There have been several MP's over the years Cyril Smith the worst offender , Tony Blair ordered a D Notice on the reporting by the Sunday Herald on homosexuality of Politicians.

In any public "trial" the Defendant can normally claim damages if found innocent, but the CPS is immune.??? I do feel sorry for him, he was well liked in his Constituency, competent , Deputy Speaker ......lost the lot , including his character and money because of a zealous CPPS Woman.

Harriet Harman thinks the Commons Bar , being FREE , visitors allowed , should be closed down.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sun 13 Apr - 11:22

Good Morning Panda

Exactly so, the very reasons he is not entitled to reimbursement. He was as you put it indiscreet. he had too much to drink at times, as you say in the members bar, where we pay a hefty subsidy for them to get potted up.

These are high profile public figures - by choice - their own choice at that. if they wish to be in the public eye as often as possible, they should behave as such.

At the very least, - the very least, they are not fit to represent anyone in parliament, but they do. They want to be in the public eye, so if they then choose to behave less than blamelessly, they should not be surprised when this sort of thing happens.

We are at the stage, the public I mean, where we believe anything of them, anything but them doing the right, and honourable thing that is. Who is responsible for that sad state? Are you? Am I? No they have done it to themselves, and if one now has to pay the piper undeservedly, he can blame his colleagues. the ones he has shouted at for behaving like spoilt brats so often.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 13 Apr - 12:06

Morning katertief,

If there was to be a cull on all the Politicians guilty of misbehaviour there wouldn't be many to Govern the Country. Tony Blair must take a lot of the blame for the lack of standards, in 13 years he managed to give Politics a bad name and apathy among voters ensures it will not get any better.

I do feel sorry for Nigel Evans, as do many Politicians and when you read what Cyril Smith was up to, yet never prosecuted , you will feel sympathy for him too. Maybe Nigel will approach his Constituents to ask for their view if he stands as an Independent.

The public don't trust Politicians anymore and many will not vote which means more of the same for I'm afraid with no one party having a majority and a few extremists being elected
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sun 13 Apr - 14:57

Hi Panda

Blair must indeed take his share of the blame but that doesn't mean the rest of them have to follow suit. I would be happier if there were fewer of them (as Cameron pledged) if I could be sure they were honest, and not intent on picking my pocket every opportunity they got.

They are our elected representatives, sent to parliament to represent us, not to enrich themselves. If the job doesn't pay enough, why are there so many candidates for every seat?

If they as a class are indeed representative of us, the people who put them there, then we ourselves must be mostly dishonest. Since that is not true, logic dictates that as a class MP's are unworthy of the trust we have placed in them.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 13 Apr - 15:43

katertaif wrote:Hi Panda

Blair must indeed take his share of the blame but that doesn't mean the rest of them have to follow suit. I would be happier if there were fewer of them (as Cameron pledged) if I could be sure they were honest, and not intent on picking my pocket every opportunity they got.

They are our elected representatives, sent to parliament to represent us, not to enrich themselves. If the job doesn't pay enough, why are there so many candidates for every seat?

If they as a class are indeed representative of us, the people who put them there, then we ourselves must be mostly dishonest. Since that is not true, logic dictates that as a class MP's are unworthy of the trust we have placed in them.

Hi katertaif, Britain has one of the worst records for voting at General Elections, only 45 %!!! Many poor African Countries do better than that. The problem is , we don't have much of a choice do we, no one with leadership qualities who cares for the people he/she serves. Too much Political intrigue , just recently the case against the Chairman of the Co-op it was revealed he made hefty donations to the Labour Party. Not too long ago the Conservatives were accused of taking donations from exiled Brits. We have reached the stage where Politicians do not even trouble to knock your door and tell you what they stand for, a leaflet through the letterbox is all you get. Why not organise local debates in a Village Hall or similar and get all the Parties to attend.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Mon 14 Apr - 7:39

Good morning Panda

While it is true as you say that many African countries have better voting attendance than us there are reasons or that, Their leaders are as corrupt as any you will find anywhere. The people however, as in Australia are made to vote. That is one of the reasons they dip a thumb or finger in a brightly coloured dye. It shows the authorities at a glance who's voted and who hasn't. Political awareness plays little or no part, since in many cases the people are not completely "in the picture" anyway

In Nigeria for example just as in Saudi Arabia the news was simply full of the doings of the governor of the province. While I was there. the governor was chucked out and another one appointed. All that happened the next day in the so called news was the name changed. No other mention was made of it.

In Britain we are more aware, and it is the corrupt actions of our leaders responsible for the disconnection between us and them. You see it in every poll. Most people are at best apathetic believing they are all as bad as one another.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 14 Apr - 8:05

Morning katertaif

I understand what you are saying, but Britain is supposed to be a Democracy .......is it???

Time was when voters made the effort to go to their Polling stations, not any more , in fact you can vote through the internet, yet more evidence of the rift between the Public and politicians.

Have you noticed the Politicians gearing up for the Election? It's pathetic.!!!

The Minister for health arranging to have Doctors Surgeries open longer to to accommodate those who work all day. Also, online advice to save travelling to the Surgery.

The Education Minister appalled that 15 schools have been taken over by Muslims, didn't he notice before , I did.!!!

The public to have a new independent Person to deal with complaints against the Health Service.

No doubt the Tories will come up with a few more sweeteners before the Election. Labour has no MP of stature , or a Policy to speak of so it will be another hung Parliament.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Mon 14 Apr - 8:50

Hi Panda

Britain is not a democracy, and never has been. It is in theory of course. A theory that is wholeheartedly endorsed by the political class, as a tool to keep us quiet. It gives a feeling of security that we are in fact in charge, but are we in truth? No is the short answer.

You mention 15 schools taken over by in effect Salafist Muslims. That's only the 15 we know about. There are others where the take over is at various stages of completion. The bill for it all, and for the literature being handed out at these schools, all paid for by our so called pals the Saudis.

The truth is this kind of subversion will always win in a pseudo free and democratic society such as this one. The people are kept in check, while the extremists carry on. We are told that this is enriching us but in truth all it has done is take us from a first world country as we were a bare 60 years ago, just picking ourselves up after another ruinous 5 years of war, to the absolute second world country we are now, verging on third world. Indeed by some yardsticks we are already third world.

Incidentally, and off topic have you noticed that no other country involved in the 1939 - 1945 conflict has suffered as badly as us? from it. Indeed, Germany and Japan are both doing very nicely thank you very much.

We are under attack from a number of sides, not least from our own incompetent, inept, and greedy politicians. I shudder to think of what the next 20 years will bring. We'll either be praying 5 times a day and all day Friday, or smelling out witches on every corner.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 14 Apr - 9:47

Morning katertaif,

The problem is there is no rioting in the Streets no public reaction at all in fact to the way Britain is being governed. It is frightening too the 'modern' way of living where anything goes, The recent floods which decimated parts of the Country and ruined many Homes and Farmland proved how inadequate the Government were and many of those affected were furious at the Government.

Today, you have to have money to campaign which is why there is a dearth of new Candidates with fresh ideas , more's the pity.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 14 Apr - 10:15

If he gets reimbursed it will open the floodgates for everyone that is found 'not guilty' to have their legal fees reimbursed ...no way...and I only mean celebs too.

Now we look at Barry George who was wrongly convicted off murder and was in prison for 7 years ...yet didn't get a penny in compensation..

MP's are greedy and it has now proved it by HIM asking for money....it had to be an MP who is asking ...the celebs haven't.....not yet anyway...so NO...

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 14 Apr - 10:27

I would like to go to an A & E and be seen by a doctor within 5 mins instead off screaming in pain for 8 hours and it going on deaf ears so do you think i feel sorry for him....

I think HE should when he's Ill go to an A & E near him instead off going to his BUPA hospital , sit there in pain for 8 hours thinking your going to die and no doctor or nurse taking notice off you THEN thank god he can afford BUPA...at the moment anyway .....do i feel sorry for him....

Does HE feel sorry for me.....doubt it.

I save my sympathy for the poor boy who was screaming in agony in A & E last week and his mother crying and his father in tears begging for someone to do something for him only to be ignored and told to 'wait his turn'....for children starving to death...for children being abused physically and sexually day in and day out, for animals being abused daily and living miserable lives....so do I feel sorry for him....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 14 Apr - 10:31

[quote="kitti"]If he gets reimbursed it will open the floodgates for everyone that is  found 'not guilty' to have their legal fees reimbursed ...no way...and I only mean celebs too.

Now we look at Barry George who was wrongly convicted off murder and was in prison for 7 years ...yet didn't get a penny in compensation..

MP's are greedy and it has now proved it by HIM asking for money....it had to be an MP who is asking ...the celebs haven't.....not yet anyway...so NO...

Hi kitti, the difference is, none of the celebs lost their jobs, Nigel did. had the zealot Woman looked into the case properly he probably wouldn't have been charged, because the evidence against him was very flimsy. Why should MPs have a free Bar as well as all their other perks????

Now Cyril Smith is to be investigated, the Police have truly hit rock bottom . The Man died years ago, was apparently responsible for abusing many young boys, will they want to be reminded of their ordeal???

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 14 Apr - 11:05

Panda wrote:
kitti wrote:If he gets reimbursed it will open the floodgates for everyone that is  found 'not guilty' to have their legal fees reimbursed ...no way...and I only mean celebs too.

Hi kitti, the difference is, none of the celebs lost their jobs, Nigel did. had the zealot Woman  looked into the case properly he probably wouldn't have been charged, because the evidence against him was very flimsy.  Why should MPs have a free Bar as well as all their other perks????

Now Cyril Smith is to be investigated, the Police have truly hit rock bottom . The Man died years ago, was apparently responsible for abusing many young boys, will they want to be reminded of their ordeal???

Who knows other than the boys themselves Panda?
But Smith should be remembered for the disgusting piece of subhuman trash that he was, despite being his being titled.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 14 Apr - 12:34

Hi malena ,

It's impossible to guess just how much money SY and the CPS have wasted on this Witchhunt . What upsets me though is the Police investigating   the Children's Home in North Wales where so many boys had been sexually abused . Not one single arrest, although there were witnesses willing to testify.

Ah, but these were Celebrity cases where the female Prosecutor relished their downfall. I think the Lord  she succeeded as head if the CPS has questioned her  ability saying the CPS must be confident that the evidence they have will bring a conviction.

As far as I recall the evidence against Nigel was that he tried to put his hand down the back of the trousers of someone and he made sexual advances at another young man both in the free bar where Evans got p***ed the MPs and friends enjoy.!!. This young man told a friend who suggested he stay away from Evans and sleep in the Loft. The young man slept in Evans bed with him later voluntarily. , so what kind of evidence was that???

When the Country is broke why is so much wasted by Scotland Yard, not counting the McCann Case of course.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Mon 14 Apr - 12:43

Good morning kitti

I agree with you entirely. Normal people do not get reimbursed, so why should he?

Some years ago, we rented our house out to a young married couple of two children who had no pets. They even said they were a bit strapped for the security bond, and my wife and I agreed to reduce it by 50%. That it turns out was all part of the scam to make us think they were genuine. The "husband" was borrowed for the night, and she never paid a penny in security bond or rent. At every stage there was a completely plausible excuse.

She turned out to be a single mother of 3, and owned a Rottweiler to boot. It cost us over £500 to get her evicted, she even got Middlesbrough council to write and tell us they took a dim view of us harassing her. After the court case, which she didn't attend. (We found out later she was pitching the same tale she spun to us to the next victim at the time) She had also obtained Thousands in goods from catalogues in my wife's name.

She left after causing almost £4,000 worth of damage to be put right. I went to my solicitor to see what redress we had.In a word NONE.

The children served as a shield to keep her out of jail for the fraud, and by the same token she would pay no fines that may have been levied. The question was how far were we prepared to go and the solicitor made it plain we would win all down the line, and not see a penny back. Quit while you are ahead, and we'll fight to get  your wife's credit rating back.

Many of us cannot afford to go to court because of the staggering amounts of money it costs these days. So why should our friend be reimbursed when "ordinary folk" are not? he's been acquitted, and left court without a stain on his character albeit a great deal poorer. remembering also that he himself put himself in harms way, I have no great sympathy. If he had actually spent time in jail for something he had not done,, I could agree. Since he did not, he has simply fallen foul of the legal system many of his colleagues were involved in before they became MP's. This by the way being the same Nigel Evans who once claimed he could not survive on £64,000 a year and needed a second income. I wonder how many food banks there are in his constituency.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 14 Apr - 12:49

HE himself put himself in a position or compromised himself in the first place and as I said......I put him in bottom position as far as sympathy is concerned...lost his job.....he can go to the job centre along with the other 2m and find out himself what it's like to be demoralised day in and day out and take one off the jobs that the mp's keep harking on about for LESS than the min wage...see how he likes it.....scrimping and scrapping each week to put cheap food in his mouth and don't worry, he will get another job, his old mates will find him a 'position' somewhere I'm sure off it.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 14 Apr - 12:54

I don't believe in going through the courts to evict someone from your own property.

You could off borrowed my son, women or no women, she along with her kids and clothes would off been out on the street within the hour lol, she didn't care about you so why care about her....it's your property, kick the door in and get her out.

Perhaps most people don't believe in my strategy....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Mon 14 Apr - 13:25

kitti wrote:HE himself put  himself in a position or compromised himself in the first place and as I said......I put him in bottom position as far as sympathy is concerned...lost his job.....he can go to the job centre along with the other 2m and find out himself what it's like to be demoralised day in and day out and take one off the jobs that the mp's keep harking on about for LESS than the min wage...see how he likes it.....scrimping and scrapping each week to put cheap food in his mouth and don't worry, he will get another job, his old mates will find him a 'position' somewhere I'm sure off it.

I can only agree with you kitti. As you say his pals whose criminal activities have not yet been discovered will see to his well being. In that respect if no other, he's far better off than any of us would be. I wonder how many food banks there are in that constituency. I wonder how many of them have maybe lost homes through no fault of their own. he as you say put himself in that position.

His personal life I couldn't care less about but when it reacts on his public life it is a requirement that he be careful. If he wants to be less than discreet in his subsidised drinking for example (subsidised by us and that is a scam in itself) then he must expect to pay for it.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next