Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims

+7
Lioned
Badboy
malena stool
kitti
chrissie
AnnaEsse
mara thon
11 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 Empty Re: Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims

Post  Panda Fri 4 Apr - 16:51

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 Empty Re: Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims

Post  malena stool Fri 4 Apr - 17:03

As I commented in an earlier post Panda, virtually every MP in the house is tainted by the expenses scandal. They consider themselves untouchable, and above the very laws they help formulate.

It really is time for this nation to be representd by a party which is transparent in its moral and ethical practices. If any one of us on this forum had stolen from his employer we would be out of a job... These ingrates have been stealing from us since God knows when. They were caught red handed yet still walk away.

. Former MP Denis MacShane was jailed for six months for expenses fraud after admitting submitting 19 fake receipts amounting to £12,900.
MacShane was a Labour MP for 18 years and served as Europe minister under Tony Blair between 2002 and 2005.

. Lord Taylor of Warwick, a Conservative peer, was also been charged with alleged fraud for claiming at least £180,000 in expenses. He was sentenced on 7 January 2011 to an 18-month jail sentence.

. Ex-Labour MP Jim Devine sentenced to 16 months in prison for expenses fraud was been released from prison after serving just a quarter of his 18-month sentence.

. David Chaytor spent four and a half months behind bars after admitting he fiddled his expenses to falsely claim more than £22,000 of taxpayers' money,the ex-Labour MP for Bury North was freed from Spring Hill open prison, under the home detention curfew scheme.

. MP Elliot Morley was freed after serving a quarter of his 16-month sentence for fiddling his parliamentary expenses.

. In January 2009, Harriet Harman, tabled a motion which would exempt MPs' expenses from being disclosed under a Freedom of Information request, in order to prevent any further disclosure of information.

Now it seems it is all beginning again... They are like malignant growth on our society.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 4 Apr - 17:16

I agree malena, but who among this motley crew is going to get elected with enough majority to change things?. Cameron wont, the Chancellor of the Exchequer wont , nobody in the Labour Party cares enough so that's it . Occupy Wall Street I thought at one time would grow but they were snuffed out by the Financial Industry , so are we hoping for a Saviour to come along and clean up Parliament?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 4 Apr - 17:41

Malena where are we going to get a party that is not tainted? If we had one we would all vote for it. Anyway it is not about a party really, it is about people. We need decent people, whatever the party. Hard to find in positions of power!
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 4 Apr - 19:58

Hi Panda, fuzeta,
Unfortunately politicians with the strength of character and honesty needed to turn this country around are few and far between. The likes of LLoyd George, Churchill, Attlee, Wilson and Callaghan were a product of their time, real men with real Gonads.

Our recent and present batches of 'Honourable Members'..... I believe their actions every televised Prime Minister's Question Time speaks volumes.....

Toys, dummies and fraudulent expenses claim forms all over the house..
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 4 Apr - 20:13

The first three I agree with malena but I will have to pass on Wilson and Callaghan  Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 294124 
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 4 Apr - 20:18

fuzeta wrote:The first three I agree with malena but I will have to pass on Wilson and Callaghan  Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 294124 
Three out of five ain't bad fuzeta... Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 294124 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 Empty Maria Miller

Post  katertaif Fri 4 Apr - 20:26

Panda wrote:
fuzeta wrote:All of  them are at it, whatever their party.  Years ago they used to be able to claim obvious expenses but never on a scale like this.  When did this claiming expenses on a grand scale start?  It smells of the Blair years to me.

Yes fuzeta, Blair had 13 years to destroy all the ethics Government should have , did we know what spin was until he employed a spin Doctor? As soon as he was in power he dismissed the daily briefings new MP's have with the Civil Servants , did you ever watch Yes Minister?? It was hilarious . He made
Mandelson a Lord when Mandelson had been caught out in expenses fraud. Twice Blair was supposed to go before Parliament for lying but he never did.

Blair certainly had 13 years and in that time he did his level best to reduce parliament to a global laughing stock. In Addition he lied to parliament, deliberately and knowingly. That is or was treason, a crime which strangely enough Blair had removed from the statue books.

however I can't agree that he destroyed all government ethics. Each individual MP did that for themselves. They are the ones without moral scruples. Blair is as bad or worse than any of them, but they are just as culpable not to mention greedy beyond measure.

It was in fact Lady Thatcher who opened the doors to unchecked expenses claims. She did that in lieu of an increase in salary. I don't think she realised at the time how venal they were, or I believe she would not have done it. I honestly do not think she knew how twisted and greedy they are.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 4 Apr - 20:32

Yes Katertaif every person has a choice, it is not about party. Margaret Thatcher was a frugal woman and she would not have imagined the greed of people as you say.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 4 Apr - 20:49

katertaif wrote:
Panda wrote:
fuzeta wrote:All of  them are at it, whatever their party.  Years ago they used to be able to claim obvious expenses but never on a scale like this.  When did this claiming expenses on a grand scale start?  It smells of the Blair years to me.

Yes fuzeta, Blair had 13 years to destroy all the ethics Government should have , did we know what spin was until he employed a spin Doctor? As soon as he was in power he dismissed the daily briefings new MP's have with the Civil Servants , did you ever watch Yes Minister?? It was hilarious . He made
Mandelson a Lord when Mandelson had been caught out in expenses fraud. Twice Blair was supposed to go before Parliament for lying but he never did.

Blair certainly had 13 years and in that time he did his level best to reduce parliament to a global laughing stock. In Addition he lied to parliament, deliberately and knowingly. That is or was treason, a crime which strangely enough Blair had removed from the statue books.

however I can't agree that he destroyed all government ethics. Each individual MP did that for themselves. They are the ones without moral scruples. Blair is as bad or worse than any of them, but they are just as culpable not to mention greedy beyond measure.

It was in fact Lady Thatcher who opened the doors to unchecked expenses claims. She did that in lieu of an increase in salary. I don't think she realised at the time how venal they were, or I believe she would not have done it. I honestly do not think she knew how twisted and greedy they are.

Margaret Thatcher did not even claim all her allowances .I know she wasn't popular with a lot of people , but I had a lot of respect for her and think she was a true Stateswoman respected by all the Leaders.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 4 Apr - 21:21

She was very popular with me Panda and still is  Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 25346 
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 Empty Maria Miller

Post  katertaif Fri 4 Apr - 21:54

fuzeta wrote:She was very popular with me Panda and still is  Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 25346 

Yes fuzeta, and with me. She can't by any stretch of the imagination take all the flak for the miners strike. Scargill was just as determined to bring the government down (A very democratic man obviously) Pits do work out. Scargill was very fond of telling us that Britain has among the greatest reserves of deep mine coal in the world, so why on earth were we importing it?

What he didn't tell us perhaps because he didn't know himself, or perhaps it was a deliberate lie was two things. This was deep mine coal, and I worked underground on a gold mine in S. Africa. not coal I agree, but the general principles are the same and the deeper you go, the more dangerous it gets and consequently more expensive to mine. Even more than that is that this deep mine coal is so contaminated  with sulphur as to be unusable even if it was cheap and safe.

I accept that towards the end, she was getting a little too autocratic. Maybe it was her time to go after 18 years, but the way her so called colleagues did it was disgraceful. To reward the woman who led them to three election wins like that was utterly contemptible
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 4 Apr - 21:57

fuzeta wrote:She was very popular with me Panda and still is  Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 25346 

Fuzeta, your'e the only one who likes her , at least on this Forum, glad we think alike. Mrs Thatcher came from humble beginnings and became  the World's leading StatesWoman . Her skill as an Economist helped greatly in her decision making , tough choices were made and I know Miners who did not want to strike but were overruled. What happened to mining Communities was disastrous for them and their famiies and if they had discovered how to produce smokeless coal then the Mines might have been saved., because there was 30 yrs supply in the Mines at that time.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Fri 4 Apr - 22:46

Panda wrote:

Fuzeta, your'e the only one who likes her , at least on this Forum, glad we think alike. Mrs Thatcher came from humble beginnings and became  the World's leading StatesWoman . Her skill as an Economist helped greatly in her decision making , tough choices were made and I know Miners who did not want to strike but were overruled. What happened to mining Communities was disastrous for them  and their famiies and if they had discovered how to produce smokeless coal then the Mines might have been saved., because there was 30 yrs supply in the Mines at that time.

I see my views are of no importance then. You used the same quotation from fuzeta as I did. Strange.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 4 Apr - 23:09

Panda wrote:

Fuzeta, your'e the only one who likes her , at least on this Forum, glad we think alike. Mrs Thatcher came from humble beginnings and became  the World's leading StatesWoman . Her skill as an Economist helped greatly in her decision making , tough choices were made and I know Miners who did not want to strike but were overruled. What happened to mining Communities was disastrous for them  and their famiies and if they had discovered how to produce smokeless coal then the Mines might have been saved., because there was 30 yrs supply in the Mines at that time.

I know you like and admire her panda, as is your right to do so... But to credit her as coming from humble beginnings is just a tad of a stretch..

Her father was a grocer, owning 2 shops, a Methodist Minister, an Alderman, an Independent member of local government and Mayor of Grantham. There can be no denying she did well by herself and worked hard to get where she did but, to quote 'humble beginngs' is one heck of a stretch...  Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 Icon_flower 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sat 5 Apr - 10:43

Katertaif I think Panda must have been typing the post to me at the same time as yours came up on screen. So she did not see it at the time. That explains it I think. Look at the timelines  Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 Icon_flower 
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 5 Apr - 12:51

What part of 'Taking what they are not entitled to' is fraudulent and breaking the law do they not understand?

Miller would be the first to condemn a real person of theft or fraud if he/she were to be caught overclaiming welfare benefits to feed their family.

She has no problem coming forward with a plethora of farcical, childish reasons why she has committed no sin.

Perhaps it is because she knows her boss Dave will back her to keep up his 'Women in Cabinet' ratio.

What a pack of skels we have running our country.... gallows bait.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 5 Apr - 12:55

Panda wrote:

Fuzeta, your'e the only one who likes her , at least on this Forum...

not true. maggie would blow her nose with most of the current crop of politicians and as for miller she's nothing more than a common thief.

Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 5 Apr - 13:06

Marky wrote:
Panda wrote:

Fuzeta, your'e the only one who likes her , at least on this Forum...

not true. maggie would blow her nose with most of the current crop of politicians and as for miller she's nothing more than a common thief.

Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 25346

Hi marky, I have a feeling that Cameron will regret backing Mrs Miller, some her Constituents have been asked what they think and they are not happy about this and momentum is growing for her to be charged.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sat 5 Apr - 17:46

malena stool wrote:What part of 'Taking what they are not entitled to' is fraudulent and breaking the law do they not understand?

Miller would be the first to condemn a real person of theft or fraud if he/she were to be caught overclaiming welfare benefits to feed their family.

She has no problem coming forward with a plethora of farcical, childish reasons why she has committed no sin.

Perhaps it is because she knows her boss Dave will back her to keep up his 'Women in Cabinet' ratio.

What a pack of skels we have running our country.... gallows bait.

Absolutely old son. I can hear her now calling for the head of someone who had been inadvertently been paid too much unemployment benefit, and blaming them for the position they found themselves in as a result. Smug I believe fits quite well. Her entire attitude oozes with her misplaced sense of superiority. Misplaced, because she is no better than a common thief,

As for it all being a genuine mistake, they should set that line to music. I fully understand though why a committee of MP's (maladroit persons) Should drastically slash the amount she robbed from us (sorry mistakenly claimed) they themselves will undoubtedly be at it and condemnation of her, as she so rightfully deserves could rebound disastrously. Not disastrously for them to resign honourably you understand, and certainly not give up being an MP (manipulative person)

I can only hope the voting public remembers next year, and the political map of Britain changes beyond recognition. Th enext lot couldn't possibly be worse than this crew.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 5 Apr - 20:19

Evening katertaif,

This woman's actions and Cameron's lack of responsible reaction could well hasten the Tories search for a replacement for Cameron. He has constantly employed, promoted and supported corrupt and suspect Cabinet Ministers..

photo Maria-Miller-3009426_zps68855bf3.jpg
Miller looks exactly what she is, a petulant spoilt child who was caught with her fingers in her mother's purse.

As you commented on an earlier post katertaif, if UKIP can get a respectable number of seats is perhaps all it would need to bring both the Tories and New Labour to their senses. The LibdDems I would think are a lost cause as far as real political options are concerned. their only interest is to rig the voting system to enable them to win more seats.

Even the most tree hugging green of the Liberal persuasion must recognise the futility of voting for a dead Parrot.... Sorry Nick, that's how you came across when challenging Farage to a duel of words....

Last edited by malena stool on Sat 5 Apr - 20:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Incorrect name (Nigel instead of Nick))
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 5 Apr - 20:26

malena stool wrote:Evening katertaif,

This woman's actions and Cameron's lack of responsible reaction could well hasten the Tories search for a replacement for Cameron. He has constantly employed, promoted and supported corrupt and suspect Cabinet Ministers..

Miller looks exactly what she is, a petulant spoilt child who was caught with her fingers in her mother's purse.

As you commented on an earlier post katertaif, if UKIP can get a respectable number of seats is perhaps all it would need to bring both the Tories and New Labour to their senses. The LibdDems I would think are a lost cause as far as real political options are concerned. their only interest is to rig the voting system to enable them to win more seats.

Even the most tree hugging green of the Liberal persuasion must recognise the futility of voting for a dead Parrot.... Sorry Nigel, that's how you came across when challenging Farage to a duel of words....
WHOS NIGEL?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 5 Apr - 20:29

OOPS I meant Nick, well spotted Badboy.... Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 2 25346  I'll edit my not so deliberate mastyke... Thanks. 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sat 5 Apr - 21:17

malena stool wrote:Evening katertaif,

Even the most tree hugging green of the Liberal persuasion must recognise the futility of voting for a dead Parrot.... Sorry Nick, that's how you came across when challenging Farage to a duel of words....

The constant scandals Caused by our elected representatives not being able to resist helping themselves to our money, in spite of the massive inflation busting wage rise may actually prove very harmful.

Granted that the hope is that if a score or so UKIP MP's were elected, it may just snap the establishment out of their comfortable pick pocketing existences and actually represent us. A personal first for most of them.

However bearing in mind that UKIP have no experience yet of government in Britain, the cure if too many were elected may be almost as bad as the disease. We need IMHO that is a score or so UKIP and even a couple of BNP's in there to make the rest of them start to see the enormity of what damage. they have done and start to repair it. One thing for sure, is this general election is virtually the last chance we will get, before the demographics of it start to work against us.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next