Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims

+7
Lioned
Badboy
malena stool
kitti
chrissie
AnnaEsse
mara thon
11 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 Empty Re: Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims

Post  fuzeta Sat 5 Apr - 21:20

malena stool wrote:OOPS I meant Nick, well spotted Badboy.... Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 25346  I'll edit my not so deliberate mastyke... Thanks. 

I was thinking what does Malena mean "Nigel" Then I saw badboy write at the bottom "who's Nigel"  Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 294124 

I thought I was the only one on here that had seen the shambles that was Clegg on that debate. He talks to the public as though we are all village idiots, or village gilpin, as my Yorkshire father used to say
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :
Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 Empty Re: Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims

Post  fuzeta Sat 5 Apr - 21:47

katertaif wrote:
malena stool wrote:Evening katertaif,

This woman's actions and Cameron's lack of responsible reaction could well hasten the Tories search for a replacement for Cameron. He has constantly employed, promoted and supported corrupt and suspect Cabinet Ministers..

photo Maria-Miller-3009426_zps68855bf3.jpg
Miller looks exactly what she is, a petulant spoilt child who was caught with her fingers in her mother's purse.

As you commented on an earlier post katertaif, if UKIP can get a respectable number of seats is perhaps all it would need to bring both the Tories and New Labour to their senses. The LibdDems I would think are a lost cause as far as real political options are concerned. their only interest is to rig the voting system to enable them to win more seats.

Even the most tree hugging green of the Liberal persuasion must recognise the futility of voting for a dead Parrot.... Sorry Nick, that's how you came across when challenging Farage to a duel of words....

The constant scandals Caused by our elected representatives not being able to resist helping themselves to our money, in spite of the massive inflation busting wage rise may actually prove very harmful.

Granted that the hope is that if a score or so UKIP MP's were elected, it may just snap the establishment out of their comfortable pick pocketing existences  and actually represent us. A personal first for most of them.

However bearing in mind that UKIP have no experience yet of government in Britain, the cure if too many were elected may be almost as bad as  the disease. We need IMHO that is a score or so UKIP and even a couple of BNP's in there to make the rest of them start to see the enormity of what damage. they have done and start to repair it.  One thing for sure, is this general election is virtually the last chance we will get, before the demographics of it start to work against us.

I agree with all that katertaif . I especially feel that the next election is our last chance and I don't give much for our chances from what is on offer. It saddens me so much to say it but I think this country is finished. The country as we have known it anyway. Makes me want to cry.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :
Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 5 Apr - 21:53

katertaif wrote:

This woman's actions and Cameron's lack of responsible reaction could well hasten the Tories search for a replacement for Cameron. He has constantly employed, promoted and supported corrupt and suspect Cabinet Ministers..

Miller looks exactly what she is, a petulant spoilt child who was caught with her fingers in her mother's purse.

As you commented on an earlier post katertaif, if UKIP can get a respectable number of seats is perhaps all it would need to bring both the Tories and New Labour to their senses. The LibdDems I would think are a lost cause as far as real political options are concerned. their only interest is to rig the voting system to enable them to win more seats.

Even the most tree hugging green of the Liberal persuasion must recognise the futility of voting for a dead Parrot.... Sorry Nick, that's how you came across when challenging Farage to a duel of words....

The constant scandals Caused by our elected representatives not being able to resist helping themselves to our money, in spite of the massive inflation busting wage rise may actually prove very harmful.

Granted that the hope is that if a score or so UKIP MP's were elected, it may just snap the establishment out of their comfortable pick pocketing existences  and actually represent us. A personal first for most of them.

However bearing in mind that UKIP have no experience yet of government in Britain, the cure if too many were elected may be almost as bad as  the disease. We need IMHO that is a score or so UKIP and even a couple of BNP's in there to make the rest of them start to see the enormity of what damage. they have done and start to repair it.  One thing for sure, is this general election is virtually the last chance we will get, before the demographics of it start to work against us.

Their kleptomanic need to dip into the public purse despite awarding themselves an 11% rise puts them on a par with the unions of the late 1900s, the only difference being the workers back then did work and were paid but a pittance. Perhaps we should send police 'special task groups' into the commons and break a few heads, our 'Honourable Members' would enjoy that... Well they used to when they saw a few strikers heads broken on the picket lines.  

You are not wrong katertaif, if this country's corrupt leadership problems are not sorted by the end of the next Parliament, they will perhaps never be sorted at all.

Who would ever have believed that we could lower the standards of parliamentarians in the 'Mother of all Parliaments' to where the acceptance of deviants, fraudsters, bruisers, drunkards and drug abusers is considered normal.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 5 Apr - 22:06

fuzeta wrote:
malena stool wrote:OOPS I meant Nick, well spotted Badboy.... Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 25346  I'll edit my not so deliberate mastyke... Thanks. 

I was thinking what does Malena mean "Nigel"  Then I saw badboy write at the bottom  "who's Nigel"  Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 294124 

I thought I was the only one on here that had seen the shambles that was Clegg on that debate. He talks to the public as though we are all  village idiots, or village gilpin, as my Yorkshire father used to say

I've never come across the word Gilpin, fuzeta... It is cited as being a very common surname in Yorkshire, the only definition I've found is on;

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gilpin,
As noted previously, the word "gilpin" is used twice by James Cagney in the movie "The Roaring Twenties". In that context it seems to mean "chump" or "rube". It's an interesting word that I haven't seen or heard anywhere else besides that movie, and I can't find it in any dictionaries or on-line references.

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 5 Apr - 22:21

Just announced on sky News, a straw Poll says 80% of the population think Miller should resign and that Cameron should not be protecting her.

Cameron really has no Political nous does he, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was forced to step down before the next Election
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 5 Apr - 23:47

SHE MY LOCAL MP.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 6 Apr - 7:11

Badboy wrote:SHE MY LOCAL MP.

It looks as if Mary Miller will be forced to resign as MP Badboy, quite right too, well done the Press for not letting this go. Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 463742 

Cameron is looking decidedly weak now , I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is dumped like Maggie Thatcher was.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 6 Apr - 7:25

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 6 Apr - 8:23

Maria Miller must go over expenses claims, says senior minister

Minister says Culture Secretary Maria Miller's behaviour is 'incompatible with being in Cabinet and undermines PM'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/10747333/Maria-Miller-must-go-over-expenses-claims-says-senior-minister.html

Pressure for Maria Miller to quit intensified on Saturday night after a senior minister said her behaviour was “incompatible” with that of a member of the Cabinet.

The Culture Secretary is fighting for her political life amid growing criticism of her expenses claims on a £1.4 million house she owned in south London and her failure to cooperate with a subsequent parliamentary inquiry.

The senior minister, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Telegraph: “In my view she has clearly behaved in a way that is incompatible with what she should be doing as a Cabinet minister. The decision to keep her on undermines the Prime Minister because he has talked about a new kind of politics.”

In a series of further developments on Saturday:
• Sir Alistair Graham, the former chairman of the Committee on Standards in Public Life, described Mrs Miller’s failure to cooperate fully with the expenses inquiry as “pretty shocking”;

• A second minister, who also did not wish to be named, said Mrs Miller’s special adviser, who had raised the issue of press regulation when The Daily Telegraph first began investigating her boss’s expenses, should resign;

• Activists at the Conservative Spring Forum, attended by David Camer
on, demanded Mrs Miller quit. Not a single grassroots Tory — out of 50 spoken to by The Telegraph — offered to back her;

• New documents — utility bills for the property — appeared to cast doubt on Mrs Miller’s assertion that her £1.4 million house in south London was only her second home. The bills totalled more than £3,700 for one year alone;

• It emerged Mrs Miller even lobbied a committee of MPs, who had already reduced what she had to repay by £40,000, to try to persuade them she should repay only £4,000.
Mrs Miller has been accused of trying to bully Kathryn Hudson, Parliament’s independent standards commissioner, in an apparent attempt to block the investigation into her expenses claims.

Mrs Miller threatened to make a formal complaint about the commissioner, refused to provide documents to justify her claims and employed a lawyer to try to limit the scope of the investigation against her. When The Telegraph first began examining her expenses claims in December 2012, Jo Hindley, Mrs Miller’s special adviser, telephoned the newspaper to “flag up” the fact that at the time Mrs Miller was involved in discussions over the future of press regulation in the wake of the Leveson Inquiry into newspaper ethics.

Between 2005 and 2009, Mrs Miller had claimed £90,000 in mortgage interest and other housing costs on the home. She designated as her main house a rented property in her constituency in Basingstoke. In all, she rented three houses there. But Mrs Hudson recommended that Mrs Miller should hand back £45,000 in over-claimed allowances and concluded that the minister should have declared her house in Wimbledon as her main home.

The Commons Standards Committee, made up of 10 MPs and three lay members, agreed with Mrs Hudson that the Wimbledon house should have been designated as the main home but said that under the guidance at the time it was “reasonable” to designate it as the second home and ordered Mrs Miller to pay back only £5,800 on a minor over-claim on her mortgage.

The senior minister, who said Mrs Miller should quit, said her career had been saved by the committee’s decision to largely ignore the commissioner’s findings. “What Maria Miller has done is serious but she has been cleared by the body set up to investigate her,” said the minister. “The fault is with the system.”

Other ministers criticised Miss Hindley’s intervention. “The transcript of the recording of the spad (special adviser) is really, really bad,” said one minister on Saturday, on condition of anonymity. Another minister — again who would not be named — went further and said that the adviser should resign.
Sir Alistair Graham, the former chairman of the Committee on Standards in Public Life, heaped further pressure on Mrs Miller.

In an interview with the BBC on Saturday, Mr Graham said: “The degree of lack of cooperation or the attempt to divert the commissioner from addressing the issues concerned seems fairly exceptional. I think particularly for a senior Cabinet minister, who you expect to show a leadership role in cooperating with whatever expenses system is around, it is pretty shocking.

“I think the public will be very shocked that the committee did overturn one of the key recommendations about how much should be repaid, when there is a real possibility that the minister made a capital gain with the help of public funds.”

Support for the Culture Secretary was hard to find at Saturday’s Conservative Spring Forum in London, at which Mr Cameron delivered the keynote speech. Out of 50 activists approached by The Telegraph, none offered support to Mrs Miller.

Fourteen said she should have been sacked or resigned from the front bench; while a further 12 expressed concerns about the way the matter had been handled and her conduct but stopped short of calling for her to go. A further 24 declined to comment but none offered support.

“She should have gone for the sake of the party,” said Clive Nelson, 70, a member of Kenilworth and Southam Conservative Association and a party member for 50 years. He added: “She has put up a good fight but she was in the wrong and it sends out the wrong message to the public. I’ve spoken to several people here who shared my views on this.”

Peter Oakley, a magistrate and Tory parish councillor in Tanworth-in-Arden, Warwicks, said: “It was a resigning matter, in my opinion. And I’m always uncomfortable when the activities of members of any institutions are reviewed by their own peers.”

An analysis of a bundle of documents published by the Commons Standards Committee on Friday appears to weaken Mrs Miller’s contention that the house in Wimbledon, which she shared with her husband, children and elderly parents, was her second home.
The assertion was apparently undermined by the size of the gas, water and electricity bills being paid on the property. A schedule of accommodation costs shows the utility bills totalled £3,726.23 in a 12-month period between 2008 and 2009. Previous annual bills had hovered between £2,500 and £2,900. Cleaning costs totalled £2,900 a year.

The property in Wimbledon at the centre of the investigation was sold in February for £1.47 million. Mrs Miller and her husband, Iain, bought the large Victorian house in 1995 for £234,000. Mrs Miller claimed that the house was her second home for four years between 2005 and 2009, but stopped abruptly when the expenses scandal erupted.

The documents released by the Standards Committee also show how Mrs Miller attempted to reduce the amount of over-claimed expenses she would eventually be required to repay. The Standards Commissioner said she should pay back £45,000 but a committee of MPs reduced this to £5,800. Mrs Miller urged the MPs to reduce the amount further to around £4,000 to take account of her parents’ costs. But the MPs rejected her overtures and concluded: “We do not understand how Mrs Miller considers that this should be reduced to take account of her parents’ costs, and so we reject the proposed reduction.”

In refusing to resign, Mrs Miller offered only an apology to the Commons over her dealings with the Commissioner. On Friday, she said in her statement: “The committee has recommended that I apologise to the House for my attitude to the Commissioner’s inquiries, and I of course unreservedly apologise. I fully accept the recommendations of the committee, and thank them for bringing this matter to an end.”

On Saturday, Grant Shapps, the Conservative party chairman, further tried to draw a line under the affair. Mr Shapps said: “The main accusation was thrown out. There was a matter for which she’s apologised — partly the amount of time it took to get the information together. She’s apologised to Parliament and, as the Prime Minister said today and yesterday, that does rather draw a line under it. “Maria Miller has entirely accepted [the committee’s] recommendations, she’s come to Parliament and done that. The Prime Minister has accepted that. It doesn’t seem to me there’s much other place for it to go.”

Meanwhile, calls were mounting on Saturday for reform of the system which investigates complaints about MPs. Sir Alistair called for more power to be given to lay members of the Commons Standards Committee, which has been accused of watering down sanctions suggested for Mrs Miller.

Lord Bew, the current chairman of the Committee on Standards in Public Life issued a statement warning that Parliament should be seen to be “listening and not repeating past mistakes”. Even members of the Standards Committee itself supported the calls for reform, with its chairman, Kevin Barron, saying he “wholeheartedly” agreed with Sir Alistair that lay members should be given full voting rights.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 6 Apr - 8:38

time to consider a change to the job title? after all, "right honourable..." seems something of a contradiction.

Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 25346 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 6 Apr - 8:56

Marky wrote:time to consider a change to the job title? after all, "right honourable..." seems something of a contradiction.

Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 25346 
A name and number on their orange jump suit would be a better method of identification for our iconic leaders.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 6 Apr - 9:12

malena stool wrote:
Marky wrote:time to consider a change to the job title? after all, "right honourable..." seems something of a contradiction.

A name and number on their orange jump suit would be a better method of identification for our iconic leaders.

Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 294124 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 6 Apr - 9:20

Morning Marky,

Cameron must be feeling sick because he has been overruled by an intelligent population, including Miller's Constituency  Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 294124 I have said before , he is reactive, not proactive and I think his Party will do a Maggie Thatcher on him ,
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 Empty Maria Miller

Post  katertaif Sun 6 Apr - 10:39

malena stool wrote:
katertaif wrote:

Their kleptomanic need to dip into the public purse despite awarding themselves an 11% rise puts them on a par with the unions of the late 1900s, the only difference being the workers back then did work and were paid but a pittance. Perhaps we should send police 'special task groups' into the commons and break a few heads, our 'Honourable Members' would enjoy that... Well they used to when they saw a few strikers heads broken on the picket lines.  

You are not wrong katertaif, if this country's corrupt leadership problems are not sorted by the end of the next Parliament, they will perhaps never be sorted at all.

Who would ever have believed that we could lower the standards of parliamentarians in the 'Mother of all Parliaments' to where the acceptance of deviants, fraudsters, bruisers, drunkards and drug abusers is considered normal.  

Good morning malena stool

I can well imagine the sadness with which you wrote that. It matches mine on reading it and knowing it to be true. They have proved beyond any possible doubt that they just cannot be trusted with public money. Their overriding concern being the best way to transfer as much of it as possible into their own pockets. Thieves is a mild word for them.

Normal "criminals" are given the option of pleading guilty or not guilty. Our elected representatives are however never ever guilty of any wrongdoing at all. Simply normal accounting errors such as anyone may make. let's just enlarge on that, and say we believe them. Where does that take us?

We all have to look after our own finances or face sanctions of one form or another. What these people are actually saying (whether they realise it or not) is that as a class, they are not able to balance their own books. Yet also as a class, they are supposed to be (they certainly claim to be) above average intelligence. If they cannot reliably  balance their own books, how is it they can be put in charge of budgets worth millions upon millions of pounds?

How can they be trusted to negotiate a better deal for us in the EU before they offer a referendum. How can IDS supervise disability claims? In addition, they don't make mistakes of a few pence or even a few hundreds of pounds. It's often tens of thousands. They are in effect saying either that they are guilty as charged,  or that they are incapable of accurately doing what millions of us have to do every week, and are therefore unfit to be the elected representatives of the rest of us.

Either way, they should not be sitting n a green leather seat in parliament and should have the honour, the integrity, and the grace to resign, and let someone who can do the job get elected.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 6 Apr - 12:31

katertaif wrote:
malena stool wrote:
katertaif wrote:

Good morning malena stool

I can well imagine the sadness with which you wrote that. It matches mine on reading it and knowing it to be true. They have proved beyond any possible doubt that they just cannot be trusted with public money. Their overriding concern being the best way to transfer as much of it as possible into their own pockets. Thieves is a mild word for them.

Normal "criminals" are given the option of pleading guilty or not guilty. Our elected representatives are however never ever guilty of any wrongdoing at all. Simply normal accounting errors such as anyone may make. let's just enlarge on that, and say we believe them. Where does that take us?

We all have to look after our own finances or face sanctions of one form or another. What these people are actually saying (whether they realise it or not) is that as a class, they are not able to balance their own books. Yet also as a class, they are supposed to be (they certainly claim to be) above average intelligence. If they cannot reliably  balance their own books, how is it they can be put in charge of budgets worth millions upon millions of pounds?

How can they be trusted to negotiate a better deal for us in the EU before they offer a referendum. How can IDS supervise disability claims? In addition, they don't make mistakes of a few pence or even a few hundreds of pounds. It's often tens of thousands. They are in effect saying either that they are guilty as charged,  or that they are incapable of accurately doing what millions of us have to do every week, and are therefore unfit to be the elected representatives of the rest of us.

Either way, they should not be sitting n a green leather seat in parliament and should have the honour, the integrity, and the grace to resign, and let someone who can do the job get elected.

Good morning katertaif,
I was almost ready to press the send button on my previous reply when my internet dropped off... I used to compose comments in Word then cut and paste to the forum. I might even reconsider doing that again...

Ah well, we'll start once more...

Their actions do dispute their claim to possessing a superior intelligence. An electrician friend of mine told me how many years ago his local MP visited his factory where he was completing the build of a large control panel. My friend was painting 1" wide stripes every 2 feet on the 6"x1/4" main copper bars to identify their particular phase. Red/yellow/Blue and Black for the Neutral bar. Bearing in mind these copper bars were in an enclosed locked panel which would be installed in a locked secure substation, where power was isolated before entry, this knowledgeable, well educated, smooth talking, grey wavy haired well dressed, superior being asked the director showing him round; "Why is the insulation paint being applied in small stripes". Duh..
'Nuff said....

There is no excuse, no reason, no way for them to absolve their arrogant ignorance of the amount and what they can claim for. The pathway for even the dullest knife in the drawer to follow is laid out for them and their accountants to follow. To deviate from the guidance is to acknowledge theft, full stop no excuse.

Cameron should cut his loss, dismiss her from post and refer the whole disgusting mess to the fraud squad or whatever Scotland Yard's department for exposing corrupt practice is called.

Even the 1922 committee are recommending her removal.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=maria+miller+latest&rlz=1C1GGGE_en-gbGB441GB505&oq=maria+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j69i59l2j69i60j69i59.6556j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

But none of this helps the country and the electorate, because it'll all happen again a couple of years down the line.

The system itself needs to be reset to a previous time when expenses could not be fraudulently obtained so easily, when the title 'Honourable Member' actually meant something to the people who it applied to.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 6 Apr - 23:59

I BELIEVE LORD TEBBITT HAS CALLED FOR HER RESIGNATION.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 Apr - 5:54

Badboy wrote: I BELIEVE LORD TEBBITT HAS CALLED FOR HER RESIGNATION.

Yes he has Badboy and Ms. Miller has no option because her constituents are angry about it as well. Cameron , yet again has shown bad judgement.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 Empty Maria Miller

Post  katertaif Mon 7 Apr - 8:18

Badboy wrote: I BELIEVE LORD TEBBITT HAS CALLED FOR HER RESIGNATION.

If she had a shred of integrity, honour, or even moral fibre, no one would have any need to call for her resignation badboy. Then if she did possess any of those qualities, she would not have done it in the first place.

Being an elected representative of the country should be enough for any of them. There are certainly enough candidates for every position. These days one has to ask what their motivation really is..

A friend of my wife's showed me a letter she got some years ago, stating that she would be getting an increased allowance for her son who has some problems. So when she started getting extra money, she thought no more about it. Over something over 4 years she was overpaid to the tune of £4,000. Now the error has been discovered, they want it back. Not over the same time frame as they gave it to her but at once. She will probably have to sell her car to do it, with the impact that will have on her son.

Of course we could get the same panel of MP's who slashed Millers repayment to a tenth. I'm sure our friend would be happy to repay £400, rather than £4,000. Doubtless Miller would turn up her well bred, right honourable nose at this blatant profiteering from one of the lower orders.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 Apr - 11:53

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 7 Apr - 12:18

Do know what gets me with all this is, the 'normal' person isn't allowed a spare room but these MP's can have spare houses!!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 7 Apr - 12:20

wjk wrote:Do know what gets me with all this is, the 'normal' person isn't allowed a spare room but these MP's can have spare houses!!
Well wjk, it's because we are plebs... Honest plebs, but plebs all the same..
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 Apr - 12:35

A report on the News just now said without exception the Press is saying this MP should resign so Cameron has shown the same lack of judgement that he showed when intervening in the McCann case and being duped by Kate and Rebekah.

I can hear the knives being sharpened by the back benchers. Culture Secretary to repay £1,000's and apologise over expenses claims - Page 3 294124 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Mon 7 Apr - 12:50

malena stool wrote:
wjk wrote:Do know what gets me with all this is, the 'normal' person isn't allowed a spare room but these MP's can have spare houses!!
Well wjk, it's because we are plebs... Honest plebs, but plebs all the same..

Yes indeed malena stool, I 've been practicing forelock tugging, eyes lowering respectfully, and stepping off the pavement for days now. It's disgraceful that our elected representatives have to scrimp and save to keep body and second home together. They should be positively showered with money so that they can live in the luxury to which they would like to become accustomed.

They should be treated as the exalted beings the are, even if it bankrupts us. Just a moment though. They have bankrupted us. Oh well. I'm going to have my medication now.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 Apr - 16:19

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 Apr - 23:17

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next