Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think a D Notice has been placed on the British Press.

+8
Panda
chrissie
LJC
comperedna
pennylane
cass
MaryB
matthew
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you think a D Notice has been placed on the British Press. Empty Do you think a D Notice has been placed on the British Press.

Post  Panda Tue 13 May - 7:14

Nothing from sky yesterday or today, same with the Press., It makes sense to put a stop to reporting while this search is going on and since we know the Press  would continue to upset the Portugese , it's feasible.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Do you think a D Notice has been placed on the British Press. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do you think a D Notice has been placed on the British Press. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Do you think a D Notice has been placed on the British Press. Empty Re: Do you think a D Notice has been placed on the British Press.

Post  matthew Tue 13 May - 7:56

This case is unprecedented but after certain convictions it was later revealed that certain press were working with the police to help with the investigation, one that springs to mind was a polish guy in Wrexham who had killed his Malaysian friend & the police used the media to say they were going to be searching farmland where they had some intelligence where the body was but no clue to the exact spot, the police watched as the suspect actually went out with binoculars to monitor the dig...as they watched him watching them they would know they were cold but forced him into action with a spade when they got hotter, the suspect tried to rebury the body one night, found the ground too tough & the next day he handed himself in...anyway probably nothing to do with this case but after the media ruined one trial many years ago the press were reigned in on criminal cases where the police can order some kind of D-Notice where there is a potential to ruin a fair trial, which when you think how much our media has fawned over the McCanns...it could have been ordered many many moons ago...as far back as the Arguidos(persons of interest)were cleared*cough cough* or the whitewash was ordered
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :
Do you think a D Notice has been placed on the British Press. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do you think a D Notice has been placed on the British Press. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Do you think a D Notice has been placed on the British Press. Empty Re: Do you think a D Notice has been placed on the British Press.

Post  MaryB Tue 13 May - 8:51

It's really difficult to know what's going on here. Why even report the digs in the first place only to put the D notice on a few days later. Something strange is going on but not sure exactly what. The only thing that had crossed my mind was they have a dig and say ah well nothing to be found here and back to lurkers in stairwells and so on.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 13 May - 9:04

matthew wrote:This case is unprecedented but after certain convictions it was later revealed that certain press were working with the police to help with the investigation, one that springs to mind was a polish guy in Wrexham who had killed his Malaysian friend & the police used the media to say they were going to be searching farmland where they had some intelligence where the body was but no clue to the exact spot, the police watched as the suspect actually went out with binoculars to monitor the dig...as they watched him watching them they would know they were cold but forced him into action with a spade when they got hotter, the suspect tried to rebury the body one night, found the ground too tough & the next day he handed himself in...anyway probably nothing to do with this case but after the media ruined one trial many years ago the press were reigned in on criminal cases where the police can order some kind of D-Notice where there is a potential to ruin a fair trial, which when you think how much our media has fawned over the McCanns...it could have been ordered many many moons ago...as far back as the Arguidos(persons of interest)were cleared*cough cough* or the whitewash was ordered

morning matthew, The only time I have heard of a D Notice being issued was by Tony Blair against the Sunday Herald for reporting homosexuality in Parliament.

In this case, we know the Press have for the last 7 years , been updated by either the McCanns or Clarence, which meant a leak from SY. If this poster who said there has been liaison for a long time between Portugal and Britain at Government level it makes sense to put a D Notice on the Press.
It will create a better working relationship between Governments, ensure the Residents of PDL will not be bombarded by the Press and holidays in Portugal will not be affected.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 13 May - 9:12

MaryB wrote:It's really difficult to know what's going on here.  Why even report the digs in the first place only to put the D notice on a few days later. Something strange is going on but not sure exactly what.  The only thing that had crossed my mind was they have a dig and say ah well nothing to be found here and back to lurkers in stairwells and so on.

Morning MaryB, come on , when was the last time the Daily Papers did not report anything about Madeleine?, now 2 days and not a word from any of them., especially at the most crucial time. Do you think a D Notice has been placed on the British Press. 25346 If this plan was conceived by both Governments a long time ago I don't understand why they didn't do it earlier, but there you go, this is why it's taken 7 years and still no trace.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 13 May - 9:21

i think this is the beginning of the end , all these bloody stupid headlines , they are beyond belieavable , only thing i will now believe is if portugal and sy stand side by side in the same room and make a statement , i think that will only happen when both have decided case closed filed never ever to be reopened again and i think it might be nearer than anyone thinks
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 13 May - 9:26

Hi Panda. What do you think is going on. I'm trying to work it out but I just can't. Unless they are really going to find something or even have found something already and they don't want it reported. Because why report the dig and then not report anything else.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 13 May - 9:43

MaryB wrote:Hi Panda. What do you think is going on.  I'm trying to work it out but I just can't.  Unless they are really going to find something or even have found something already and they don't want it reported. Because why report the dig and then not report anything else.  
mary in my mind NOTHING should be reported regarding the dig , thats why i think its all for show , come on , brady and hindley went to the moors many a time and yes they were headlines and pics , but it had already happened in the night nobody around , portugal are now starting the season so why now ? i think 7 years on both have decided this is the end ,
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 13 May - 9:46

cass wrote:i think this is the beginning of the end , all these bloody stupid headlines , they are beyond belieavable , only thing i will now believe is if portugal and sy stand side by side in the same room and make a statement , i think that will only happen when both have decided case closed filed never ever to be reopened again and i think it might be nearer than anyone thinks

Morning cass....Yea, and pigs might fly. Do you think a D Notice has been placed on the British Press. 294124  This latest attempt may not find anything to prove Madeleine is dead , but it will for sure close the case as far as the Portugese are concerned , so all the publicity surrounding this case for the last 7 years will cease.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 13 May - 9:51

MaryB wrote:Hi Panda. What do you think is going on.  I'm trying to work it out but I just can't.  Unless they are really going to find something or even have found something already and they don't want it reported. Because why report the dig and then not report anything else.  

MaryB, I think to use Radar and Portugese choppers is significant but the search is like looking for a needle in a Haystack and after 7 years I hope I am wrong but would be very surprised if anything is found to suggest it is Madeleine. This for me is the last throw of the dice and if nothing is found the case will be closed.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 13 May - 9:57

Panda wrote:

MaryB, I think to use Radar and Portugese choppers is significant but the search is like looking for a needle in a Haystack and after 7 years I hope I am wrong but would be very surprised if anything is found to suggest it is Madeleine. This for me is the last throw of the dice and if nothing is found the case will be closed.
i think the same panda , be seen doing something , and case closed , how much more has the uk got to spend on one missing child it has to end somewhere , if i had a loved one that was missing , be it brother sister mum dad etc i would be so upset , every missing person is loved by someone and it must be a kick in the teeth to know they are not important enough to get money spent looking for them
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 13 May - 10:07

cass wrote:
Panda wrote:

i think the same panda , be seen doing something , and case closed , how much more has the uk got to spend on one missing child it has to end somewhere , if i had a loved one that was missing , be it brother sister mum dad etc i would be so upset , every missing person is loved by someone and it must be a kick in the teeth to know they are not important enough to get money spent looking for them

Cass, Ben Needhams' Mother did not have any help , the Police told her at the time that there was nothing they could do, they could not interfere since Ben went missing in another Country. It was only when the McCanns received all the SY support that the U.K. Police persuaded the Greek Police to dig up this mound of earth near Ben's Grandparents home that had a negative result.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 13 May - 12:55

I think the dig has received publicity because it would be a difficult thing to keep secret anyway - a size equal to 3 football pitches in one area I believe. It is probably the intelligence put forward for the dig leading to the Judgement to go ahead from a Portuguese Court that they do not want leaked. Whatever the intelligence is I think that is the information they are anxious to keep quiet about.

I don't think this dig heralds the start or finish of anything - I guess that may be dependant on what is unearthed or otherwise as the case may be.

I doubt the McCanns are happy about the timing. I think it is just coincidence that the decision to dig has come so close to the anniversary of 3rd May and her birthday. If reports are correct that the request from SY was submitted some time ago, it is a Portuguese Judge who has taken time reaching a Judgement on this but I would think it highly likely that both the PJ and SY would consider it insensitive to commence on such anniversaries in any event, plus, as Matthew points out, the aerial photographs and background work have to be analysed first anyway and SY are only observing for continuity reasons.

It just makes for a few good headlines at the end of the day imo.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 13 May - 13:01

Perhaps Panda there is nothing on Sky because there is simply nothing to report?

LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 13 May - 13:50

LJC wrote:Perhaps Panda there is nothing on Sky because there is simply nothing to report?

Brunt is working on other news in the U.K but anything as groundbreaking as this would have Reporters from around the World swooping down on PDL trying to find out what was going on. This is endgame on the case isn't it LJC whether anything is found or not but I think the Portugese would be furious if SY gave Press interviews while this is going on. We shall see and I am very curious about the claim from an anonymous post that this was planned by both Governments years ago., do you think that has any merit.?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 13 May - 13:55

Just shows the MSM can act civilised if officially requested!  Question is why has nobody in the UK done anything about the vile, xenophobic media circus before???  My opinion is because it suited the Home Office agenda for them to disparage the Portuguese and their investigation 24/7 up until now, and they would still be doing so had the Met not been issued an ultimatum.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 13 May - 14:00

the anniversary of any significant traumatic event is sensitive, but I don't think it should be the reason to stop investigative activity regardless of wherever it happens in the uk or elsewhere.

I agree with you pennylane. there was absolutely no need for any of the xenophobic headlines or comments about botched investigations which are still occurring in the media and im surprised there wasn't any D notices put out. but then that wasn't what the Mcs wanted, and the apparent Met and Governments fawning over these two people is nauseating. quite frankly although the met is supposed to be the uk s best, their records isn't squeaky clean on so many levels so why people are heartened that they are involved is astounding to me jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 13 May - 14:08

SY's reputation has gone down considerably over the way they have not remained impartial , but fed the McCanns and the Press , spent £6 million on ridiculous "people of interest" and upset the Portugese in the process.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 13 May - 14:10

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 13 May - 14:14

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 13 May - 14:30

Panda wrote:
LJC wrote:Perhaps Panda there is nothing on Sky because there is simply nothing to report?

Brunt is working on other news in the U.K but anything as groundbreaking as this would have Reporters from  around the World swooping down on PDL  trying to find out what was going on. This is endgame on the case isn't it LJC whether anything is found or not but I think the Portugese would be furious if SY gave Press interviews while this is going on. We shall see and I am very curious about the claim from an anonymous post that this was planned by both Governments years ago., do you think that has any merit.?

I liked the pun Panda, "groundbreaking".

We will know when SY are back in Portugal Panda because there is nothing to stop press in Britain filming them at the airport, so long as the press do not speculate or over-report. The fact is that there is just nothing going on at the moment. The Portuguese are also speculating from what I read, picking apart what they suppose is the personality of Andy Redwood, saying he looks like he enjoys being on TV blah blah.

The truth of it is that Andy Redwood was head-hunted to lead this investigation, he cannot pick and choose his own jobs and the truth is we seem to go months with nothing happening then all of a sudden there is a Crimewatch appeal or he's filmed at Faro Airport, so hardly the antics of a copper who likes being on TV. Also half the time he is having his photo taken, he is probably not aware of the fact.

Like I said, it makes for good headlines and I still believe there is more co-operation between the two nations than is given credit for.

I doubt anything was planned years ago by any government, if it is the SY investigation and dig you are referring to? It might be more the case that Portugal just did not want this dig, full stop. PDL residents are unhappy because of tourism etc.

It probably wasn't good for tourism in Kos either that a dig took place to try to find Ben Needham, but it went ahead. Nothing found of course, but is that any reason to close the case on him?

No is my answer, and its the same with Madeleine. Treat both cases the same I say, keep on looking for both Ben and Madeleine.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 13 May - 14:46

Oh Kitties......that is absolutely brilliant, I'm laughing as i am typing ......love the Film Star names. Do you think a D Notice has been placed on the British Press. 23324 Do you think a D Notice has been placed on the British Press. 23324 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 13 May - 14:51

Panda wrote:SY's reputation has gone down considerably over the way they have not remained impartial , but fed the McCanns and the Press , spent £6 million on ridiculous "people of interest" and upset the Portugese in the process.

Which is why the Portuguese have them by the short and curly's at this juncture. I believe history has taught the PJ to have zero trust in the Home Office/Operation Grange where the Drs' McCann are concerned!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 13 May - 15:14

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:SY's reputation has gone down considerably over the way they have not remained impartial , but fed the McCanns and the Press , spent £6 million on ridiculous "people of interest" and upset the Portugese in the process.

Which is why the Portuguese have them by the short and curly's at this juncture. I believe history has taught the PJ to have zero trust in the Home Office/Operation Grange where the Drs' McCann are concerned!

Hi pennylane Yes, it makes you wonder how Redwood climbed the Police Ladder of success. In fact, the British have never put themselves out by working with the Portugese Police on this case. The Home Secretary refused to let the Police have 6 months McCann Bank Statements on the grounds it was too intrusive. "Stu" the Leicester Detective supposedly liaising in Portugal told Rachel Mapilly when she asked whether they should attend a recon "no useful purpose would be served".
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 13 May - 16:08

Starring..Fonda Dix....Jenny Taylia...R. Sole and Penny Trashen...pmsl
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next