Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigation enters major phase.....sky news

+2
Lioned
LJC
6 posters

Go down

Investigation enters major phase.....sky news  Empty Investigation enters major phase.....sky news

Post  Panda Thu 22 May - 15:41

http://news.sky.com/story/1266772/madeleine-investigation-enters-major-phase

This is basically the Rowley interview but on the side is a timeline of events.

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't there supposed to be no reporting until the search is completed.??? Rowley is a Senior Police Officer , he obviously has caught the Redwood Bug, verbal diarrhoea.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Investigation enters major phase.....sky news  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Investigation enters major phase.....sky news  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Investigation enters major phase.....sky news  Empty Re: Investigation enters major phase.....sky news

Post  LJC Thu 22 May - 17:20

Panda wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1266772/madeleine-investigation-enters-major-phase

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't there supposed  to be no reporting until the search is completed.??? Rowley is a Senior Police Officer , he obviously has caught the Redwood Bug, verbal diarrhoea.

I think it depends on what is being reported Panda. I think it may be no reporting on the current search itself until the search has been completed. The Portuguese know they can never stop the press writing about this case but they are now asking for compliance of Portuguese law around this current searching stage of the investigation. The timeline of events is another matter, put into the hands of the press 7 years ago by you know who!
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
Investigation enters major phase.....sky news  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Investigation enters major phase.....sky news  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Investigation enters major phase.....sky news  Empty Re: Investigation enters major phase.....sky news

Post  Panda Thu 22 May - 17:57

LJC wrote:
Panda wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1266772/madeleine-investigation-enters-major-phase

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't there supposed  to be no reporting until the search is completed.??? Rowley is a Senior Police Officer , he obviously has caught the Redwood Bug, verbal diarrhoea.

I think it depends on what is being reported Panda.  I think it may be no reporting on the current search itself until the search has been completed.  The Portuguese know they can never stop the press writing about this case but they are now asking for compliance of Portuguese law around this current searching stage of the investigation.  The timeline of events is another matter, put into the hands of the press 7 years ago by you know who!

Hi LJC, can you honestly see the Press keeping far away? The Police should never have told the media where it was intended to dig , why specifically let it be known ? I am surprised that Rowley has made a Statement . Theresa May has commented on the cost of all these investigations and is suggesting any future Investigations are paid for from the Police Fund . .....that sobered them up. Investigation enters major phase.....sky news  294124 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Thu 22 May - 18:19

Panda wrote:
LJC wrote:

I think it depends on what is being reported Panda.  I think it may be no reporting on the current search itself until the search has been completed.  The Portuguese know they can never stop the press writing about this case but they are now asking for compliance of Portuguese law around this current searching stage of the investigation.  The timeline of events is another matter, put into the hands of the press 7 years ago by you know who!

Hi LJC, can you honestly see the Press keeping far away?  The Police should never have told the media where it was intended to dig , why specifically let it be known ? I am surprised that Rowley has made a Statement . Theresa May has commented on the cost of all these investigations and is suggesting any future Investigations are paid for from the Police Fund . .....that sobered them up. Investigation enters major phase.....sky news  294124 

I'm not so sure the police know where to dig yet. That is the idea of the surveillance by the helicopter, but once any digging starts it will be difficult to hide, would you not agree? The press are just as bad in Portugal as in Britain, for it certainly sells papers.

Not sure what you mean that the Home Secretary Theresa May is supposed to have said.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 22 May - 18:32

There were photos of the aareas to be searched. One was near the Apartment, the other was around the Main Ocean Club building and the third was the Beach .

Theresa May mentioned all the money the Police have spent on various "Operations"", Madeleine , Celebrity prosecutions etc more than "£10 million" and instead of it coming out of taxpayers money she is saying it should come out of the Police Fund which would obviously make the police think twice before investigating. I'll see if I can find the Article.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 22 May - 18:35

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 22 May - 18:36

LJC, it's in the U.K. Section
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Thu 22 May - 18:39

Panda wrote:There were photos of the aareas to be searched. One was near the Apartment, the other was around the Main Ocean Club building and the third was the Beach .

Theresa May mentioned all the money the Police have spent on various "Operations"", Madeleine , Celebrity prosecutions etc more than "£10 million" and instead of it coming out of taxpayers money she is saying it should come out of the Police Fund which would obviously make the police think twice before investigating. I'll see if I can find the Article.

Indeed it would. While the funding is extra to the Met 'allowance' they will be quite happy to spend it. Once it has to come out of their budget, they may well think differently.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 22 May - 18:42

fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 22 May - 19:06

I note that Rowley requests the press, "If you get any information ahead of our actions do not publish anything that may give suspects advance notice". However, he also said that British police will be updating "Kate and Gerry" McCann throughout the activity as they have been doing throughout the investigation. The "suspects" should not be given advance notice but "Kate and Gerry" will be kept updated. Two parents who abadoned Madeleine and who have profited financially ever since are being kept up-to-date on police activity. Madeleine, abandoned by her family is all but forgotten by them but not by thousands (millions?) around the world who seek justice for her. Rowley's comments today are just the latest in the Kate and Gerry show.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 22 May - 19:15

Thanks fred, note how none of the Press use the projected image of Madeleine today, either the red dress one or another one where she is laughing.

I really cannot understand why Rowley has to get involved.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum