Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hope for new laws

4 posters

Go down

hope for new laws Empty hope for new laws

Post  cass Sun 25 May - 16:52

hope has passed me that someone will be charged and brought to justice for what happened to madeleine , it is sad but that is how i feel , 2 countrys should becoming together and trying to find out what happened to her . and unless everyone and i mean everyone is re interviewed it will never happen

if the case is closed by portugal and the uk , saying we have nothing more that can bring anyone before a court

my hope is this

1 a message by both goverments , that it is WRONG to leave children alone and anyone doing so will come before the courts , no ifs and buts it needs to be law , endangering life , if lessons and laws can be changed it should be made
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
hope for new laws Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100hope for new laws Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

hope for new laws Empty Re: hope for new laws

Post  tanszi Sun 25 May - 17:40

hiya cass, whilst I can understand your sentiments, I am a great believer that natural justice, karma, has a way of equalising peoples lives, and if anyone has any doubts about this look at the faces of K and G McC.  I also read something the other day that they were on a ferry somewhere and had "bodyguards".    Fearing what other people might do or say is taking a heavy toll otherwise there would be no need for the massive and numerous law suits.  imo.

I agree there should be a law making it a criminal offence to leave children without appropriate care, attention and supervision.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sun 25 May - 18:14

tanszi hi - i believe in kalma too , what goes around comes around that kind of thing , but there has to be something to come out of this ,there has been a lot happened since 2007 , no other mum dad grandma whatever must think its ok to leave children in this way , it is sending out the wrong message imo , and im sick to the back teeth of the mcanns and others thinking its a british thing and its ok , someone in power needs to stop this before the holiday season begins , also there should never be funds for missing children , look at the mathews , look at tia sharpe case , every child adult that ever goes missing should be looked for by goverments at no cost spared , not just this case
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun 25 May - 18:39

cass wrote:hope has passed me that someone will be charged and brought to justice for what happened to madeleine , it is sad but that is how i feel , 2 countrys should becoming together and trying to find out what happened to her . and unless everyone and i mean everyone is re interviewed it will never happen

if the case is closed by portugal and the uk , saying we have nothing more that can bring anyone before a court

my hope is this

1 a message by both goverments , that it is WRONG to leave children alone and anyone doing so will come before the courts , no ifs and buts it needs to be law , endangering life , if lessons and laws can be changed it should be made

It is already an offence in the UK if a child is left unsupervised ‘in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering or injury to health'.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 25 May - 22:42

yes Chris, that's already happened as we know. so if that is the case why haven't the McCs had the book thrown at them because im quite sure Madeleine had unnecessary suffering or injury to health, the crying episode is one, regardless of whatever else happened to her. Some say the not knowing is sentence enough but that's only for those who did the leaving and not for the suffering of the child, whether that is emotional or physical or both. jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun 25 May - 23:24

tanszi wrote:yes Chris, that's already happened as we know.  so if that is the case why haven't the McCs had the book thrown at them because im quite sure Madeleine had unnecessary suffering or injury to health,  the crying episode is one, regardless of whatever else happened to her. Some say the not knowing is sentence enough but that's only for those who did the leaving and not for the  suffering of the child, whether that is emotional or physical or both. jimo

Even if their actions constituted an offence under UK law, the UK courts don't have jurisdiction as the offence would have been committed abroad. The UK courts only have very limited (and specific) jurisdiction for offences committed abroad.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 25 May - 23:51

I was waiting for that reply Chris. I understand that if a UK citizen committed a crime in Portugal and this was investigated with the assistance of the Portuguese then with their agreement the UK Prosecutor can bring criminal charges for trial in the UK. just surprised that SY haven't examined child neglect charges. or maybe they have and they haven't broadcast that to the media (just for a change).
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 26 May - 2:02

kitti