Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine Search.....Needham Family's Sympathy

5 posters

Go down

Madeleine Search.....Needham Family's Sympathy Empty Madeleine Search.....Needham Family's Sympathy

Post  Panda Sat 7 Jun - 4:33

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Madeleine Search.....Needham Family's Sympathy Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine Search.....Needham Family's Sympathy Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Madeleine Search.....Needham Family's Sympathy Empty Re: Madeleine Search.....Needham Family's Sympathy

Post  kitti Sat 7 Jun - 8:39

I actually don't think they are her words..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Madeleine Search.....Needham Family's Sympathy Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine Search.....Needham Family's Sympathy Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Madeleine Search.....Needham Family's Sympathy Empty Re: Madeleine Search.....Needham Family's Sympathy

Post  almostgothic Sat 7 Jun - 8:49

My guess is that the Needham family were asked for a quote.
And in the circumstances, these were the only words they felt were suitable.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 7 Jun - 8:53

I agree .

The words she wanted to say were kept firmly closed behind her lips.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Sat 7 Jun - 13:00

I can believe that Kerry would be that magnanimous but doubt that she actually said those words. probably someone who thought they were the best ones to use. Others which sprang to mind probably only had four letters in them.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 7 Jun - 17:00

I would think it doubtful that Kerry and her family have any suspicions that this case is a hoax but they must wonder why the two cases have been treated so differently.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Sun 8 Jun - 15:21

Kerry Needham wrote:Over the past few days I'd been as ill as I'd ever felt. The sickening feeling as the ship pulled into view of Kos was worse. This wasn't a normal visit. Twenty-one years ago I had cried as I left the island, convinced I was leaving my son behind. Now I was dreading arriving in case we found him.

I wasn't going there to catch up with chief Bafounis or pick up some paperwork or follow up on a sighting. It wasn't for pleasantries with the magistrate or the prosecutors office. It was because of the mission already underway on that mountain. The mission was to dig up the remains of my darling Ben's body.

The harbour was soon in sight and with it the police station and the castle. I couldn't help flinching and cowering from view in my mother's arms. I never enjoyed going back to the place where my life had ended. This time, even after the ship had docked, my hands had to be prised from the rail. I was close to having to be carried off.

I'll always remember that press conference in Kos, despite all of the time that had passed it seemed that that Kerry's emotion was as raw as twenty-one years earlier.
Molly
Molly

Number of posts : 30
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 8 Jun - 18:03

I  rememeber a  nasty  newspaper  article which  labelled kerry a person which came  from a  council estate and  so what....which kerry replied stating that at  least  she didnt need a 'spokesperson' and hadnt got the money  the mccanns had.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Sun 8 Jun - 19:26

Despite a very traumatic time she still found the strength to thank the volunteers and the search teams.

She didn't have a huge "fund" to draw from but she managed to ensure that the baby photos of Ben had been gradually and regularly updated, unlike the generic picture of Madeleine aged 3 and the age-progressed one of an apparent teenager that's been doing the rounds for years. It makes me wonder why people don't notice or question these things.

Molly
Molly

Number of posts : 30
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down