Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search for Maddie costs 3 million

+5
Panda
tigger
malena stool
chrissie1
Annabel
9 posters

Go down

Search for Maddie costs 3 million Empty Search for Maddie costs 3 million

Post  Annabel Sat 22 Oct - 12:02

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/busca-por-maddie-custa-3-milhoes

Investigation: Gerry and Kate McCann had the book in Spain

Kate and Gerry McCann yesterday assured the Spanish newspaper 'El Pais', so far have spent about three million euros in the search for her daughter Maddie, who disappeared in May 2007, the interior of one room apartment in Praia da Luz, Algarve.

The interview with the British couple held in Madrid on the sidelines of presentation of the book 'Madeleine' Authored by Kate McCann, the work is based on a medical journal that she began writing in the moments following the finding of the disappearance of their daughter, and an attempt is taken of the couple to "win funds to continue the search for Maddie."

The three million reportedly spent by the family to ascertain the whereabouts of her daughter served to establish a Web site, call center and pay the detectives, among other matters.

During the past four and a half, Kate and Gerry arrived to receive donations from millionaire Richard Branson (owner of the multinational British Virgin), and JK Rowling (English writer, author of Harry Potter). The money, however, waned.

However, despite the lack of practical results of the investigation, the McCanns ensures to continue searching for the daughter. "We find it incredible that there are no police to look for - it. All official investigations are closed," said Kate McCann.

Regarding the Portuguese police, Kate and Gerry do not spare the criticism, both recall, the very night of the disappearance of the girl (May 3, 2007). "We were stung, involved in the case," noted Gerry McCann, extending the criticism of the Portuguese media.

"I never cease to feel guilty. If we had seen the slightest danger that night, we would have done otherwise," concluded Gerry.

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Search for Maddie costs 3 million Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Search for Maddie costs 3 million Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Search for Maddie costs 3 million Empty Re: Search for Maddie costs 3 million

Post  chrissie1 Sat 22 Oct - 13:26

The police will not investigate any further until new clues are found, they have gone as far as they can. The evidence says she died in the apartment, no amount of money can change that
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :
Search for Maddie costs 3 million Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Search for Maddie costs 3 million Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 22 Oct - 13:31

It might be interesting for McCann to explain his interpretation of the word "Searching"..... Oh yes, and did he find it appropriate for his wife, Madeleine's mother, to refuse to answer questions which may have contributed to the "Search."

What is wrong with the people giving interviews to this pair of self confessed child neglecters? Why don't they ask them questions that need answering?

If Cameron does nothing else he should make sure this evil pair are brought to account for their actions.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 22 Oct - 13:37

Thanks Annabel,

3 million Euros on searching?.......who are they trying to kid when everyone knows most went on Legal Fees. Richard Branson pledged £100,000
ONLY IF THEY WERE CHARGED, I don"t think he handed any money over, J. K Rowling donated to the NOTW £2 million Fund for information
leading to the return of Madeleine, this has never brought any information .

Slagging off the Portugese again is not going to help when they have to go to Portugal next February.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Search for Maddie costs 3 million Empty Search for Madeleine cost 3 million.

Post  tigger Sat 22 Oct - 14:48

OK, McCanns, are you listening? As soon as you publish full and audited accounts of your Company (It is NOT a Fund) stating exactly where the money has gone and why, I wil donate all my earthly goods to your cause.

But mind, every single penny has to be accounted for. That includes all the cash sent to you by schoolchildren and pensioners and people hugely less well off than you were when you managed to lose your child.

Because I remember Metodo 3 saying they received around 50.000 euros from you whilst it was said that hundreds of thousands were paid.It's really, really important to get little niggles with zeros right, because I found the taxman ever so difficult if you don't.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 22 Oct - 15:20

tigger wrote:OK, McCanns, are you listening? As soon as you publish full and audited accounts of your Company (It is NOT a Fund) stating exactly where the money has gone and why, I wil donate all my earthly goods to your cause.

But mind, every single penny has to be accounted for. That includes all the cash sent to you by schoolchildren and pensioners and people hugely less well off than you were when you managed to lose your child.

Because I remember Metodo 3 saying they received around 50.000 euros from you whilst it was said that hundreds of thousands were paid.It's really, really important to get little niggles with zeros right, because I found the taxman ever so difficult if you don't.

Tigger, I hate to disappoint you but you will never see detailed accounts for the Fund. They issue Annual Accounts sent to Companies House
but they contain the minimum information, no breakdown of expenses, no Directors Fees etc which is a far cry from the transparency John
McCann proimised. They can get away with it because it is a Private Company. BTW. the Company pays 22% Corporation Tax which of
course will further delpete the Royalties.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  HiDeHo Sat 22 Oct - 16:24

There is a lot they could do that would not use a penny of 'fund' money....

It costs nothing to open a free forum...

Enlist the help of people worldwide that care about Madeleine...

Ask the help of volunteers to translate the files and include them in a 'Police Files' section of the forum.

Encourage everyone with different expertise and specialties to help scrutinise the files for any clue about what may have happened to Madeleine...

Look for trusted individuals to monitor and moderate the forum to prevent abusive individuals accessing the forum and creating disruption.

Create threads of different topics and encourage everyone to input according to their interest in the case.

If there is an abductor 'out there', nothing better to have a network of people all over the world giving their help.

OR

Open a website and Facebook page to allow lots of people to give lots of encouragement, without actually making any contribution to the search....
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 22 Oct - 17:45

"I never cease to feel guilty. If we had seen the slightest danger that night, we would have done otherwise," concluded Gerry.

O.K. So leaving three babies alone in a unknown village in an unlocked apartment at the side of a road in a foreign country, doesn't ring the 'danger' signals, what does? Perhaps the portuguese people shouldn't be allowed out with out a 'sticker'on their forehead. ie. paedo, gay, murderer, ..etc. just to make things clear? After all JT said it was a local who took her, not a holidaymaker.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Sat 22 Oct - 19:45

Panda wrote:
tigger wrote:OK, McCanns, are you listening? As soon as you publish full and audited accounts of your Company (It is NOT a Fund) stating exactly where the money has gone and why, I wil donate all my earthly goods to your cause.

Tigger, I hate to disappoint you but you will never see detailed accounts for the Fund. They issue Annual Accounts sent to Companies House
but they contain the minimum information, no breakdown of expenses, no Directors Fees etc which is a far cry from the transparency John
McCann proimised. They can get away with it because it is a Private Company. BTW. the Company pays 22% Corporation Tax which of
course will further delpete the Royalties.
That's very true, but not being obliged to publish a full breakdown of where the Fund money has gone doesn't mean they can't publish this information voluntarily. In fact, anyone who really wanted the support of the public, and especially an end to the speculation in many quarters as to exactly where all the money has gone, would automatically make full disclosure of these facts. So why don't they? Why have the details been kept hidden from the general public?

They could easily put a full breakdown on their website of all money received, whether in donations, earnings from book and interviews and online shop, damages from newspapers and anything else. They could then make sure it's published in all the newspapers, something I'm sure the press would be more than happy to do. I presume their Fund has a full breakdown of all this information, so why not share the details with the public?
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sat 22 Oct - 21:31

And remember in their blurb on the website they say

" An experienced Fund Administrator has been appointed to ensure the highest standards of transparency and accountability. This should enable the Directors to maintain an appropriate governance distance in the day-to-day operations of the Fund."

"transparency" & "accountability" Where??

How dare they say that when all they do is give the legal minimum disclosure required by ANY Limited Company in the UK.

By those standard Marks & Spencers, Primark, Matthew Freud Communications etc do the same.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down