Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay

+25
kathybelle
MaryB
wjk
kitti
AnnaEsse
joyce1938
Claudia79
jassi
Panda
dutchclogs
LJC
duncanmac
mossman
interested
jeanmonroe
chrissie
dazedandconfused
pennylane
wantthetruth
tanszi
fred
saloongirl
Karen
ann_chovey
Chris
29 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 Empty Re: Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay

Post  kathybelle Thu 19 Jun - 19:21

malena stool wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
jassi wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
Iris wrote:

I stand corrected!  But he is still called DOCTOR and should be referred to with his proper title.  The McCanns don't have doctorates either.  They have degrees in medicine, which entitles them to be called Doctor so it's kind of the same thing.  Their degrees are no better than Dr Amarals, just before anybody starts getting all snobby about it.  Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 294124 

Good morning Iris Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 Icon_flower 

I once read that Gerry McCann is classed as Mister, now he is a Consultant.

I have a title for this vile creep, which is a more suitable  title than Mister. Unfortunately I'd have to resort to the same gutter language that he and his equally vile wife use, if I put the word on here. By the way because I believe in equality for men and women, I have given her the same title.

When I've listened to the McCanns speak, and witnessed their behaviour, when things are not going their way, I wonder how the pair of them ever managed to get a degree in medicine, let alone jobs in medicine.

We all know that Goncalo Amaral, has been put through the mill by the McCanns, the British media and others, who for reasons best known to themselves, support the McCanns. He has never once lost his rag when he has been interviewed, he has behaved in a dignified way throughout.

One of the reasons he behaves this way, is because he has been brought up to behave this way. However in my opinion,  he also behaves this way, because he doesn't want to be an embarrassment to his children and he wants to show them, that it is always better to behave in a dignified way, when things aren't going the way they should do.

Wrong. Only surgeons are referred to as Mr.  Gerry is a Physician.

Hi Jassi

Thank you, for putting me right. I read that Gerry McCann was addressed as Mr., on a forum and that was because someone called him a doctor and another poster said that as a hospital consultant he was addressed as  Mr.

However in my opinion, Gerry McCann isn't worthy of any title within medicine, in fact he should not be working in medicine. Along with his wife, he has portrayed a cavalier attitude towards Madeleine's disappearance and if he can portray that kind of an attitude towards Madeleine, especially when along with his wife, he is the root cause of her disappearance, then I shudder to think what kind of an attitude he has towards patients in his care.

When Gerry McCann, returned to work, as an arguido, his boss publicly stated, that he would not take part in the day to day care of patients, he would be working on a project. I like to think that if he is still employed in that hospital, he is still not taking part in the day to day care of patients.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry kathybelle, it seems he's he's still there, as large as life and still with a flat head.

http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/cardiovascular-sciences/people/mccann

Dr Gerry McCann
Consultant Cardiologist/Honorary Senior Lecturer

BSc (Physiology/Sports Science), University of Glasgow, 1989
MB ChB University of Glasgow, 1992
MRCP (UK), 1995
Dip.Sp.Med., Scottish Royal Colleges, 1997
MD University of Glasgow, 2002

Tel: 0116 204 4750

Email: gerry.mccann@uhl-tr.nhs.uk

Address: Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Cardiovascular Research Centre, Glenfield General Hospital, Leicester, LE3 9QP

For general enquiries please email Sarah Sayer, Secretary, or telephone 0116 258 3977

Research Interests

Pathophysiological consequences of myocardial dysfunction
Cardiac imaging especially cardiac MRI

Assessment of myocardial function (both left and right ventricular)/remodeling

External Positions

Royal College of Physicians Representative on the Health Protection Agency- Medical Practices Subcommittee on CT scanning in Asymptomatic Subjects. April 2006-June 2008

Board Member British Society of Cardiovascular MRI (BSCMR) April 2008-present

Inaugural Council Member British Heart Valve Society (BHVS) 2010-present

Key Publications

McCann GP, Steadman CD, Ray SG, Newby DE; on behalf of the British Heart Valve Society. Managing the asymptomatic patient with severe aortic stenosis: randomised controlled trials of early surgery are overdue. Heart. 2011 Jul 97 14 1119-21

Steadman CD, Ray S, Ng LL, McCann GP. Natriuretic peptides in common valvular heart disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010 May 11 55 19 2034-48

Nijveldt R, Germans T, McCann GP, Beek AM, van Rossum AC. Semi-quantitative assessment of right ventricular function in comparison to a 3D volumetric approach: a cardiovascular magnetic resonance study. Eur Radiol. 2008 Nov;18(11):2399-405. Epub 2008 Jun 4.

McCann GP, Van Dockum WG, Beek AM, Nijveldt R, Ten Cate FJ, Ten Berg JM, Van Rossum AC. Extent of myocardial infarction and reverse remodeling assessed by cardiac magnetic resonance in patients with and without right bundle branch block following alcohol septal ablation for obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Am J Cardiol. 2007 Feb 15;99(4):563-7. Epub 2007 Jan 2.

McCann GP, Gan CT, Beek AM, Niessen HW, Vonk Noordegraaf A, van Rossum AC. Extent of MRI delayed enhancement of myocardial mass is related to right ventricular dysfunction in pulmonary artery hypertension. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2007 Feb;188(2):349-55.

Bondarenko O, Beek AM, Nijveldt R, McCann GP, van Dockum WG, Hofman MB, Twisk JW, Visser CA, van Rossum AC.  Functional outcome after revascularization in patients with chronic ischemic heart disease: a quantitative late gadolinium enhancement CMR study evaluating transmural scar extent, wall thickness and periprocedural necrosis. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2007;9(5):815-21.

Gan CT, McCann GP, Marcus JT, van Wolferen SA, Twisk JW, Boonstra A, Postmus PE, Vonk-Noordegraaf A. NT-proBNP reflects right ventricular structure and function in pulmonary hypertension. Eur Respir J. 2006 Dec;28(6):1190-4. Epub 2006 Sep 13.

McCann GP, Beek AM, Vonk-Noordegraaf A, van Rossum AC. Delayed contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging in pulmonary arterial hypertension. Circulation. 2005 Oct 18;112(16):e268.

McCann GP, Hillis WS. Surgery in asymptomatic aortic stenosis. BMJ. 2004 Jan 10;328(7431):63-4.

McCann GP, Muir DF, Hillis WS. Athletic left ventricular hypertrophy: long-term studies are required. Eur Heart J. 2000 Mar;21(5):351-3.

Hi Malena  Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 Icon_flower 

Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 87849 Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 389741 
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 Empty Re: Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay

Post  kitti Thu 19 Jun - 19:24

Just think, if he had not hid Madeleines body everything would be different now...

There's would be NO Dr Gerry....just plain old Gerry McCann
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 19 Jun - 19:28

Claudia79 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Iris wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Iris wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
duncanmac wrote: I dont believe there has been any fallout,I think the dismissal of his lawyer was an agreed tactic as Mr Amaral, as a qualified lawyer is probably capable of giving his own summing up.

GA has a degree in law. He isn't a lawyer.
The correct title I believe is DOCTOR Amaral as he has a Doctorate in Law.

Actually, Iris, everybody who has a degree here is called doctor (silly, I know). But I think GA has a masters, not a PhD.

I stand corrected!  But he is still called DOCTOR and should be referred to with his proper title.  The McCanns don't have doctorates either.  They have degrees in medicine, which entitles them to be called Doctor so it's kind of the same thing.  Their degrees are no better than Dr Amarals, just before anybody starts getting all snobby about it.  Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 294124 

Personally, I dislike titles. There's a cultural reason why here everybody with a degree is called 'Doutor'. Before we were a democracy only very few people were able to go to University because only rich people could afford it. They were all called 'Doutores' because it was rare and it was kind of a deference. Fortunately, things have changed a lot. Since we became a democracy education was guaranteed to everybody, with or without money, and those who couldn't afford Uni were given scholarships so the financial situation wouldn't stop anyone from studying if they wished so. Many people started going to Uni, many people had degrees and it was 'established' that if the rich ones from the past were called 'doutores' so should all the others. Personally I think that tittle should only be given to Medical doctors and people with PhDs. But it's a lost cause because as much as I repeat that my name is Cláudia, as soon as it is know that I have an academic background, there the 'doutora' comes. I know a very sweet man who owns a newsagent shop and who knows me since I was about twelve. He saw me grow up and he knew I went to Uni. Once he bumped into my mother and she told him I had already finished Uni. From that moment on I was 'senhora doutora' although every time he called me that I told him 'It's Cláudia'. One of those times when he called me 'doutora' I told him 'my name is Cláudia' to which he replied 'I'm sorry, doutora Cláudia.'   Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 23324 

I was a student at the time when it was possible to get a grant rather than a loan to study in England. As part of my course, I was funded to spend some time at the university of Caen in Normandy. We English students all had grants which paid for dinner tickets every day we were there. It soon became clear to us that there were a lot of poor French students, who didn't have the luxury of a grant because when we took our lunch trays back, there were students waiting to pick trays off that still had food on them. We spoke to a few of them and they said it was the only way they got a meal and paid their tuition fees.

The lunch buffet was for an all-in price and it was help yourself. So we did! We would heap our plates up with extra food that we put to one side. That way, the waiting French students got some food that hadn't been touched!

Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 307691 

Thanks Claudia. It was awful seeing those students waiting for half-eaten food. They had my admiration for trying to get through their education on very little money.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 19 Jun - 19:34

Claudia79 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Iris wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Actually, Iris, everybody who has a degree here is called doctor (silly, I know). But I think GA has a masters, not a PhD.

Personally, I dislike titles. There's a cultural reason why here everybody with a degree is called 'Doutor'. Before we were a democracy only very few people were able to go to University because only rich people could afford it. They were all called 'Doutores' because it was rare and it was kind of a deference. Fortunately, things have changed a lot. Since we became a democracy education was guaranteed to everybody, with or without money, and those who couldn't afford Uni were given scholarships so the financial situation wouldn't stop anyone from studying if they wished so. Many people started going to Uni, many people had degrees and it was 'established' that if the rich ones from the past were called 'doutores' so should all the others. Personally I think that tittle should only be given to Medical doctors and people with PhDs. But it's a lost cause because as much as I repeat that my name is Cláudia, as soon as it is know that I have an academic background, there the 'doutora' comes. I know a very sweet man who owns a newsagent shop and who knows me since I was about twelve. He saw me grow up and he knew I went to Uni. Once he bumped into my mother and she told him I had already finished Uni. From that moment on I was 'senhora doutora' although every time he called me that I told him 'It's Cláudia'. One of those times when he called me 'doutora' I told him 'my name is Cláudia' to which he replied 'I'm sorry, doutora Cláudia.'   Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 23324 

I was a student at the time when it was possible to get a grant rather than a loan to study in England. As part of my course, I was funded to spend some time at the university of Caen in Normandy. We English students all had grants which paid for dinner tickets every day we were there. It soon became clear to us that there were a lot of poor French students, who didn't have the luxury of a grant because when we took our lunch trays back, there were students waiting to pick trays off that still had food on them. We spoke to a few of them and they said it was the only way they got a meal and paid their tuition fees.

The lunch buffet was for an all-in price and it was help yourself. So we did! We would heap our plates up with extra food that we put to one side. That way, the waiting French students got some food that hadn't been touched!

Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 307691 

Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 307691 + a  Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 Icon_flower  from me as well AnnaEsse. Those French students, will never forget the kindness of yourself, along with your fellow students.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Sat 21 Jun - 12:35

A good reason that the macs were so furious ,was I think , They knew both had got permission to speak at this libel ,and they also may have known mr amaral had possably not appealed and got the right to speak also ,now if maybe his lawyer didn't apply for him to also speak ,that might be cause he was dismissed by amaral ,and that's why they m were so mad ,if this needs to be deleted that's fine ,don't want to make problem for this site.joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 21 Jun - 12:47

joyce1938 wrote:A good reason that the macs were so furious ,was I think , They knew both had got permission to speak at this libel ,and they also may have known mr amaral had possably not appealed and got the right to speak also ,now if maybe his lawyer didn't apply for him to also speak ,that might be cause he was dismissed by amaral ,and that's why they m were so mad ,if this needs to be deleted that's fine ,don't want to make problem for this site.joyce1938

This could be the case Joyce (don't see why it has to be deleted, it's an opinion, that's still allowed in this country last time I checked  Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 40481 ) but I am much more inclined to think it's some sort of tactical move that the lawyer is party to (and maybe even advised). If it is, he's hardly likely to come out and say so! Dr Amaral has been looking great in the past few weeks, happy and confident, putting a big "Victory" picture on his FB the night before. He knows exactly what he's doing. The McCanns, on the other hand, look anything but. Kate looked like a snivelling hag in a grey prison dress and that husband of hers, puffed up like a bullfrog, just looked like a ridiculous wee boy having a tantrum because he didn't get his own way.

Whatever/whoever protected them before is not there any longer, and they know it. It's only a matter of time now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 21 Jun - 14:32

Iris wrote:
joyce1938 wrote:A good reason that the macs were so furious ,was I think , They knew both had got permission to speak at this libel ,and they also may have known mr amaral had possably not appealed and got the right to speak also ,now if maybe his lawyer didn't apply for him to also speak ,that might be cause he was dismissed by amaral ,and that's why they m were so mad ,if this needs to be deleted that's fine ,don't want to make problem for this site.joyce1938

This could be the case Joyce (don't see why it has to be deleted, it's an opinion, that's still allowed in this country last time I checked  Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 40481 ) but I am much more inclined to think it's some sort of tactical move that the lawyer is party to (and maybe even advised).  If it is, he's hardly likely to come out and say so!  Dr Amaral has been looking great in the past few weeks, happy and confident, putting a big "Victory" picture on his FB the night before.  He knows exactly what he's doing.  The McCanns, on the other hand, look anything but.  Kate looked like a snivelling hag in a grey prison dress and that husband of hers, puffed up like a bullfrog, just looked like a ridiculous wee boy having a tantrum because he didn't get his own way.  

Whatever/whoever protected them before is not there any longer, and they know it.  It's only a matter of time now.  

And Kate McCann outside the court looked as though she couldn't understand why she wasn't being given her pocket money! She just looked totally perplexed with the look my cat gets when she's not happy with what's in her bowl!  Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 23324 
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 21 Jun - 14:35

AnnaEsse wrote:
Iris wrote:

This could be the case Joyce (don't see why it has to be deleted, it's an opinion, that's still allowed in this country last time I checked  Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 40481 ) but I am much more inclined to think it's some sort of tactical move that the lawyer is party to (and maybe even advised).  If it is, he's hardly likely to come out and say so!  Dr Amaral has been looking great in the past few weeks, happy and confident, putting a big "Victory" picture on his FB the night before.  He knows exactly what he's doing.  The McCanns, on the other hand, look anything but.  Kate looked like a snivelling hag in a grey prison dress and that husband of hers, puffed up like a bullfrog, just looked like a ridiculous wee boy having a tantrum because he didn't get his own way.  

Whatever/whoever protected them before is not there any longer, and they know it.  It's only a matter of time now.  

And Kate McCann outside the court looked as though she couldn't understand why she wasn't being given her pocket money! She just looked totally perplexed with the look my cat gets when she's not happy with what's in her bowl!  Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 23324 
Shame on you Anna, feeding your cat the same fare as the McCanns feed Kate.... Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 294124 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 21 Jun - 14:47

malena stool wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Iris wrote:

Shame on you Anna, feeding your cat the same fare as the McCanns feed Kate.... Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 294124 

Rest assured that my cats are not fed on bile!  Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 613255 
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 21 Jun - 14:48

AnnaEsse wrote:
malena stool wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Iris wrote:

Rest assured that my cats are not fed on bile!  Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 613255 
 Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 23324 Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 23324 Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 613255 Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 307691 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 21 Jun - 14:59

The scariest thing about Kate's performance was that I really do think that she actually, truly believes the shite that comes out of her own mouth! That Dr Amaral really did scupper the trial four times, that he really is pursuing a personal vendetta, that he really is making her look for childcare and that he really has, deliberately, "harmed the search" for Madeleine. I don't think that Kate IS acting any more. I think she's been acting for so long now that her "act" has become the truth, for her anyway. She's certifiable. God help those poor twins.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 21 Jun - 15:05

And the fact that she blames him not only for people not looking for Madeleine and stating she is dead BUT also blaming him for doing the same in other missing children's cases.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 21 Jun - 15:17

kitti wrote:And the fact that she blames him not only for people not looking for Madeleine and stating she is dead BUT also blaming him for doing the same in other missing children's cases.

Yes.  She is a woman on a mission, to destroy him at all costs, using any means possible.  She really does believe if she destroys the monster, the world will be full of Madeleine and rainbows and unicorns again. If that were me, I'd be putting all my energy into finding my child, and wouldn't give a toss who said what in a book. She's mental and wants locking up for her own safety, and that of the twins.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 21 Jun - 15:45

AnnaEsse wrote:
malena stool wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Iris wrote:

Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 23324 Good one, Anna  Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 613255 Mccanns angry over cynical libel trial delay  - Page 5 613255 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidA Sat 21 Jun - 18:14

Iris wrote:
kitti wrote:And the fact that she blames him not only for people not looking for Madeleine and stating she is dead BUT also blaming him for doing the same in other missing children's cases.
Yes.  She is a woman on a mission, to destroy him at all costs, using any means possible.  She really does believe if she destroys the monster, the world will be full of Madeleine and rainbows and unicorns again.  If that were me, I'd be putting all my energy into finding my child, and wouldn't give a toss who said what in a book.  She's mental and wants locking up for her own safety, and that of the twins.

I do not think that the McCanns are trying to destroy Amaral because they think it will bring Madeleine back or make a better world.

I think they are doing this because they have to, to continue the performance, a performance that started with the fast suggestion that Madeleine was abducted. I have noticed that they do not stop. I think this is because they can not stop. If they stop, then they will need to be completely out of the media or they can make a mistake.

About the lawyer, I also agree that the lawyer was part of the decision. The statement that the lawyer made was very good for Mr Amaral. He spoke not as someone who was dismissed but as someone who still was working for Amaral.
DavidA
DavidA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 385
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 21 Jun - 19:01

Shaking with rage and close to tears because they had to take time of work and arrange baby sitters. And yet coming out of a church beaming and all smiles days after Madeleine went missing. It totally defies logic.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 21 Jun - 19:18

MaryB wrote:Shaking with rage and close to tears because they had to take time of work and arrange baby sitters.  And yet coming out of a church beaming and all smiles days after Madeleine went missing.  It totally defies logic.  

Hi Mary

If the McCanns were so innocent, they would never have agreed to a fund being set up. This was spoken about, while Madeleine's bed was still warm and by the time  she had been missing for two weeks, the fund was up and running. Portuguese tax payers, were funding the investigation and there was a reward in place for the person who could either give information to her whereabouts or find her.

It's as if everyone connected to the fund, as well the British Government and the McCanns wealthy backers, all knew that Madeleine was never going to be found, dead or alive and the McCanns would need funds while they stayed in PDL and took steps to save their own skins.

Last edited by kathybelle on Sun 22 Jun - 1:57; edited 1 time in total
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 21 Jun - 19:20

MaryB wrote:Shaking with rage and close to tears because they had to take time of work and arrange baby sitters.  And yet coming out of a church beaming and all smiles days after Madeleine went missing.  It totally defies logic.  
Yes Mary, but they did have lots and lots of lovely cash to look forward to counting and bus loads of real celebs were queuing up to meet them.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sat 21 Jun - 19:41

I too believe that it was a tactical move. And I agree about the action of his (ex)lawyer too.
And if we are correct, then bravo! The McCanns have been playing fast and loose with Mr Amaral's life for years.
They care not a jot that his assets are frozen. Assets which have been honestly earned.
Or that he had to seek a divorce to protect his family.
Or that he has had to rely on the generosity of friends to get by.
And anyone that states publicly that they want him to 'be miserable and feel fear' is not a member of the human race as I know it.
So if tactical, for what purpose? We can only guess as we are not party to such decisions.
The final whistle on this trial will (crossed fingers) be blown on July 10th. IIRC, August is the month for the judicial holidays. Would a judge evaluate a case and come to a decision during the holidays? I have no idea. Even after the holidays she will have other cases to deal with too, I assume.
Of course, if things had gone as planned on June 16th, the evaluation and decision may have come earlier.
If the purpose is to buy a little time, then what is going to happen in the interim?
Who knows? But I will be keeping a close eye on the timing, for example, of any Met press release that might appear, or a sudden McCann media blitz. Or even a Pinteresque silence.
I'm not convinced that the reason for the latest bombshell was merely to expose the McCanns' ongoing disregard for the Streisand Effect in public. I do however concede that it was a glorious spin-off.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 21 Jun - 20:04

DavidA wrote:
Iris wrote:
Yes.  She is a woman on a mission, to destroy him at all costs, using any means possible.  She really does believe if she destroys the monster, the world will be full of Madeleine and rainbows and unicorns again.  If that were me, I'd be putting all my energy into finding my child, and wouldn't give a toss who said what in a book.  She's mental and wants locking up for her own safety, and that of the twins.

I do not think that the McCanns are trying to destroy Amaral because they think it will bring Madeleine back or make a better world.

I think they are doing this because they have to, to continue the performance, a performance that started with the fast suggestion that Madeleine was abducted. I have noticed that they do not stop. I think this is because they can not stop. If they stop, then they will need to be completely out of the media or they can make a mistake.

About the lawyer, I also agree that the lawyer was part of the decision. The statement that the lawyer made was very good for Mr Amaral. He spoke not as someone who was dismissed but as someone who still was working for Amaral.

But I did not say "The McCanns", David. I said KATE. I think Gerry must realise by now that he's shackled for life to a bunny boiler. But their shared secrets mean that neither of them can ever ditch the other.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidA Sat 21 Jun - 20:48

Iris wrote:
DavidA wrote:
Iris wrote:

But I did not say "The McCanns", David.  I said KATE.  I think Gerry must realise by now that he's shackled for life to a bunny boiler.  But their shared secrets mean that neither of them can ever ditch the other.

Ok. But I think the same comment I made also is true for Kate in my opinion. I want to say that I do not think she is doing these things to make a better situation. I think she has started a process that now she cannot end. I think if she or Gerry try to stop these actions, they will risk that the focus will return only to them and then people will start to ask questions again. I do not believe they are secure enough to be thinking about destroying Amaral. I think he is only another distraction they can use.

There was an amount of time where people were not talking about them (maybe 2 years ago). They were also quiet, maybe because they decided they were now safe, But then the stories started again and they had to continue their process again.
DavidA
DavidA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 385
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sat 21 Jun - 20:56

I agree DavidA. They have to keep going now, they dare not stop and that is their perpetual hell for what they did.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5