Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cruise Ship passengers complain about Maddie Mural

+3
Panda
Keela
kitti
7 posters

Go down

Cruise Ship passengers complain about Maddie Mural Empty Cruise Ship passengers complain about Maddie Mural

Post  winjoy Thu 4 Sep - 13:48

winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 130
Warning :
Cruise Ship passengers complain about Maddie Mural Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cruise Ship passengers complain about Maddie Mural Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

Cruise Ship passengers complain about Maddie Mural Empty Re: Cruise Ship passengers complain about Maddie Mural

Post  kitti Thu 4 Sep - 13:54

Quite right too.

You don't want your child asking about it every time you walk past it...it's not right.

Same as when You go to the cinema....you don't want to be bombarded with adverts off gloom.. You go there to forget
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Cruise Ship passengers complain about Maddie Mural Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cruise Ship passengers complain about Maddie Mural Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Cruise Ship passengers complain about Maddie Mural Empty Re: Cruise Ship passengers complain about Maddie Mural

Post  chrissie Thu 4 Sep - 14:03

What a ridiculous thing to have on a cruise ship. I can't imagine why P&O would have approved that. People are going away to relax and enjoy themselves, not be reminded of a holiday where a little girl disappeared.

chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Thu 4 Sep - 14:09

It's only like the huge poster which was in the arrivals hall at Blackpool Airport. It has been removed now as presumably they realise that she isn't coming home and in any event it would be worthless looking for her as she would bear no resemblance to the poster now. What is the point of putting something like that on a cruise ship. I doubt that she would be on the cruise and people have moved on now and it is part of history. I doubt whether the vast majority of people even think about the case, even fleetingly.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 4 Sep - 15:16

The Mail Online now has the same story - "P&O passenger outraged as child-friendly cruise ship displays 'odd' artwork featuring story about missing Madeleine McCann".

If I was a child looking at the "artwork", my question would be "Why are Madeleine's parents laughing, are they happy she is missing?"
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 4 Sep - 16:20

interested wrote:The Mail Online now has the same story - "P&O passenger outraged as child-friendly cruise ship displays 'odd' artwork featuring story about missing Madeleine McCann".

If I was a child looking at the "artwork", my question would be "Why are Madeleine's parents laughing, are they happy she is missing?"

Whatever it is interested,it is in bad taste. The McCanns probably thought it was a good idea because Cruise Passengers might have identified her when they went on shore in foreign ports and took photos of the poor child.Cruise Ship passengers complain about Maddie Mural 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 4 Sep - 16:36

Panda wrote:
interested wrote:The Mail Online now has the same story - "P&O passenger outraged as child-friendly cruise ship displays 'odd' artwork featuring story about missing Madeleine McCann".

Whatever it is interested,it is in bad taste. The McCanns probably thought it was a good idea because Cruise Passengers might have identified her when they went on shore in foreign ports and took photos of the poor child.Cruise Ship passengers complain about Maddie Mural 25346  

I agree, the "artwork" is inappropriate, someone is guilty of very poor judgment.  The man mentioned was quite right to be disgusted/distressed by it.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 4 Sep - 16:50

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 4 Sep - 16:55

Panda wrote:

The McCanns had nothing to do with it Panda. It was a mural put together by an artist which P&O used.

As interested said, surprising the photos chosen to be used of the parents smiling and laughing. A subliminal message maybe?
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 4 Sep - 17:19

Panda wrote:

"Poor child" followed by a grin smiley is in pretty bad taste as well. JMHO.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 4 Sep - 17:54

I was one of the unfortunate people who took four kids to see Shrek 2, only to be confronted by that awful Maddie advert in the Odeon. My own were fine after a bit of reassurance, my neighbour's wee boy was not. He was terrified somebody would steal him in the dark of the cinema. I demanded my money back from the cinema manager and I got it, too. And I would be doing exactly the same thing if I had booked a cruise with P&O and came across that on the boat, on a holiday I'd saved up for all year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 4 Sep - 18:50

chrissie wrote:
Panda wrote:

The McCanns had nothing to do with it Panda.  It was a mural put together by an artist which P&O used.  

As interested said, surprising the photos chosen to be used of the parents smiling and laughing.  A subliminal message maybe?

Regarding the subliminal message - I notice the man mentioned in the article is quoted as saying, "We found depicting the ANGUISH of a family at their child's abduction a very odd subject to have on a child-friendly boat."  I think HE might have been sending a subliminal message himself.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  winjoy Thu 4 Sep - 19:01

Maybe he didn't want to be Carter Rucked interested?!
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 130
Warning :

Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 4 Sep - 21:15

good on the man that complained. Hes right, when I go on holiday I don't want to be reminded of all horrible things that have happened over the years. ive got enough of my own if I want to dwell on them, don't want to see that at least once a day every day.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down