Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forensic scientists to join British police in McCann investigation - The Guardian

+12
margaret
maebee
interested
LJC
jassi
kitti
jinvta
fred
tanszi
chrissie
Angelina
mara thon
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Forensic scientists to join British police in McCann investigation - The Guardian - Page 2 Empty Re: Forensic scientists to join British police in McCann investigation - The Guardian

Post  jassi Wed 15 Oct - 21:32

No, the dogs are clearly just McCann haters.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
Forensic scientists to join British police in McCann investigation - The Guardian - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Forensic scientists to join British police in McCann investigation - The Guardian - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Forensic scientists to join British police in McCann investigation - The Guardian - Page 2 Empty Re: Forensic scientists to join British police in McCann investigation - The Guardian

Post  LJC Wed 15 Oct - 23:30

kitti wrote:Oh I see and the dogs alerting in the wardrobe and behind the settee and in the flowerbed AGAIN will be a 'coincidence' then.

I don't think any more searches in the apartment would be carried out for that reason. But I am no expert.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
Forensic scientists to join British police in McCann investigation - The Guardian - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Forensic scientists to join British police in McCann investigation - The Guardian - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 16 Oct - 0:15

I hope the review of the evidence includes the pictures that were taken which indicate the blue sports bag (which the McCanns deny they had with them) and Madeleine's pink blanket.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Thu 16 Oct - 0:37

jassi wrote:No, the dogs are clearly just McCann haters.

Forensic scientists to join British police in McCann investigation - The Guardian - Page 2 25346 Forensic scientists to join British police in McCann investigation - The Guardian - Page 2 25346 Forensic scientists to join British police in McCann investigation - The Guardian - Page 2 25346
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 16 Oct - 9:10

jassi wrote:No, the dogs are clearly just McCann haters.

They must be very clever, though. They can apparently read posters in cars.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 16 Oct - 16:12

Well,all l will say is if the PJ do let SY have those samples then the two investigations must be running parallel, NO WAY would Portugal trust them otherwise.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Oct - 12:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wokexVxwXoY

Claudia, when you have time, please could you tell us the gist of this report? Many thanks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 17 Oct - 13:12

Not Born Yesterday wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wokexVxwXoY

Claudia, when you have time, please could you tell us the gist of this report? Many thanks.

It just speaks about the possibility of the forensic evidence being re-tested and the meeting between SY and the Portuguese forensic institute which tested the evidence for the first time to discuss which techniques were used at the time.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 17 Oct - 18:42

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Thank you. Forensic scientists to join British police in McCann investigation - The Guardian - Page 2 944533

You're very welcomed.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sat 18 Oct - 4:34

Well I'm sure that forensic science has moved on since those samples were first tested. In fact I'm sure I've read that they can now work with material that contains a mixture of different dna samples (as I seem to think was the problem with whatever it was they found in the boot of the McCanns' car).
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Sat 18 Oct - 10:41

I would think the pj will be more than carefull to hand out all samples,to be tested . Maybe if big enough samples ,it would be possible to hand out a pieceof some ,definatly should not hand over the lot .We have waited for this moment for so long ,just maybe eh ???? hi Fuzeta. joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Sat 18 Oct - 14:20

Can anyone help me out here? Not sure if it was in a discussion on MF or on 3As or elsewhere...

I distinctly remember from years ago, from the first Portuguese investigation, the following being said about flat 5a

- that there was no sign of a break in
- that the flat was extremely clean
- that lots of friends and helpers had unfortunately been into it after Madeleine disappeared
- that there was, however, some 'strange' DNA 'in a place where it should not have been'

Hardly anything more was ever said about the last point, and people speculated whether this DNA was in the form of saliva, or blood, or something more sinister. Also it was never said exactly where it was found.

Could this be what is proposed to be re-investigated by SY and PJ together, or at least in agreement?
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 18 Oct - 14:35

comperedna wrote:Can anyone help me out here?  Not sure if it was in a discussion on MF or on 3As or elsewhere...

I distinctly remember from years ago, from the first Portuguese investigation, the following being said about flat 5a

- that there was no sign of a break in
- that the flat was extremely clean
- that lots of friends and helpers had unfortunately been into it after Madeleine disappeared
- that there was, however, some 'strange' DNA 'in a place where it should not have been'

Hardly anything more was ever said about the last point, and people speculated whether this DNA was in the form of saliva, or blood, or something more sinister. Also it was never said exactly where it was found.

Could this be what is proposed to be re-investigated by SY and PJ together, or at least in agreement?

i seem to recall blood being found underneath the floor tiles in the lounge but somewhat contaminated with bleach. maybe that's what you refer to as 'strange dna'.

Forensic scientists to join British police in McCann investigation - The Guardian - Page 2 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Sat 18 Oct - 15:42

I don't think that was it Marky. The blood in the grouting of the tiles was not what was being discussed. That need not have been in any way peculiar.

I still find it amazing that any flat lived in by three children and their parents for almost a week was not full of dribble, half washed kiddie drinking cups, half eaten biscuits, discarded clothing, small toys of all kinds and the amazing amount of stuff and mess kids bring on holiday and leave everywhere. NB I am not particularly untidy, but young children, give a holiday place a distinctively lived in appearance, and 5a looked in every one of the pictures of it, kind of bleak, empty, and unlived in.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 18 Oct - 19:54

comperedna wrote:I don't think that was it Marky. The blood in the grouting of the tiles was not what was being discussed. That need not have been in any way peculiar.

I still find it amazing that any flat lived in by three children and their parents for almost a week was not full of dribble, half washed kiddie drinking cups, half eaten biscuits, discarded clothing, small toys of all kinds and the amazing amount of stuff and mess kids bring on holiday and leave everywhere. NB I am not particularly untidy, but young children, give a holiday place a distinctively lived in appearance, and 5a looked in every one of the pictures of it, kind of bleak, empty, and unlived in.

the apartment would appear to been sanitised. Forensic scientists to join British police in McCann investigation - The Guardian - Page 2 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Sat 18 Oct - 23:21

I recall that somestain was found on bedspread ,seemed a bit odd ,thought it could be semen at one pointwhen looked at . It was said to be the bed of small child was what, we heard next,then no more was said I think .not certain it was proved at all . joyce 1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2