Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New slap in the face for Maddie parents: Cop wins fight for libel case appeal - Daily Star

4 posters

Go down

New slap in the face for Maddie parents:  Cop wins fight for libel case appeal - Daily Star Empty New slap in the face for Maddie parents: Cop wins fight for libel case appeal - Daily Star

Post  interested Sat 5 Sep - 1:14

"An ex-police officer fined for claiming Madeleine McCann's parents were behind her disappearance has won the right to an appeal..........."

The September 5th article is written by Jerry Lawton and states "Kate and Jerry are exasperated by this. It just drags on and on and causes them even more anguish."

I honestly didn't expect to see the appeal mentioned in the U.K. press. I hope other papers pick this up and elaborate on the details, which will hopefully generate more donations to the Defence Fund.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
New slap in the face for Maddie parents:  Cop wins fight for libel case appeal - Daily Star Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New slap in the face for Maddie parents:  Cop wins fight for libel case appeal - Daily Star Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

New slap in the face for Maddie parents:  Cop wins fight for libel case appeal - Daily Star Empty Re: New slap in the face for Maddie parents: Cop wins fight for libel case appeal - Daily Star

Post  frencheuropean Sat 5 Sep - 9:37

Also in the Mirror:

"A source close to Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry said: “They are pleased so many officers are still looking for Madeleine.”

But their battle to receive a £360,000 libel payout from a former Portuguese detective goes on after he won leave to appeal.

He claimed they were responsible for the death of Madeleine, three, who disappeared in 2007."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-cops-make-fresh-6385380
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :
New slap in the face for Maddie parents:  Cop wins fight for libel case appeal - Daily Star Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New slap in the face for Maddie parents:  Cop wins fight for libel case appeal - Daily Star Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

New slap in the face for Maddie parents:  Cop wins fight for libel case appeal - Daily Star Empty Re: New slap in the face for Maddie parents: Cop wins fight for libel case appeal - Daily Star

Post  interested Sat 5 Sep - 18:43

This article appears to me to have been "edited" since the one I read and mentioned last night. I wish I could be certain, but I recall the one I read had more "detail" which is now missing. (Sorry, I'm having a senior moment or two; I can't remember exactly what appears now to be "missing" but can't help but wonder if the McCanns and Carter-Ruck were not pleased with the original, which would add to their "exasperation".)
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 5 Sep - 18:45

Yes, someone said over on the Maddie McCann Mystery forum that the article had been edited after it first appeared.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 5 Sep - 19:06

[quote="Not Born Yesterday"]Yes, someone said over on the Maddie McCann Mystery forum that the article had been edited after it first appeared. [/quote

Thanks for that - it's good to hear I'm not "imagining". I guess it's too late to locate the original; it would be interesting to see what has been deleted.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 12 Sep - 16:30

They've had plenty off 'old' slap in the faces no doubt...perhaps the writer wishes someone would slap em in the face, who knows .
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 14 Sep - 18:24

Oh dear! Those poor McCanns still haven't got their hands on the money and now that awful police officer is being allowed his right to appeal!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down