Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Investigate the incinerated body thesis" - Goncalo Amaral

+4
interested
SteveT
mollydog
Badboy
8 posters

Go down

"Investigate the incinerated body thesis" - Goncalo Amaral Empty "Investigate the incinerated body thesis" - Goncalo Amaral

Post  interested Sun 24 Apr - 23:39

Joana Morais has posted a short transcript of Mr. Amaral's interview on this topic from the Correio da Manha Special "Maddie, the Mystery".

www.joana-morais.blogspot.com
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
"Investigate the incinerated body thesis" - Goncalo Amaral Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100"Investigate the incinerated body thesis" - Goncalo Amaral Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

"Investigate the incinerated body thesis" - Goncalo Amaral Empty Re: "Investigate the incinerated body thesis" - Goncalo Amaral

Post  Badboy Mon 25 Apr - 0:18

HTTP 404 CAN NOT BE FOUND.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8854
Warning :
"Investigate the incinerated body thesis" - Goncalo Amaral Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100"Investigate the incinerated body thesis" - Goncalo Amaral Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

"Investigate the incinerated body thesis" - Goncalo Amaral Empty Re: "Investigate the incinerated body thesis" - Goncalo Amaral

Post  interested Mon 25 Apr - 0:37

Badboy wrote:HTTP 404 CAN NOT BE FOUND.

It works for me.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 25 Apr - 0:40

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 25 Apr - 0:44

This is the first I've read about someone seeing people leaving 5a with a bag ... in the night ... and going into the church.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 25 Apr - 0:49

Wintabells wrote:This is the first I've read about someone seeing people leaving 5a with a bag ... in the night ... and going into the church.

Blue tennis bag perhaps.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 25 Apr - 1:01

I can't be sure of the exact details, but I seem to remember talk of possible incineration with the body of another deceased person about a month after Madeleine was reported missing. If this happened three weeks after, that would tie in with the dog alert to the rented car and the theory that Madeleine's little body had been refrigerated prior to cremation. I can't be more precise about the date but I'm sure this theory was mentioned years ago.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 25 Apr - 7:39

fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 25 Apr - 15:16

Many thanks to "fred" for the link to that excellent article. It is a good summary of how the UK press is determined to ignore the political interference and demonise anything that conflicts with the McCanns' version of events. It is mindboggling how the press have continued to support the abduction myth without any evidence of such; although lately there has been a trend towards "disappearance".

Earlier I commented on my memory of the cremation theory. I don't think this was as early as the Mirror forum; more likely it was discussed on 3A's. Hard to believe it's been almost nine years; my memory is not as clear as it was then. I dare say the McCanns were counting on all those who questioned their 'story' back in the early days would eventually move on to something else, or die off. Thankfully they haven't been able to kill the internet and more and more people have become suspicious of their involvement surrounding Madeleine's death and subsequent disappearance.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

"Investigate the incinerated body thesis" - Goncalo Amaral Empty investigate the incinerated bodies" Goncarlo Ammeral

Post  mollydog Mon 25 Apr - 16:32

Also a good reason the McCanns held KEYS to the Church !! obviously not just to Pray...hmm
mollydog
mollydog
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 64
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Mon 25 Apr - 16:47

I was beginning to think that things had ground to a halt, but this news sounds promising.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 25 Apr - 17:03

I'm back to thinking about Rev. Hubbard and his wife again. As the McCanns were described as Catholics, I remember back then thinking it odd that they formed such a close relationship with the Anglican clergyman to the extent that they were attending his services. I remember too, I think it was a year or so after Madeleine's 'disappearance' while on a visit to Canada to spend time with Kate's aunt, they also visited with the Hubbards who were residing in Canada at the time. It makes me wonder if the Hubbards might have played a crucial role in facilitating the disappearance of Madeleine's body if in fact Rev. Hubbard conducted the funeral service for the other deceased person.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 25 Apr - 19:06

What happens in Portugal with the remains of a person cremated - are they returned to family ?
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 25 Apr - 19:16

mossman wrote:What happens in Portugal with the remains of a person cremated - are they returned to family ?

I don't know what the procedure is in Portugal; but I do know that I've seen a picture of the McCanns' mantel which contained an object which might be considered to be an "urn".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 25 Apr - 20:23

mossman wrote:What happens in Portugal with the remains of a person cremated - are they returned to family ?

It is like the UK you can choose to keep the ashes or have them spread in the garden of peace in the grave yard. Cremation is a pretty new thing until the past few years it was usually a grave in the cemetary.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 25 Apr - 20:31

fred wrote:

It is like the UK you can choose to keep the ashes or have them spread in the garden of peace in the grave yard. Cremation is a pretty new thing until the past few years it was usually a grave in the cemetary.

Thank you Fred. "Investigate the incinerated body thesis" - Goncalo Amaral Icon_flower
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 26 Apr - 0:16

Ok, so now I've caught up a bit, it seems that there's a theory that Madeleine's body was put into the same coffin as that of an elderly woman who had died and was then cremated. Seems completely crazy to me, but there was certainly something very fishy about the McCanns constant visiting of the church. I clearly remember seeing footage of them entering, or exiting the church and Kate was extremely keen not to open the door too widely. It struck me as most peculiar.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Tue 26 Apr - 13:33

interested wrote:I'm back to thinking about Rev. Hubbard and his wife again.  As the McCanns were described as Catholics, I remember back then thinking it odd that they formed such a close relationship with the Anglican clergyman to the extent that they were attending his services.  I remember too, I think it was a year or so after Madeleine's 'disappearance' while on a visit to Canada to spend time with Kate's aunt, they also visited with the Hubbards who were residing in Canada at the time.  It makes me wonder if the Hubbards might have played a crucial role in facilitating the disappearance of Madeleine's body if in fact Rev. Hubbard conducted the funeral service for the other deceased person.

I agree with you. Rev Hubbard in later times was very upset and said that this had ruined him. What did he mean? He hotfootede it out of PDL pretty sharpish and hasn't been seen or heard of since. I have never ever known a priest or vicar to give the keys to the church to anyone who was not connected with the church. I am firmly of the belief that the poor old lady, lying in her coffin in the church and her family were unwitting pawns in this charade. I believe that Madeleine?s little body was beneath that of the old lady and they were both cremated together. You wouldn't disturb a body to look to see if there was anything else in the coffin and why would you??
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 26 Apr - 21:53

Keela wrote:
interested wrote:I'm back to thinking about Rev. Hubbard and his wife again.  As the McCanns were described as Catholics, I remember back then thinking it odd that they formed such a close relationship with the Anglican clergyman to the extent that they were attending his services.  I remember too, I think it was a year or so after Madeleine's 'disappearance' while on a visit to Canada to spend time with Kate's aunt, they also visited with the Hubbards who were residing in Canada at the time.  It makes me wonder if the Hubbards might have played a crucial role in facilitating the disappearance of Madeleine's body if in fact Rev. Hubbard conducted the funeral service for the other deceased person.

I agree with you. Rev Hubbard in later times was very upset and said that this had ruined him. What did he mean? He hotfootede it out of PDL pretty sharpish and hasn't been seen or heard of since. I have never ever known a priest or vicar to give the keys to the church to anyone who was not connected with the church. I am firmly of the belief that the poor old lady, lying in her coffin in the church and her family were unwitting pawns in this charade. I believe that Madeleine?s little body was beneath that of the old lady and they were both cremated together. You wouldn't disturb a body  to look to see if there was anything else in the coffin and why would you??

Wasn't it Father Pacheco who was ruined, he said he was betrayed by the McCanns and he later retired? Rev Hubbard and his wife Old Mother Hubbard were going round PDL putting pressure on witnesses to contact Kate.
I agree with the body of the old lady, it could have been easily done, all the funerals I have attended in Portugal have been an open coffin, but there was always a thick lace sheet covering the body, sometimes people would pull it down slightly to see the face of the deceased, but I never saw it taken off below further than the face, so it is highly possible that Madeleine could have been placed there.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Wed 27 Apr - 12:59

You are right, Fred. It was Father Pacheo who felt betrayed and said he was ruined. My mistake. The Hubbards were intent on drumming up support for the ghastly duo.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down