Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petition to investigate the fund

+7
dazedandconfused
pennylane
interested
gillyspot
Autumn
AnnaEsse
jay2001
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Petition to investigate the fund Empty Petition to investigate the fund

Post  jay2001 Sat 31 Mar - 20:06

Can't do links, but there's a petition by Peter Davies (Muttfan on twitter) on the care2 petition site to investigate the fund. If this has been discussed previously I couldn't see it. Strangely enough Peter Davies followed Jim Gamble in ceop. Don't know if it's the same person.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :
Petition to investigate the fund Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Petition to investigate the fund Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Petition to investigate the fund Empty Re: Petition to investigate the fund

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 31 Mar - 20:32

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Petition to investigate the fund Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Petition to investigate the fund Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 31 Mar - 20:35

Petitions virtually always prove to have no teeth - but I've signed it anyway.

What the heck.

Somebody with Jurisdiction, somewhere, sometime must surely realise there is much amiss.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sat 31 Mar - 20:36

27 signatures and only five from the UK. Is there really that much interest in the McCanns and their fund in other parts of the world?
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sat 31 Mar - 20:41

Am thinking it is another Peter Davies but we can still wish that it was the CEOP one.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Apr - 8:32

I seem to remember signing a Petition before now on the same subject, maybe this is a new one.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 1 Apr - 11:14

Panda, you may be thinking about the petition for a full enquiry into the case.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/289/petition-for-a-full-public-enquiry-into-the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-with-the-power-to/#13332747758871&action=udate&udata=false

I don't know of an earlier one about the fund. I wonder if it was influenced by this report that was published recently. http://www.mccannfiles.com/id405.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Apr - 11:28

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Panda, you may be thinking about the petition for a full enquiry into the case.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/289/petition-for-a-full-public-enquiry-into-the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-with-the-power-to/#13332747758871&action=udate&udata=false

I don't know of an earlier one about the fund. I wonder if it was influenced by this report that was published recently. http://www.mccannfiles.com/id405.html

Morning NBY, Yes, your'e right, it WAS the full enquiry Petition I signed. As for Enid O'Dowds Review , I think it is brilliant and she is a very clued up Lady. I did wonder if the Review was commissioned by someone to have been done so late in the day. From inception the Fund was suspect, all the
Directors being Family and Friends and no one experienced in searching for missing children.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 1 Apr - 11:30

I don't want to pith on anyone's parade, but this petition is a complete waste of time. You might as well organise a petition looking into how Richard Branson or Duncan Bannatyne spend their money. You wouldn't get an answer, and quite rightly so; it's private money, because it's a private company, whether we all like it or not. One thing the McCanns had in the early days was a very good corporate lawyer, who has drawn up a very good Memo and Articles. The Company are in the business of just asking people for money, and if people are stupid enough to give it to them, then they don't have any more say over how it gets spent; it's up to the company directors. It's morally and ethically reprehensible but, I am afraid, completely legal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Apr - 11:48

Iris wrote:I don't want to pith on anyone's parade, but this petition is a complete waste of time. You might as well organise a petition looking into how Richard Branson or Duncan Bannatyne spend their money. You wouldn't get an answer, and quite rightly so; it's private money, because it's a private company, whether we all like it or not. One thing the McCanns had in the early days was a very good corporate lawyer, who has drawn up a very good Memo and Articles. The Company are in the business of just asking people for money, and if people are stupid enough to give it to them, then they don't have any more say over how it gets spent; it's up to the company directors. It's morally and ethically reprehensible but, I am afraid, completely legal.

Morning Iris, actually a lot of this was public money donated to help search for Madeleine . Also, the Chairman John McCanns stated the Fund would be used in accordance with the "Good Governance " of Charities.That was on the FindMadeleine blog and soon disappeared under new guidelines.
However, with donations totalling well over £1 million , it wasn't a question of donors being stupid, generous more like. Esther McVey made a public announcement that at a meeting of the Board of Directors it was agreed the fund would not be used to pay for Legal Fees, she left not long after.
Since no share capital was introduced , it was all public money which enabled the Expenses and purchase of Merchandise to be paid, I wouldn' t call
that Legal.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 1 Apr - 12:44

The End Is Nigh wrote:Petitions virtually always prove to have no teeth - but I've signed it anyway.

What the heck.

Somebody with Jurisdiction, somewhere, sometime must surely realise there is much amiss.

Me too, and I agree with your post! Petition to investigate the fund 944533
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 1 Apr - 13:40

Panda wrote:
Iris wrote:I don't want to pith on anyone's parade, but this petition is a complete waste of time. You might as well organise a petition looking into how Richard Branson or Duncan Bannatyne spend their money. You wouldn't get an answer, and quite rightly so; it's private money, because it's a private company, whether we all like it or not. One thing the McCanns had in the early days was a very good corporate lawyer, who has drawn up a very good Memo and Articles. The Company are in the business of just asking people for money, and if people are stupid enough to give it to them, then they don't have any more say over how it gets spent; it's up to the company directors. It's morally and ethically reprehensible but, I am afraid, completely legal.

Morning Iris, actually a lot of this was public money donated to help search for Madeleine . Also, the Chairman John McCanns stated the Fund would be used in accordance with the "Good Governance " of Charities.That was on the FindMadeleine blog and soon disappeared under new guidelines.
However, with donations totalling well over £1 million , it wasn't a question of donors being stupid, generous more like. Esther McVey made a public announcement that at a meeting of the Board of Directors it was agreed the fund would not be used to pay for Legal Fees, she left not long after.
Since no share capital was introduced , it was all public money which enabled the Expenses and purchase of Merchandise to be paid, I wouldn' t call
that Legal.

Panda, as I said, it is not public money. It has been given by the public, yes; but after it's been given away, it becomes private. The company can do what it likes with it, and there is nothing that anybody can do about it. I don't like it any more than you do, but that is a fact. It's not a plc so we have no legal rights at all to see anything above or beyond what the Company chooses to publish acording to the Companies Acts, which is precious little.

If, however, there is a suggestion of illegal trading or money laundering or some other criminal activity, then that is another matter entirely, but that would be up to the Police to pursue it, and not the OFT.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Apr - 14:09

Hi Iris, I think the money reputed to have been paid to Halligen, £300,000 is definitely suspect, Plus ABCes interviewed Metodo 3 and they said they never received the amount quoted by the British Press, but only E160,000 plus E4'000 Expenses for six months work. There is no transparency in
the Accounts we only have those sent to Companies House which are very basic.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sun 1 Apr - 15:59

As Iris says most UK government institutions wouldn't look into the McCanns limited fund. However the Fraud department of any police force or Trading Standards may be interested as this fund is "not as described" which gives the donors the opportunity to receive their donations back at the very least.

gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Apr - 16:13

gillyspot wrote:As Iris says most UK government institutions wouldn't look into the McCanns limited fund. However the Fraud department of any police force or Trading Standards may be interested as this fund is "not as described" which gives the donors the opportunity to receive their donations back at the very least.

Hi gillyspot, I remember a long time ago , not on here , maybe 3a's , the Accounts were suspect and talk of an investigation of the Fund.A young Man
from Germany said he contributed £5 , still had the receipt and was willing to add his name to a Petition.

Also, do you remember the Race night held in Liverpool which raised £5,000 ? Gerry said in his blog it was £2,000 but someone told the Landlord of the Pub the race night was held in and he said it was £5,000 CASH, so Gerry amended the figure . The fact that NSU did not show the Audited Accounts
on their website shows the lack of respect they had for the donors.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sun 1 Apr - 16:35

Panda wrote:

Hi Iris, I think the money reputed to have been paid to Halligen, £300,000 is definitely suspect, Plus ABCes interviewed Metodo 3 and they said they never received the amount quoted by the British Press, but only E160,000 plus E4'000 Expenses for six months work. There is no transparency in

Very odd that the McCanns have never taken legal action to re-coup the £300,000. Infact they have been very quiet about this.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Apr - 16:52

Autumn wrote:
Panda wrote:

Very odd that the McCanns have never taken legal action to re-coup the £300,000. Infact they have been very quiet about this.

Hi Autumn, did you see the Interview where Clarence Mitchell is asked by a British Reporter about the £300,000 paid to Halligen. For a minute our Clarence looked uncomfortable then said "the matter is closed" and would'nt elaborate. I think the reason they could not make a claim was if true
the money was paid to Kennedy, it would be Kennedy who would have to sue and I'm convinced Halligen did not receive anything like £300,000. We
still don't know if Halligen has been extradited to the U.S. , my guess is it was done secretly because there were serious charges he was guilty of
apparently.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sun 1 Apr - 17:22

Halligen extradition case is still "awaiting judgement"

Link is here http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/current-cases/CCCaseDetails/case_2011_0180.html
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Apr - 19:59

gillyspot wrote:Halligen extradition case is still "awaiting judgement"

Link is here http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/current-cases/CCCaseDetails/case_2011_0180.html

Thanks gillyspot...good find.!! He has been in jail about 2 yrs then.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 1 Apr - 23:10

dazedandconfused wrote:27 signatures and only five from the UK. Is there really that much interest in the McCanns and their fund in other parts of the world?

Speaking as a Canadian, the answer to this question is YES!!!! I can't understand why the people who donated to the fund (and I was not one of them) are not outraged that the donations were earmarked for legal expenses for the parents who negligently left their three children to fend for themselves. I can't imagine why the parents of a "missing" child would, within days, require donations for legal expenses to fund the situation they found THEMSELVES in, unless of course they knew exactly the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 1 Apr - 23:22

Something was very off for me when they put T-shirts and posters on their website and expected people to pay for them. If it was my child, I'd be giving them away for nothing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 2 Apr - 9:12

Iris wrote:Something was very off for me when they put T-shirts and posters on their website and expected people to pay for them. If it was my child, I'd be giving them away for nothing.

Yes most definitely free T-shirts if it were one of my children, plus multiple references to a substantial reward for information leading to her whereabouts, prominently displayed on my website. The McCanns seem to do things in a most counter-productive manner don't they, right from that very first night when they didn't bother to search for their 3 year old because "it was so dark." But when it comes to rolling in the cash, well there the pair have consistently been 'bang on the money!' Odd then that they don't seem to think a reward would be a vastly motivating force that may lead to their child's whereabouts. Petition to investigate the fund 912418
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 2 Apr - 9:48

pennylane wrote:
Iris wrote:Something was very off for me when they put T-shirts and posters on their website and expected people to pay for them. If it was my child, I'd be giving them away for nothing.

Yes most definitely free T-shirts if it were one of my children, plus multiple references to a substantial reward for information leading to her whereabouts, prominently displayed on my website. The McCanns seem to do things in a most counter-productive manner don't they, right from that very first night when they didn't bother to search for their 3 year old because "it was so dark." But when it comes to rolling in the cash, well there the pair have consistently been 'bang on the money!' Odd then that they don't seem to think a reward would be a vastly motivating force that may lead to their child's whereabouts. Petition to investigate the fund 912418

"She's still out there and everyone needs to keep looking" has a hollow ring to it when they do diddly squit by way of looking themselves. It really is all our fault, down to us that she's still missing. I feel thoroughly ashamed of myself that I'm not doing more to find her. If I buy lots of copies of the bewk, will that make her easier to find?
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 2 Apr - 9:55

pennylane wrote:

but do the public even know who they are looking for anymore ? in the age progression images they have released of her, one of them seems to show madeleine as having changed race, such is the darker colour of her skin. it is in fact a rather indian looking madeleine, imo. then they tell us she never had the colomba we were all brain washed into thinking she had. they claim by others suggesting madeleine has died the search for her is being hindered, yet for me the information they provide is hindering that search even more.

did they not state at one stage that publicising the large reward on offer would put her life in danger, or some such thing ?

there must surely be one sane, rational person in scotland yard reading these things and asking questions.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 2 Apr - 10:05

I thought the cheekiest idea the Mccanns had to raise money was to charge £10 for a holiday pack containing photos and I think luggage labels.

The holidaymakers were expected to put the Posteres up on their travels.!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next