Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clement Freud exposed as Paedophile - Police urged to probe Madeleine McCann links

+6
SteveT
cherry1
Keela
fuzeta
malena stool
joyce1938
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Clement Freud exposed as Paedophile - Police urged to probe Madeleine McCann links - Page 2 Empty Re: Clement Freud exposed as Paedophile - Police urged to probe Madeleine McCann links

Post  interested Fri 17 Jun - 19:12

From today's Daily Mail (Sebastian Shakespeare's column) "Why did PR man Freud give McCann adviser a job?" Is the DM finally trying to connect the dots?
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Clement Freud exposed as Paedophile - Police urged to probe Madeleine McCann links - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Clement Freud exposed as Paedophile - Police urged to probe Madeleine McCann links - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Clement Freud exposed as Paedophile - Police urged to probe Madeleine McCann links - Page 2 Empty Re: Clement Freud exposed as Paedophile - Police urged to probe Madeleine McCann links

Post  fuzeta Fri 17 Jun - 22:08

interested wrote:I don't recall Gerry mentioning any visit to Freud when he was keeping the world informed via  his daily blog about all the minutiae (his lost wallet and how frequently they changed the twins' nappies, etc.).  Perhaps he knew it wasn't something to brag about.

Yes I am with you there Interested.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :
Clement Freud exposed as Paedophile - Police urged to probe Madeleine McCann links - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Clement Freud exposed as Paedophile - Police urged to probe Madeleine McCann links - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Jun - 22:11

It's very strange - but then what isn't in McCann World - as far as I know, there was no mention of any meetings until Kate's book was published in 2011.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 18 Jun - 3:27

Reports tell us that Freud was not in Portugal when Madeleine was reported missing. I honestly don't think he had anything to do with her death but, since we don't know exactly the date of her death, just wondering if he might be the person (rumoured to have had some connection to the tapas bunch) who left Portugal just prior to May 3rd. Since he appears to have been travelling frequently between the U.K. and his villa in Portugal, might he have been able to avoid the usual security/customs checks we lesser mortals endure.

Please feel free to tell me that I am getting 'carried away' by spending too much time thinking about this case because I would tend to agree.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 18 Jun - 9:15

fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 18 Jun - 21:42

HAVEN'T READ TELEGRAPH ARTICLE,THEY KNEW 2 YEARS AGO ACCORDING TO MSN.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Mon 20 Jun - 13:06

interested wrote:Reports tell us that Freud was not in Portugal when Madeleine was reported missing.  I honestly don't think he had anything to do with her death but, since we don't know exactly the date of her death, just wondering if he might be the person (rumoured to have had some connection to the tapas bunch) who left Portugal just prior to May 3rd.  Since he appears to have been travelling frequently between the U.K. and his villa in Portugal, might he have been able to avoid the usual security/customs checks we lesser mortals endure.  

Please feel free to tell me that I am getting 'carried away' by spending too much time thinking about this case because I would tend to agree.

There was talk of a "high profile person" leaving PDL early and quickly on the Friday morning. Could he be that person?
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 20 Jun - 16:10

Keela wrote:
interested wrote:Reports tell us that Freud was not in Portugal when Madeleine was reported missing.  I honestly don't think he had anything to do with her death but, since we don't know exactly the date of her death, just wondering if he might be the person (rumoured to have had some connection to the tapas bunch) who left Portugal just prior to May 3rd.  Since he appears to have been travelling frequently between the U.K. and his villa in Portugal, might he have been able to avoid the usual security/customs checks we lesser mortals endure.  

There was talk of a "high profile person" leaving PDL early and quickly on the Friday morning. Could he be that person?

I was wondering the same thing. I was also wondering if he had been visiting Portugal after May 3rd and left again around the time the McCanns were airing out the rented car.

So much about this case has been odd and I still find it strange that Gerry didn't mention visiting Freud in his blog yet Kate provided that information in her book. It angers me that the names of dead evil men keeping coming up when the focus should be on the actions of the living parents.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 20 Jun - 16:14

interested wrote:
Keela wrote:

I was wondering the same thing.  I was also wondering if he had been visiting Portugal  after May 3rd and left again around the time the McCanns were airing out the rented car.

So much about this case has been odd and I still find it strange that Gerry didn't mention visiting Freud in his blog yet Kate provided that information in her book.  It angers me that the names of dead evil men keeping coming up when the focus should be on the actions of the living parents.

Good point. Gerry and his blog were reporting everything trivia! ie. Mince and tatties and Sean developing a taste for sea bass, so why when a 'celeb' wines and dines you it wasn't even mentioned?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 20 Jun - 18:17

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1304699/clement-freud-drank-with-madeleine-mccann-suspect-and-at-perv-pub-with-child-sex-beast-dj-shifty/?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-FBPAGE-_-TheSun-thesun-_-20160618-_-News-_-497139291-_-Image%2Ctextandlink#comments

'PLOUGH AND PAEDO' Clement Freud drank with Madeleine McCann suspect. . . and at perv pub with child sex beast ‘DJ Shifty’

Freud was on 'nodding terms' with former suspect in tot's disappearance as well as being a regular at a pub 'for paedos'

Exclusive

By ANTONELLA LAZZERI

18th June 2016, 8:27 pm

PAEDOPHILE Clement Freud regularly drank at a pub frequented by the former prime suspect in Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

He and Robert Murat were on “nodding terms” at the Pigs Head, according to the landlord of the boozer in Portugal.

Freud, who was unmasked as a child abuser last week, was also a regular at a pub in Praia da Luz dubbed The Plough and Paedophile.

The fact Freud and Murat knew each other is one in a series of odd links that the dead former Liberal MP had to the McCanns.

He had also entertained Gerry and Kate at his house in the days after Madeleine disappeared in 2007.

Murat, 43, lived close to the apartment where the three-year-old was snatched. He was named a as a suspect by Portuguese police, but later cleared of any involvement. And Freud’s Casa da Colina villa in the resort is a few hundred yards from a key sighting of Madeleine.

A Brit said that he saw a man carrying a little girl in the early hours of May 4, 2007.

The villa is also dwarfed by a huge hill that Kate, 47, was once convinced was where Madeleine was buried and begged cops to have it searched.

Her plea came in July 2007, when Freud befriended the McCanns.

Robert Hurst, landlord of the Pigs Head, said: “I find that really odd. I can’t imagine why he would suddenly want to invite them to his house.

“At the time Madeleine went, all hell was going on. Police everywhere, people just stunned and he’s straight in there having them over to dinner.

“When it came out this week that he was a paedophile, it made you wonder what he was up to?”

Freud, who was revealed in an ITV documentary to have abused girls as young as ten, also visited the nearby Plough and Harrow.

It was nicknamed the Plough and Paedophile after a Brit working there dubbed DJ Shifty went on the run when cops tried to speak to him over alleged grooming and child sex abuse images.

Christian Ridout, 32, whose parents owned the bar and lived next door to Murat, has never been traced.

In her book about Madeleine, Kate told how Freud, then 83, sent a letter out of the blue inviting them to his house for a meal.

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 20 Jun - 18:17

"As the landlord of The Pigs Head I can categorically state that this article is factually ridiculous. When asked if Clement Freud had been a regular in the pub I told them he had been here once at least 20 years ago.

Further when asked about Robert Murat I told them he had also been in here once about 8years ago. How they then manage to connect the two of them is another piece of nonsense. As the next question asked was did I know Robert to which I said we were on nodding terms, which when you consider we have lived about 2 miles apart for 30 years is fairly normal.

The fact that they then tack on a re hashed story from many years ago just makes the article confusing and misleading. The two bars and two stories are not connected in any way as I suspect nether were Freud and Murat. This type of irresponsible journalism can do no good what so ever for anyone.

Heavan only knows what kind of feeding frenzy will be unleashed next year on the tenth anniversary. Yours in total honestly Robert Mark Hurst, proprietor of The Pigs Head pub mentioned in this article."
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 20 Jun - 18:18

http://portugalresident.com/burgau-pub-landlord-trashes-british-press-for-latest-mccann-%E2%80%9Clunacy%E2%80%9D

Posted by portugalpress on June 20, 2016

Burgau pub-landlord trashes British press for latest McCann “lunacy”

Well-known Burgau pub landlord Robert (Rotten) Hurst has come out in print over the latest lunatic “revelations” in the British press linking his business with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and recently-outed paedophile Clement Freud.

According to the Sun, the Daily Mail and the Daily Star, Freud was a regular at the Pig’s Head and he used to drink there with “former Madeleine McCann suspect” Robert Murat.

Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact Clement Freud only once stepped inside the Pig’s Head “over 20 years ago”, and Robert Murat similarly, “about eight years ago”.

It is hard to see which article is the most “factually ridiculous”.

The Sun’s goes furthest perhaps, describing the much-loved watering hole as a “pub for paedos”.

“It’s absolute lunacy,” Hurst told the Resident. “It wasn’t even an interview. Two blokes came in and had a drink, and then asked me a few questions as they were leaving.”

Reacting to the “exclusive” run by the Sun, Hurst wrote on the paper’s website: “As the landlord of the Pig’s Head, I can categorically state that this story is factually ridiculous. When asked if Clement Freud had been a regular in the pub, I told them he had been here once at least 20 years ago. Further, when asked about Robert Murat, I told them he had also been here once about eight years ago. How they managed to connect the two of them is another piece of nonsense… This kind of irresponsible journalism can do no good whatsoever for anyone. Heaven only knows what kind of feeding frenzy will be unleashed next year on the 10th anniversary.”

Hurst did, however, have one memory of Clement Freud’s visit to his establishment.

“He came in with a friend, who asked me whether we had any champagne,” he told the Resident.

“I said that we didn’t. He asked me ‘why ever not’, in a superior kind of way. I said because it might attract the wrong kind of clientele.”

Hurst claims “no one believes a word” of the latest stories, yet they even get a mention in national press today, under the headline: “Freud and Murat in the same bar.”

Considering the differing time-lines, this could be construed as ‘true’ if hugely misleading.

But the affirmations in all three papers that both men were on “nodding terms” appear as bogus as the claims that Murat had anything to do with Madeleine’s disappearance.

Readers will remember that Murat won record damages from four British newspaper groups for slurs written against him.

The Sun, Star and Mail are all properties of the groups that were also forced to make public apologies.

Speaking outside the High Court in London eight years ago, Louis Charalambous, Murat’s lawyer, described the behaviour of tabloid journalists and editors involved in the slurs as “grossly irresponsible”, saying they had shown a “reckless disregard for the truth”.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 20 Jun - 19:39

Thanks to "cherry1" for posting the article from The Portugal Resident. Natasha Donn could sure teach Antonella Lazzeri a thing or two about journalism. But then again she is not a friend of the McCanns like Lazzeri.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 20 Jun - 20:25

You're welcome "interested" x

I tweeted the article to the Sun, Star and Mail Clement Freud exposed as Paedophile - Police urged to probe Madeleine McCann links - Page 2 25346
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Mon 20 Jun - 22:26

Tbe press are still up to their old tricks! They (or somebody influencing them) really want to stitch up Robert Mutat.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 20 Jun - 23:38

SteveT wrote:Tbe press are still up to their old tricks! They (or somebody influencing them) really want to stitch up Robert Mutat.

I think somebody is influencing the press. I've read that Rupert Murdoch personally told The Sun to back Brexit whereas he allowed The Times' editor freedom of choice. The Sun has had a special connection with the McCanns from the start and Clarence Mitchell appears to be able to get McCanns' friend Antonella Lazzeri's attention whenever it is needed. Yes, tricks indeed and lots of favours. It's no wonder it is being said that within ten years we will see the demise of all newspapers.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 21 Jun - 16:03

As a Canadian I had never heard about the Ellie Butler case before. Today I find the details in the dreadful case truly shocking. Justice Hogg is mentioned as having returned the poor little girl to her father only to have been murdered by him. I seem to remember Justice Hogg as the judge who made Madeleine a ward of court. Apparently Ellie's parents saw themselves as 'victims' and launched a pr campaign to promote themselves as caring parents. They resemble the McCanns in that regard.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 21 Jun - 23:04

interested wrote:As a Canadian I had never heard about the Ellie Butler case before. Today I find the details in the dreadful case truly shocking.  Justice Hogg is mentioned as having returned the poor little girl to her father only to have been murdered by him.  I seem to remember Justice Hogg as the judge who made Madeleine a ward of court.  Apparently Ellie's parents saw themselves as 'victims' and launched a pr campaign to promote themselves as caring parents.  They resemble the McCanns in that regard.
YOU MEAN THE CASE ON MSN NEWS TODAY OR IS THAT A DIFFERENT CASE?
HE NEEDS THE WORST POSSIBLE PUNISHMENT
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 22 Jun - 11:03

THIS SCUM NEEDS TO BE CASTRATED FULL STOP.
I WANT TO BE FIRST TO DO IT AND ARE PREPARED TO QUEUE JUMP TO DO IT.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 22 Jun - 15:39

I've just seen the article from the Express - "Ellie Butler's grandfather breaks down on This Morning after killer father Ben is jailed" - together with a short video clip. My heart goes out to this poor man. He appears totally broken not at all like the McCanns as they warmed so many TV couches. Words fail me when I think that Ellie was taken from him and his wife only to be returned and murdered by her scum father. It's no wonder he is disowning his own daughter who played a role in his little granddaughter's death.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 22 Jun - 16:13

I really hope that Justice Hogg will be made to answer for her decisions about this case.

A quote from her in 2008. Clearly she has never been the best judge (pun fully intended) of anyone's character.

Mrs Justice Hogg made an extraordinary plea to Madeleine's abductor to "show mercy and compassion" and reveal her whereabouts.
She said: "There is, of course, one person who knows what has happened to Madeleine and where she may be found.
"I ponder about that person – whether that person has a heart and might understand what it must be like for Madeleine to have been taken and secreted from her parents and siblings and those she loved and felt secure with.
"I ponder whether that person has a conscience or any feeling of guilt or remorse or even cares about the hurt that has been caused to an innocent little girl, and whether that person has a faith or belief and what explanation or justification they might give to God.
"I entreat that person, whoever they may be, to show mercy and compassion and come forward now and tell us where Madeleine is to be found.
"I hope she will be found soon, alive and well."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 22 Jun - 16:40

To think that this judge made her ruling on Ellie after Max Clifford conducted his pr campaign on behalf of her parents, leads me to believe that she, as a judge, would make a good plumber (no offence to plumbers). I do hope there is some mechanism that can be used to get her to rationalize her dire decision, having been warned by Ellie's grandfather of what was to come.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Thu 23 Jun - 11:22

Surely it was Mrs Justice Hogg involved in the Madeleine McCann case early on wheh the McCanns were home in the UK here trying to access police information... or maybe it was when MBM was made a ward of court. Help me out here someone. I definitely remember the name. I wondered if she was high Tory Quintin Hogg's daughter then.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Thu 23 Jun - 11:41

Just seen NBY's post. Sorry!
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next