Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paulo Sargento articles........................

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Paulo Sargento articles........................

Post  Guest Fri 15 May - 13:44

Harvesmom wrote:
Dogwood wrote:
lynn wrote:Kate will be under duress if she has to play-act the saga probably to appease Gerry. She could be under terrible stress as what will happen to her and the twins if she dare speak though.

Thats obvious as she only gets emotional when she is under pressure. I've not seen her get emotional when discussing her child going missing.

Anyone remember the weird "whoosh clunk" video?

Please dont remind me about Kate's whoooshing sounds Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 36898

Sorry I cant resist Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 Empty Kate wont kill herself

Post  Guest Fri 15 May - 14:20

I think it unlikely Kate will kill herself, imo she is the controlled one of the two, although Gerry appears controlling, i believe he is besotted with Kate, his behaviour is that of a child that wants to please their parent, the coldness of this mother amazes me, when referring to maddy asking why they didnt come the night before when she and sean were crying, kate says it was just a passing comment, a normal mother would have been horrified to think her children had been distressed when she wasnt there, and certainly wouldnt have left them again that very night, amazingly cold, totally unconnected to her children, the true markings of a psychopathic personality, unable to feel guilt or empathy, this woman is chilling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Paulo Sargento articles........................

Post  Guest Fri 15 May - 14:28

How many other parents out there are "FORCED" to look for their children. There are mothers and fathers out there that even though the police are "Doing all they can" to find their children still go and try to find their child themselves in so many different ways. You just dont see it as these parents dont get the same publicity as Kate and Gerry which i think is disgusting. No missing child is more important than any other child. THEY ALL STILL NEED TO BE FOUND
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 15 May - 18:26

Kate is one cold fish.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Fri 15 May - 18:35

eddie wrote:Kate is one cold fish.

True, she is cold and always under control. In my humble opinion she is the coldest and Gerry is something even worse than that. He is not cold. It goes far beyond it. There is something about him and cold Kate covers it up.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :
Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Fri 15 May - 23:47

Kate with her hand on Gerry's knee: - in Australia, a footballer did a bad, bad thing..probably all heard about it. He appears on a current affairs program, sitting on the same side as Kate, with his hand on his wife's knee. His wife is not happy with him. Just thought this was interesting, what does this body language mean?
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :
Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 16 May - 0:14

lynn wrote:Kate with her hand on Gerry's knee: - in Australia, a footballer did a bad, bad thing..probably all heard about it. He appears on a current affairs program, sitting on the same side as Kate, with his hand on his wife's knee. His wife is not happy with him. Just thought this was interesting, what does this body language mean?

Body Language

Meaning

Brisk, erect walk -Confidence

Standing with hands on hips - Readiness, aggression

Sitting, legs apart - Open, relaxed

Arms crossed on chest -Defensiveness

Walking with hands in pockets, shoulders hunched - Dejection

Hand to cheek - Evaluation, thinking

Touching, slightly rubbing nose - Rejection, doubt, lying

Rubbing the eye - Doubt, disbelief

Hands clasped behind back - Anger, frustration, apprehension

Locked ankles - Apprehension

Head resting in hand, eyes downcast - Boredom

Rubbing hands - Anticipation

Sitting with hands clasped behind head, legs crossed - Confidence, superiority

Open palm - Sincerity, openness, innocence

Pinching bridge of nose, eyes closed - Negative evaluation

Tapping or drumming fingers - Impatience

Steepling fingers - Authoritative

Patting/fondling hair - Lack of self-confidence; insecurity

Tilted head - Interest

Stroking chin - Trying to make a decision

Looking down, face turned away - Disbelief

Biting nails - Insecurity, nervousness

Pulling or tugging at ear - Indecision
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 16 May - 0:24

lynn wrote:Kate with her hand on Gerry's knee: - in Australia, a footballer did a bad, bad thing..probably all heard about it. He appears on a current affairs program, sitting on the same side as Kate, with his hand on his wife's knee. His wife is not happy with him. Just thought this was interesting, what does this body language mean?

its showing his support for her according to this. sorta telling everyone who is watching nothing is wrong.

http://www.cba.uni.edu/buscomm/nonverbal/Body%20Language.htm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 16 May - 20:05

FSoares wrote:I wish I could read the original article in Portuguese, because I've the feeling the translation doesn't make justice to the normal assertiveness and eloquentness from Paulo Sargento - the danger of direct translations - but, he makes some good points.

I have no doubt Kate is an emotional wreck, but, who wouldn't be in her position? After all, she's a mother who lost a child. But, the question I ask to myself is "but what kind of mother is Kate'". Is she the type of what we call "a chicken mother", always around her children or is she the more distant type? To me, she looks a very distant one. She loves her children but she's very aware of fer failures as a mother. Let's face it, no mother in this planet would feel relaxed, knowing her kids were sleeping alone inside some appartment, in the middle of the dark, even if for five minutes. No, that part doesn't make any sense to me, and I will never buy the explanation "they're British". Being a mother goes far beyond nationalities.

And at this point, I have a particular impression about her. When I look at the eyes of Kate McCann, what I can read is that woman hides something. I can't say she hides the truth of what happened to Madeleine on that fatidic night - just because I wasn't there to be 100% sure - but, what she hides involves Gerry McCann, in my opinion. Her husband has a strange way of looking: he's extremely arrogant and full of himself, always with his nose up, like if he's trying to dominate everyone around him. Is this a normal attitude for a father who lost a child (and according to them, to the hands of the pervertest abductor on Earth)? Of course not! A normal father would shown sadness in his eyes and he would look the ground and not the clouds up in the sky. A normal father would have asked all the help from the locals of Praia da Luz, and a normal father would never invite a bunch of actors to go back to the "crime scene", working on a documentary that at the end, had nothing to show or to reveal.

Gerry McCann's past needs to be dissecated. There must be something in his character that may help to understand 60% of what happened the night of the 3rd May 2007. Note we're talking about a man who had a tantrum reaction (like a five year old child) when challenged in that interview for the Spanish channel. It was Kate McCann who stood calm, saying he would calm down and be fine, exactly like a woman who's a victim of domestic violence reacts. Don't we all know any woman who's a victim of domestic violence always defends her husband out in public?

In Oprah, she was always putting the hand on Gerry's thigh, trying to have him under control. Why does she need to make it? Kate, please tell us how he is as a husband? He's abusive, isn't he? And you want to hide it, don't you?

There is no way she's a battered or abused wife. I don't like them but you can tell that they are a united couple, she had her hand on his leg for reassurance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sat 16 May - 20:15

I catn see Kate letting him abuse her but they are both cold fish and do that only when they are in front of the cameras to keep the image up that they are united....

However thats not what I saw on Spanish TV when they thought the cameras were not on them....
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 9:57

Ambersuz wrote:I catn see Kate letting him abuse her but they are both cold fish and do that only when they are in front of the cameras to keep the image up that they are united....

However thats not what I saw on Spanish TV when they thought the cameras were not on them....

Really! Dish the dirt then girl! I have to go for now, I could be up for child neglect myself, my two youngest are sitting downstairs watching TV waiting for their breakfast while their father is playing golf and I'm online writing about two child neglecters!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 10:03

Allison wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:I catn see Kate letting him abuse her but they are both cold fish and do that only when they are in front of the cameras to keep the image up that they are united....

Really! Dish the dirt then girl! I have to go for now, I could be up for child neglect myself, my two youngest are sitting downstairs watching TV waiting for their breakfast while their father is playing golf and I'm online writing about two child neglecters!!

Are you eating tapas Allison? Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 10:25

Allstar wrote:
Allison wrote:

Are you eating tapas Allison? Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324

No but they are eating coco pops for the second day running. I'm such a bad mother - at least I know that they're alive I can hear them arguing from here Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 10:27

Allison wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Allison wrote:

No but they are eating coco pops for the second day running. I'm such a bad mother - at least I know that they're alive I can hear them arguing from here Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324

I love coco pops. Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324

At least they are under the same roof Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 849426
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 10:30

Dogwood wrote:
Allison wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Allison wrote:

I love coco pops. Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324

Nobody will ever abduct these two. They'd have them back in an hour. Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324

At least they are under the same roof Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 849426
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 13:37

Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324 Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324 Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324 Speaking of child neglect my other half has got our son washing the car for £2:50 !!!!!

I bet he comes back saying he is "SO TIRED......!!!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 14:24

eddie wrote:Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324 Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324 Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324 Speaking of child neglect my other half has got our son washing the car for £2:50 !!!!!

My eldest son [15 next month] told me he's sick of making his own dinner when he comes back from football. He is, of course, referring tot he fact that he has to lift his plate of food into the microwave.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 14:25

Allison wrote:
eddie wrote:Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324 Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324 Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 23324 Speaking of child neglect my other half has got our son washing the car for £2:50 !!!!!

My eldest son [15 next month] told me he's sick of making his own dinner when he comes back from football. He is, of course, referring tot he fact that he has to lift his plate of food into the microwave.

Men Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 36898
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Tue 19 May - 5:12

Oprah and the McCanns was shown this morning so we didn't have to wait that long here in Australia. It was really worth watching. Oprah badly (seemed to me) wanted them to open up a bit more. Felt Kate was uncomfortable throughout, but who wouldn't be. A lot does not add up. After Kate realised Madeleine was missing, she ran down to the group, leaving the twins behind in the apartment! She was not asked why she did that. Madeleine will not be coming back is what I gatheree from the interview. Interestingly, Kate has an Aunt in Vancouver. Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 303636
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Tue 19 May - 10:07

Allison wrote:

There is no way she's a battered or abused wife. I don't like them but you can tell that they are a united couple, she had her hand on his leg for reassurance.

I also don't think she's a battered or abused wife, but I do believe Kate covers some strange personality traits up from Gerry. When she puts her hand on his leg, it may mean reassurance or a way to control his behaviour. One thing we all can be sure: they're a strange couple.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Tue 19 May - 11:01

Oprah show was on today and made good viewing. Kate's facial expressions and her eyes are puzzling. Don't know anything much about body language, but the way Kate's eyes closed and shut, and not together. She did seem stressed. Gerry going back to work to think of something else. Did anyone else notice Kate's eyes?
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Paulo Sargento articles........................ - Page 2 Empty The McCanns’ interview to SIC: Fallacies and more Fallacies or the antechamber to the Swan Song?

Post  pm Tue 19 May - 11:17

by Paulo Sargento

The Interview that Rita Jordão, a SIC corresponding journalist in London, carried out with the McCann couple, and which the station broadcast in May 2009, seems to have been yet another opportunity for the desperate and inconsistent defence of two issues, that are, in practical terms, indefensible: firstly, that Madeleine is alive, and secondly, that she only hasn’t been found yet because of a blockage that results from the propagation of Gonçalo Amaral’s theory, which apart from insisting that the little girl is dead, insists on the fact that the parents know that and, eventually, concealed the cadaver.

The beginning of the interview is marked by a ‘Mitchellian’ speech style, in which Gerry McCann is more competent than his wife Kate. Considering the last two years as the “longest” ones of his life, Gerry managed, simultaneously and subtly, to state that time went by very quickly, “too quickly”, a paradox that offered Kate the opportunity to, once more, inadvertently, suggest her process of irreparable grief, when she sustained that the initial times were the hardest ones in her life and that, despite becoming less “raw”, they still remain painful. But this is merely an issue of style that we have already become used to.

The twins, who are always introduced in the couple’s speeches, through their own initiative or by suggestion from the journalists, offer the perfect opportunity to introduce the theme of an incomplete family that awaits the arrival of a member in order to consecrate some kind of original union, bearing the most supreme of happiness, where some kind of mystical omnipresence (“she is always with us”) is materialised by the overly exhibitionist maintenance of artefacts (Maddie’s room remained intact) and demonstrated by Sean and Amelie’s implanted memories and their longing “by proxy”. Nevertheless, concerning the fact that everything is in constant harmony awaiting Maddie (from the supposed longing by her siblings up to the maintenance of her belongings) it is grotesque, to say the least, that they dress Amelie in her clothes and, on top of that, mention the fact to her. And what can be said about the appropriation of their beliefs concerning the events, when Gerry says that “they believe that [Maddie] was abducted”? Of course the children believe what the adults tell them, although it’s a vain and very uncertain hope, or, worse, an obvious lie. But adults also often say what suits them concerning the thoughts of children, although that constitutes merely a skewed interpretation or also an intentional manipulation.

Allow me one confession. From my point of view, journalist Rita Jordão asked simple questions, in a simple manner, but very, very intelligent ones. It was actually one of those intelligently simple questions that cleared the path towards the most central issue of the entire interview: the immeasurable anger and the enormous fear concerning the media exposure given to Gonçalo Amaral, and his theories, and the attempt to assume the exclusive pro-activity in the (pseudo) search for Madeleine McCann.

The key question was the following: “What are your main fears of what could have happened to Madeleine?”

That question allowed for the entire strategy of dismantling the facts to be operated, through fallacies of various types (particularly argumentum ad ignorantium [1], argumentum ad autoritatum [2], modus tollens [3] and modus ponens [4] resulting from the illogical inversions in denying the consequent and affirming the antecedent).

If at the beginning they were afraid that their daughter had been abducted by a paedophile, and afterwards, molested and killed, due to the supposed absence of indications sustaining this thesis they concluded that one cannot conclude that anything bad happened to her. I ask the reader to forgive the redaction, particularly “concluded that one cannot conclude”, but this was the most effective way to demonstrate the last two fallacies that I mentioned. But, paradigmatically, note the another sentence “If nobody knows who took her, then we cannot conclude that she is dead” (argumentum ad ignorantium). Well, but as for facts that sustain the abduction theory, NOT A SINGLE ONE! There has never been one, there is none, and I believe there will never be one.

It became patent that the documentaries that were made by the McCanns were replies, in extremis, to Gonçalo Amaral’s documentary, which is inspired in his book “The Truth of the Lie”. If that is not the case, and if no other documentary is foreseen, it is not understandable for what other reasons the actors that were invited for the documentary, namely the actress that was to play Kate McCann, never appeared in the final version. AND FOR THIS, THERE IS NO FAIRY TALE THAT WILL WORK! THIS WAS AN UNCOORDINATED AND FAILED RESPONSE, A SENSELESS ONE! Despair, which is patent in the anger, that is not always contained, especially in Gerry McCann, led us to anticipate what came to be a reality: a lawsuit against Gonçalo Amaral.

Well, apart from recommending Duarte Levy’s and Paulo Reis’ most recent articles about this issue, allow me to advance a (new) old question.

The classic Anglo-Saxon intimidation strategy usually scares the weak in order to warn the strong. It was expected that the McCanns would sue one or another journalist or one or another blogger before suing Gonçalo Amaral. They didn’t do it!

I’ll return to this subject.

I finish for today, stating, just like I did in October 2007, MY ENTIRE SOLIDARITY WITH GONÇALO AMARAL! The Authority of Arguments shall win over the Arguments of Authority! History has taught us so…

source: Duarte Levy @ Wordpress, 19.05.2009
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Tue 19 May - 11:18

---

[1] The argument from ignorance, also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam ("appeal to ignorance"), argument by lack of imagination, or negative evidence, is a logical fallacy in which it is claimed that a premise is true only because it has not been proven false, or is false only because it has not been proven true.

[2] An informal fallacy, in which reasoning derives merely from authority.

[3] In classical logic, modus tollens (or modus tollendo tollens) (Latin for "the way that denies by denying") has the following argument form:
If P, then Q.
¬Q
Therefore, ¬P.
It can also be referred to as denying the consequent.

[4] In classical logic, modus ponendo ponens (Latin for mode that affirms by affirming; often abbreviated to MP or modus ponens) is a valid, simple argument form sometimes referred to as affirming the antecedent or the law of detachment.
Modus ponens is a very common rule of inference, and takes the following form:
If P, then Q.
P.
Therefore, Q.

more on fallacies here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_fallacy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modus_tollens
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modus_tollens

By Kazlux

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/05/mccanns-interview-to-sic-fallacies-and.html
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2