Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conservative,Labour,Liberal.........!!

3 posters

Go down

Conservative,Labour,Liberal.........!! Empty Conservative,Labour,Liberal.........!!

Post  Lioned Tue 22 Sep - 14:14

What is the difference ?

Can anyone tell me what any of these parties stand for ? Are there any fundamental differences between any of these 'chiselling' politicians anymore.

We used to have Political parties largely aligned to social classes didnt we.....?.

So where are we now ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Conservative,Labour,Liberal.........!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Conservative,Labour,Liberal.........!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Conservative,Labour,Liberal.........!! Empty as above

Post  halfamo Sun 27 Sep - 17:55

I have never felt so betrayed as i feel now.A life long Labour voter with a man i cannot warm to in charge.Then i contemplate the opposition ,i look long and hard at David call me Dave Cameron, and if you look close enough you can see the underbelly.I lived through Thatcherism,i lived through the miners strikes,i saw first hand men so ashamed at not being able to work and support their families in despair, some took their own lives ,i lived through blackouts ,my daughter was only a few weeks old ,and we were sitting without electricity ,and all this because Thatcher wanted to destroy the unions and society while she was at it.So as much as i dislike our prime minister i will stay with the devil i know.I've lived through the years with the devil i did'nt know and never want to see her like again.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :
Conservative,Labour,Liberal.........!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Conservative,Labour,Liberal.........!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Conservative,Labour,Liberal.........!! Empty Re: Conservative,Labour,Liberal.........!!

Post  Lioned Mon 28 Sep - 13:24

I have been a lifetime labour supporter but i can no longer bring myself to vote for any of these worthless thieves.

brown is worse than a clumsy buffoon courting popular opinion and cosistently getting it wrong.He has absolutely no 'endearing' features,he is dull,boring and insincere, he has had far too long now at getting it wrong.

Would someone like to tell me what use they now serve ?

There may well still be a few decent constituency MP's but they are in a very small minority now.

In what other job would you leave your business in a mess and go off on 3 months holiday ?

Since the advent of the equally worthless and thieving EU parliament many of our rules and regulations are dictated to us by European,thus rendering our parliament and MP's at least partially redundant ( i have read a figure somewhere of around 30%)

I am quite sure the country could run itself better on a fraction of the wasters we have now.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Conservative,Labour,Liberal.........!! Empty as above

Post  halfamo Mon 28 Sep - 13:44

Agree with all you say Lioned ,i'm not sure who this bunch are who claim to be Labour, i was raised in a village where the pit was where you went after school days ,but my late father and my grandparents would be horrified by this present bunch.I'm in Germany at the moment due to OH working here and the worst thing that happened here was the Euro.Ask most Germans and they tell you they would love their Deutsch mark back.I don't want my laws to be dictated by faceless unelected MEPs in Brussels.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Conservative,Labour,Liberal.........!! Empty Re: Conservative,Labour,Liberal.........!!

Post  Guest Mon 28 Sep - 14:15

I agree, with the exception of the minority extremist parties there's no longer any political ideology dividing the main parties, only a naked desire to do anything at any cost to attain or remain in power.

We need some fundemental changes in the way that politicians are selected. We cannot and should not allow a political parties to select clone candidates based on their own self interests. In an ideal world anyone who wishes to represent a political party should have the chance to do so. In order to stop timewasters, they'd probably need to fulfill some basic criteria, perhaps obtaining a minimum number of nominations from the general public, or paying a small deposit, and after that, let the best man win, and the party gets lumbered with the man or woman the people want to represent them.

Its claimed that parliment should reflect society, and yet we have a parliment overflowing with individuals who've never actually held down a real job, let alone built a business, or god forbid ran a successful company in the private sector. The terrifying aspect is that the majority of those of us who have, wouldnt wish to waste our time and energy banging our heads against a brick wall under the current set up. Although I hate to say it, emigration is probably the best option for anyone who despairs of the current situation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 23 Oct - 18:42

There was talk of prospective Candidates campaign expenses being supported by the Taxpayer but this was quickly scuppered. To go the American way where campaign funds are donated by the rich is even worse.

Politicians now have never been so detested by the Public and if you saw Question Time last night Jack Straw
is a good example of the complete indifference Parliament shows regarding the wishes of the people or understanding of their grievances.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Fri 23 Oct - 19:11

Beattie wrote:There was talk of prospective Candidates campaign expenses being supported by the Taxpayer but this was quickly scuppered. To go the American way where campaign funds are donated by the rich is even worse.

Politicians now have never been so detested by the Public and if you saw Question Time last night Jack Straw
is a good example of the complete indifference Parliament shows regarding the wishes of the people or understanding of their grievances.

Jack Straw was total rubbish. That programme really brings it home what a total disaster all the parties are...not one of them worth having. We are truly sunk.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 23 Oct - 19:48

Angelina Hi,

It"s like Politicians are incapable of even trying to repair the damage they have done. Give it 10 years and the EU will rule us completely because there is no one party willing to face a Referendum which would see us out
of the Union. David Cameron is reactive, not proactive and I dread to think how the Conservatives would govern. I"m just glad I am not growing up today.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down