Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carter Ruck attempts to ban German Edition of Amaral's book

+9
Christine
mancmum
fedrules
contrary
Judge Dread
MissGivings
Claudia79
Colonel Fabien
malena stool
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Carter Ruck attempts to ban German Edition of Amaral's book - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter Ruck attempts to ban German Edition of Amaral's book

Post  Lilemor Wed 18 Nov - 10:41

Carolina wrote:I cannot possibly see what argument Carter Ruck could use for having the book taken off of Amazon.de, unless they lie (what a surprise).

The book is no longer banned in Portugal, a fact that the McCanns and CR fail to provide. The injunction against the publisher, who owns the copyrights on the book, was only for 30 days. As stipulated by law, if a court case is not brought up against the publisher within that period, the injunction is no longer in force and no such case was made. This means that the book can be sold, the copyrights negotiated if the editor sees fit to do so.

Therefore, CR not only threatened Amazon.de but they also lied blatantly when they stated that the book was under an injunction and that said injunction was to be applied worldwide! CR did not learn their lesson after the fiasco with the injunction against the Guardian and they are as arrogant and despicable as ever and continue to be a serious threat to freedom of speech.

Only the adjustment of the original Portuguese files...
Which didn´t happen I assume.
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :
Carter Ruck attempts to ban German Edition of Amaral's book - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Carter Ruck attempts to ban German Edition of Amaral's book - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Carter Ruck attempts to ban German Edition of Amaral's book - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter Ruck attempts to ban German Edition of Amaral's book

Post  Lilemor Wed 18 Nov - 10:46

Carolina wrote:There is an injunction against Gonçalo Amaral, which prevents him from speaking about the case and the possibility of her death, etc, and as the libel case was made against him, this injunction is still in force after the 30 days.

There was a temporary injunction forbidding the sale of the book, negotiation of the copyrights, etc. and this was made in the name of the publisher, Guerra & Paz. Another injunction was made against the distribution of the documentary in the name of the producer Valentim de Carvalho. As no cases were brought against them within this 30 day period, these injunctions are no longer in force. Therefore, in simple layman terms, the book and documentary are no longer banned.

The only case on the table at this time is the libel suit presented by the McCanns and the injunction was slapped on him as a so called preventive measure. I hope that I am clear

Thank you, Carolina, you are very clear Carter Ruck attempts to ban German Edition of Amaral's book - Page 2 Icon_flower .

Why is the book banned then (Amazon.de)?
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Carter Ruck attempts to ban German Edition of Amaral's book - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Carter Ruck attempts to ban German Edition of Amaral's book - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Wed 18 Nov - 11:22

Lilemor wrote:
Carolina wrote:There is an injunction against Gonçalo Amaral, which prevents him from speaking about the case and the possibility of her death, etc, and as the libel case was made against him, this injunction is still in force after the 30 days.

There was a temporary injunction forbidding the sale of the book, negotiation of the copyrights, etc. and this was made in the name of the publisher, Guerra & Paz. Another injunction was made against the distribution of the documentary in the name of the producer Valentim de Carvalho. As no cases were brought against them within this 30 day period, these injunctions are no longer in force. Therefore, in simple layman terms, the book and documentary are no longer banned.

The only case on the table at this time is the libel suit presented by the McCanns and the injunction was slapped on him as a so called preventive measure. I hope that I am clear

Thank you, Carolina, you are very clear Carter Ruck attempts to ban German Edition of Amaral's book - Page 2 Icon_flower .

Why is the book banned then (Amazon.de)?

Maybe Amazon.de doesn't know that there is no longer an injunction on the book. It is has been repeated so often that there is a ban that no one questions it anymore and I am sure that the McCanns and CR do nothing to clarify the matter.

If someone in Germany could get in touch with Argo Verlag and Amazon.de and told them that there is no ban or injunction on the book in Portugal, it might help.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Wed 18 Nov - 11:27

I must be wrong then. I always thought that if Amaral didn't appeal within 30 days, the injuction stays in place. It seems to be the other way around now!
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 18 Nov - 11:33

Carolina,

Many thanks for explanation. Can"t Amaral now complain to Carter Ruck (copies to all distributors) for gross
interference , I can"t see Germany bowing to their demands.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Wed 18 Nov - 11:50

Gonçalo Amaral made his appeal on the injunction against him but as he has been sued by the McCanns and the injunction is a preventive measure with regard to the case, it stays in force until the case goes to trial.

As for the book, that is a matter for the publishers, who are the sole owners of the copyrights in their respective languages, whether they are the Portuguese editors or the German or the French, and so on. GA is no longer responsible for the printing, sale, etc of his work as he sold the original copyright to Guerra & Paz.

What really bothers me is that CR, in this case, did not hesitate to lie when they made their threats to Amazon. I believe that this could be considered a serious breach of ethics and should be brought to the attention of their peers. I am considering writing to Paul Farrelly, seeing as he was involved in the case of the super injunction against the Guardian.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 18 Nov - 12:11

Carolina

What a great idea.........go for it!!!!! Since the Fund is paying for the continued involvement of Carter Ruck,
the McCanns should also be censured for being so vindictive towards Amaral.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Wed 18 Nov - 14:03

Please, Carolina, do it.
Write to Paul Farrelly.
Good idea!
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Wed 18 Nov - 14:15

It seems that the McCanns get what they want. Ever.
They wanted to flee Portugal 2007 and undoubtedly did it.
They wanted to silence G. Amaral (now Amaral IS silent).
They wanted to ban his book in Europa.
Result: it is not available in GB , Portugal and Amazon.de removed it, and the french version, too.
It is just the beginning.
They wanted to let remove "The Madeleine Foundation"- sites from the web. So they disappeared from the web.
They wanted to ban the reasons booklets and - voila - we can not order them any longer.

What is next?

Nobody and nothing is stopping them.
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Wed 18 Nov - 14:37

Lilemor: We are here to stop them because they can't silence everyone. No one has given up the fight, especially here in Portugal.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 18 Nov - 14:40

They may off banned the books but you can still read the e-books online.

There will always be a way otherwise people wont have information about anything.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 18 Nov - 14:55

Carolina wrote:Lilemor: We are here to stop them because they can't silence everyone. No one has given up the fight, especially here in Portugal.

I think the Portugese Court is too eager to give in to the McCanns . What evidence did they hear from Amaral
before promptly banning the Sale of his Book and the DVD.? I hate to say it, but the Portugese Police holding
meetings with Brian Kennedy present was well out of order and they never really stamped their Authority on
this case.

Sorry if it offends you but there were several instances of the Portugese being led rather than leading the
investigation. Too much Government interference I fear.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Wed 18 Nov - 15:08

Too much governmental interference.
I think that is it, yes.

Next question:
How to put pressure on a government and justice???

The leaflets in Rothley for example have been a good thing.

IMO central London would have been a great place, too.
The University Of Justice, in front of the High Court.... for example.

THE TRUTH MUST OUT!

But how?

Imo nobody would dare nowadays to print new leaflets (shocking conclusion of the files) and distribute them.
Carter Ruck (or/and McCanns) created new precedents...
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sat 21 Nov - 13:15

Colonel Fabien wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:
MissGivings wrote:Is it me?? It reads to me like it is Goncalo's book The truth of the lie this is about, not 60 reasons.

You're right Missgivings....its Goncalos book and I want to know if anyone had permission to translate his book and where is this paypal button selling it now?

Argo Verlag in Germany bought the copyright for the German version of the book from the Portuguese editor Guerra & Paz, so they had permission to do so.

So how comes Tony Bennett is allowed to sell it??
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sun 22 Nov - 16:38

Carter Ruck attempts to ban German Edition of Amaral's book - Page 2 Paypal10
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Mon 23 Nov - 12:28

Regarding Senhor Amaral and the injunction against his book and therefore against him is still confusing me.
The whole thing started the wrong way round, so to say.
It seems that the whole thing started "at the end".

The judge did ban Amarals book. WHY?
I assume because the McCanns found mistakes/false allegations in it.
That should/must be the reason for their actions regarding the book.

Well, the normal and usual procedure for the court regarding such a "lie-book" should be, using my common sense: FIRST to clarify if there are really lies in the book. It is the most important issue. But it didn´t happen.... If there are lies is crucial! And should be more or less simple to find out.

Assuming there are lots of false allegations/lies it would be perhaps right to froze the authors assets.
But why to froze assets? Is to froze assets a sentence??? Or what is it?
Why such a measure by the court? It doesn't make sense imo.
And there is still no answer regarding the lie-question.

Or is there an answer?
Did the judge clarified if there are lies in the book???
And we just don´t know.

How can the court rule to froze Amarals fortune without a thorough investigation of the lie-question before that?

WHERE is the justification to froze fortunes of an author without examining his book thoroughly and the clarification who is right and/or wrong?
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2