Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amaral V McCann trial

+56
kitti
maebee
Dimsie
Lilemor
hobnob
jypsybear
jay2001
T4two
pipstar1
welshy
saloongirl
fred
Kazlux
Annabel
lynn
MJH1901
nanadebbie
sans_souci
wjk
krissie
Alfiefinn
deborah
Claudia79
keepingmum
duncanmac
fedrules
Carolina
louiseh
Keela
Eve
it's me again
Colonel Fabien
quickfingers
Judge Dread
macy
Alpine Aster
ali1966
weissnicht
fishie
Christine
curious george
Arguida
MilkyWay
stellarose
oversoon
Jem
Susan
RIORITA
snowflake
nostra
oliver
tanszi
steve1295
suzyone
frencheuropean
Justiceforallkids
60 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 2 Empty Re: Amaral V McCann trial

Post  weissnicht Tue 1 Dec - 11:37

carlymichelle wrote:so they are going to court???
Do they have to take their children (Amelie, Sean and Madeleine) with them? Because they are suing Amaral too, with their (greedy) parents. (writ)
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :
Amaral V McCann trial - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amaral V McCann trial - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Tue 1 Dec - 11:40

I always thought it was very strange that they included Maddie in all of this. If she is WOC, isn't it up to the judge to speak in her name?
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :
Amaral V McCann trial - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amaral V McCann trial - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 1 Dec - 13:42

If Madeleine is still a Ward of Court, the Parents are not her Guardians and I would have thought have no right to act on her behalf. I would have thought the High Court would represent her, so maybe once the McCanns
got the LP Files last year and the case was shelved the High Court is no longer Guardian.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Tue 1 Dec - 14:12

Beattie wrote:If Madeleine is still a Ward of Court, the Parents are not her Guardians and I would have thought have no right to act on her behalf. I would have thought the High Court would represent her, so maybe once the McCanns
got the LP Files last year and the case was shelved the High Court is no longer Guardian.
Do they have to take the kids with them, as they are in the writ. (woc or not)
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 1 Dec - 14:32

Weissnicht

I doubt it, maybe have to produce Birth Certificates, but at this stage I would assume Levy, their Lawyer would
do any talking, it is only a preliminary hearing where hopefully Amaral gets to put his side of the Story. It has
been Smethurst and Abreu advising the McCanns and we don"t know how good these Lawyers are. Not in the
same class as CR . If Amaral has his day in Court and satisfies the Judge that he said nothing to harm the
McCanns or their children, accused them of nothing, maybe the injunction will be lifted, it"s not just him, its the
Book Publishers and the Portugese firm that made the DVD
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Tue 1 Dec - 14:35

weissnicht wrote:
Beattie wrote:If Madeleine is still a Ward of Court, the Parents are not her Guardians and I would have thought have no right to act on her behalf. I would have thought the High Court would represent her, so maybe once the McCanns

Weiss nicht, no, it is very highly unlikely that they take their kids with them.
It would be against child protection really.
Child protectors would protest!
Imagine how confusing such a court-thing would be for S. and A.
And harmful.
All the allegations agains mummy and daddy (if there will be allegations)...
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 1 Dec - 14:40

Beattie wrote:Lilemor,

I really don"t know. Here each party has their own Lawyer who presents the case in Court and the Judge
makes the decision or a Jury. I think the injunction was made by 1 Judge, but in a proper trial I think there
are three judges under Portugese Law, plus Juries.

It will take months before we get to Trial stage this is probably just a preliminary hearing so that Amaral can
have his say.
A trial where the defendant risks a prison sentence or the amount in dispute is high requires three judges.
I don't know the exact threshold but this trial will definitively require a collective of judges.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Tue 1 Dec - 14:49

Lilemor wrote:
weissnicht wrote:

Weiss nicht, no, it is very highly unlikely that they take their kids with them.
It would be against child protection really.
Child protectors would protest!
Imagine how confusing such a court-thing would be for S. and A.
And harmful.
All the allegations agains mummy and daddy (if there will be allegations)...
Of course it would be terrible for S and A.
It aready is.
But, after all, they are suing Amaral (with their parents). Do they have to be there? (what does the law say about that)
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Tue 1 Dec - 15:06

No, Weiss nicht.
I know what you mean.
But they, the kids, not REALLY sued Amaral.
They are much too young to do so.
The parents had to decide and they have the custody.
They decided to sue in the name of S. and A.
Which is different.
Children, aged like Sean and Amelie, can in no way decide if they want to sue.
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Tue 1 Dec - 15:08

MCXLIII wrote:
Beattie wrote:Lilemor,

I really don"t know. Here each party has their own Lawyer who presents the case in Court and the Judge
makes the decision or a Jury. I think the injunction was made by 1 Judge, but in a proper trial I think there
are three judges under Portugese Law, plus Juries.

It will take months before we get to Trial stage this is probably just a preliminary hearing so that Amaral can
have his say.
A trial where the defendant risks a prison sentence or the amount in dispute is high requires three judges.
I don't know the exact threshold but this trial will definitively require a collective of judges.

Thank you for the information.
A collective of judges would be fine I assume.
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 1 Dec - 15:09

MCXLIII

Let"s just see how the McCanns cope in a Court of Law, no good Kate saying er, um, er um or Gerry threatening
a walk out if he is asked a difficult question. Amaral V McCann trial - Page 2 23324 Amaral V McCann trial - Page 2 294124

Actually I wouldn"t mind going to Lisbon and sitting in the Visitors Gallery or whatever when the Trial starts,
if there was enough of us we could hire a Coach.!!!! Do you live anywhere near Lisbon?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Tue 1 Dec - 15:10

Lilemor wrote:No, Weiss nicht.
I know what you mean.
But they, the kids, not REALLY sued Amaral.
They are much too young to do so.
The parents had to decide and they have the custody.
They decided to sue in the name of S. and A.
Which is different.
Children, aged like Sean and Amelie, can in no way decide if they want to sue.
Ok.

Now a different issue. Madeleine is suing too. She is WoC. Her legal guardian is an adult. Does she have to be there???
(she should, IMO)
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Tue 1 Dec - 15:16

Beattie wrote:I notice it was a Female judge who ordered the injunction, obviously swayed by the inclusion of Madeleine, Sean and Amelie and the "suffering" of the McCanns. Lets hope a more impartial Judge presides this time, at
least Amaral will have the opportunity to defend himself.

Do we know how much has been raised so far for Amaral"s Fund?

An interestingly sexist remark - surely not a suggestion that female judges are unable to be impartial.

And yes, it would be interesing to see how many people are supporting Amarals appeal against the injunction financially. I gather it will be announced in due course.
sans_souci
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 689
Warning :
Amaral V McCann trial - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Amaral V McCann trial - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Tue 1 Dec - 15:19

Weiss nicht,
it would be nice if Madeleine could be there...

But Amaral V McCann trial - Page 2 29204 Amaral V McCann trial - Page 2 284844 no.

I think her soul is not longer with us.
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 1 Dec - 15:26

sans souci

Yes, it does come across as sexist but what I meant was Women are usually more compassionate than Men and the fact that the Judge ordered the immediate injunction without Amaral being able to defend himself is hardly
fairminded.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 1 Dec - 15:44

Beattie, I am unsure as to what your comments about female judges are really implying.

Are you saying that when children are involved, women judges cannot be fair minded? Are you suggesting that all women judges are incapable of fulfilling the role properly?

Or are you suggesting that this particular woman judge, in this case acted unfairly?

If the latter, I would be interested to know how you draw that conclusion as to the best of my knowledge the documentation and case work on which she based her judgement has NOT been released to the public.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Tue 1 Dec - 15:45

Lilemor wrote:Weiss nicht,
it would be nice if Madeleine could be there...

But Amaral V McCann trial - Page 2 29204 Amaral V McCann trial - Page 2 284844 no.

I think her soul is not longer with us.
I agree.

But her legal guardian is still 'with us' so far as I know. I she doing something? Coming to court? Anything?
Madeleine is WoC, she have to. It's her job ! It's a legal issue.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 1 Dec - 16:25

jjp

From what I read the Mccanns wanted the Book and DVD banned and to my mind the Judge did act unfairly
in that she didn"t hear Amaral"s side of the story first. His Lawyer has made it plain that Amaral has never accused the McCanns of being complicit in Madeleine"s disappearance, but as a Detective with 26 years
experience he gives very valid reasons why he does not think there was an abduction. By ordering an immediate injunction it seems as though she has already taken the side of the McCanns even before the Trial.

For the McCanns to claim they and their children have been traumatised by the Book and DVD and that their
health has suffered and to try to get 1.2 million Euros is beyond the pale for me because we all know from the
Cutting Edge Docu that the Family are in fine health. I just hope they get their comeuppance on this and that
the Portugese Judges and Jury will see through them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 1 Dec - 17:06

Beattie, without being able to access the documentation, or having any real understanding of the way the Portuguese legal system works, I am simply going to wait and see. I can't judge the judge without some real evidence.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 1 Dec - 17:22

jjp wrote:Beattie, without being able to access the documentation, or having any real understanding of the way the Portuguese legal system works, I am simply going to wait and see. I can't judge the judge without some real evidence.

Agreed, I read somewhere that the Portugese Judicial System was supposed to be the 5th most Democratic
in Europe, I think the case of Madeleine completely overwhelmed them and the World Wide interest put them
under a lot of pressure. Wasn"t it Ribiero who turned a blind eye to the McCanns employing Metodo 3 which created a secondary investigation supposed to not be allowed? How come Kennedy was able to attend a meeting with Portugese Detectives and Metodo 3?

Anyway, let"s hope the Trial is held in private and that hordes of Press don"t descend on Lisbon and create
more McCann mania.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread Tue 1 Dec - 19:23

If the McCann's lose this case and the ban is lifted, they are doomed. The book will become a best seller the world over.

If the McCann's win this case and the ban remains, they are doomed. The book will become the most sought after publication in the world.

Either way... They are doomed!

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 2 25346
Judge Dread
Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 1 Dec - 19:54

im only just getting with it, today is the 1st. Dec, any late news of whats happening/happened
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 1 Dec - 19:56

Hiya tanzi, they don't have to be there until the 11th December.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Tue 1 Dec - 20:41

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 2 306321

It will be very interesting to see what happens
Eve
Eve
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 225
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Tue 1 Dec - 20:50

Just a quick note about another "abduction" which according to the parents took place in June in the north of France. Typhaine 5 disappeared according to her mother, in a street of Maubeuge, the mother who was sure it was an abduction and confident the little girl would be recovered soon. Today the police arrested her and her friend. They have recognised that the child died in the house ( accident or to severe trashing) and they buried the body in a wood. She apparently lied because she didn't want to loose the custody of her to other children. The police is trying to locate the body.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next