Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10

+52
Alpine Aster
hobnob
oliver
RIORITA
Papillon
FSoares
Alfiefinn
fuzeta
MaryB
quickfingers
Fudge
Claudia79
zodiac
lea
Ang
margaret
Susan
Roasted Arizona
Jem
ann_chovey
flubber
Eve
tabs
bootsy
Bebootje
Jean-Luc
hollie4
tanszi
welshy
roseland69
devonmum
Annabel
Keela
keepingmum
HiDeHo
halfamo
Christine
fred
Justiceforallkids
mollydog
Faithlilly
chirpy
comperedna
wjk
MJH1901
Simon K
Angelina
contrary
Estelle
kitti
it's me again
Heartsease
56 posters

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 Empty Re: Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jan - 22:30

Maybe Sky got Carter Rucked? You know one of their little phone calls that Clarence told us about at the Select Committe (I think it was Clarence or one of the three goons anyway) that usually "does the trick".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jan - 22:32

MaryB wrote:Does this mean there will be no live commenting. Or just the discussion boards closed. Not that I post there but I sometimes read them. But often they don't make much sense.

It only says the discussion board and in a way that is understandable because they would be right to expect a lot of anti McCann comments!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 12 Jan - 22:34

Thank you viv. Does seem a bit much to close the discussion boards because they don't like what people are saying. So much for free speech.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Tue 12 Jan - 22:35

Not spoiling the pleasure, viv. However, it has been reported by a Belgian paper that the actual statement made about the 50/50 possibility of Madeleine being alive had included the word "initially". This having been said before the dogs indicated means it makes more sense to me why the PJ pursued an investigation into Madeleine's death .If the Belgian report is correct,by stripping the word "initially" from the sentence the Sky reporter has altered the context and meaning of what was said. My little 'joke' was that the upgrade would automatically amend Sky comments to be pro-McCann.

I am actually pleased about how it went today. Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 Icon_flower
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :
Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jan - 22:36

fuzeta wrote:

You could not make it up could you! Do you think we will still get the court report or is that down for maintenance. Or do they need to urgently recruit a reporter who will report only what he is instructed? Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 23324

Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 294124 I'm not so confident now that our court report will happen
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jan - 22:44

Alfiefinn wrote:Not spoiling the pleasure, viv. However, it has been reported by a Belgian paper that the actual statement made about the 50/50 possibility of Madeleine being alive had included the word "initially". This having been said before the dogs indicated means it makes more sense to me why the PJ pursued an investigation into Madeleine's death .If the Belgian report is correct,by stripping the word "initially" from the sentence the Sky reporter has altered the context and meaning of what was said. My little 'joke' was that the upgrade would automatically amend Sky comments to be pro-McCann.

I am actually pleased about how it went today. Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 Icon_flower

I am sorry but that would make a nonsense of the prosecutor's evidence, he would not be asked what he felt at the time Madeleine went missing, he would be asked what the ultimate view was otherwise it would be worthless. No lawyer is going to give evidence that is just not helpful to the court. The court are looking at whether Goncalo's ultimate view following his investigation was correct or reasonable they are not looking at what was thought in the first place! Originally we were told it was thought Madeleine was alive if you recollect. Then some time later, well no the little girl may be dead. I think it is shame if people are just going to play about with the evidence to make it fit what they want to hear, because it causes us a a group opposed to the McCanns to lack credibility. Leave the fanciful rubbish to Rosie and her gang, we do not need to do that, the facts are quite bad enough!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Tue 12 Jan - 22:49

Harvesmom wrote:
fuzeta wrote:

You could not make it up could you! Do you think we will still get the court report or is that down for maintenance. Or do they need to urgently recruit a reporter who will report only what he is instructed? Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 23324

Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 294124 I'm not so confident now that our court report will happen

Me neither Harvesmom. We seem to be now living in George Orwells's 1984 book. As in everything is rewritten on a daily basis. You have to forget what was read yesterday and believe what has been written today. Else you could end up in room 101. Do you think thats where that Sky reporter has ended up. Never to be seen again Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 23324
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jan - 22:50

MaryB wrote:Thank you viv. Does seem a bit much to close the discussion boards because they don't like what people are saying. So much for free speech.

I think they would just face an unmanageable avalanche and Carter Ruck would insist they moderate those remarks to avoid libel which would be one hell of a task!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jan - 22:51

fuzeta wrote:
Harvesmom wrote:
fuzeta wrote:

Me neither Harvesmom. We seem to be now living in George Orwells's 1984 book. As in everything is rewritten on a daily basis. You have to forget what was read yesterday and believe what has been written today. Else you could end up in room 101. Do you think thats where that Sky reporter has ended up. Never to be seen again Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 23324

Nah I think his tea was ready. Thats why he made such a sharp exit Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Tue 12 Jan - 22:54

Harvesmom wrote:
fuzeta wrote:
Harvesmom wrote:
fuzeta wrote:

Nah I think his tea was ready. Thats why he made such a sharp exit Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 23324

I think you are right harvesmom. He was there a long time. What do you think he had for tea? 'RAT' Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 234512

Last edited by fuzeta on Tue 12 Jan - 22:56; edited 1 time in total
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Tue 12 Jan - 22:55

Hi viv, thanks for the reply.

Hopefully, if some Portuguese posters were able to gain entrance to the court, as they hoped we may be able to clarify matters, as we may then get more reporting on what was said.
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jan - 23:01

viv wrote:
I am sorry but that would make a nonsense of the prosecutor's evidence, he would not be asked what he felt at the time Madeleine went missing, he would be asked what the ultimate view was otherwise it would be worthless. No lawyer is going to give evidence that is just not helpful to the court. The court are looking at whether Goncalo's ultimate view following his investigation was correct or reasonable they are not looking at what was thought in the first place! Originally we were told it was thought Madeleine was alive if you recollect. Then some time later, well no the little girl may be dead. I think it is shame if people are just going to play about with the evidence to make it fit what they want to hear, because it causes us a a group opposed to the McCanns to lack credibility. Leave the fanciful rubbish to Rosie and her gang, we do not need to do that, the facts are quite bad enough!

Viv, here's the transcript of Menezes appearance, via JondiPaolo:

11:20 : The first witness is being called by videoconference.

11:23 : It is the attorney who was in charge of the original inqury into Madeleine's disappearance, Jose Magalhaes e Menezes

11:25 : His testimony is marred by a high-pitched whine of feedback from the microphone - and the fact the screen can't be seen by the public

11:26 : The McCanns can't see the person giving evidence. Mr Amaral can, but doesn't seem to be looking at him.

11:26 : Mr Amaral's lawyer is cross-examining the witness.

11:37 : Mr Menezes is saying that English police sniffer dogs were brought to Portugal to help in the search for Madeleine.

11:38 : He says that the decision to make the McCanns 'arguidos' - suspects - was taken by the police and then confirmed by the public attorney.

11:39 : The decision to designate Kate and Gerry as 'arguidos' was taken after the sniffer dogs carried out their searches.

11:40 : There were several possible charges that could have been brought against the McCanns: kidnapping and selling a child were among them. s.

11:48 : The witness was asked what the probability was of Madeleine still being alive. He replied that he thought it was * 50/50.

11:55 : Mr Menezes said that a claim made by the McCanns on the first day after Madeleine's disappearance was not true

11:57 : He claimed that although the parents had been checking on Madeleine, it was not as often as every 30 minutes

11:56 : The witness said that Kate and Gerry's report that they had been checking on their daughter every half an hour was inaccurate

12:01 : Police intercepted text messages sent by the McCanns because they were suspicious of the parents' role in Madeleine's disappearance.

12:02 : The text messages sent by Kate and Gerry were never admitted as evidence gathered as part of the investigation.

12:08 : Mr Menezes said he has not read the book written by Mr Amaral that triggered this case, Maddie: The Truth Of The Lie.

12:18 : A report signed by Chief Inspector Tavares De Almeida said that Madeleine died in the flat in Praia da Luz, the witness adds.

12:19 : Now it's the turn of the McCanns' legal team to cross-question the witness.

12:24 : The McCanns' lawyer makes the point that 'evidence' usually sightings - has suggested Madeleine is still alive

12:25 : He says that the McCanns are not responsible for generating any of this 'evidence' that their daughter is not dead.

12:26 : Another of the McCanns' lawyers moves to quiz the witness - literally. She gets out of her seat and walks right up to the video screen

12:33 : She says that the McCanns were always totally prepared to come back to Portugal to take part in a reconstruction of the disappearance

12:34 : The McCanns' lawyer asks the witness whether he understands the title of Mr Amaral's book to imply some sort of dishonesty by the McCanns.

12:38 : Who suggested the checking of the McCanns' text messages, Mr Menezes is asked. The police, he replies.

12:39 : The text messages were never considered as part of the investigation because the judge did not allow it, the court hears

12:45 : The senior lawyer for the McCanns has approached them on the front bench of the public gallery for a quick huddled conversation.

Bearing in mind this is via twitter (limited to 140 characters per tweet) should * have been replaced with 'initially'?? Look at those two consecutive statements - one including 50/50, the next talking about the FIRST day after Madeleine's disappearance. The problem is we don't have any context for those statements, but I don't think we can automatically exclude the possibility that he might have said "initially 50/50". Purely IMHO.

I've added a link in the OP to the Day 1 transcript:

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/main-maddie-thread-latest-news-f1/sky-live-transcript-day-one-t7174.htm#153295
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Wed 13 Jan - 0:16

The translation of the 1st paragraph from the link below, is:

Magalhães e Menezes, procurador do Ministério Público que arquivou o processo Maddie, disse hoje, terça-feira, que a tese de morte é a mais provável para explicar o desaparecimento de Maddie McCann, o que não quer dizer que seja a correcta.

"Magalhães e Menezes, the prosecuting attorney who has archived Maddie's process, said today, tuesday, the thesis of death is the most probable to explain the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, which doesn't mean that's the correct one."

(In my opinion, among all the witnesses today, Magalhães e Menezes had the worst performance, but, knowing he has archived the case, we couldn't expect much from him. Tomorrow, Moita Flores will have his saying in Court.)

http://jn.sapo.pt/Dossies/dossie.aspx?content_id=1467956&dossier=O%20caso%20Maddie%20McCann
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 13 Jan - 0:49

FSoares wrote:The translation of the 1st paragraph from the link below, is:

Magalhães e Menezes, procurador do Ministério Público que arquivou o processo Maddie, disse hoje, terça-feira, que a tese de morte é a mais provável para explicar o desaparecimento de Maddie McCann, o que não quer dizer que seja a correcta.

"Magalhães e Menezes, the prosecuting attorney who has archived Maddie's process, said today, tuesday, the thesis of death is the most probable to explain the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, which doesn't mean that's the correct one."

(In my opinion, among all the witnesses today, Magalhães e Menezes had the worst performance, but, knowing he has archived the case, we couldn't expect much from him. Tomorrow, Moita Flores will have his saying in Court.)

http://jn.sapo.pt/Dossies/dossie.aspx?content_id=1467956&dossier=O%20caso%20Maddie%20McCann

Many thanks, FSoares Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 Icon_flower

My interpretation of "most probable" is "(significantly) more than 50%", i.e. 60,70, 80%. He wasn't giving "evens" for dead:alive. In fact, "most" would suggest (to my mind) 70-90% probability, at least. He didn't say "more probable" but "most probable"??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Wed 13 Jan - 1:27

Photon wrote:
FSoares wrote:The translation of the 1st paragraph from the link below, is:

Many thanks, FSoares Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 Icon_flower

My interpretation of "most probable" is "(significantly) more than 50%", i.e. 60,70, 80%. He wasn't giving "evens" for dead:alive. In fact, "most" would suggest (to my mind) 70-90% probability, at least. He didn't say "more probable" but "most probable"??

You're welcome! Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 Icon_flower

I also agree with your interpretation, but I'm having a translating problem here, and maybe someone can help me. In Portuguese, the word "mais", means "more". However, anytime we have the expression "mais provável", we generally translate by "most probable". If it helps, that same expression in Portuguese translates to French, by "la plus probable" and to Spanish to "la más probable". So, I definatelly think this "most probable" must be an accurate translation.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 13 Jan - 1:44

11:48 : The witness was asked what the probability was of Madeleine still being alive. He replied that he thought it was * 50/50.

Oh come on Photon, there is nothing ambiguous about this! In the context of this trial the importance of that question and the answer are more than obvious!

It was a blow to Goncalo but he will get over it.

Nothing detracts from the fact that the McCanns told lies from day one, Goncalo says so and he is right. There is only one reason they would do that.

It is not a simple issue, are they innocent and Maddie was abducted or are they guilty and they killed Madeleine and you know it is isn't, so stop playing games.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 13 Jan - 1:49

viv wrote:11:48 : The witness was asked what the probability was of Madeleine still being alive. He replied that he thought it was * 50/50.

Oh come on Photon, there is nothing ambiguous about this! In the context of this trial the importance of that question and the answer are more than obvious!

It was a blow to Goncalo but he will get over it.

Nothing detracts from the fact that the McCanns told lies from day one, Goncalo says so and he is right. There is only one reason they would do that.

It is not a simple issue, are they innocent and Maddie was abducted or are they guilty and they killed Madeleine and you know it is isn't, so stop playing games.

So sorry, Viv - I didn't realise that you were in the courtroom and are totally fluent in Portuguese - you should have said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  hobnob Wed 13 Jan - 1:50

I wonder if the fact the mccanns hired daniel krugel to find her body will be brought up indicating then that the parents suspected or knew Madeleine was dead?

i wonder if they will bring up the pink princess's statement where he said kate and gerry had no part in Madeleines death again indicating the belief or knowledge that Madeleine was dead.
both are relevant since they indicate a knowledge or belief that madeleine is dead which is contrary to their public statements that they believe she is alive and not seriously harmed

i am also interested to know what the bit of cloth contaminated with cadaverine and reacted to by the dogs is especially as it was found NOT in their original apartment but in their flat.
I didn't know about this bit of info so it would be interesting to know exactly what it was and why they kept it?
hobnob
hobnob
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 431
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Papillon Wed 13 Jan - 2:51

Just want to thank everyone who updated this thread today, well done, and thank you.
Papillon
Papillon

Number of posts : 30
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 13 Jan - 7:31

reporting from a court case has nothing to do with carter ruck or libel laws at all

as for the blogs/discussions being down today, its for maintenance, the world does not revolve around the mccann story
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  RIORITA Wed 13 Jan - 7:42

I would also like to thank everyone for updating this thread otherwise
I would not have a clue what is going on. Very much appreciated. Sky Live Day 1 - 12/01/10 - Page 25 307691
RIORITA
RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 13 Jan - 8:36

It looks as though we missed the testimony of the last witness (Posted 2 hours ago):

Rangeeni

@JondiPaolo sorry you had to leave court before Luis Neves testimony. If poss could you please report all day today? Many thanks

Rangeeni is aka Kazlux from MCF

I wonder what we've missed???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 13 Jan - 8:42

Morning Van - Joana stayed to the end of the session - she has details of the Nunes testimony on her blog.

I asked her in a comment why she thought jondipaolo had to leave early but so far no comments have appeared - suspect she is already on her way to court.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 13 Jan - 9:21

According to Martin Brunt at around 9.00 this morning, the court session lasted 10 hours yesterday, so it would seem we have missed quite a lot of information.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  oliver Wed 13 Jan - 9:54

is there a tweet we can follow?? can someone post the link please?
i tried sky - but , nothing.
thanks in anticipation!
oliver
oliver
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 197
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next