Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barbara Nottage + Carter Ruck

+9
fred
it's me again
Dimsie
MissGivings
fedrules
lea
Lizzy11268
ann_chovey
AnnaEsse
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Barbara Nottage + Carter Ruck - Page 2 Empty Re: Barbara Nottage + Carter Ruck

Post  Dimsie Mon 8 Feb - 12:48

fedrules wrote:As for Carter Ruck, it was the police who originally cast doubt on the truth of the abduction claim. Can we be sued for tending to believe the police over two former suspects in their daughter's disappearance. Statistics alone make the parents the most likely culprits.
Yes, indeed, fedrules, that the police were very doubtful an abduction had taken place is well known to all. But not just the police; the official summing-up by the Portuguese public prosecutor made it crystal clear that there were at least 4 possible scenarios -

neglectful homicide
intended homicide
targeted abduction
opportunistic abduction

Are we to ignore part of what the public prosecutor says, in favour of what Team MCann say? Why should we? Trying to force people to ignore other theories in favour of one amounts IMO to bullying and is of doubtful legality in itself.

It should also be remembered that the public prosecutor said 'to establish whether she is still alive or if she is dead, as seems more likely.'

Has anyone from Carter-Ruck actually read the official files and know what's in them? Have they read the PJ final report or the public prosecutor's summing-up? Maybe it's time someone tried to clip their wings a little, in a spirit of helpfulness, of course, before they disgrace themselves with further nonsensical correspondence.
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :
Barbara Nottage + Carter Ruck - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Barbara Nottage + Carter Ruck - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  it's me again Mon 8 Feb - 13:41

I did wonder that- we could helpfully send a copy of the CD and a print out of translations? and to Mr Edgar to assist him also.
it's me again
it's me again

Number of posts : 39
Warning :
Barbara Nottage + Carter Ruck - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Barbara Nottage + Carter Ruck - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Mon 8 Feb - 16:16

amethyst wrote:beboot i know the photos show them shut, i just thought that gerry had closed them - never read anywhere that they claimed the abductor shut them-you cant shut them from the outside lol just as you cant open them from there either

I thought that Gerry had closed them as well, and I have never read that the McCanns have claimed that the abductor closed the shutters. Kate has always insisted that the window and shutters were wide open causing the curtains to go "whoosh" when she entered the room, so how could they now claim that the abductor closed the shutters?
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 8 Feb - 16:27

jinvta wrote:

I thought that Gerry had closed them as well, and I have never read that the McCanns have claimed that the abductor closed the shutters. Kate has always insisted that the window and shutters were wide open causing the curtains to go "whoosh" when she entered the room, so how could they now claim that the abductor closed the shutters?[/quote]

Because the Mccanns change their story, more often than they change their underwear. The delectable Philomena was on GMTV among other media outlets, claiming that the shutters had been jemmied, that was before the story changed to left open patio doors.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Bebootje Mon 8 Feb - 16:37

jinvta wrote:
amethyst wrote:beboot i know the photos show them shut, i just thought that gerry had closed them - never read anywhere that they claimed the abductor shut them-you cant shut them from the outside lol just as you cant open them from there either

I thought that Gerry had closed them as well, and I have never read that the McCanns have claimed that the abductor closed the shutters. Kate has always insisted that the window and shutters were wide open causing the curtains to go "whoosh" when she entered the room, so how could they now claim that the abductor closed the shutters?

Because the shutters were obviously shut when the police arrived (see the photo's of the appartment). So Gerry maybe had to explain why. The could have shut themselves but that would have been a dumb tampering with the crime scene wouldn't it. To dumb for a docter. But if he said that then it would be somewhere in the files.
Bebootje
Bebootje
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Bebootje Mon 8 Feb - 16:38

fedrules wrote:Didn't Mccann say he opened and closed the shutters to ascertain how easy and quiet it would be for an abductor to open them from the outside..
As for Carter Ruck, it was the police who originally cast doubt on the truth of the abduction claim. Can we be sued for tending to believe the police over two former suspects in their daughter's disappearance. Statistics alone make the parents the most likely culprits.

I can remember him saying that, but don't remember when
Bebootje
Bebootje
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 8 Feb - 17:00

Bebootje wrote:
fedrules wrote:Didn't Mccann say he opened and closed the shutters to ascertain how easy and quiet it would be for an abductor to open them from the outside..
As for Carter Ruck, it was the police who originally cast doubt on the truth of the abduction claim. Can we be sued for tending to believe the police over two former suspects in their daughter's disappearance. Statistics alone make the parents the most likely culprits.

I can remember him saying that, but don't remember when

In the pic, the Woman Police Officer is seen dusting for prints and it is on record that there were only two prints
found, both Kate"s.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 8 Feb - 17:54

bebootje, I think he said it in his september statement

beattie, that is not correct, kate's prints were on the window pane, but there were 3 sets I think unidentified prints on the shutters - so probably gerry's, diane webster's and one of the rest of the group - can't recall off the top of my head who
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Wed 10 Feb - 7:50

From Gerry McCanns's May 10th statement (after returning to the room when Kate raised the alarm):

"Then he closed the shutters, made his way to the outside and tried to open them, which he managed to do, much to his surprise given that he thought that that was only possible from the inside."

Is this true? Is it possible to open the shutters from the outside as Gerry claims to have done? IMO, he claims to have opened and closed the shutters because his fingerprints were all over them from trying to jemmy them!

I was also surprised to read in this statement "Despite what he said in his previous statements, he states now and with certainty, that he left with KATE through the back door which he consequently closed but did not lock, given that that is only possible from the inside. Concerning the front door, although he is certain that it was closed, it is unlikely that it was locked, because they left through the back door."

So, apparently they did not even check to see if the front door was locked before heading out for a night of boozing it up! I suppose the front door had to be unlocked as well since it was determined that the abductor could not have exited the window or patio doors.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 10 Feb - 10:38

No doubt that if the shutters were not sufficiently closed then you could get your hand under and shove them up, simple.

But, they were fully closed and you cant slip your hand under then.

Also, how do we know HOW gerry opened them, if they were slightly open like it looks in a pic, and the window was open too, you could slip your hand under u the shutter and thro the window and pull the cord.

That is what he probably did as your cant do that if the window is closed as you cant get to the cord.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Wed 10 Feb - 10:42

kitti wrote:No doubt that if the shutters were not sufficiently closed then you could get your hand under and shove them up, simple.

But, they were fully closed and you cant slip your hand under then.

Also, how do we know HOW gerry opened them, if they were slightly open like it looks in a pic, and the window was open too, you could slip your hand under u the shutter and thro the window and pull the cord.

That is what he probably did as your cant do that if the window is closed as you cant get to the cord.

All the windows in my house have the roll up shutters and even if they are not sufficiently closed and you can get your hand under, there is absolutely no way you can open them by shoving them up. The mechanism does not permit it and that is why they are safe.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 10 Feb - 10:43

Hmmmmmm...hence the man coming round a day or so to mend the shutters......will gm say they were broken?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2