Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions

+24
Christine
mrbrightside
kitti
Dimsie
Angelina
duncanmac
Justiceforallkids
dutchclogs
jinvta
mancmum
jypsybear
lea
fedrules
bootsy
renoir
DavidA
T4two
AnnaEsse
keepingmum
malena stool
Arsenal666
lynn
Lioned
squeaker
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Predictions Empty Predictions

Post  MaryB Sat 13 Feb - 23:11

I wish I could predict the outcome of this case on 18th February but I can't. But I think if the book stays banned then there will be a flurry of crackdowns and suings and attempts to suppress blogs and websites. And I think the media will be a lot more wary on what they print.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
Predictions Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Predictions Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Predictions Empty Re: Predictions

Post  squeaker Sat 13 Feb - 23:17

I don't see how the mcCanns could possibly "win" after what has happened last week. I think the book might stay banned only if it was going to affect the re-opening of the case. So it's OK either way!!
squeaker
squeaker
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Sat 13 Feb - 23:39

i have a feeling we will be let down again,
the mccs will probably go on another suing spree i agrree,
just hope Amaral does indeed have some evidence which will reopen the case otherwise we are never going to see any justice,i agree the book may stay banned if the case is about to be reopened.
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 640
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Sat 13 Feb - 23:44

i wonder how tanner must be feeling if indeed she has been sued?
she already has been made out to be a liar by gerry himself when his docu got aired,
she must be feeling really peeved off with it all,if she and hubby have nothing to hide wonder if they will come forward if they know of anything to do with maddie going missing?
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 13 Feb - 23:51

We may well be let down again lea.

The entire British system of Law, Justice, Respect, Fairness, Integrity, Child Protection and Decency has been smeared, tainted and abandoned by the UK establishment in order to protect the self confessed child neglecting or even worse McCanns.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Sat 13 Feb - 23:55

malena stool wrote:We may well be let down again lea.

The entire British system of Law, Justice, Respect, Fairness, Integrity, Child Protection and Decency has been smeared, tainted and abandoned by the UK establishment in order to protect the self confessed child neglecting or even worse McCanns.

i didnt beleive in all that before but if indeed the book stays banned and the case doesnt get reopened i will for sure be thinking there is some truth in this,
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Sun 14 Feb - 0:01

i do find it very strange the leics police dont speak up to help the portugueise police in the case against Amaral,
there must be some goings on,it just seems like they are not giving us any clues which side they are on,would be great to find out,once and for all.
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 14 Feb - 0:03

I predict that it is extremely unlikely that the muccas will ever be convicted in a court of law for any 'wrong doings' relating to the disappearance or demise of Maddie.
There has been so much publicity it is now hard to imagine how they could possibly be considered to get a 'fair' trial ! Any average lawyer would get them off on that technicality.

The Portuguese missed the opportunity to get them for neglect,though i suppose they could have another go at that if they could disprove the 'time line' checks.

The only realistic chance of the mccscams being banged up would be a confession (bit unlikely i would have thought) or a very reliable witness.

Fraud remains the most likely outcome if you are looking for criminal charges.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Sun 14 Feb - 0:06

Lioned wrote:I predict that it is extremely unlikely that the muccas will ever be convicted in a court of law for any 'wrong doings' relating to the disappearance or demise of Maddie.
There has been so much publicity it is now hard to imagine how they could possibly be considered to get a 'fair' trial ! Any average lawyer would get them off on that technicality.

The Portuguese missed the opportunity to get them for neglect,though i suppose they could have another go at that if they could disprove the 'time line' checks.

The only realistic chance of the mccscams being banged up would be a confession (bit unlikely i would have thought) or a very reliable witness.

Fraud remains the most likely outcome if you are looking for criminal charges.

i hope your wrong lioned,
couldnt bear for them to get away with what indeed did happen to maddie,
poor child needs a decent burial,
makes me sooo mad and want to cry for maddie poor beautiful baby all on her own in the darkness,soo sad
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 14 Feb - 0:12

I hope i'm wrong too,but realistically i doubt we will ever see any new 'compelling' evidence.

That is why it is so important for forums like this to continue to spread the word so at least we will know they have been 'tried' in the public domain and will never be allowed to sleep easy again.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Sun 14 Feb - 0:13

tell u what if the tapas 7 dont ever come up with anything,
it just tells u what kind of people they are,
for instance,their heads are all up their own backsides they are stuck up spoilt brats which love themselves and their children come second to them,for them not care about a little 3 year old which has dissapeared of the face of this earth is dispicable,
i dont beleive all of them know nothing of this,one or two will surely know something.
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Sun 14 Feb - 0:17

Lioned wrote:I hope i'm wrong too,but realistically i doubt we will ever see any new 'compelling' evidence.

That is why it is so important for forums like this to continue to spread the word so at least we will know they have been 'tried' in the public domain and will never be allowed to sleep easy again.

hi lioned,
thats not good enough for me,
maddie needs justice,f---k their sleepless nights ,
we have been here for nearly 3 years i want to see justice at the end of all this,
just hope Amaral or someone else has evidence which will reopen the case and lead to the mccs being banged up.
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Sun 14 Feb - 1:00

wonder if the people in rothley will still give the mccanns their support after what has been revealed in the press lately?
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Sun 14 Feb - 1:22

Unless Amaral comes out with the information he says he has, and also he said he has not said all, the Mcs could win. Still waiting for Amaral's reveal.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Sun 14 Feb - 1:25

lynn wrote:Unless Amaral comes out with the information he says he has, and also he said he has not said all, the Mcs could win. Still waiting for Amaral's reveal.

lets hope Amaral saves the day,
if hes book is banned or not,
just hope he reveals something to get the case reopened.
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Sun 14 Feb - 1:27

Do hope so lea, as the case seems to rest on what Amaral will reveal. He did say he has not said all yet.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Sun 14 Feb - 1:32

lynn wrote:Do hope so lea, as the case seems to rest on what Amaral will reveal. He did say he has not said all yet.

i think Amaral has done a splendid job so far,
especially as it was all revealed in the press,
cant wait to see if theres more to come.
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Arsenal666 Sun 14 Feb - 2:06

MaryB wrote:I wish I could predict the outcome of this case on 18th February but I can't. But I think if the book stays banned then there will be a flurry of crackdowns and suings and attempts to suppress blogs and websites. And I think the media will be a lot more wary on what they print.

The webs to big for the likes of the Evil Ones to have any real influence over,thank god.These bad ones are heading towards justice and they can see it clearer then ever.So they have to prolong the agony and live the lie for as long as they can in the desperate hope that by chance of perverse luck they might wriggle free.Any person who takes even 10 minutes to study the case,even a Mccanite would say they should be arrested.So keep spreading the word tell a friend,tell a friend to tell a friend !!

Viva Freedom of speech
Arsenal666
Arsenal666

Number of posts : 48
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Sun 14 Feb - 2:20

im very sorry off topic but anyone know what happened to tripz?
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 14 Feb - 11:01

lea wrote:wonder if the people in rothley will still give the mccanns their support after what has been revealed in the press lately?
There isn't the support for the McCanns from Rothley that the media would have us believe, lea.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Sun 14 Feb - 12:53

I've no idea what decision this judge will come to but I think both sides have said they'll appeal if the decision goes against them, so it certainly won't be end of the book business. That could go on for years, being taken to a higher court each time.

As for GA knowing things he hasn't mentioned as yet in public or in the courtroom, it may be that whatever he knows is part of what's been held back and therefore he's not in a position to mention it. None of us know what other evidence - if any - is held by the police. It's one thing to have evidence that tells the police a particular solution is probably the correct one, but evidence isn't the same as proof. It takes cast-iron proof to win a case in court and that proof is obviously at this stage not available.

Also, don't forget that it's GA's statement that Madeleine is dead and her body disposed of that the McCanns say they object to. He says his knowledge of the investigation convinces him and others that this is true. We know he can't prove it, but he says he is presenting it as a thesis. His position as the original coordinator of the investigation obviously gives his words more weight than the words of those on blogs or in forums, who are simply speculating on solutions, going by what is now known to everyone since the release of the official case files. Team McCann can try to close blogs or forums, but what would be the point of that since for every closed forum another two will probably open and even more people join the discussion? That's the way of the Internet and something they have no hope of ever stopping.

For those people not on the Internet the only way to get the information about the case files to them is by including that information in a book/booklet. The important thing, if this is done, is to resist the temptation to draw conclusions from the information, because that will just end in allegations of libel. Facts are what the public needs to read, then they can draw their own conclusions.

If the case is reopened (reopened by the PJ, not reviewed by anyone else) it would probably again come under the secrecy of justice in Portugal, though of course some information would most likely come out as it did last time. The PJ may not want to reopen the case without new evidence of some validity, but if Kate McCann were to offer to answer the 48 questions or if all Tapas 9 people indicated their willingness to take part in a reconstruction, then IMO that might be enough to get it reopened. In some ways the ball is in Team McCann's court, just as it always has been.
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  keepingmum Sun 14 Feb - 12:55

i think you are right Dimsie. i'm sure Dr. Amaral knows far more than he is able to reveal - unfortunately.
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Sun 14 Feb - 13:13

lea wrote:i have a feeling we will be let down again,
the mccs will probably go on another suing spree i agrree,
just hope Amaral does indeed have some evidence which will reopen the case otherwise we are never going to see any justice,i agree the book may stay banned if the case is about to be reopened.

I wish that Amaral does has evidence to get the case re-opened, but why would he have not used it befor now, if he had he wouldn't be in this position now of been in court, so I dont hold any hope out that he does........Sorry!!!
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 14 Feb - 13:18

lea wrote:im very sorry off topic but anyone know what happened to tripz?

Ah yes, tripz. Where has he gone?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Sun 14 Feb - 13:23

Dimsie wrote:I've no idea what decision this judge will come to but I think both sides have said they'll appeal if the decision goes against them, so it certainly won't be end of the book business. That could go on for years, being taken to a higher court each time.

As for GA knowing things he hasn't mentioned as yet in public or in the courtroom, it may be that whatever he knows is part of what's been held back and therefore he's not in a position to mention it. None of us know what other evidence - if any - is held by the police. It's one thing to have evidence that tells the police a particular solution is probably the correct one, but evidence isn't the same as proof. It takes cast-iron proof to win a case in court and that proof is obviously at this stage not available.

Also, don't forget that it's GA's statement that Madeleine is dead and her body disposed of that the McCanns say they object to. He says his knowledge of the investigation convinces him and others that this is true. We know he can't prove it, but he says he is presenting it as a thesis. His position as the original coordinator of the investigation obviously gives his words more weight than the words of those on blogs or in forums, who are simply speculating on solutions, going by what is now known to everyone since the release of the official case files. Team McCann can try to close blogs or forums, but what would be the point of that since for every closed forum another two will probably open and even more people join the discussion? That's the way of the Internet and something they have no hope of ever stopping.

For those people not on the Internet the only way to get the information about the case files to them is by including that information in a book/booklet. The important thing, if this is done, is to resist the temptation to draw conclusions from the information, because that will just end in allegations of libel. Facts are what the public needs to read, then they can draw their own conclusions.

If the case is reopened (reopened by the PJ, not reviewed by anyone else) it would probably again come under the secrecy of justice in Portugal, though of course some information would most likely come out as it did last time. The PJ may not want to reopen the case without new evidence of some validity, but if Kate McCann were to offer to answer the 48 questions or if all Tapas 9 people indicated their willingness to take part in a reconstruction, then IMO that might be enough to get it reopened. In some ways the ball is in Team McCann's court, just as it always has been.

Dimsie I can't see how it can go on that long taking it to higher courts, neither of them have the finance to do that, imo if they (the Mcs) lose I think we will see them actually back off. Iin the past 24 months all we have had from the Mcs is idle threats never following them through, they have only gone ahead with this because imo they knew the book was going to be released they, were desperate to stop it been released here in the UK, they had no choice but to call Mr Amarals bluff, but as we have seen this has backfired big time.

The Mcs have more or less asked for the case to be re-opened.............coming PJ, you have a chance here to be the goodies and not the sardine munching baddies!! Predictions 613255
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down