Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10

+28
sybilsleaves
Lizzy11268
Justiceforallkids
Roasted Arizona
dumouchelwolf
bootsy
Simon K
fred
jimuck
POPPY1
AnnaEsse
Judge Dread
buildersbum
Luz
Susan
Keela
margaret
duncanmac
halfamo
oliver
Alpine Aster
mara thon
Annabel
MaryB
FSoares
keepingmum
mancmum
quickfingers
32 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 Empty Re: What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10

Post  Keela Thu 18 Feb - 14:26

Bit of a joke Portugal isn't it? nice place for a holiday but as far as living there - NO WAY!!. The performance of the local police throughout this sad sage has been nothing short of pathetic.

- Norman, Bristol UK, 18/2/2010 13:13
Click to rate Rating 25

Report abuse
This police man should hold his head in shame, he didn't do his job as he should have done in the first place, had he done so, there is a chance that Madeline would have been found. He is a disgrace to any police force, and now he's trying to make money out of it.

- Jack Graham, Bingley UK, 18/2/2010 13:13

Two of the posts on the Mail online. Xenophobic doesn't begin to describe the remarks. To think that I am British and these are the remarks of my fellow countrymen. I am so ashamed to be the same nationality. The guy commenting on holidaying and living in Portugal should look at the police forces of the UK. Some of them should hang their heads in shame. A case in point being the Met and their recently jailed chief.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :
What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 Empty Re: What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10

Post  lea Thu 18 Feb - 14:26

Ambersuz wrote:What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 67062031

GAmaral the fight will go on...

http://twitpic.com/13xde7

Ambersuz,thats a lovely pic of Amaral,
he looks so distinguished.
i admire that man and hope his fight for justice will eventually be won,
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 640
Warning :
What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Thu 18 Feb - 14:34

I'll be merging threads, regarding reports on the ban.

Sorry if its inconvenient but it'll be far easier to read all the reports if they are grouped together What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 Icon_flower
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 18 Feb - 14:43

ITV news....robert murat is bringing a libel case against one off the mccanns friends.....that was it, one sentence
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  dumouchelwolf Thu 18 Feb - 16:51

The full statement from Kate and Gerry McCann today:

We are very pleased and relieved with the judge's decision in Lisbon today.
By upholding the injunction against Goncalo Amaral's book and DVD, the judge has rightly agreed that there has been significant, ongoing damage to the search for our beloved daughter Madeleine and to the rights of our family.
We are grateful to the judge for accepting that this injustice must not continue.
The court case has demonstrated, once again, that there is no evidence that Madeleine has come to any harm.
It has also clearly shown that no police force is actively looking for Madeleine, even, shockingly, when they are presented with new information and leads.
The motives of those who have tried to convince the world that Madeleine is dead, and who've disgracefully and falsely tried to implicate us in her disappearance, need to be seriously questioned.
As painful and personally damaging as the slanderous claims of Mr Amaral and his supporters have been to us and our family, our primary focus has always been, and always will be, to find Madeleine through our own best investigative efforts.
It is still incumbent upon the British and Portuguese authorities to ensure that every credible lead has been investigated and that a meaningful search for our innocent and vulnerable little girl is properly carried out.
We must and will keep looking for Madeleine and those responsible for her abduction.
We implore the public, especially the Portuguese people, to help us look for Madeleine, to remain vigilant and to give us any information that could help us find our daughter.
Please do not give up on Madeleine. Please call 800 814 028 (in Portugal) or 0845 838 4699.
Thank you
Kate and Gerry McCann

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1251964/Madeleine-McCann-Judge-upholds-ban-book-claiming-dead.html#comments#ixzz0fuJ3s3Nu
dumouchelwolf
dumouchelwolf
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 237
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Thu 18 Feb - 17:01

dumouchelwolf wrote:The full statement from Kate and Gerry McCann today:

By upholding the injunction against Goncalo Amaral's book and DVD, the judge has rightly agreed that there has been significant, ongoing damage to the search for our beloved daughter Madeleine and to the rights of our family.
We are grateful to the judge for accepting that this injustice must not continue.
The court case has demonstrated, once again, that there is no evidence that Madeleine has come to any harm.
It has also clearly shown that no police force is actively looking for Madeleine, even, shockingly, when they are presented with new information and leads.
The motives of those who have tried to convince the world that Madeleine is dead, and who've disgracefully and falsely tried to implicate us in her disappearance, need to be seriously questioned.
As painful and personally damaging as the slanderous claims of Mr Amaral and his supporters have been to us and our family, our primary focus has always been, and always will be, to find Madeleine through our own best investigative efforts.
It is still incumbent upon the British and Portuguese authorities to ensure that every credible lead has been investigated and that a meaningful search for our innocent and vulnerable little girl is properly carried out.
We must and will keep looking for Madeleine and those responsible for her abduction.
We implore the public, especially the Portuguese people, to help us look for Madeleine, to remain vigilant and to give us any information that could help us find our daughter.
Please do not give up on Madeleine. Please call 800 814 028 (in Portugal) or 0845 838 4699.
Thank you
Kate and Gerry McCann

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1251964/Madeleine-McCann-Judge-upholds-ban-book-claiming-dead.html#comments#ixzz0fuJ3s3Nu

thanks for this dumouchelwolf,
they have a bloody cheek to still be asking the portuguise people for help,our primary focus has always been and always will be to find madeleine through our own best investigative efforts,
bloody fuming i am,
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dumouchelwolf Thu 18 Feb - 17:15

lea wrote:
dumouchelwolf wrote:The full statement from Kate and Gerry McCann today:

Thank you
Kate and Gerry McCann

thanks for this dumouchelwolf,
they have a bloody cheek to still be asking the portuguise people for help,our primary focus has always been and always will be to find madeleine through our own best investigative efforts,
bloody fuming i am,

Cheek isn't the word and of course all the papers especially the Daily Mail have all their fans on line
I posted my opinion now I am waiting to see of it will be put on line or not.

I am sick to my stomach today, roll on the next court case and hopefully we will all get what we have waited years for and thats Justice for Madeleine
dumouchelwolf
dumouchelwolf
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 237
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Feb - 17:37

Ah ... It is amazing that they are not questioned publicly in the UK as to why they did not ask for the case to be reopened when they had the opportunity to do that during a time limited period after the case was archived in Portugal. If they really wanted a police force to be looking for Madeleine, of course.

Surely they didn't need this particular case to show that no police force is actively looking for Madeleine? The world and its wife has known this since the case was archived.

It does seem, sometimes, what with their naive childcare arrangements initially in 2007, their continual incapacity to equate 'missing' with 'harm' and now their acknowledged surprise that no police force is actively looking for Madeleine, as if the McCanns are a little behind the rest of Joe Public in common sense and assimilation of facts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Luz Thu 18 Feb - 18:33

Ambersuz wrote:Its not a victory for little Madeleine. What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 36898

I may sound cruel, but little Madeleine is the least of the Mcc's worries, it always have and will be. It's all about us, the limelights and our Fund money to keep us going.

Thanks for the pic on the side, that's me: "Light" = Luz
Luz
Luz
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 389
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Thu 18 Feb - 18:41

Team Mccann maybe celebrating this evening but I assure you it will be short lived, one way or another.

IMO from what I read about the court case, the witnesess and evidence, proved one thing that Mr amaral won hands down so why did the judge uphold this ban, I have to question it and the conclusion Ive come to is there is a very good reason for this outcome,(something is about to change with the case!!!) and we will find out in the near future.

Also if Team M think they have got one over on Mr Amaral then they are far more stupid then I thought, this will only make him dig in deeper, if there is no reason other then a cover up by PT/UK then the gloves are off NOW!!!!

Todays outcome has not changed my view, I still feel that 2010 is going to be a very bad year for them, and they know it What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 738116
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread Thu 18 Feb - 19:37

buildersbum wrote:Team Mccann maybe celebrating this evening but I assure you it will be short lived, one way or another.

IMO from what I read about the court case, the witnesess and evidence, proved one thing that Mr amaral won hands down so why did the judge uphold this ban, I have to question it and the conclusion Ive come to is there is a very good reason for this outcome,(something is about to change with the case!!!) and we will find out in the near future.

Also if Team M think they have got one over on Mr Amaral then they are far more stupid then I thought, this will only make him dig in deeper, if there is no reason other then a cover up by PT/UK then the gloves are off NOW!!!!

Todays outcome has not changed my view, I still feel that 2010 is going to be a very bad year for them, and they know it What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 738116

I'm with you, buildersbum... It might take a while, but they will go down... And I'm gonna be right there when they do!

What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 25346
Judge Dread
Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 Empty Not a mention

Post  Roasted Arizona Thu 18 Feb - 19:52

on BBC news at 6 or ITV at 6.30 What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 Icon_flower
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 18 Feb - 19:54

Roasted Arizona wrote:on BBC news at 6 or ITV at 6.30 What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 Icon_flower

And you actually have to search for it now on the Daily Mail's web site.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Thu 18 Feb - 19:56

Mind you they might just be waiting for the press conference tomorrow What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 541656 What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 36317 What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 680495
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Thu 18 Feb - 20:03

Roasted Arizona wrote:Mind you they might just be waiting for the press conference tomorrow What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 541656 What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 36317 What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 680495

i think we should have a little break tomorrow,
sod the bloody conference,
im going shopping to ease my tension,
its been bad enough today hearing that amaral hasnt had the book ban lifted,
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  bootsy Thu 18 Feb - 20:09

I do hope dear Sandra has managed to get a flight for tomorrow's conference What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 23324
bootsy
bootsy
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 18 Feb - 20:12

bootsy wrote:I do hope dear Sandra has managed to get a flight for tomorrow's conference What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 23324

Me too! I hope she hounds them!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Thu 18 Feb - 20:13

bootsy wrote:I do hope dear Sandra has managed to get a flight for tomorrow's conference What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 23324

What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 294124 she would put gerry in his place What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 294124
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon K Thu 18 Feb - 20:27

I was re-living my youth earlier today, by listening to 'Absolute Classic Rock Radio' and it was lead item on the news all afternoon.

I must admit I'm feeling pretty down about the whole thing today, I can just imagine the smug McTw@t having a few celebratory whiskies tonight before urging his wife to go to the bedroom (after checking the twins of course) and putting on her sexy bl........ Sorry... sorry, forget that last bit, I got carried away there for a minute (actually the thought of THAT would make me puke).
Simon K
Simon K
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 72
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  POPPY1 Thu 18 Feb - 20:32

Simon K wrote:I was re-living my youth earlier today, by listening to 'Absolute Classic Rock Radio' and it was lead item on the news all afternoon.

I must admit I'm feeling pretty down about the whole thing today, I can just imagine the smug McTw@t having a few celebratory whiskies tonight before urging his wife to go to the bedroom (after checking the twins of course) and putting on her sexy bl........ Sorry... sorry, forget that last bit, I got carried away there for a minute (actually the thought of THAT would make me puke).

Nice one Simon K

Trouble is, KM is the face that sank a thousand ships, but she is so,so sexy.

I'm going GAGA What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 738116 What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 738116 What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 738116
POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1103
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jimuck Thu 18 Feb - 20:35

Simon K wrote:I was re-living my youth earlier today, by listening to 'Absolute Classic Rock Radio' and it was lead item on the news all afternoon.

More like Gerry putting on the sexy BL,,,,and a pair of FREN,,,KNIC,,,. just his style if you ask me
jimuck
jimuck
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Number of posts : 302
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 18 Feb - 20:39

jimuck wrote:

More like Gerry putting on the sexy BL,,,,and a pair of FREN,,,KNIC,,,. just his style if you ask me

More like Gezza making Kate dress up in a school uniform. with DP watching whilst hanging from the chandelier.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon K Thu 18 Feb - 20:51

Do you think the Pink One sits in with them and at the appropriate time tells Gezza it's time to go for the 'vinegar strokes'?
Simon K
Simon K
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 72
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Thu 18 Feb - 21:07

fred wrote:
jimuck wrote:

More like Gezza making Kate dress up in a school uniform. with DP watching whilst hanging from the chandelier.

What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 294124 What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 294124 What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 23324 What the papers say - Book Ban - 18/2/10 - Page 3 23324
that is sooo funny,
had pictures in my head imagining it lol,
spat my sweet out on puter.
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  bootsy Thu 18 Feb - 21:10

At this moment in time i wish the dubai squad would land at Rothley Towers im so angry about the outcome today
bootsy
bootsy
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next