Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10

+8
lynn
jimuck
Lizzy11268
the one and only big_l
Lilemor
MaryB
LindaDA
AnnaEsse
12 posters

Go down

Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 Empty Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10

Post  Lilemor Sat 20 Feb - 12:14

Amaral already prepares his counter-attack
20 February 2010 | Posted by astro Leave a Comment

During a presentation of his second book, the former inspector revealed how he will respond to the ban on “The Truth of the Lie”

by Joaquim Eduardo Oliveira

Former Polícia Judiciária (PJ) inspector Gonçalo Amaral told 24Horas yesterday that he is already working on the appeal over the judicial decision that this Thursday maintained the ban on his book “Maddie, The Truth of the Lie”, and revealed some of the “trumps” that he will use in the protest against the arguments that were used by the judge of the 7th Civil Court Section, Gabriela Cunha Rodrigues.

In the late afternoon, minutes before another session to present his other book, “The English Gag”, in Lisbon – a book that is already in its third edition -, Amaral spoke about the arguments that he will use to fight those that led the magistrate to grant the request of Madeleine McCann’s parents.

“Contrary to what is being announced, the sentence is not as favourable [for the McCanns] as people think”. Amaral even says that by rewriting some of the terms of the first injunction, she has allowed him to “speak about the case, and seriously”.

“By taking the expression “to infer” out of the decision, we are allowed to analyse, for example, the English detectives’ work, the McCann couple’s strategies, and other theses that are neither in the book nor in the documentary”, he alleged.

There is no police officer who doesn’t talk

Gonçalo Amaral also challenges the argument according to which, due to him having been a State agent, he could not express other opinions – allegedly contrary to what had been written in the inquiry’s archiving dispatch.

“There are many State agents, there are State medics who wrote books… that is not the way to limit freedom of expression. There is no police officer, in Portugal or anywhere in the world, who is limited in the full exercise of that freedom”, he said.

Amaral will also allege, in his appeal, the need for a “serious discussion” over the possible use, in Portuguese law, of “the figure of recurso de amparo”, which is practiced in other countries, which allows – for example in the case of injunctions – to appeal directly to the Constitutional Court. Otherwise, he says, “we fear that the path is leading us into previous or a posteriori censorship.”

source: 24Horas, 20.02.2010
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :
Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 Empty Re: Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 20 Feb - 12:29

Thank you, Lilemor. I am pleased to see that Dr Amaral is still being positive and that there are some good changes to the injunction.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 Empty Re: Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10

Post  Guest Sat 20 Feb - 12:33

hmmm, might explain wht they didn't appear really over the moon yesterday. really would like the ruling fully explained.

Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MissGivings Sat 20 Feb - 12:34

It seems that the injunction to gag him has been lifted. So he will now be able to speak freely? This will cause them a lot of problems methinks.
MissGivings
MissGivings
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 20 Feb - 12:37

Clarrie does not appear to have read the ruling when he stuck out his pompous chest and pontificated about defamation and the McCanns' delight!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 20 Feb - 15:31

“Contrary to what is being announced, the sentence is not as favourable [for the McCanns] as people think”. Amaral even says that by rewriting some of the terms of the first injunction, she has allowed him to “speak about the case, and seriously”.

Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 873702 Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 738116 Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 463742

We still need to know WHY she upheld part of the injunction, though!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LindaDA Sat 20 Feb - 17:18

This is great news!

I do wish the Judge could have done a summing up (like they do in normal courts of law, or other libel cases), where they lay out the reasons for their ruling.

Perhaps then she could have explained that although she had to take this decision to follow the law to the letter, she could also have had stern words for the McCanns use of the media when it suited them, and Kate's refusal to answer police questions and how that impacted on the case etc.

Wonder if this happened, and the McCanns were scalded by it, and worry that the public might find out?
LindaDA
LindaDA
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 292
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 20 Feb - 19:22

Could somebody please explain exactly what this means. As I'm not quite sure. But I did think the McCanns didn't look very happy at all yesterday and I wondered why.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Sat 20 Feb - 20:20

Isabel Duarte : “In our office, we are analysing all of the documents that came from the Algarve, selecting those that seem to be important to us and that which is secondary, or absolutely necessary, so I can meet with my colleagues and with my clients, and all of us make a decision concerning the reopening of the process, which they have manifested, over the last few days, that they want to do, after finding out that there are several elements in the Portimão process that they did not know about.”

Not very delightful for the saintly couple, hmmm?
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  the one and only big_l Sat 20 Feb - 20:24

Lilemor wrote:Isabel Duarte : “In our office, we are analysing all of the documents that came from the Algarve, selecting those that seem to be important to us and that which is secondary, or absolutely necessary, so I can meet with my colleagues and with my clients, and all of us make a decision concerning the reopening of the process, which they have manifested, over the last few days, that they want to do, after finding out that there are several elements in the Portimão process that they did not know about.”

IF there was one of the tapas who gave a statement amended or not implying gerry and kate in all this but the police do not have enough evidence to persue the information from the statement and that was in the files that the mccanns never got i,d be ONE VERY WORRIED tapas member.
the one and only big_l
the one and only big_l
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 727
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy11268 Sat 20 Feb - 20:25

Well, I wish Sr Amaral a whole lot of luck with the next stage.

Even without knowing who is right and who is wrong the simple phrase "banning a book" would have me supporting the writer of the book. Unless the book was inducing violence or blatantly racist, which are illegal to write in the first place anyway.

BAN A BOOK? NOT IF WE HAVE ANY SAY IN THE MATTER MR AND MRS MCCANN. THIS AINT NAZI GERMANY

And thats all I have to say, really.
Lizzy11268
Lizzy11268
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 426
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  the one and only big_l Sat 20 Feb - 20:37

Lizzy11268 wrote:Well, I wish Sr Amaral a whole lot of luck with the next stage.

Even without knowing who is right and who is wrong the simple phrase "banning a book" would have me supporting the writer of the book. Unless the book was inducing violence or blatantly racist, which are illegal to write in the first place anyway.

BAN A BOOK? NOT IF WE HAVE ANY SAY IN THE MATTER MR AND MRS MCCANN. THIS AINT NAZI GERMANY

Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 307691 :Applaud:gave you a point for that one lizzy Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 944533
the one and only big_l
the one and only big_l
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 727
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy11268 Sat 20 Feb - 20:48

the one and only big_l wrote:
Lizzy11268 wrote:Well, I wish Sr Amaral a whole lot of luck with the next stage.

Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 307691 :Applaud:gave you a point for that one lizzy Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 944533

Lol, thank you kindly Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 25346

Book banning or attempts to do so are a big bugbear of mine, and the fact that I wasnt really fans of theirs before the book, you can imagine my horror.

Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 87679 I don't think so , Sonny Jim......
Lizzy11268
Lizzy11268
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 426
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  jimuck Sat 20 Feb - 21:05

I agree totally , also remember JK ROWLING an author of books, financially supported the MaCanns, then the MaCanns ,with this kind of support went on to get A FELLOW AUTHORS BOOK BANNED,, she should be holding her head in shame.
jimuck
jimuck
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Number of posts : 302
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Sat 20 Feb - 21:27

All "banned books" turn up somewhere so keep an eye out for it to turn up at the local little bookshop. Amaral's book is now worth a lot of money to get hold of, so the Mcs have actually done him a favour.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  sybilsleaves Sat 20 Feb - 21:40

People who previously had absolutely no interest in the McCann case are now twittering about it because the McCanns are trying to ban this book. Censorship of this kind annoys a great many people. Those people will now want to read the book and can do so online. The book will have a much wider readership thanks to this injunction than it would have had without the injunction.

And no, they didn't look over the moon yesterday. In fact, I have never seen them look so awful. In fact, I thought Gerry looked as if he'd been crying.
sybilsleaves
sybilsleaves
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 95
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  MissGivings Sat 20 Feb - 21:45

sybilsleaves wrote:People who previously had absolutely no interest in the McCann case are now twittering about it because the McCanns are trying to ban this book. Censorship of this kind annoys a great many people. Those people will now want to read the book and can do so online. The book will have a much wider readership thanks to this injunction than it would have had without the injunction.

And no, they didn't look over the moon yesterday. In fact, I have never seen them look so awful. In fact, I thought Gerry looked as if he'd been crying.

sybilsleaves, that's exactly what I thought. His eyes, especially his eyelids looked all puffed up. It's the first thing I said to my other half when he came home last night.
MissGivings
MissGivings
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 20 Feb - 21:53

lynn wrote:All "banned books" turn up somewhere so keep an eye out for it to turn up at the local little bookshop. Amaral's book is now worth a lot of money to get hold of, so the Mcs have actually done him a favour.

Us humans are like Adam and Eve all our lives; tell us to not touch, we will want to touch....we will be desparate to eat that forbidden apple!

Ban a book and we will want to read it like you wouldn't believe!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sun 21 Feb - 14:13

Lilemor wrote:Isabel Duarte : “In our office, we are analysing all of the documents that came from the Algarve, selecting those that seem to be important to us and that which is secondary, or absolutely necessary, so I can meet with my colleagues and with my clients, and all of us make a decision concerning the reopening of the process, which they have manifested, over the last few days, that they want to do, after finding out that there are several elements in the Portimão process that they did not know about.”

I was sure this is what Clarence said his clients did NOT want Amaral already prepares his counter-attack, Joana Morais, 20.2.10 29204
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 21 Feb - 19:41

Dear old gerry doesnt want the case open, he wants a REVIEW.....which means it will be a cover up to 'cover-up' what is already....covered up.

If gerry mccann has anything to do with it then it will be the same old same.......no reconstruction, no answering questions just him and clarence mitchell alone with his other cronies who shout abduction whitewashing anything to do with dogs.....death etc.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down