Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire

+9
AnnaEsse
pennylane
Dimsie
fred
Justiceforallkids
wjk
quickfingers
cass
Sterling10
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire Empty Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire

Post  quickfingers Fri 21 May - 12:19

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1280139/Fiona-Adams-Mother-charged-murdering-children-house-fire.html

Another one who conned the world!

A mother was last night charged with murdering two of her children in a house fire.
Fiona Adams, 23, is accused of killing her five-year-old daughter Niamh and son Cayden, two.
They died in a blaze at the family's home in Buxton, Derbyshire, on April 23.
Mrs Adams, who leapt from the burning house with her eight-month-old son Kiernan in her arms, has also been charged with his attempted murder and arson.

At the time of the fire, there was speculation that local louts were responsible after Mrs Adams called police to the terraced property an hour earlier.
She claimed a gang of youths were in her garden making threats. But when police searched the house and the garden they found nothing.
Shortly after, she posted a Facebook message saying 'You can smash the windows and the car but you won't get me and the kids.'
Less than 45 minutes later her home became an inferno. Mrs Adams told police she had tried to save her other children but was beaten back by the flames.

A 17-year-old boy was arrested in connection with the incident at the time but was released without charge shortly after.

Police said the address was known to them after they had been called to it several times over the past three years for domestic-related incidents.

The children's father, hotel worker James Maynard, was playing pool at the time after finishing work.

Friends and family of the mother reported that she was being harassed by youths in the area on the night the fire ripped through the house.
Speaking at the time, close friend Karen Jackson, 29, said: 'Whoever did this deserves to be hanged.'

Adams is due to appear before magistrates in Chesterfield later today.

Poor kids.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :
Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire Empty Re: Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire

Post  Sterling10 Fri 21 May - 12:26

I can't quite get my head round this one. Why did she do it??

Did she set it up to look like one of the gang had done it and it all went tragically wrong? Was her accommodation rented, did she do it to get a move??

I'm not making excuses, but I think it's human nature to try and find some kind of reasoning for the actions but this just beggars belief. Poor children.
Sterling10
Sterling10

Number of posts : 40
Warning :
Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire Empty Re: Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire

Post  wjk Fri 21 May - 12:30

It never crossed my mind that the mother had started that fire. I was shocked last night when I heard this.

Last edited by wjk on Fri 21 May - 12:36; edited 1 time in total
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sterling10 Fri 21 May - 12:33

No it came as a shock to me too wjk. It seems to me that it all went pearshaped when the children and herself got caught up in it. Maybe she never expected it to go up in an inferno... From the pics the whole house was gutted very quickly.
Sterling10
Sterling10

Number of posts : 40
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 21 May - 17:01

The Mistake this Mother Made was not insisting the Gang of yobs had burned her house down ,She should have kept stating that was the case , no other explanation .would do
Then hired a firm of Private detective , that specialize in Fraud , to go searching for the gang of youths ,
Report to the Media , via elaborate press conferences with a conveniently borrowed Spin Doctor that the Youths have been seen all over Europe .
And ask The Public to donate Money to help the Search .
Then when the Forensics come back pointing the finger at Her (The Mother) do all you can to refute , and discredit the Findings .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 21 May - 17:04

fizzbomb200 wrote:The Mistake this Mother Made was not insisting the Gang of yobs had burned her house down ,She should have kept stating that was the case , no other explanation .would do
Then hired a firm of Private detective , that specialize in Fraud , to go searching for the gang of youths ,
Report to the Media , via elaborate press conferences with a conveniently borrowed Spin Doctor that the Youths have been seen all over Europe .
And ask The Public to donate Money to help the Search .
Then when the Forensics come back pointing the finger at Her (The Mother) do all you can to refute , and discredit the Findings .

And get on a plane and head out!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 21 May - 17:26

wjk wrote:It never crossed my mind that the mother had started that fire. I was shocked last night when I heard this.
i too believed the mother , what i cannot understand is that this girl chose to save one of her children omg i wonder if it was a cry for help that went so wrong poor children
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Fri 21 May - 18:31

Seems this has been taken off the DM home page and hasn't been reported elsewhere as far as I can see. The article is still there but not linked from anywhere.

Very strange!
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 21 May - 19:44

quickfingers wrote:Seems this has been taken off the DM home page and hasn't been reported elsewhere as far as I can see. The article is still there but not linked from anywhere.

Very strange!
Yeah, just had a quick search and there is nothing at all Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire 303636
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  hobnob Sat 22 May - 0:03

i had suspicisons and then when it was reported a woman had been arrested i knew it was the mom.
Why if they they don'ty want kis do they murder them rather than ut them up for adoption or foster them to relatives?
I still say that every prospective parent must undergo psychological and financial tests and so on just the same as potential adoptive parents do.
woman should be given an implant as soon as they hit 10 ( or sooner if puberty arrives early) to prevent teenage pregnancies ( there is simply no excuse for anyone to get pregnant under 16 except they get rewarded with benefits and free flats)
All underage sex must be proescuted regardless of their age or age diifference.
If you can't afford a kid or have certain health problems then you aren't allowed to have kids.
maybe then societies children will be born wanted and loved and kept safe rather than the current state of pot luck if you manage to survive childhood despite the actions of your family, friends and the rest of the world.
All cases of child neglect must be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and that includes leaving your toddlers for 5 mins whilst you pop to the shop .
If you make it so that people treat kids as living human beings rather than pets or fashion accessories to be dragged out for special occasions then manybe society will benefit.
No doubt she will plead diminished responsibility, they always do.
hobnob
hobnob
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 431
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sun 23 May - 4:18

no offence hob but i find some of that incredibyly rude i have been disabled since birth with cerebal palsy and many other things does that mean i should have been terminated because i have had and always will be disabled and ill?my parents have loved me uncoditonally since birth many disabled childrens parents dont get the help they deserve but that doesnt mean that disabled children should be aborted in ww2disabledchildren were gassed because they were not fit to live according to hitler i hope that attude has chanegd in 2010....my parents were only 23 and 26 when i was born and my mother and father weere told to put me in a home and forget about me!!!! thank god they did not listern if they had been teenage parents does that mean i should have been aborted?
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  hobnob Sun 23 May - 4:58

i am also disabled so i am allowed to give my opinion. you will note that i did not specify what problems but for example if you are a habitual drug user or alcoholic then sorry no kids, you can't or won't look after yourself so how can we expect you to look after a tiny child?
you have mental health issues such as downs or schizophrenia which requires constant medication then again sorry no kids. what you do to yourself such as refusing to take your medicationi don't care but giving you responsibility for a child no way. There is every chance that you may not realise the child is in danger simply because you do not understand danger yourself or that if you don't take your pills you have a psychotic episode and then it's oh well it' will never happen again till the next time
they may say well this person is a high functioning downs or whatever it doesn't matter. can you trust them to be able to cope with a child? perfectly healthy parents have enough problems so they will only find it harder.
If you can't afford to bring a child up without any financial help such as benefits sorry no kid. we do not pay taxes so that kids can have kids and the workshy can have kids.
The same procedures that adoptive parents go through must be applied to all prospective parents.
Maybe then kids will be born that are wanted and loved, they will have aspirations and a settled home life not uncle tommy this week and uncle bill next week.
people say they have a right to have a child. they don't. If you cannot get pregnant naturally then adopt one of the millions of kids already born and needing a family.
personally i am totally against any IVF. If you can't get pregnant or father a child that is mother nature saying you have bad genes in some cases, or you caught some venereal disease which left you infertile which is tough luck or maybe your body wasn't mean to carry a child to term for whatever reason.
why is it people are so selfish they would rather spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on having a biological child rather than putting that money to better use and adopting one or more kids and making sure they had a good start in life.
You will note also i made no mention whatsoever about abortion in my earlier post so where you got that from i do not know. I have my opinions on abortion and that is my opinion same as you have yours and everyone else has theres.
All too often the perceived rights of the person overide common sense . just because we say you have that right and we can do this or that doesn't mean we should.
hobnob
hobnob
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  hobnob Sun 23 May - 6:19

RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say the mother of a baby and a toddler who were found beaten, bound and gagged in a Southern California bedroom has been arrested.

Riverside County court records show Erica Monique Henry was booked into county jail Tuesday and released on bail Thursday. The 24-year-old has been charged with two felony counts of child abuse.

The grandparents of 18-month-old Miah Scott and 4-month-old Jasmine Scott found the girls Feb. 26 in a home in Jurupa. Investigators say both girls were tied up and had been beaten. One had a sock stuffed in her mouth.

Their father, Jeremiah Scott, was arrested that day and charged with two counts each of torture, child abuse and corporal punishment of a child. He has pleaded not guilty.

Bring back the death penalty for all cases of child neglect and abuse i say especially if harm befalls the child or children
hobnob
hobnob
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 23 May - 8:25

hobnob wrote:RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say the mother of a baby and a toddler who were found beaten, bound and gagged in a Southern California bedroom has been arrested.

Riverside County court records show Erica Monique Henry was booked into county jail Tuesday and released on bail Thursday. The 24-year-old has been charged with two felony counts of child abuse.

The grandparents of 18-month-old Miah Scott and 4-month-old Jasmine Scott found the girls Feb. 26 in a home in Jurupa. Investigators say both girls were tied up and had been beaten. One had a sock stuffed in her mouth.

Their father, Jeremiah Scott, was arrested that day and charged with two counts each of torture, child abuse and corporal punishment of a child. He has pleaded not guilty.

Bring back the death penalty for all cases of child neglect and abuse i say especially if harm befalls the child or children

I have recently been watching a series of videos on YouTube about well-known serial killers and I had begun to think that what I had seen was the very depth of evil and depravity. However, this has really shocked me. At least the BTK (Bind, Torture, Kill) murderer chose adult victims. To treat small children like this is evil that is beyond my imagination to understand.

I have done all kinds of jobs in my life, from supermarket check-outs to assessing children with autism in mainstream education, but the most important one and the hardest and probably the most under-valued, was bringing up my children. I have worked in what in my area is described as "The school from hell," and it scares me somewhat to think of many of the pupils there having children. It's also referred to as, "The pram-pushers school," because of the numbers of pregnancies amongst the pupils. It seems that handing out free condoms to all of the kids from year 7 on isn't actually achieving the desired goal. What can be done when girls are openly boasting about the numbers of boys they have sh@gged and boys are willing to sh@g them and move on to the next willing young girl with no sense of the consequences in terms of unwanted babies and sexually transmitted diseases?

I don't know the answer, but I despair when I hear teachers talk about pupils who are the children of former pupils, where grandmothers of children just starting school are younger than my daughter who has a three-year-old. Irresponsibility repeats itself down through the generations in some families.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  hobnob Sun 23 May - 8:49

by AnnaEsse
I have recently been watching a series of videos on YouTube about well-known serial killers and I had begun to think that what I had seen was the very depth of evil and depravity. However, this has really shocked me. At least the BTK (Bind, Torture, Kill) murderer chose adult victims.

BTK victims

January 15, 1974: Four members of the Otero family
Joseph Otero, 38
Julie Otero, Joseph's wife, 34
Joseph Otero II, son, 9
Josephine Otero, daughter, 11

April 4, 1974: Kathryn Bright, 21 (he also shot Bright's brother, Kevin,19 twice in the head, but he survived)
March 17, 1977: Shirley Vian, 26 (her 3 childen were home, but were locked in a bathroom by Rader and survived)
December 8, 1977: Nancy Fox, 25
April 27, 1985: Marine Hedge, 53
September 16, 1986: Vicki Wegerle, 28
January 19, 1991: Dolores Davis, 62

-----------------------------------------------

the way it is going these days with kids having kids you could be a granny aged just 24 or even if push comes to shove 22 . gone are the days when granny was a grey haired smiling lady who smelled of lavender nowadays she could be mistaken for an older sister.
great granny at 36, great great granny at 48 great great great granny at 60 and so on scary huh?
it used to be you see a young girl with a toddler you knew it was the older sister looking after her sibling for mom, nowadays you look and know that they are mom and daughter, and throughout all this is the notable absence of a father, instead you see a long line of 'uncles' passing through each fathering another child. whole familes are being brought up with every child having a different father.
hobnob
hobnob
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 23 May - 12:43

hobnob wrote:I still say that every prospective parent must undergo psychological and financial tests and so on just the same as potential adoptive parents do.
woman should be given an implant as soon as they hit 10 (or sooner if puberty arrives early) to prevent teenage pregnancies
If you can't afford a kid or have certain health problems then you aren't allowed to have kids.

sieg heil. Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire 36898
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 23 May - 12:51

Marky wrote:
hobnob wrote:I still say that every prospective parent must undergo psychological and financial tests and so on just the same as potential adoptive parents do.
woman should be given an implant as soon as they hit 10 (or sooner if puberty arrives early) to prevent teenage pregnancies

sieg heil. Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire 36898

That bothers me a bit as well, Marky. My own mother was 18 when she had my sister and 19 when she had me. She went on to have seven more children, none of whom has ever been in any kind of trouble with the law and all of whom have grown up with the work ethic. Amongst my mother's grandchildren are a professional footballer, a well-known boxer, a successful company owner, a geneticist and an IT manager for an international company.

I have also seen teenagers who have made very good parents and teenagers who haven't. So, I wouldn't like to say which people should and should not have children, even in terms of finances or health problems.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  hobnob Sun 23 May - 12:57

Why should adoptive parents have to go though all those hoops to adopt a child when any tom dick or harriet can boink the nearest member of the opposite sex and produce a child which they have no intention of looking after properly? Either parents and prospective adoptive parents do not undergo any kind of vetting before getting a child or they both should. fair is fair.
There are parents who are absolutely amazing same as there are adoptive parents who are amazing, there are also parents who should never be allowed anywhere near a child the same as with some prospective adoptive parents.
I would much rather a prospective parent or adoptive parent was vetted to make sure the knew how to care for a child properly and had the resources to do the same than have a child die at the hands of their parent simply because they didn't care or it interfered with their social life.
breeders of dogs and rescue centres vet prospective owners before an animal is released to a new home and in many there are clauses that if needs be the animal is returned to the breeder or centre, why then should a child be any different?
Children need to be loved and protected and i would much rather a live child with a loving caring family than a dead child with a family that didn't give a damn.
Maybe if kate and gerry had been vetted before IVF they would have been turned down and Madeleine wouldn't be in the situation she is in.
it may be that she would never have been born but as she was IVF she may well have been born to a family that did love and care for her and put her and her siblings needs before that of the parents.
hobnob
hobnob
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 23 May - 13:03

AnnaEsse wrote:
Marky wrote:

That bothers me a bit as well, Marky. My own mother was 18 when she had my sister and 19 when she had me. She went on to have seven more children, none of whom has ever been in any kind of trouble with the law and all of whom have grown up with the work ethic. Amongst my mother's grandchildren are a professional footballer, a well-known boxer, a successful company owner, a geneticist and an IT manager for an international company.

I have also seen teenagers who have made very good parents and teenagers who haven't. So, I wouldn't like to say which people should and should not have children, even in terms of finances or health problems.

the state should have no business in these matters. unfortunately, sometimes it gives the impression that it thinks it should and when it does, it should be reminded of it's place at the dining table. after the dog.

Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  hobnob Sun 23 May - 13:08

When you read the litany of children dead and maimed and mutilated at the hands of their parents, step parents and adoptive parents then there are people who should never be allowed to have children. Each case would be looked at on its merits but the needs of the child must come first before the rights of the parent to be. would you really allow a woman with the mental age of a 5 yr old to become a parent? after all she would have that right and who would we be to interfere with that right?
common sense would say no simply because she wouldn't have the mental capacity to understand what was happening and would not be able to care for herself let alone a child.
Would you allow a HIV crack addict whore to become a parent? no simply because she couldn't care for herself and the child would be exposed to danger through neglect. the child would be born a crack addict and also with the risk of hiv and god knows what else.
common sense has to step in and say hang on a minute just because you can doesn't mean you should.

yes these are controversial thought and i make no apology for that, that is my intent.
Why is it one rule for one lot of prospective parents and another rule for another type of prospective parents?
It should be the same for all, either no checks or vetting and the kid takes pot luck and maybe makes it to adulthood in one piece or we say ok you want to be a parent these are the requirements.
before long i fully expect adoptive parents to make claims saying their human rights are being infringed simply because they have to jump through all these hoops and there are age limits and all sorts whilst that couple next door can have unlimited kids despite them drinking and smoking and doing drugs and her being 50 and him being 65 and they aren't even married.
hobnob
hobnob
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  hobnob Sun 23 May - 13:20

AnnaEsse wrote:
Marky wrote:

Your mother was 18 that is an adult she wasn't 13 and having kids, she managed to bring you all up as responsible people by being a responsible parent. her standards were handed down to you and to your kids. She did an amazing job.
That is a big difference to chelsea fecklesswho is pregant at 13, 15 , 16 and 17 to four different men living on benefits having never had a a job or finishing school. What kind of life is she giving her kids? what incentive have they got to do well? it is proven that moms who have kids at very young ages end up with their own daughters having kids at a young age and so on through the generations.
These are the kids who end up running feral simply because there is no stable family life, no father figure, no discipline and no incentive to go to school or make something of themselves.

Then you get the ones who get pregnant simply because all their friends are or they see some celeb carrying a baby like a fashion accessory looking slim and trim and living the high life. what they don't see is all the nannies and cooks and trainers and everything else.
The celeb kids are looked after by a nanny and wheeled out for the parents at tea time and bed time, the kids are part of the furniture and not allowed to intrude on mom and dads me time. dumped in a creche, then a nursery and then boarding school those kids see their parents rather less often than santa in some cases. they may have all the toys and gadgets but do they know parental love?
It comes as a shock when baby wants to be fed at some uneartly hour and your social life goes out the window so said child ends up dumped on granny whilst lil tiffany carries on as if there was no child
hobnob
hobnob
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 23 May - 13:31

sorry hob but your solutions to some of the problems society has allowed are close to what some would call totalitarianism. for sure, personal responsibility appears to be an expression that, for some, remains a unknown concept but your way of dealing with it is not the way forward.

Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  hobnob Sun 23 May - 13:46

Sometimes the only way to deal with a problem is to come down hard on those that abuse the privilege.
As it is anyone can be a natural parent regardless of whether they should or not and if needs be they demand IVF simply because they have a perveived right to be a parent and no questions must be asked and people say ok that is fine.
However those who cannot have a child naturally for whatever reason are prodded and poked and questioned and interrogated about race lifestyle, health, finances, medical and criminal history and so on and once through all those hoops there is still no guarantee that they will get a child.and people say ok that is fine because children must only go to those who can prove they can look after that child to an acceptable standard.
My problem is that why is this situation allowed to continue?
Surely it should be one or the other? why is it you can have a child naturally and no one bats an eyelid but should you then decided to adopt it becomes everyone elses business as to whether you are a fit parent or not, however if you decide to say sod it and get pregnant again naturally no one gives a damn?
To my mind, all should be treated equally , either everyone regardless can have kids naturally or adopt as many as they like, we have millions available any size shape or color, and no one will do anything or interfere, or we say ok you want to be a parent then you must undergo the same checks we would do if you were to become an adoptive parent.
That would then be equality and maybe then children would not be treated as a fashion accessory or a toy or pet but as living human beings needing love care and protection until they reach adulthood.
Children would be wanted and loved and not a spur of the moment oh madonna or branjelina has another baybee i want one too to match the curtains.
Children must come first before the needs and wants of the adult. we as adults can look after ourselves, a toddler can't.
hobnob
hobnob
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 23 May - 14:02

the two issues you deal with both have the pawprints of the state all over them. one is obvious, the other not so obvious. on the one hand they sit in judgement on those for whom personal responsibilty would appear to be a concept understood and on the other, create an environment that allows people to act without responsibilty.

still think they should be allowed to interfere? Mother who claimed gang was in her garden is charged with murdering her two children in house fire 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sun 23 May - 14:08

My mums neighbour has 4 children all with different dads, she has all her housing, council tax, etc. paid for, she doesn't work and never has done since having her first child at 17. She won't marry the dad of her latest child because her benefits will drop, but he can stay there 3 nights a week.
you can't make that up, it is so wrong to be able to live off the state like that, people should be responsible for their children, in a way I agree with hobnob, I can see where she is coming from, the state shouldn't provide care for reckless people who do nothing except breed children without the means to support them:
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next