Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  Panda on Wed 25 Aug - 17:49

AnnaEsse wrote:Now, we have this forecast!

"Dreaded Hindenburg Omen Will Play Out Within 4 Weeks."

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Tuesday, August 17, 2010

UBS Financial Services Director Art Cashin says that we’ll know within 3 or 4 weeks whether the dreaded Hindenburg Omen, a set of market factors that precede a stock market collapse, will unfold as many are now predicting.

The Hindenburg Omen, named after the May 1937 Hindenburg disaster during which the German zeppelin LZ 129 Hindenburg suddenly caught fire and was destroyed, is a technical analysis that, when fulfilled, portends a greater likelihood of a stock market collapse.

Although conditions for the Hindenburg Omen have been met previously without a subsequent stock market crash, there has never been an actual crash without it being preceded by a Hindenburg Omen.

Zero Hedge summarizes the five criteria for the Hindenburg Omen to be in effect that have now been met.

1. That the daily number of NYSE new 52 Week Highs and the daily number of new 52 Week Lows must both be greater than 2.2 percent of total NYSE issues traded that day.
2. That the smaller of these numbers is greater than or equal to 69 (68.772 is 2.2% of 3126). This is not a rule but more like a checksum. This condition is a function of the 2.2% of the total issues.
3. That the NYSE 10 Week moving average is rising.
4. That the McClellan Oscillator is negative on that same day.
5. That new 52 Week Highs cannot be more than twice the new 52 Week Lows (however it is fine for new 52 Week Lows to be more than double new 52 Week Highs). This condition is absolutely mandatory.

Financial forecaster Gerald Celente, who has a proven track record in being accurate, told a radio show on Saturday that the stock market would crash before the end of 2010, appearing to confirm the worst consequences of the Hindenburg Omen.

David Buik at BGC Partners is another market analyst raising the alarm over the Hindenburg Omen, which he describes as “easily the most feared technical pattern in all of chartism”. Ominously choosing Friday the 13th as the date on which he drew attention to the matter, Bulk warned that the technical outlook suggests a stock market collapse is imminent.

When asked by CNBC what his advice would be for traders, UBS’ Art Cashin said that investors should be “very cautious” because “there’s been a lot of buzz in the street about the Hindenburg Omen – that’s when you have a very large amount of 52-week highs and 52-week lows, which tells you that the market is confused,” adding that “It bears watching, it’s a bit of a warning—it isn’t confirmed, but we will know in the next 3 or 4 weeks.”

http://www.prisonplanet.com/dreaded-hindenburg-omen-will-play-out-within-4-weeks.html


Bit too complicated for me.

However, House sales in America have dropped again and share prices there and in Europe have fallen for the
last 4 days. I watch Bloomberg News and it is very informative about the Stock Exchange and interviews withj
Economists and Investment Managers etc. The general view is we are in for a double dip recession and that
Food prices will rise .

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  Angelina on Wed 25 Aug - 18:16

Anyone seen the pictures of camps in the US totally empty but ready to take hundreds of people.

Also, pictures of hundreds of coffins being stockpiled.

There are plenty of photos of things like that floating around....the future is looking far from rosy!

Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2928
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  AnnaEsse on Wed 25 Aug - 18:27

Angelina wrote:Anyone seen the pictures of camps in the US totally empty but ready to take hundreds of people.

Also, pictures of hundreds of coffins being stockpiled.

There are plenty of photos of things like that floating around....the future is looking far from rosy!

I've seen them. The story is that the coffins are for servicemen and vets, but there are so many of them, it's difficult to accept. There are plenty of videos on Youtube: search under, 'FEMA camps.' There is a great deal of footage and no obvious explanation for land that is covered in hundreds of thousands of what looked like large black plastic coffins.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  Angelina on Wed 25 Aug - 18:30

AnnaEsse wrote:
Angelina wrote:Anyone seen the pictures of camps in the US totally empty but ready to take hundreds of people.

Also, pictures of hundreds of coffins being stockpiled.

There are plenty of photos of things like that floating around....the future is looking far from rosy!

I've seen them. The story is that the coffins are for servicemen and vets, but there are so many of them, it's difficult to accept. There are plenty of videos on Youtube: search under, 'FEMA camps.' There is a great deal of footage and no obvious explanation for land that is covered in hundreds of thousands of what looked like large black plastic coffins.

I agree. A lot of people think those coffins are for when the rioting and looting starts. Might be sooner rather than later the way things are going.

Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2928
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  Guest on Wed 25 Aug - 19:51

there was a report from a US think tank earliar this year; i didn't read it; but the headline was along the lines of that the european wealfare state is bankrupt and cannot continue, make of that what you will.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  Panda on Wed 25 Aug - 21:00


Ireland is the latest to have it"s rating changed from triple A to AA-, Germany also has lost some of the momentum. It really is very worrying , that"s what comes of Banks lending up to 100% of Mortgages, Credit
Cards issued with no check on one"s ability to service the debt, the latest is Santander the Spanish Bank
accused of insider trading on the BHP Biliton for Potash.......bl***y Banks is there an honest one amongst them!!!!!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  Panda on Mon 13 Sep - 9:24


The Conference in Basel has ended and there is agreement that all Banks around the World must have more
liquidity. The initial rise is 4% rising to 7% over 8 years but does not apply to all the Banks.
Apparently the Major banks already are well Capitalised but Germany and the U.S.A. have problems because they have much smaller Banks who could not retain 7% liquidity.

Here"s the catch 22. The Major banks are complaining that they will not have enough Capital for Mergers and
Acquisition, yet all the M & A does is make more people unemployed !!!!!!! It also pays bigger dividends to
Shareholders, whose Pension Funds suffer if share prices fall. What to do, make the rich richer or the poor poorer?

The U.K. Unions are asking the General Public to support any action they take and there is a meeting of the Unions next month. A General Strike perhaps?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 13 Sep - 9:29

Panda wrote:
The Conference in Basel has ended and there is agreement that all Banks around the World must have more
liquidity. The initial rise is 4% rising to 7% over 8 years but does not apply to all the Banks.
Apparently the Major banks already are well Capitalised but Germany and the U.S.A. have problems because they have much smaller Banks who could not retain 7% liquidity.

Here"s the catch 22. The Major banks are complaining that they will not have enough Capital for Mergers and
Acquisition, yet all the M & A does is make more people unemployed !!!!!!! It also pays bigger dividends to
Shareholders, whose Pension Funds suffer if share prices fall. What to do, make the rich richer or the poor poorer?

The U.K. Unions are asking the General Public to support any action they take and there is a meeting of the Unions next month. A General Strike perhaps?

One of the dailies (can't recall which) is asking today if we are in for another 'winter of discontent.' Yes, I think we are, with job losses and proposed benefit cuts, it might be a very hard winter for many, even without strikes, which I think will happen.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  Panda on Mon 13 Sep - 9:54

Yes AnnaEsse I can see the Unions flexing their muscles and going on strike.

It was Freud"s Nephew living in America in 1928 who coined the phrase "consumerism" selling that which you
desire, not what you need. The American Retailers went for this concept in a big way and look at us now?
The Western World has lived on debt and because we are a throw away Society, added to the problems of waste
disposal. Couldn"t the Supermarkets have come together to pay for research into making biodegradable plastic
bags for instance?

I watched a Documentary on India recently and they actually recycle 80% of waste which is phenomenal.
However, the poor in Mumbai are paid a pittance for sifting through rubbish tips, collecting anything recycleable
at the same time damaging their Health.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 13 Sep - 12:48

Panda, I've been reading that in spite of the rise in the world-wide prices of basic commodities, like wheat and rice, food prices will rise by only a few % and the supermarkets will not pass on the increases to the consumer. I don't believe those big businesses will bear the brunt of it for any length of time. There is also a world-wide shortage of cotton this year with drought in some places and the floods in Pakistan, which have destroyed huge areas of cotton fields. So, we can expect clothing to be more expensive.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  Panda on Tue 14 Sep - 8:50

Hi AnnaEsse

Well maybe this will be a wakeup call for people to be more prudent and consider whether they really need all the clothes they buy. It was reported not too long ago that Britain wastes £10 BILLION every Year on food items
which could have been eaten. Sell by dates shouldn"t be taken as Gospel, has no one questioned how the
Supermarkets calculate these dates? Could be a marketing ploy to buy the item more often.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 14 Sep - 9:23

Panda wrote:Hi AnnaEsse

Well maybe this will be a wakeup call for people to be more prudent and consider whether they really need all the clothes they buy. It was reported not too long ago that Britain wastes £10 BILLION every Year on food items
which could have been eaten. Sell by dates shouldn"t be taken as Gospel, has no one questioned how the
Supermarkets calculate these dates? Could be a marketing ploy to buy the item more often.

Some time ago, when my son and his partner were visiting, son's partner was making a cup of tea and she sniffed the milk when she took it out of the fridge. I knew then that she was definitely my type of person! Before use-by dates, what did we do? We sniffed and tasted! If I take something out of the fridge that's past its date, I do the 'sniff and taste,' and if it passes, I eat it or drink it. My mother used to do a Saturday shop, but it was never to buy enough to even last a week. There was always daily shopping too. There wasn't a lot of waste in our house and any scraps were taken care of by the dog!

I think that a lot of the supermarket offers encourage waste: BOGOF and buy two, get one free; really good offers on buy two. When I buy organic milk at Sainsbury's, I find it tempting to pick up two x four pints because it's a bargain, but I live by myself and I can't use up eight pints of milk that quickly!

When I was young, I had very few sets of clothes and some of those were hand-me-downs from my older sister and from my cousins. That was way before supermarkets sold very cheap clothing. It's not unusual to see people with trolley-loads of clothes now. I can but T shirts made of pure cotton for two or three quid, so I buy several, instead of one I might have bought years ago.

Years ago, I had a strange dream about being a 'consumer.' The dream started with my going to a cash machine and instead of money, a load of powder detergent poured out and I got the message that I hadn't used my quota for the month.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 14 Sep - 9:29

Panda, I had a sense of foreboding this morning when I read that police forces were cutting their workforce by thousands and there was mention of civil unrest. I think there will be civil unrest because of job losses and cuts in benefits and services and it does not give me a sense of security to think that there won't be enough police around to contain any violence that erupts. There are groups like the Socialist Workers Party who regularly orchestrate demos and they and anarchist groups can be relied on to act as provocateurs, imo, and often it's those groups who stir up the violence.

If there is civil unrest, we can expect extremist groups to be in there and there will be big trouble I think.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  Panda on Tue 14 Sep - 12:53

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:Hi AnnaEsse

Well maybe this will be a wakeup call for people to be more prudent and consider whether they really need all the clothes they buy. It was reported not too long ago that Britain wastes £10 BILLION every Year on food items
which could have been eaten. Sell by dates shouldn"t be taken as Gospel, has no one questioned how the
Supermarkets calculate these dates? Could be a marketing ploy to buy the item more often.

Some time ago, when my son and his partner were visiting, son's partner was making a cup of tea and she sniffed the milk when she took it out of the fridge. I knew then that she was definitely my type of person! Before use-by dates, what did we do? We sniffed and tasted! If I take something out of the fridge that's past its date, I do the 'sniff and taste,' and if it passes, I eat it or drink it. My mother used to do a Saturday shop, but it was never to buy enough to even last a week. There was always daily shopping too. There wasn't a lot of waste in our house and any scraps were taken care of by the dog!

I think that a lot of the supermarket offers encourage waste: BOGOF and buy two, get one free; really good offers on buy two. When I buy organic milk at Sainsbury's, I find it tempting to pick up two x four pints because it's a bargain, but I live by myself and I can't use up eight pints of milk that quickly!

When I was young, I had very few sets of clothes and some of those were hand-me-downs from my older sister and from my cousins. That was way before supermarkets sold very cheap clothing. It's not unusual to see people with trolley-loads of clothes now. I can but T shirts made of pure cotton for two or three quid, so I buy
several, instead of one I might have bought years ago.

Years ago, I had a strange dream about being a 'consumer.' The dream started with my going to a cash machine and instead of money, a load of powder detergent poured out and I got the message that I hadn't used my quota for the month.

I too live on my own and have bought several good quality items of clothing from Charity shops, I draw the
line at shoes and knickers though. I also give to Charity shops so it"s recycling in a way. With
regard to food items, like you if it smells O.K. or doesn"t look discoloured I buy sell by date food. The World"s
resources are shrinking and we live in a throw away Society, maybe the coming hard times will change
attitudes for the better.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 14 Sep - 13:43

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:Hi AnnaEsse

Well maybe this will be a wakeup call for people to be more prudent and consider whether they really need all the clothes they buy. It was reported not too long ago that Britain wastes £10 BILLION every Year on food items
which could have been eaten. Sell by dates shouldn"t be taken as Gospel, has no one questioned how the
Supermarkets calculate these dates? Could be a marketing ploy to buy the item more often.

Some time ago, when my son and his partner were visiting, son's partner was making a cup of tea and she sniffed the milk when she took it out of the fridge. I knew then that she was definitely my type of person! Before use-by dates, what did we do? We sniffed and tasted! If I take something out of the fridge that's past its date, I do the 'sniff and taste,' and if it passes, I eat it or drink it. My mother used to do a Saturday shop, but it was never to buy enough to even last a week. There was always daily shopping too. There wasn't a lot of waste in our house and any scraps were taken care of by the dog!

I think that a lot of the supermarket offers encourage waste: BOGOF and buy two, get one free; really good offers on buy two. When I buy organic milk at Sainsbury's, I find it tempting to pick up two x four pints because it's a bargain, but I live by myself and I can't use up eight pints of milk that quickly!

When I was young, I had very few sets of clothes and some of those were hand-me-downs from my older sister and from my cousins. That was way before supermarkets sold very cheap clothing. It's not unusual to see people with trolley-loads of clothes now. I can but T shirts made of pure cotton for two or three quid, so I buy
several, instead of one I might have bought years ago.

Years ago, I had a strange dream about being a 'consumer.' The dream started with my going to a cash machine and instead of money, a load of powder detergent poured out and I got the message that I hadn't used my quota for the month.

I too live on my own and have bought several good quality items of clothing from Charity shops, I draw the
line at shoes and knickers though. I also give to Charity shops so it"s recycling in a way. With
regard to food items, like you if it smells O.K. or doesn"t look discoloured I buy sell by date food. The World"s
resources are shrinking and we live in a throw away Society, maybe the coming hard times will change
attitudes for the better.

I think some people's attitudes will change, but some won't be able to cope, those who have lived on ready-meals and take-aways. Maybe my neighbour, who nearly bashed my door down to complain about my organic Bramleys falling onto his driveway, will even wish he'd kept a few!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  pennylane on Tue 14 Sep - 15:15

I like my food as fresh as possible, and I will not purchase anything on it's last day/s. That goes for yoghurts and everything else. I buy my meat from an organic butcher, and would rather eat less meat that is nicer, than have twice as much for less money.

I'm a very fussy eater - I can't help it. I wouldn't touch a meat pie, a sausage roll, or cheap chicken, etc, for all the Tea in China....... even when I was a wee little girl, I was the same. I was skinny and run down - and we were dirt poor, but I used to sniff everything before I ate it. The smell of the school canteen used to make me heave, and I hated the smell of milk. I still do to this day!

My name's pennylane, and I'm a pain in the arse!

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 14 Sep - 15:40

pennylane wrote:I like my food as fresh as possible, and I will not purchase anything on it's last day/s. That goes for yoghurts and everything else. I buy my meat from an organic butcher, and would rather eat less meat that is nicer, than have twice as much for less money.

I'm a very fussy eater - I can't help it. I wouldn't touch a meat pie, a sausage roll, or cheap chicken, etc, for all the Tea in China....... even when I was a wee little girl, I was the same. I was skinny and run down - and we were dirt poor, but I used to sniff everything before I ate it. The smell of the school canteen used to make me heave, and I hated the smell of milk. I still do to this day!

My name's pennylane, and I'm a pain in the arse!

I wouldn't touch any of those foods either, pennylane, but then I'm vegetarian!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  pennylane on Tue 14 Sep - 15:59

AnnaEsse wrote:
pennylane wrote:I like my food as fresh as possible, and I will not purchase anything on it's last day/s. That goes for yoghurts and everything else. I buy my meat from an organic butcher, and would rather eat less meat that is nicer, than have twice as much for less money.

I'm a very fussy eater - I can't help it. I wouldn't touch a meat pie, a sausage roll, or cheap chicken, etc, for all the Tea in China....... even when I was a wee little girl, I was the same. I was skinny and run down - and we were dirt poor, but I used to sniff everything before I ate it. The smell of the school canteen used to make me heave, and I hated the smell of milk. I still do to this day!

My name's pennylane, and I'm a pain in the arse!

I wouldn't touch any of those foods either, pennylane, but then I'm vegetarian!

Good one Anna!

I buy quite a lot of vegetarian food, like veg Samosa and veg sausages which are quite nice. But I brought a Waitrose vegetarian shepherds pie the other week....... it was so salty and gross, that I spent the rest of the evening drinking juice to try and quench my thirst. Yuk, never again!

You wouldn't believe the length of items on my "never again" grocery list.

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 14 Sep - 17:13

pennylane wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
pennylane wrote:I like my food as fresh as possible, and I will not purchase anything on it's last day/s. That goes for yoghurts and everything else. I buy my meat from an organic butcher, and would rather eat less meat that is nicer, than have twice as much for less money.

I'm a very fussy eater - I can't help it. I wouldn't touch a meat pie, a sausage roll, or cheap chicken, etc, for all the Tea in China....... even when I was a wee little girl, I was the same. I was skinny and run down - and we were dirt poor, but I used to sniff everything before I ate it. The smell of the school canteen used to make me heave, and I hated the smell of milk. I still do to this day!

My name's pennylane, and I'm a pain in the arse!

I wouldn't touch any of those foods either, pennylane, but then I'm vegetarian!

Good one Anna!

I buy quite a lot of vegetarian food, like veg Samosa and veg sausages which are quite nice. But I brought a Waitrose vegetarian shepherds pie the other week....... it was so salty and gross, that I spent the rest of the evening drinking juice to try and quench my thirst. Yuk, never again!

You wouldn't believe the length of items on my "never again" grocery list.

I make shepherds pie with mince from the 'Meat Free,' range that most supermarkets sell. It's very cheap and it absorbs the flavours you add. I hate over-salty foods, never use salt in cooking and add only a little crumbled Malden sea salt if salt seems to be needed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  Panda on Tue 14 Sep - 17:24

No Pennylane I wouldn"t buy any of those foods either. Actually, although I live on my own I enjoy cooking
so eat well......my big downfall is anything sweet, chocolates trifle, sweets, biscuit, in fact I"m putting on too much weight and keep telling myself as soon as my stash of all these goodies are gone, I won"t buy any more.!!!!

Pennylane, you remind me of one of my Friends in Jersey, when I go to stay with her I despair at the way she wastes all that M & S Food. One time, she wanted to buy a top for that evening and we went to this little
boutique outside of town. While she was looking at stuff I was browsing and noticed suits priced at £450!!!!
Anyway, Penny, her real name, cam out of the changing room and asked what I thought of a blouse she had tried on. It was a bit multicoloured but nothing spectacular but I said it was fine, so she bought it., a mere
bagatelle at £145......I would have wanted 10 for that money.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 14 Sep - 17:53

Panda wrote:No Pennylane I wouldn"t buy any of those foods either. Actually, although I live on my own I enjoy cooking
so eat well......my big downfall is anything sweet, chocolates trifle, sweets, biscuit, in fact I"m putting on too much weight and keep telling myself as soon as my stash of all these goodies are gone, I won"t buy any more.!!!!

Pennylane, you remind me of one of my Friends in Jersey, when I go to stay with her I despair at the way she wastes all that M & S Food. One time, she wanted to buy a top for that evening and we went to this little
boutique outside of town. While she was looking at stuff I was browsing and noticed suits priced at £450!!!!
Anyway, Penny, her real name, cam out of the changing room and asked what I thought of a blouse she had tried on. It was a bit multicoloured but nothing spectacular but I said it was fine, so she bought it., a mere
bagatelle at £145......I would have wanted 10 for that money.

Me too Panda. I think fourteen quid is an expensive blouse!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  Panda on Tue 14 Sep - 18:51


The thing is Anna, when the cuts kick in these people who spend like there is no tomorrow will really feel the pinch, but us , not extravagant will cope better.

Not so long ago it was on the News that these Bank Traders who are losing their jobs or not getting big bonuses
are actually putting their Rolex watches, Gold rings, paintings etc into hock, there is a Pawnbrokers in Paddington that they favour.


Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  pennylane on Tue 14 Sep - 19:32

AnnaEsse wrote:
pennylane wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
pennylane wrote:I like my food as fresh as possible, and I will not purchase anything on it's last day/s. That goes for yoghurts and everything else. I buy my meat from an organic butcher, and would rather eat less meat that is nicer, than have twice as much for less money.

I'm a very fussy eater - I can't help it. I wouldn't touch a meat pie, a sausage roll, or cheap chicken, etc, for all the Tea in China....... even when I was a wee little girl, I was the same. I was skinny and run down - and we were dirt poor, but I used to sniff everything before I ate it. The smell of the school canteen used to make me heave, and I hated the smell of milk. I still do to this day!

My name's pennylane, and I'm a pain in the arse!

I wouldn't touch any of those foods either, pennylane, but then I'm vegetarian!

Good one Anna!

I buy quite a lot of vegetarian food, like veg Samosa and veg sausages which are quite nice. But I brought a Waitrose vegetarian shepherds pie the other week....... it was so salty and gross, that I spent the rest of the evening drinking juice to try and quench my thirst. Yuk, never again!

You wouldn't believe the length of items on my "never again" grocery list.

I make shepherds pie with mince from the 'Meat Free,' range that most supermarkets sell. It's very cheap and it absorbs the flavours you add. I hate over-salty foods, never use salt in cooking and add only a little crumbled Malden sea salt if salt seems to be needed.

Anna, I'm like you in that I use sea salt very sparingly and don't like salty food. I have tried cooking with a 'Meat Free' product called 'Quorn', but I found the results very disappointing..... although my limited knowledge of what to do with it didn't help!

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 14 Sep - 19:43

pennylane wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
pennylane wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
pennylane wrote:I like my food as fresh as possible, and I will not purchase anything on it's last day/s. That goes for yoghurts and everything else. I buy my meat from an organic butcher, and would rather eat less meat that is nicer, than have twice as much for less money.

I'm a very fussy eater - I can't help it. I wouldn't touch a meat pie, a sausage roll, or cheap chicken, etc, for all the Tea in China....... even when I was a wee little girl, I was the same. I was skinny and run down - and we were dirt poor, but I used to sniff everything before I ate it. The smell of the school canteen used to make me heave, and I hated the smell of milk. I still do to this day!

My name's pennylane, and I'm a pain in the arse!

I wouldn't touch any of those foods either, pennylane, but then I'm vegetarian!

Good one Anna!

I buy quite a lot of vegetarian food, like veg Samosa and veg sausages which are quite nice. But I brought a Waitrose vegetarian shepherds pie the other week....... it was so salty and gross, that I spent the rest of the evening drinking juice to try and quench my thirst. Yuk, never again!

You wouldn't believe the length of items on my "never again" grocery list.

I make shepherds pie with mince from the 'Meat Free,' range that most supermarkets sell. It's very cheap and it absorbs the flavours you add. I hate over-salty foods, never use salt in cooking and add only a little crumbled Malden sea salt if salt seems to be needed.

Anna, I'm like you in that I use sea salt very sparingly and don't like salty food. I have tried cooking with a 'Meat Free' product called 'Quorn', but I found the results very disappointing..... although my limited knowledge of what to do with it didn't help!

I'm not that fond of Quorn. The 'Meat Free,' range is soya protein and I think it's probably made by the same producer for all the big supermarkets because the packaging is the same apart from the supermarket's name.



A versatile ingredient to make any meal. Meat free meatballs made with rehydrated soya protein, onion and parsley.

That's what the packs are like and those meatballs are particularly tasty in a tomato sauce with pasta and in a recipe I found for Moroccan yogurt soup. (A Moro East recipe)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  pennylane on Tue 14 Sep - 19:51

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:No Pennylane I wouldn"t buy any of those foods either. Actually, although I live on my own I enjoy cooking
so eat well......my big downfall is anything sweet, chocolates trifle, sweets, biscuit, in fact I"m putting on too much weight and keep telling myself as soon as my stash of all these goodies are gone, I won"t buy any more.!!!!

Pennylane, you remind me of one of my Friends in Jersey, when I go to stay with her I despair at the way she wastes all that M & S Food. One time, she wanted to buy a top for that evening and we went to this little
boutique outside of town. While she was looking at stuff I was browsing and noticed suits priced at £450!!!!
Anyway, Penny, her real name, cam out of the changing room and asked what I thought of a blouse she had tried on. It was a bit multicoloured but nothing spectacular but I said it was fine, so she bought it., a mere
bagatelle at £145......I would have wanted 10 for that money.

Me too Panda. I think fourteen quid is an expensive blouse!

Panda, I am indeed like your friend 'Penny' in Jersey!

I love clothes, and my favorite place to shop is Jigsaw. Their clothes are expensive, but I love their quirky styles. I'm a bit of a shopaholic, and I often have to reign myself in..... or take stuff back.

Regarding sweet foods. I think they are fine - as long as you eat a nice dessert (whatever you fancy), and then stop! It's the between meal snacks that put the weight on (imo).


Last edited by pennylane on Tue 14 Sep - 20:08; edited 1 time in total

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:22


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum