Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman gets 10 years, man 20 in sex abuse of boy in Hyde Park

Go down

Woman gets 10 years, man 20 in sex abuse of boy in Hyde Park  Empty Woman gets 10 years, man 20 in sex abuse of boy in Hyde Park

Post  Guest Tue 17 Aug - 22:22

Woman gets 10 years, man 20 in sex abuse of boy in Hyde Park (New York)

December 4, 2009

Forty-three-year-old Kathleen Callanan stood quietly in a Dutchess County courtroom Thursday, her head slightly bowed and her hands shackled at her sides, as a prosecutor recited a poem written by the boy she admitted raping.

Woman gets 10 years, man 20 in sex abuse of boy in Hyde Park  Bilde?Site=BK&Date=20091203&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=91203011&Ref=V1&Profile=1006&MaxW=550&MaxH=650&title=0
Kathleen Callanan

”Rage and fury, pain to bury, lustful sinner that you are, insides filled with terror,“ Senior Assistant District Attorney Andrea Long said, reading the poem.

County Court Judge Thomas J. Dolan then sentenced Callanan, a Hyde Park resident, to 10 years in state prison.

Minutes later, Dolan imposed a 20-year prison term on another defendant in the case, 32-year-old David Hotaling of the City of
Poughkeepsie, for repeatedly sexually abusing the same boy.

Woman gets 10 years, man 20 in sex abuse of boy in Hyde Park  Bilde?Site=BK&Date=20091203&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=91203011&Ref=AR&Profile=1006&MaxW=550&MaxH=650&title=0
David Hotaling

”These acts are despicable and deserve the most stringent, harsh punishment,“ Dolan said.

”It doesn't get much worse than this,“ he said. ”If the court is not here to protect a 9-year-old child, we have no business being here at all.“

Callanan, Hotaling and two other men were arrested in June following a monthlong probe into the alleged rapes of two boys in Hyde Park between 2005 and this year.

The investigation was conducted by police at the Dutchess County Child Advocacy Center in the City of Poughkeepsie.

Robert Rogler, 55, of Hyde Park admitted his role in the crimes last month and was sentenced to 20 years to life in prison.

John Blenis, 35, of Canton, Ohio, remains in the Dutchess County Jail pending the outcome of his case.

Police said Rogler arranged the meetings between the boys and the other three defendants.

Both Callanan and Hotaling expressed remorse for their crimes.

”I'm sorry. Mr. Rogler manipulated me, but I know it was wrong,“ Callanan said.

Asked by Dolan if he had anything to say before his sentencing, Hotaling shrugged at first and said, ”I don't know.“

Then he nodded.

”I know what I did was wrong,“ he said.

Hotaling was quiet as Long read excerpts from a letter the victim had written about the crime last month.

”I am no longer able to trust people the way I did before,“ the boy wrote. ”At the time when Dave was abusing me, I would come home from his house or Robert Rogler's house and cry and cry and cry. He hurt me physically, and he hurt my emotions.“

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article/20091203/NEWS01/91203011/Man--woman-sent-to-prison-for-raping-boy

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article/20091204/NEWS05/912040336
Anonymous

Back to top Go down