Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found

+13
saloongirl
Angelic
Claudia79
mumbles
wjk
Jem
Dimsie
Alfiefinn
Fudge
margaret
xtina
jay2001
lynn
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 Empty More Words Of Wisdom From Cat Woman

Post  Guest Wed 25 Aug - 7:16

Her mother: She's under stress and didn't know what she was doing.
Her: I thought it would be funny and the cat would wriggle out the bin by itself.

The woman has been named in the Daily Mail as a 50-year old Bank clerk, Mary Bale.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1305751/Cat-bin-woman-Mary-Bale-defends-named-shamed.html

She will be looking over her shoulder for a very long time, IMHO; a couple of Special Constables can't be with her 24/7, and there are some very nasty people out there. And who is going to want to be served by her at the Bank?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 Empty Re: Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 25 Aug - 7:20

The Famous Grouse wrote:Her mother: She's under stress and didn't know what she was doing.
Her: I thought it would be funny and the cat would wriggle out the bin by itself.

The woman has been named in the Daily Mail as a 50-year old Bank clerk, Mary Bale.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1305751/Cat-bin-woman-Mary-Bale-defends-named-shamed.html

She will be looking over her shoulder for a very long time, IMHO; a couple of Special Constables can't be with her 24/7, and there are some very nasty people out there. And who is going to want to be served by her at the Bank?

If she works in a bank, I would assume some level of intelligence, but perhaps that's wrong of me if she genuinely thought a cat could somehow climb up the inside of the tall, plastic bin, open the lid and get out.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 Empty "It's just a cat," she said!

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 25 Aug - 8:10

This stupid woman said she doesn't know what the fuss is about because '..it's just a cat.' Well, now I am convinced that Mary Bale is truly cruel. She has no compassion for small, defenceless creatures and if she had done that to one of my cats, then explained it as 'a joke,' then she would have really needed police protection.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3110434/Its-just-a-cat-I-put-Lola-in-bin-for-joke-whats-all-the-fuss-says-Mary.html

MOGGIE mauler Mary Bale yesterday admitted dumping a family's pet puss in a wheelie bin - but insisted: "I don't know what the fuss is about, it's just a cat."

The grey-haired spinster faces a possible RSPCA prosecution after shock CCTV footage showed her scooping up four-year-old tabby Lola "as a joke".

Millions were sickened by the video after it was posted on the internet and animal-lovers from as far away as AUSTRALIA have since levelled death threats online.

Concern grew as her details were posted online and a Facebook group demanded "Death to Mary Bale".

One post urged: "This woman should be murdered."

The Sun tracked down 45-year-old Bale to her scruffy terraced house in Coventry, less than half a mile from where she grabbed Lola.

But when questioned by our reporter, the defiant bank worker threw back her head and LAUGHED.

She said: "I really don't see what everyone is getting so excited about - it's just a cat. I was walking home from work and saw this cat wander out in front of me.

"I was playing with it, stroking it and listening to it purr as it stood on a garden wall. It was very friendly.

"I don't know what came over me, but I suddenly thought it would be funny to put it in the wheelie bin, which was right beside me.

"I did it as a joke because I thought it would be funny. I never thought it would be trapped. I expected it to wriggle out of the bin."

Bale was seen on the footage peering furtively from side to side before picking up the luckless puss.

But she said: "People are reading too much into things. I've no feelings about cats one way or the other. I don't keep pets myself - but I have no problem with people who do.

"To think this video is being seen around the world is unbelievable. I'm a very private person and don't want to upset any members of my family. I don't know what my relatives will think, but to be honest I think everyone's overreacting a bit.

"OK, I shouldn't have done it - but it's just a cat at the end of the day. I don't think I deserve to be hated by people all over the world, it was just a split second of madness.

"Cats are good climbers and I assumed it would just scramble out through the lid and go on its way."

In fact, terrified Lola was trapped in the bin for 15 HOURS before her worried owners found her and freed her unhurt.

Bale now faces losing her job as a customer services assistant at Royal Bank of Scotland.

She said: "I've had my boss ringing to ask me what's going on, and I've had to talk to the bank's security people about what to do if people who think I hurt the cat try to find me.

"Everything has gone crazy because of a stupid spur-of-the- moment thing I did - but I know I only have myself to blame.

"I wish I'd never set eyes on the cat. But what I'm really worried about at the moment is my father who is not very well in hospital."

Bale's shocked mum Celia yesterday claimed her daughter "loves cats".

She said: "She absolutely adores animals - this doesn't make sense.

"Her father Maurice is in hospital very ill and I think she was just in a world of her own."

Bale was caught on CCTV cameras rigged up by Lola's owners Stephanie and Darryl Andrews-Mann.

The pair realised their pet was missing late on Saturday, but were unaware that Bale had deposited her inside the plastic bin at about 8pm.

Only when they viewed the bizarre video footage did they realise where she had gone and rush to free her.

The film showed Bale stroking the cat as it walked along a wall and affectionately rubbed against her.

Bale was seen glancing around before lifting Lola by the nape of her neck, raising the bin's lid and dumping the helpless moggie inside before strolling off down the street.

In a bid to trace the culprit, Stephanie, 24, put the video on YouTube, where it had last night been viewed by more than 100,000 people in the UK alone.

Stephanie urged West Midlands cops to take Bale to court for animal cruelty, saying: "To think someone near us could do this sends chills down my spine. For her to say it was a joke is disgusting."

But last night Stephanie, who shares her home with Darryl, 26, and eight-year-old daughter Chloe, insisted appalled animal-lovers should NOT seek revenge.

She said: "Now the police know who she is, I think people should leave it to them and the RSPCA to deal with it. I don't like her, but I don't want her to get hurt." Police yesterday informally offered Bale protection in light of the threats, which saw her call cops herself.

A West Midlands Police spokesman said: "The RSPCA is leading an investigation and will interview the woman shortly.

"Coventry Police are supporting this investigation and urge the public to leave the matter to be dealt with correctly by the authorities. The woman has not been arrested because she has not committed a criminal offence."

There is a photo on the Sun's web site, which is copyright, but it clearly shows Mary Bale with hair that looks like she's had it cut and styled since the CCTV images were revealed.

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 Empty Re: Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found

Post  kitti Wed 25 Aug - 10:28

Perhaps it was the stress that made her have her hair done...reminds me off another person who had her highlights done!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 25 Aug - 11:40

kitti wrote:Perhaps it was the stress that made her have her hair done...reminds me off another person who had her highlights done!

Ah that stress business! It's put a smile on her face for the cameras as well as that just-left-the-salon look.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Wed 25 Aug - 13:58

If I met this cow (no offence to real lovely cows) I would do some things to her too but only as a joke, of course.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic Wed 25 Aug - 14:14

Just looked at that footage again.

She SO knew what she was doing! She obviously does not like cats and I wonder if and how many times she has done this before. Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 29204

Angelic
Angelic
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 82
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 25 Aug - 14:35

Claudia79 wrote:If I met this cow (no offence to real lovely cows) I would do some things to her too but only as a joke, of course.

We could dump her into one of the giant bins that some supermarkets have. I'm sure she could climb up and open the lid, and anyway, we'd just be joking. Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 294124
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Wed 25 Aug - 14:42

AnnaEsse wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:If I met this cow (no offence to real lovely cows) I would do some things to her too but only as a joke, of course.

We could dump her into one of the giant bins that some supermarkets have. I'm sure she could climb up and open the lid, and anyway, we'd just be joking. Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 294124

Sure. After all it's just a stupid, cruel human being.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Wed 25 Aug - 14:54

The RSPCA won't do anything, they never do
saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 25 Aug - 14:57

Sky News

Watch the video on Sky News (Link above) She doesn't look or sound like someone who is feeling bad about what she did or like a person who might be confused or not sure about what she was doing or the reasons for her actions. She sounds very much in control and not fazed by the media attention.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Wed 25 Aug - 15:07

AnnaEsse wrote:Sky News

Watch the video on Sky News (Link above) She doesn't look or sound like someone who is feeling bad about what she did or like a person who might be confused or not sure about what she was doing or the reasons for her actions. She sounds very much in control and not fazed by the media attention.

Everything about her screams 'heartless b**ch'.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 25 Aug - 15:24

Claudia79 wrote:

Just what I thought. I reckon that woman is one hard-hearted tough cookie of a b**ch!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Wed 25 Aug - 15:29

AnnaEsse wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Just what I thought. I reckon that woman is one hard-hearted tough cookie of a b**ch!

You put it so much better than I do! Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 25346
Hope she get's fired and has to deal with people's looks and gossip for the rest of her life.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Wed 25 Aug - 16:22

I think "cold and calculating" is an apt description for her.
saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 25 Aug - 16:50

saloongirl wrote:I think "cold and calculating" is an apt description for her.

That's what she looked like, I reckon, when she stopped, got that cat to approach her, then after looking round to make sure she wasn't observed, lifted that cat by the scruff of the neck (expertly, I would add) and dropped it into the bin.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic Wed 25 Aug - 18:22

AnnaEsse wrote:
saloongirl wrote:I think "cold and calculating" is an apt description for her.

That's what she looked like, I reckon, when she stopped, got that cat to approach her, then after looking round to make sure she wasn't observed, lifted that cat by the scruff of the neck (expertly, I would add) and dropped it into the bin.

thats what makes me shudder. Looked to me like she'd had plenty of practice. Thank goodness Lola's owners had the CCTV, or the poor animal would have met a nasty ending. I am of the opinion that those who do cruel acts on innocent animals are capable of doing it to humans.
Angelic
Angelic
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 82
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 25 Aug - 18:26

That is how many serial killers start out, I believe. They begin on animals and work their way up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 26 Aug - 7:03

mary bale has wheelie bin horrible to that cat. Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 26 Aug - 9:55

Ouch Marky...... Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 307691 Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 23324
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 Empty Cat-bin woman begs: forgive me.

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 26 Aug - 10:09

Yesterday, it was, 'just a cat,' but today's Daily Express quotes Mary Bale's apology. She's so sorry today, but I just don't believe her. Picking up Lola by the scruff of her neck did not look like something new to Ms Bale: I reckon she's done that before to be so slick. And whose cat? Not her own because she hasn't got any.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/195534/Cat-bin-woman-begs-Forgive-me

THE woman who enraged cat lovers across the world by dumping a pet tabby in a wheelie bin begged for forgiveness last night.

Church choir member Mary Bale fled her terrace house to seek refuge from the growing tide of hatred.

Detectives bundled her into a car outside her Coventry home, which was being guarded by community officers, after she was bombarded with hundreds of death threats.

The officers drove her to a police station where she was questioned by the RSPCA.

And in a dramatic about-turn she finally apologised for her sick action, captured on CCTV, when she grabbed rescue cat Lola and dropped the helpless animal in the bin.

Miss Bale, 45, said: “I want to apologise profusely for the upset and distress that my actions have caused.

“I cannot explain why I did this. It is completely out of character and I certainly did not intend to cause any distress to Lola or her owners.

“It was a split second of misjudgment that has got completely out of control.

She looked pretty much in control of what she was doing, looking round to see if anyone was watching, expertly picking up the cat by the scruff and dropping her into the bin. I think other people who have lost cats in that area need to be asking questions.

“I wish to reiterate that I am profoundly sorry for my actions and wish to resolve this matter to everyone’s satisfaction as soon as possible.”

She added: “All I want to do is put things right.

“I never meant for this to happen and I’ll do anything to make amends.

“I’m hoping to meet the owners to say how sorry I am.”

Last night the grey-haired bank cashier had gone to the home of her parents, Maurice and Celia Bale, who live just a few streets from her.

She said the scandal had put terrible pressure on the couple, particularly her father who has recently been in hospital with a bad back.

Miss Bale added: “The last 48 hours have been a nightmare.

“I never expected this kind of reaction.

“I’m even receiving death threats so the police have given me protection.”

Last night her parents urged animal lovers to let the RSPCA and the police deal with Miss Bale and “not take matters into their own hands”.

But the police said they had no intention of interviewing her.

And charity International Animal Rescue said it was “baffled” why the RSPCA had not interviewed her sooner. Spokeswoman Lis Key added: “They are normally very diligent about following things up, so I can only think they must be inundated with cases they need to look into.”

A spokeswoman for the RSPCA confirmed last night that they had questioned Bale.

She said: “Our inspector will be putting together a file about her over the next few days.

“That will determine if legal proceedings are taken. The police have not interviewed her but were present.”

The scandal broke when CCTV footage emerged of Miss Bale with four-year-old Lola.

The film was taken by a camera which the cat’s owners, Step­h­anie and Darryl Mann, had mounted on their home after their car was repeatedly vandalised.

In it, Miss Bale is then stroking Lola and then seen grabbing her by the scruff of the neck and putting her in the bin. The pet was trapped there for 15 hours until Mr Mann heard the stricken animal’s miaows.

Thousands of animal lovers called for Miss Bale’s head after the Manns put footage of the incident on the video-sharing website YouTube to try to track down their cat’s abuser.

A Facebook site was removed with police describing some of the remarks as “inflammatory and offensive”.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 26 Aug - 10:47

Aye, the cat is out of the bin now! Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 294124

How can it be a "split second of madness" when she also had time to consider that it "would be funny" and it would "wriggle out of the bin by itself"?

Also she is a "cat lover" and "kept them as pets as a child" according to her mother. But according to herself, "it's only a cat, what's the big deal".

She's about as good as Mr Gerry in knowing when to keep her big gob shut.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 26 Aug - 13:01

The Famous Grouse wrote:Aye, the cat is out of the bin now! Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 3 294124

How can it be a "split second of madness" when she also had time to consider that it "would be funny" and it would "wriggle out of the bin by itself"?

Also she is a "cat lover" and "kept them as pets as a child" according to her mother. But according to herself, "it's only a cat, what's the big deal".

Totally agree and the Sky News reporter who has done the latest write-up seems to concur!

Sky News

A former choir singer caught dumping a rescue cat into a wheelie bin has been interviewed by the RSPCA.

The charity will now decide whether to charge Mary Bale with animal cruelty after she was questioned by an RSPCA inspector at Coventry police station.

The bank clerk enraged animal lovers around the world after she was caught on CCTV grabbing four-year-old Lola by the scruff of the neck and tossing her in a bin.

At first she said she did not know what all the fuss was about, and claimed she did it for a "joke".

But as the backlash grew, including death threats made against her online, she went into apology mode and said she was "profoundly sorry" for her actions.

Lola was trapped for 15 hours before her owners Stephanie and Daryll Mann heard her cries outside their home in Coventry.

They found her in a terrified state, sitting in the bin in her own mess.

A spokeswoman for the RSPCA told Sky Miss Bale faces a possible charge under the Animal Welfare Act 2006, which carries a maximum sentence of six months in prison.

She said the inspector who interviewed her will now draw up a file, and the charity's legal experts will then decide whether to prosecute her.

This process normally takes up to three weeks, but because of the huge amount of anger and publicity, Miss Bale's case will be "fast-tracked" and could be decided in days.

After leaving her parents' home with her mother Celia, Miss Bale apologised for the distress she had caused Lola and her owners - but still did not explain why she did it.

She said: "I want to take this opportunity to apologise profusely for the upset and distress that my actions have caused.

"I cannot explain why I did this, it is completely out of character and I certainly did not intend to cause any distress to Lola or her owners.

"It was a split second of misjudgement that has got completely out of control."

Lola's owner Stephanie Mann has appealed for calm and urged people not to take "matters into their own hands".
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Thu 26 Aug - 16:55

I really don't understand why the RSPCA have to think about whether or not to charge her....the evidence is all there, caught on camera. What is there to think about? They should charge her and and make an example of her. Unfortunately the RSPCA let too many people get away with things like this.
saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 26 Aug - 17:12

She prob got the idea from mr bean...this is offensive....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA5EnfdeUtU
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next