Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates

+69
Dimsie
princess_leia
T4two
pennylane
malena stool
Alpine Aster
kitti
ann_chovey
Badboy
margaret
Loopdaloop
fred
whatsupdoc
mumbles
fedrules
Wallflower
blackrose
Angelina
AspieDistra
Krisy22
Keela
wjk
keepingmum
MaryB
chrissie
Karen
SteveT
AnnaEsse
welshy
jejune
LJC
bootsy
Angelique
sunflower
POPPY1
dazedandconfused
Lioned
FSoares
sans_souci
Roasted Arizona
fuzeta
Smudge
docmac
buildersbum
jinvta
jay2001
tanszi
Arguida
quickfingers
jeanie
HiDeHo
Indigo
aqeleega
ashwil
blossom45
Faithlilly
Midas
DavidA
ali1966
Sandi
flower
Panda
FreddieFireHog
dutchclogs
maebee
RunningFree
Palmeras16
tabs
comperedna
73 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Page 8 Empty Re: jo yeates

Post  Panda Tue 28 Dec - 18:11

It is very sad that Jo"s life was taken but since it appears it happened in the Flat it has to be someone who knew her. Ispeculated on a colleague rather than the boyfriend, but whoever is guilty must be terrified of being found out and could surely never act normally.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Tue 28 Dec - 18:18

Strangulation means murder - so I guess it's a question of where (or when) she was strangled, and where her body had been before it was found. I can't believe that she was originally attacked where the dog walkers found her, as she would have been found much sooner. It seems awful to say it, but probably the best hope is that Jo was strangled (and either unconscious or dead) before she was left in the snow, and wouldn't have been in pain, or aware of what was happening to her for too long.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 28 Dec - 18:22

Well, the boyfriend is often mentioned somewhat gratuitously in the press. I can't help thinking he is still a suspect unless he had a cast iron alibi for the time Jo died,,
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 28 Dec - 18:27

I can agree that it is wrong to speculate at this time. But we don't have spin doctors telling the press what to print and stopping some things from being printed. And giving interviews. The information released is coming from the police which I think is absolutely right. The police should be in charge of what information gets put out on serious cases. Not spin doctors. In fact I think there should be a law passed preventing spin doctors from interfering in those types of serious cases.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 28 Dec - 18:32

BBC NEWS say the boyfriend is a Witness rather than a suspect. The Toll gate at Clifton Suspension Bridge means every Car has to stop and the
Records of toll fees from 17th Dec to 19th can be accessed , this is very important as it will establish whether Jo"s boyfriend crossed the bridge before
the 19th.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 28 Dec - 18:57

The McCanns were also said not to be suspects shortly before being named as 'arguidos'...

Apparently the bridge is not the only route to the spot where Jo's body was found, it's just the most direct one..

fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 28 Dec - 19:11

I wonder what the police would think if one of the witnesses refused to answer any police questions.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Tue 28 Dec - 19:13

MaryB wrote:I wonder what the police would think if one of the witnesses refused to answer any police questions.

Or even 48??
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 678
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Tue 28 Dec - 19:17

Again, can everybody stop saying the suspect can be X or Y before there's more information to the public! That's because it's not fair to start saying this could only be the work of A and B, before more facts are brought to the public knowledge. I also have my own theories about who the author/s of the crime might be, but I keep them to myself before I know more facts.

I also believe she was killed in the house. I also believe it can well be someone that she knows, but start saying it was A or B specifically, it's not fair at this present moment. What if her family finds this forum and starts reading this? And I say it, because as MaryB and TFG have pointed out, there's a huge difference between the behaviour of this family and the McCanns. That's why I think, we should all be careful pointing out suspects having just partial information so far. Honestly I think Police has already checked her boyfriend and his whereabouts for the dates she went missing, that's why I think it's not fair talking about him at this moment. If new info is made public and he becomes a suspect, than it's a different story. Whoever did it is a evil human being who deserves to rot in Prison, but for now, let's just discuss facts and not names. For sure, she knew a lot of people and we don't know all the circumstances. We don't know if someone has used a key or if someone she knew rang her doorbell. We also don't know if it was a known/unknown person to her.

Hope you understand why I ask you all, to be careful for now.

Last edited by FSoares on Tue 28 Dec - 19:50; edited 1 time in total
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 28 Dec - 19:27

jejune wrote:Strangulation means murder - so I guess it's a question of where (or when) she was strangled, and where her body had been before it was found. I can't believe that she was originally attacked where the dog walkers found her, as she would have been found much sooner. It seems awful to say it, but probably the best hope is that Jo was strangled (and either unconscious or dead) before she was left in the snow, and wouldn't have been in pain, or aware of what was happening to her for too long.

Strangulation can be suicidal, homicidal or accidental. The police have declared it homicidal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 28 Dec - 19:44

FSoares wrote:Again, can everybody stop saying the suspect can be X or Y before there's more information to the public? That's because it's not fair to start saying this could only be the work of A and B, before more facts are brought to the public knowledge. I also have my own theories about who the author/s might be, but I keep them to myself before I know more facts.

I also believe she was killed in the house. I also believe it can well be someone that she knows, but start saying it was A or B specifically, it's not fair at this present moment. What if her family finds this forum and starts reading this? And I say it, because as MaryB and TFG have pointed out, there's a huge difference between the behaviour of this family and the McCanns. That's why I think, we should all be careful pointing out suspects having just partial information so far. Honestly I think Police has already checked her boyfriend and his whereabouts for the dates she went missing, that's why I think it's not fair talking about him at this moment. If new info is made public and he becomes a suspect, than it's a different story. Whoever did it is a evil human being who deserves to rot in Prison, but for now, let's just discuss facts and not names. For sure, she knew a lot of people and we don't know any circumstance. We don't know if someone has used a key or if someone she could know rang her doorbell. We also don't know if it was a known/unknown person to her.

Somehow I think that Jo's friends and family will have far too much on their minds at the moment to be surfing the internet to see what online "detectives" are speculating about her death.

dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Tue 28 Dec - 19:52

dazedandconfused wrote:
FSoares wrote:Again, can everybody stop saying the suspect can be X or Y before there's more information to the public? That's because it's not fair to start saying this could only be the work of A and B, before more facts are brought to the public knowledge. I also have my own theories about who the author/s might be, but I keep them to myself before I know more facts.

I also believe she was killed in the house. I also believe it can well be someone that she knows, but start saying it was A or B specifically, it's not fair at this present moment. What if her family finds this forum and starts reading this? And I say it, because as MaryB and TFG have pointed out, there's a huge difference between the behaviour of this family and the McCanns. That's why I think, we should all be careful pointing out suspects having just partial information so far. Honestly I think Police has already checked her boyfriend and his whereabouts for the dates she went missing, that's why I think it's not fair talking about him at this moment. If new info is made public and he becomes a suspect, than it's a different story. Whoever did it is a evil human being who deserves to rot in Prison, but for now, let's just discuss facts and not names. For sure, she knew a lot of people and we don't know any circumstance. We don't know if someone has used a key or if someone she could know rang her doorbell. We also don't know if it was a known/unknown person to her.

Somehow I think that Jo's friends and family will have far too much on their minds at the moment to be surfing the internet to see what online "detectives" are speculating about her death.

So in your opinion does it mean I am wrong saying it's premature to come to this forum saying it was A or B?
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 28 Dec - 19:55

No, not at all. I wasn't questioning your views, just putting myself in the parents position and thinking I would be curled up in a quivering heap somewhere and would be totally incapable to looking at the www. Sorry if it came across wrongly. I wasn't being argumentative, just trying to show compassion for her friends and family.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Tue 28 Dec - 20:00

dazedandconfused wrote:No, not at all. I wasn't questioning your views, just putting myself in the parents position and thinking I would be curled up in a quivering heap somewhere and would be totally incapable to looking at the www. Sorry if it came across wrongly. I wasn't being argumentative, just trying to show compassion for her friends and family.

That's ok. I was not being argumentative as well ;). What I do want to say is that it may be too premature to say it was A or B. It doesn't mean it wasn't that same A or B, but for now, I think it's premature. If in the future those persons find this forum and if they are innocent, they're not going to like. Of course, between this family and the McCanns goes a huge difference, that's why I think this family, friends, boyfriend deserve our respect for now.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 28 Dec - 20:07

I agree. There is a world of difference between being told facts by the police than being asked to believe stuff churned out by spin doctors. That is only my humble opinion.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Tue 28 Dec - 20:59

FSoares wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:No, not at all. I wasn't questioning your views, just putting myself in the parents position and thinking I would be curled up in a quivering heap somewhere and would be totally incapable to looking at the www. Sorry if it came across wrongly. I wasn't being argumentative, just trying to show compassion for her friends and family.

That's ok. I was not being argumentative as well ;). What I do want to say is that it may be too premature to say it was A or B. It doesn't mean it wasn't that same A or B, but for now, I think it's premature. If in the future those persons find this forum and if they are innocent, they're not going to like. Of course, between this family and the McCanns goes a huge difference, that's why I think this family, friends, boyfriend deserve our respect for now.
Yes, they do, I agree. AFAWK the family, boyfriend and friends are cooperating fully with the police, as any decent person would in a serious criminal case; we've heard nothing to the contrary anyway, so unless we do it seems only fair to respect their attempts at helping the investigation. Of course, we may more details at a later date and if necessary revise our opinions then.

Whoever did it, I just want him caught and put away for the safety of others.
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 28 Dec - 22:38

It's so sad to see Jo's smiling face on photos and to think that her life has been cut short so cruelly. I just hope she didn't suffer too long. Whoever did this will hopefully be brought to justice swiftly before they can destroy any more lives.

It's true that it's unfair to speculate about specific people involved in this awful case and I'm sorry to have done so previously..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 28 Dec - 23:04

rp to you fedrules for recognizing others' point of view and being big enough to say that you are sorry. jo yeates - Page 8 944533
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandi Tue 28 Dec - 23:06

According to the Guardian the Police think she knew her killer. http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/dec/28/joanna-yeates-may-have-known-killer

Joanna Yeates may have known her killer, say Bristol police
Postmortem reveals that the landscape architect was strangled, and privately police believe she knew her murderer
Tweet this

Steven Morris
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 28 December 2010 21.04 GMT

David and Theresa Yeates lay flowers close to Bristol and Clifton Golf Club to pay tribute to their daughter Joanna Yeates, where her body was found. Photograph: Ben Birchall/PA

Detectives believe that landscape architect Joanna Yeates may have been murdered by someone she knew rather than a random stranger.

Although in public police insist they are keeping an open mind over whether Yeates knew her killer, privately officers think it more likely that the murderer was a friend or an acquaintance.

Extra patrols are taking place in the Clifton area of Bristol, from where Yeates disappeared, but police have not issued warnings for women to take more precautions than usual. A police source said the way the inquiry was taking shape was not suggesting there was an "increased threat" to women.

Operation Braid, which was launched after Yeates went missing on 17 December, has been ratcheted up following the discovery of her body on Christmas morning and the conclusion of a postmortem that revealed Yeates had been strangled.

What began as a missing persons inquiry headed by two officers in charge of policing in Bristol has become a murder hunt led by Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones, one of the most experienced members of Avon and Somerset police's major crime investigation unit.

He is running the investigation, which involves 70 detectives, uniformed officers and civilian staff, from a large open plan incident room at Kenneth Steele House, a modern building on an industrial estate at the back of Temple Meads railway station near the centre of Bristol.

Yeates, 25, was last seen on Friday 17 December at 8pm leaving the Ram pub on Park Street, near the city centre, where she had been drinking with work colleagues. She was reported missing on Sunday 19 December by her boyfriend, Greg Reardon, when he returned from a weekend in Sheffield with family and found her gone but her coat, keys, purse and bankcards still at the flat they shared.

At lunchtime the following day police launched a public appeal for help in finding Yeates.

Her route home was quickly established. Detectives found CCTV footage capturing her at Waitrose, a five minute walk from the Ram. They also obtained CCTV footage from the off-licence, the Bargain Booze store, where she bought cider.

Police established that Yeates then went to Tesco in Clifton and bought a pizza. CCTV footage shows her standing at the till, apparently alone. Yeates left Tesco at around 8.40pm and would have reached home in Canynge Road five minutes later. Police know she got there because they found the Tesco receipt in the flat, but not the pizza nor its packaging.

The police use of the media during the missing persons part of the inquiry was textbook. They first released a description, photos and CCTV footage of her visiting Waitrose. Her parents made a harrowing appeal for information and then the footage of her at Tesco was issued.

But she was almost certainly already dead, and on Christmas morning a couple walking their dogs at Failand three miles from Yeates's flat found her frozen, clothed body on a roadside verge.

The discovery gave officers another crime scene and, of course, the body itself. The snow was a blessing and curse. It meant that any biological evidence would have had a better chance of surviving. The conditions also helped narrow down when the body was left there – it was covered in snow suggesting strongly it was dumped on the weekend she disappeared because that was when the snow fell in Bristol.

But the state of the body also meant the postmortem took longer because the pathologist had to wait for it to unfreeze naturally - a desperate delay for detectives wanting to know how and when Yeates died.

During their press conference police were careful to hold back details. They would not say, for example, if tests showed she had eaten the pizza she bought from Tesco. Though the body was clothed they would not say if Yeates had a coat on.

Officers are studying CCTV footage taken from the cameras on the Clifton Suspension Bridge – the most direct route between the flat and the spot where the body was found. But they stressed there are other routes the killer may have used.

While the police have released images of Yeates in the supermarkets, they are holding back footage seized from the pub, which could show people who left at the same time – and who she was talking with.

Though there had been a great deal of focus on it, the CCTV footage is only one line of inquiry. Police have had a "number of telephone calls" from people in the Clifton area they are chasing up. They have, of course, spoken in detail to friends and colleagues and examined Yeates's phone and computers to build a picture of her life. They have also spoken to officers involved in other unsolved murders of young women.

Over the next few days the police will be keen to keep the case in the headlines, though it is unlikely they will stage a reconstruction of Yeates's last movements this Friday – two weeks after she vanished – because it will be New Year's Eve and the streets will be full of a different crowd.

If there are no quick breakthroughs, Yeates's family could be encouraged to make another appeal for help. They are said to be keen to help if they can.

Yesterday DCI Jones asked for help to solve the mystery and ease the pain of Yeates's family.

"Someone out there is holding that vital piece of information to help provide Joanna's family with the answers they need and want," he said.
Sandi
Sandi
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 266
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 7:51

Just tweeted:

mwilliamsthomas
Joanna bought 2 bottles of Cider & a Pizza - the bottles (one open) were found in the flat but no trace of pizza wrapping yet #JoannaYeates
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 8:14

Joanna Yeates murder: boyfriend is not a suspect, say police
Dec 29 2010 Rod Minchin

TRAGIC: Greg and Joanna together
COPS yesterday said that the boyfriend of Joanna Yeates was not a suspect in her death.
It came as they revealed that the 25-year-old, whose body was found on Christmas morning, had been strangled.
Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones, who is leading the murder probe, said he believed Joanna's body was dumped "several days" earlier.
The officer said a number of lines of inquiry were being pursued.
These include the possibility there was a sexual motive behind her killing.
Police are also keeping an "open mind" over whether Joanna was held captive or had been killed where she was found.
Jones said her boyfriend Greg Reardon, who reported her missing after returning home from a weekend away in Sheffield, was being treated as a witness and not as a suspect.
The last sighting of Joanna, from Clifton in Bristol, was on CCTV cameras at a Tesco store on December 17.
She is thought to have returned to the flat she shared with Greg, 27, that evening.
Her keys, mobile phone, purse and coat were left in the flat and police said there was no sign of a forced entry or a struggle.
Jones said: "The investigation into the death of 25-year-old Joanna Yeates is now a murder investigation.
"As you know, the post mortem examination has taken longer than usual because of the frozen condition of her body.
"The pathologist completed his examination last night and concluded that the cause of her death was strangulation."
The landscape architect had been missing for eight days when her clothed body was found by a couple walking their dogs in Longwood Lane in Failand near Bristol.
Forensic officers were yesterday continuing to search of the Failand area and also examining Joanna's flat in Canynge Road for signs of a struggle.
Jones added: "There are a number of other lines of inquiry that we are pursuing.
"One of these is inevitably going to be how Joanna got from her home in Clifton to Longwood Lane, which is about three miles away.
"This means that we will be looking at any possible routes that could have been taken to get to and from that location.
"This includes reviewing CCTV footage from cameras on the Clifton Suspension Bridge, which is an obvious link between the locations.
"However, this is just one of a number of routes that could have been taken."
On Monday, Joanna's parents David, 63, and Theresa, 58, brother Chris, his partner, and Greg, 27, made a heartbreaking visit to where her body was found to lay flowers.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2010/12/29/joanna-yeates-murder-boyfriend-is-not-a-suspect-say-police-86908-22813403/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 9:42

carmen wrote:Just tweeted:

mwilliamsthomas
Joanna bought 2 bottles of Cider & a Pizza - the bottles (one open) were found in the flat but no trace of pizza wrapping yet #JoannaYeates

hmmm,... jo yeates - Page 8 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 9:51

From Press Assoc 2 hours ago:

[quote]Joanna's killer hunted by police
(UKPA) – 2 hours ago
The killer who strangled landscape architect Joanna Yeates and dumped her body by a roadside is being hunted by police.
Detectives leading the murder investigation said they were pursuing a number of lines of inquiry and maintained they were keeping an "open mind" over whether the 25-year-old was held captive or killed on the lane where she was found.
Miss Yeates' father on Tuesday spoke of how he felt "relief" after being reunited with the graduate's body, which was found on a grass verge in Failand, North Somerset, by dog walkers on Christmas morning.
David Yeates, 63, also said his family was trying to "rationalise" what had happened and hoped his daughter's killer will be brought to justice. He told the Solent News and Photo Agency: "I fear that whoever has done this will never hand themselves in but we live in hope that the police will catch who is responsible. We are sure the police know more about what happened than they are telling us, but at the moment we are not questioning them because we feel they are doing their best."
Mr Yeates said the news that his daughter had been murdered came as no surprise to him or wife Theresa, 56, because the family had been told to prepare for the worst. The past week had been the worst of their lives, he added speaking from his home in Ampfield, Hampshire, but said viewing her body had made things a little easier. "It was a relief to see her again - we just said: 'Welcome back'," he said.
Avon and Somerset Police revealed that Miss Yeates died as a result of "compression of the neck". Det Ch Insp Phil Jones, who is leading the murder investigation, said he believed her body had been dumped in Longwood Lane, Failand, North Somerset "several days" earlier. The officer said a number of lines of inquiry were being pursued, including the possibility there was a sexual motive behind her killing or that the graduate knew her killer.
He confirmed that Miss Yeates' boyfriend Greg Reardon, who reported her missing on Sunday night after returning home from a weekend away in Sheffield visiting family, was being treated as a witness and not as a suspect.
The landscape architect had been missing for eight days when her clothed body was discovered by a couple walking their dogs close to the Bristol and Clifton Golf Club - about three miles from her home.
Miss Yeates was last seen alive on the evening of December 17 having bought a pizza in Tesco Express in Clifton, at about 8.45pm. Minutes before she had brought two bottles of cider from off-licence Bargain Booze, located just metres away from the Tesco store. Police believe she then walked the short distance home to the ground floor flat she shared with her boyfriend because her keys, purse and bank cards were found there, together with a receipt from Tesco.
Earlier that night she had left the Ram pub on Park Street in Bristol city centre where she had been having a drink with work colleagues and walked to Waitrose on the Clifton Triangle, before heading to Clifton Village and the Tesco Express.[quote]

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gpsVzLMAn1vQg2sb1trXvQx3Z_yg?docId=N0354051293537984356A
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 29 Dec - 10:43

Due to all the CCTV footage in this case, and no doubt mobile phone information.... I am inclined to believe the police already know who the perpetrator is. The police often treat their main suspect as a 'witness' right up until they have gathered enough evidence and incriminating statements to make an arrest. If they didn't, the perpetrator would clam up and get lawyered up too early on, and valuable 'on the record' incriminating lies would be lost, weakening chances of a conviction. Prosecuting a person known by, or close to the victim has the added difficulty of that person's DNA being innocently present in many areas - which a defence lawyer can use deftly to the advantage of the perpetrator.

It was reported that the McCanns wished to be made, and remain Arguido's, due to the fact that this was the safest situation for them to be in with so much to hide!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  ali1966 Wed 29 Dec - 10:46

It has just been reported on sky news by our intrepid crime correspondant Martin Brunt that Joe Yeates Landlord saw he leave her flat at 9pm on the night she dissapeared with two people. Its breakng news just on now.
ali1966
ali1966
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next