Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates

+69
Dimsie
princess_leia
T4two
pennylane
malena stool
Alpine Aster
kitti
ann_chovey
Badboy
margaret
Loopdaloop
fred
whatsupdoc
mumbles
fedrules
Wallflower
blackrose
Angelina
AspieDistra
Krisy22
Keela
wjk
keepingmum
MaryB
chrissie
Karen
SteveT
AnnaEsse
welshy
jejune
LJC
bootsy
Angelique
sunflower
POPPY1
dazedandconfused
Lioned
FSoares
sans_souci
Roasted Arizona
fuzeta
Smudge
docmac
buildersbum
jinvta
jay2001
tanszi
Arguida
quickfingers
jeanie
HiDeHo
Indigo
aqeleega
ashwil
blossom45
Faithlilly
Midas
DavidA
ali1966
Sandi
flower
Panda
FreddieFireHog
dutchclogs
maebee
RunningFree
Palmeras16
tabs
comperedna
73 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Page 24 Empty Re: jo yeates

Post  pennylane Sat 1 Jan - 14:19

Being reported on HYS (via twitter) that Jo's Boyfriend, Greg Reardon, is going to be speaking on Sky News after 3:00 today!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 24 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 24 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 1 Jan - 14:22

Chris wrote:
T4two wrote:
Chris wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:Would that be because they are all cider-swilling, pork-pie munching Keystone Cops with a bumbling, incompetent detective in charge? jo yeates - Page 24 23324

Pasties surely? Actually there was a report that CCTV footage on a local property near the flat was lost because they didn't ask for it until more than 4 days after the disappearance. 4 days was the "overwrite" period. Also they didn't start looking for pizza wrappers until the day after the local refuse collection. But then again hindsight is a wonderful tool in the "armchair investigation" armoury.

If true, not armchair detective hindsight, but fundamental flaws in the investigation - how the UK media would have loved plastering this all over their headlines if the murder had happened in Portugal and the PJ were running things.

Not necessarily. Remember at least 48 hours had elapsed before the police even had a missing person report and started trying to piece together her last movements. CCTV of her buying a pizza wasn't released I think until about a week later so may not have been known about for several days.

Such trifling details wouldn't have bothered the UK media though would they? jo yeates - Page 24 29204
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 24 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 24 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 1 Jan - 14:29

Chris wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:Would that be because they are all cider-swilling, pork-pie munching Keystone Cops with a bumbling, incompetent detective in charge? jo yeates - Page 24 23324

Pasties surely? Actually there was a report that CCTV footage on a local property near the flat was lost because they didn't ask for it until more than 4 days after the disappearance. 4 days was the "overwrite" period. Also they didn't start looking for pizza wrappers until the day after the local refuse collection. But then again hindsight is a wonderful tool in the "armchair investigation" armoury.

Or pizza, I am just waiting for the Sun or the Mirror to accuse the cops of eating the evidence.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Sat 1 Jan - 15:13

dazedandconfused wrote:
fedrules wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:This may have been said already as this thread moves so fast, but I can't help wondering how the papers have managed to dig so much up and print it about the landlord yet to this day we haven't had anything other than "hot lips Healey" in relation to the dastardly duo. It's weird to say the least.
'
We've only heard all these stories about Jefferies since his arrest. If the McCanns had ever been arrested I doubt the media would've held back with the material they might have..

As for Jefferies, if he is guilty of this murder ( and others?) then it may well be his veneer of respectability which has protected him for so long. Would the police have been more mistrusting in their early questioning of him if he hadn't been a former teacher at public school and general pillsr of the community?

If his DNA can be found on Jo's body and at the site this poor girl was discarded then surely he'll be charged.

Whoever may be responsible, I just hope that they are charged as soon as possible.

Changing the subject slightly, does anyone know what the Police could possibly be doing with lasers? A reporter this morning read out a sign outside the house saying that lasers were in operation. I can't imagine what that could be for so perhaps someone more knowledgeable could enlighten me.
'

Just read on Guardian webpage that they can detect material not visible to naked eye and can also be used to make very accurate measurements.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Sat 1 Jan - 15:15

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-12100015

Coverage of Yeates murder 'concerns' attorney general
31 December 10 14:23

The attorney general is considering issuing a notice to remind the media that coverage of the arrest in the Jo Yeates murder inquiry must be fair.

Miss Yeates' landlord Chris Jefferies was arrested on Thursday, five days after her body was found in snow three miles from their Bristol flats.

The Contempt of Court Act restricts publication of information that could seriously prejudice a future trial.

Attorney General Dominic Grieve said if necessary he would take action.

In an interview for BBC Radio 4's World At One on Friday, Mr Grieve said: "We are considering what I've seen in newspapers today, and we will try to take such action as is right to ensure that the course of justice is not in any way impeded."

Former public school teacher Mr Jefferies, 65, was arrested on suspicion of murder in the flat above the one Miss Yeates had rented in Canynge Road, Bristol.

On Friday morning, police were granted a further 12 hours to question him.

Miss Yeates, 25, was found dead on Christmas Day, eight days after she was last seen on CCTV visiting an off-licence and two local supermarkets.

Legal obligation

Post-mortem tests revealed she had been strangled.

Mr Grieve - the government's most senior legal officer - said it was not only newspapers which had to be careful about the sort of material published.

"Newspapers are under a legal obligation, indeed all media is under a legal obligation, in fact everybody who puts something on the internet is under a legal obligation, to observe the principles of the Contempt of Court Act," he said.
"If they don't, they lay themselves open to proceedings for contempt."

He said the contempt laws protected an individual going through the investigative and legal process to ensure a fair trial could take place.

Mr Grieve said that all national newspapers had legal teams advising them and were "pretty familiar" with contempt laws.

"I would simply ask them to reflect carefully on how they can provide proper coverage on a matter of public importance whilst at the same time, mindful of how our legal system works, they can also ensure that a trial process, if one were ever to happen, will not be prejudiced by material being published which may be irrelevant to any case that comes before the court."

Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Sat 1 Jan - 15:27

I have just read that Jefferies 'stalked' a young blond woman in the past. She is now deeply shocked and upset to see that he is a suspect in Jo's murder. She described his eyes as 'dead' which made me think about another forum member's post about eyes and how they tell you a lot about people.

It's hard not to believe in this weird man's guilt when you read stories like that. I shall be amazed if he doesn't get charged.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Sat 1 Jan - 15:36

fedrules wrote:I have just read that Jefferies 'stalked' a young blond woman in the past. She is now deeply shocked and upset to see that he is a suspect in Jo's murder. She described his eyes as 'dead' which made me think about another forum member's post about eyes and how they tell you a lot about people.

It's hard not to believe in this weird man's guilt when you read stories like that. I shall be amazed if he doesn't get charged.

This is probably just the kind of story which could damage any trial.

Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 1 Jan - 15:43

fedrules wrote:I have just read that Jefferies 'stalked' a young blond woman in the past. She is now deeply shocked and upset to see that he is a suspect in Jo's murder. She described his eyes as 'dead' which made me think about another forum member's post about eyes and how they tell you a lot about people.

i expect he will be feds. whether the evidence against him will stand up in court is something we shall have to wait and see. todate they've had him for almost 3 days. he's either very resilient and they have nothing on him or he's innocent and they have nothing on him.

jo yeates - Page 24 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 1 Jan - 15:55

Marky wrote:

i expect he will be feds. whether the evidence against him will stand up in court is something we shall have to wait and see. todate they've had him for almost 3 days. he's either very resilient and they have nothing on him or he's innocent and they have nothing on him.

jo yeates - Page 24 25346

They've been granted an extension up to 7pm today, which means 60 hours from the original starting point, which is counted from the time the person reaches the police station. (7am Thursday) The police can obtain extensions up to 96 hours from that starting point if certain criteria are met.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sat 1 Jan - 16:02

I wouldnt put too much credence into a story in the sun of unnamed women making some quick cash by selling a story!

Alternately in the daily mail there is a quote by douglas henderson a teaching colleague who has known him for 40years who says that it is totally absurd to think that jefferies could be capable of murder and questions whether he would even have the strength to do it! But then again thats the type of thing friends of sutcliff said!

Thanks to someone earlier with the link to the blog post re all these stories in tge media was very interesting.

I read today that he even 'posted washing to his mother' which is a prime example of most of this rubbish!

Unlike the Mccans or Dewani he doesnt have pr so the eccentricities of this man are laid bare for the world to see.

I doubt it is him as I fail to see what sexual motive he would have. My moneys on him merely being an interfering busybody who got excited about some drama in his quiet area. Evidence for that is the being on the neighbourhood watch and people always seeing him about and for him to chat to random people he doesnt know, something cityfolk dont like but happens all the time in the countryside. I imagine he is the local Murrat.

Last edited by Loopdaloop on Sat 1 Jan - 16:17; edited 1 time in total
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Sat 1 Jan - 16:13

The Famous Grouse wrote:
Chris wrote:

Or pizza, I am just waiting for the Sun or the Mirror to accuse the cops of eating the evidence.
jo yeates - Page 24 294124 Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Or there again maybe it's only foreign cops who can be accused of bungling and inefficiency, particularly when they suspect someone the British press doesn't want them to suspect. It would save a lot of time and trouble if foreign police would just run any possible British suspect past the press before they take him/her in for questioning - after all, British journalists always know who's innocent just by looking at them. jo yeates - Page 24 192282

I'm still waiting for a British journalist to start calling Lee Rainbow all the names of the day for daring to suggest 'Contradictions in Gerald McCann's statements might lead us to suspect a homicide." No journalist out there willing to do so? Thought not; seems our brave journalists only have the courage to slander named police officers when there's a good stretch of water between them and their intended target.
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 1 Jan - 16:20

The Famous Grouse wrote:
Chris wrote:

I thought the box was the evidence not the pizza? On second thoughts - the box would probably taste better jo yeates - Page 24 23324
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 1 Jan - 19:56

Police originally had until 7pm on Friday to question Jeffries but have been granted a further extension by magistrates.

It is not clear how long the extension is for, but the latest police can hold him until is 7am on Monday, by which time they must either charge or release him.

In his statement, Mr Reardon Jo's boyfriend attacked some of the reporting of Jefferies' arrest.

He said: "The finger-pointing and character assassination by social and news media of an as yet innocent man has been shameful.

"It has made me lose a lot of faith in the morality of the British Press and those that spend their time fixed to the internet in this modern age."

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Sat 1 Jan - 21:06

Mr. Reardon sounds like a class act. Though he must be grieving tremendously, he is still giving Mr. Jeffries the benefit of the doubt - innocent until proven guilty.

This is in sharp contrast to Kate McCann and her comment about wanting to kill Murat merely for having been named an arguido.

I think that normally most true victims are not immediately drawn to revenge against their offendors. It was Kate's haste to place the blame on anyone other than themselves that caused her to jump on Murat. Innocent victims don't need to find a scapegoat.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Sat 1 Jan - 21:58

jo yeates - Page 24 303636 Evening all. Landlord has been released on bail.
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 1 Jan - 22:11

welshy wrote: jo yeates - Page 24 303636 Evening all. Landlord has been released on bail.

there will be hell to pay now. jo yeates - Page 24 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpine Aster Sat 1 Jan - 22:16

welshy wrote: jo yeates - Page 24 303636 Evening all. Landlord has been released on bail.
Hi Welshy.
jo yeates - Page 24 303636 Bail....... if the Police had enough evidence DNA etc at this time, then this Man would have been charged not let out on bail, time will tell.

Alpine Aster
Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1413
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 1 Jan - 22:18

Alpine Aster wrote:
Hi Welshy.
jo yeates - Page 24 303636 Bail....... if the Police had enough evidence DNA etc at this time, then this Man would have been charged not let out on bail, time will tell.

or, alternatively, his home has now got more bugs than I've had hot dinners.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Sat 1 Jan - 22:22

I always have the feeling that the cops want to arrest someone asap, because they are expected to deliver.
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 1 Jan - 22:24

Where's he going to go, he can hardly go back to his flat, can he.

I think the police are barking up the wrong tree here.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Sat 1 Jan - 22:27

jinvta wrote:Mr. Reardon sounds like a class act. Though he must be grieving tremendously, he is still giving Mr. Jeffries the benefit of the doubt - innocent until proven guilty.

This is in sharp contrast to Kate McCann and her comment about wanting to kill Murat merely for having been named an arguido.

I think that normally most true victims are not immediately drawn to revenge against their offendors. It was Kate's haste to place the blame on anyone other than themselves that caused her to jump on Murat. Innocent victims don't need to find a scapegoat.
She actually said that???
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 24 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100jo yeates - Page 24 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpine Aster Sat 1 Jan - 22:30

carmen wrote:
Alpine Aster wrote:
Hi Welshy.

or, alternatively, his home has now got more bugs than I've had hot dinners.

That could well be true, I expect they will keep a close eye on this Man watching his every move, I am not saying this Man is guilty though, we just do not know if he is innocent or guilty, the most important thing is that the Person who took this young Woman's life is brought to Justice.
The Police do let People go out on bail then re arrest at a later stage.
Alpine Aster
Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1413
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 1 Jan - 22:31

Just tweeted:

@ambisitham

Depending on next police action is possible that certain Chris Jeffries reporting will end in similar action to #murat #mccann #yeates

www.ambisitham.com
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Sat 1 Jan - 22:32

I suspect the other guy who lives nearby will be panicking now .
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sat 1 Jan - 22:36

oooh... surprise surprise. The police has now ruled out the local oddball as they can't entrap him for anything or set him up they have let him go on his way.

jo yeates - Page 24 678246
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next