Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates

+69
Dimsie
princess_leia
T4two
pennylane
malena stool
Alpine Aster
kitti
ann_chovey
Badboy
margaret
Loopdaloop
fred
whatsupdoc
mumbles
fedrules
Wallflower
blackrose
Angelina
AspieDistra
Krisy22
Keela
wjk
keepingmum
MaryB
chrissie
Karen
SteveT
AnnaEsse
welshy
jejune
LJC
bootsy
Angelique
sunflower
POPPY1
dazedandconfused
Lioned
FSoares
sans_souci
Roasted Arizona
fuzeta
Smudge
docmac
buildersbum
jinvta
jay2001
tanszi
Arguida
quickfingers
jeanie
HiDeHo
Indigo
aqeleega
ashwil
blossom45
Faithlilly
Midas
DavidA
ali1966
Sandi
flower
Panda
FreddieFireHog
dutchclogs
maebee
RunningFree
Palmeras16
tabs
comperedna
73 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Page 12 Empty Re: jo yeates

Post  Loopdaloop Wed 29 Dec - 19:51

The Famous Grouse wrote:As Carmen said already, the timing of Sans' reappearance is very interesting. Given what seems to be happening elsewhere in Forumland.

Yes what else is going on in forum land? Only this and abovetopsecret.com are the two I frequent!

Also; Blackrose - I just read on the comments on the daily mail website that someone else noticed she had a different bag at tescos than she did at bargin booze. However, 2 330ml bottles is barely sharing material.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 12 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 19:55

sans_souci wrote:You really cannot spot sarcasm, can you. What comment is there to make except to point out that normal people do not engage in completely fact free speculation over a tragic case. This thread is sickeningly full of accusations against her boyfriend.

Seemingly the idea of waiting until actual facts and information emerge is too much.

Ban me if you want. It will simply mean that you cannot cope with anyone expressing their view that malicious gossip is wrong.

oh come on sans. you protesteth too much. the boyfriend was always going to in the loop. it's natural. not like it wouldn't have happened before would it? it's just gossip. like you get in the pub and other places.

jo yeates - Page 12 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 19:58

I am reliably informed that Jill's place has gone to hell in a handcart over the last 24 hours!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 20:01

The Famous Grouse wrote:I am reliably informed that Jill's place has gone to hell in a handcart over the last 24 hours!

as long as your safe grouse that's all that matters. jo yeates - Page 12 25346

Last edited by Marky on Wed 29 Dec - 20:24; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Wed 29 Dec - 20:06

Sans-Souci

You really cannot spot sarcasm, can you. What comment is there to make except to point out that normal people do not engage in completely fact free speculation over a tragic case. This thread is sickeningly full of accusations against her boyfriend.

Seemingly the idea of waiting until actual facts and information emerge is too much.

You are so very wrong there Sans - in days gone by, people would have speculated freely over the garden fence, in the pub, or similar....now in the 21st century most people prefer to do it in the comfort of their own homes, on a laptop. It is entirely normal for people to speculate without actual facts....once the actual facts are known, there is no need to speculate!
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 12 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 20:32

Roasted Arizona wrote:Sans-Souci

You really cannot spot sarcasm, can you. What comment is there to make except to point out that normal people do not engage in completely fact free speculation over a tragic case. This thread is sickeningly full of accusations against her boyfriend.

You are so very wrong there Sans - in days gone by, people would have speculated freely over the garden fence, in the pub, or similar....now in the 21st century most people prefer to do it in the comfort of their own homes, on a laptop. It is entirely normal for people to speculate without actual facts....once the actual facts are known, there is no need to speculate!

your wasting your time here RA. you should hear what a bunch of people have had to say about this case in my watering hole. nothing contentious just chat. like rational adults do. discuss. sans is either a bleeding heart liberal or a wind up.

jo yeates - Page 12 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Wed 29 Dec - 20:36

The Famous Grouse wrote:As Carmen said already, the timing of Sans' reappearance is very interesting. Given what seems to be happening elsewhere in Forumland.

Oh dear. I am afraid there is less to this than meets the eye.
sans_souci
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 689
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100jo yeates - Page 12 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Wed 29 Dec - 20:43

I wonder if the door was locked or unlocked when the boyfriend returned home to find her missing jo yeates - Page 12 585510

And as for Sans jo yeates - Page 12 280541
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Wed 29 Dec - 22:23

pennylane wrote:Due to all the CCTV footage in this case, and no doubt mobile phone information.... I am inclined to believe the police already know who the perpetrator is. The police often treat their main suspect as a 'witness' right up until they have gathered enough evidence and incriminating statements to make an arrest. If they didn't, the perpetrator would clam up and get lawyered up too early on, and valuable 'on the record' incriminating lies would be lost, weakening chances of a conviction. Prosecuting a person known by, or close to the victim has the added difficulty of that person's DNA being innocently present in many areas - which a defence lawyer can use deftly to the advantage of the perpetrator.

It was reported that the McCanns wished to be made, and remain Arguido's, due to the fact that this was the safest situation for them to be in with so much to hide!

I read (in the Mirror, I think) that the McCanns were asking to be made arguido, so that they could have access to the police files, evidence, etc. This was the point when I became certain that there was something very fishy about these people. They were asking the PJ to make them 'persons of interest' to the case. Why would the parent of an 'abducted' child want that - and it was nothing to do with access to information jo yeates - Page 12 424625. They knew that the arguido thing meant they were under suspicion. They'd been given information by their PR service that this was the best way of handling the sitution before it was generally released to the press.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 29 Dec - 22:39

jejune wrote:
pennylane wrote:Due to all the CCTV footage in this case, and no doubt mobile phone information.... I am inclined to believe the police already know who the perpetrator is. The police often treat their main suspect as a 'witness' right up until they have gathered enough evidence and incriminating statements to make an arrest. If they didn't, the perpetrator would clam up and get lawyered up too early on, and valuable 'on the record' incriminating lies would be lost, weakening chances of a conviction. Prosecuting a person known by, or close to the victim has the added difficulty of that person's DNA being innocently present in many areas - which a defence lawyer can use deftly to the advantage of the perpetrator.

It was reported that the McCanns wished to be made, and remain Arguido's, due to the fact that this was the safest situation for them to be in with so much to hide!

I read (in the Mirror, I think) that the McCanns were asking to be made arguido, so that they could have access to the police files, evidence, etc. This was the point when I became certain that there was something very fishy about these people. They were asking the PJ to make them 'persons of interest' to the case. Why would the parent of an 'abducted' child want that - and it was nothing to do with access to information jo yeates - Page 12 424625. They knew that the arguido thing meant they were under suspicion. They'd been given information by their PR service that this was the best way of handling the sitution before it was generally released to the press.

Yes I read that too jejune, thank you for reminding me. Throughout this time the McCanns were insisting they wanted their arguido status lifted, and I can remember Clarence Mitchell endlessly going on about it.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 22:50

Midas wrote:Marky wrote ............ ''now what are they looking for from the door that they can't get from it in situ?''

It is easier to work on a flat surface, and easier to use dusting powder, magnifiers and UV lights. There may have been some pushing or shoving around the door and door jamb area, resulting in fibres leaving themselves attached ....... especially below waist level. There may be a lot of cat hairs around this area too, especiay if the door has been damp with the weather. These will need to be carefully removed to see if anything of note is underneath them ....... and to see if the door area has been recently cleaned. (Like apartment 5A for instance.)

How peculiar would it be to find there are no fingerprints on the door ....... because it had been recently wiped? jo yeates - Page 12 192282

aye, good point. jo yeates - Page 12 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Wed 29 Dec - 23:05

blackrose wrote:Is it me or has anyone else noticed that Joanna seems to have a shoulder bag in Bargain Booze but a rucksack in Tescos?

Looks like the same bag to me - just that she's taken it off her back and placed one of the straps over her shoulder - possibly in readiness to put the bottles of cider inside for easy carrying.
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Wed 29 Dec - 23:16

Hello Sans,

As I have said I regret my speculation about Greg Reardon and have apologised.

The McCanns though are another case entirely because we know the facts which led the police, both in Portugal and the UK, to suspect them.

I find it quite telling that Jo bought two bottles of cider because it may mean she had plans for an evening with another person. The largish pizza seems to indicate the same.

Poor Jo. When you see CCTV images of her you'd like to be able to turn back the clock and stop whatever happened to her from occurring.

The landlord may be mistaken. It would be very odd for a young woman to leave without her coat, keys and phone.

Can people be traced by their phone even if it's turned off and they don't use it ?
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  aqeleega Wed 29 Dec - 23:30

Does anyone know how big the bottles of cider were? Most cans now are 440ml to 500ml which is about two halves. If it was two small bottles that is enough for one if you are a cider drinker.
aqeleega
aqeleega
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 262
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Wed 29 Dec - 23:35

They were quite small I think, about third of a litre so not neccesarily for sharing..although Jo had already been to the pub.

Just read that Jo's landlord is a 65-year- old bachelor and former chairman of the 'Prayer Book Society', whatever that is...
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 23:56

fedrules wrote:They were quite small I think, about third of a litre so not neccesarily for sharing..although Jo had already been to the pub.

Just read that Jo's landlord is a 65-year- old bachelor and former chairman of the 'Prayer Book Society', whatever that is...

I had to google!

http://www.pbs.org.uk/

Welcome To The Prayer Book Society

The Prayer Book Society exists to promote and preserve the use of the Book of Common Prayer (1662). The 1662 Prayer Book is the traditional service book of the Church of England, and it contains the Church's historic beliefs.

In practice, however, the Book of Common Prayer is increasingly endangered by indifference and undermined by neglect. In many churches, it is not used at all, whilst in others it is marginalised to "off-peak" times such as Evensong and 8.00 a.m. Holy Communion. Too often, new clergy emerge from ordination training with little or no knowledge of the Book of Common Prayer, and most younger churchgoers and newcomers to the church have barely even heard of it.

The Prayer Book Society works to ensure that the Book of Common Prayer will continue to be available to future generations. We seek to introduce it to young people, ordinands and PCCs throughout the Church of England.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Dec - 8:25

party goer having a craft smoke at a house opposite hears two short screams, landlord now not sure who he saw and the police stressing the landlord is a witness not a suspect.

jo yeates - Page 12 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 30 Dec - 8:26

Newsflash. Police have arrested a 65 year old man on suspicion of murder (same address as Jo's)
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  blossom45 Thu 30 Dec - 8:27

jo yeates - Page 12 306321 all
a 65 year old man has been arrested.
blossom45
blossom45
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 922
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 30 Dec - 8:27

I wanted to get the newsflash in and forgot to expand - how old is the landlord?
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Smudge Thu 30 Dec - 8:29

Just seen the news flash, I was pretty sure it was him when he came forward with that story so late.
Smudge
Smudge
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 103
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Thu 30 Dec - 8:29

Marky wrote:party goer having a craft smoke at a house opposite hears two short screams, landlord now not sure who he saw and the police stressing the landlord is a witness not a suspect.

jo yeates - Page 12 303636

And the landlord is 65.
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 30 Dec - 8:32

dazedandconfused wrote:I wanted to get the newsflash in and forgot to expand - how old is the landlord?
'

65...Thought he looked weird in DM photo yesterday, but restrained from speculation..He must have known boyfriend was away and wouldn't have needed to force the door. I am tempted to say that being an upstanding Christian does not make people incapable of despicable acts..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ashwil Thu 30 Dec - 8:36

fedrules wrote:...I am tempted to say that being an upstanding Christian does not make people incapable of despicable acts..

Often, quite the reverse!
ashwil
ashwil
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 209
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 30 Dec - 8:36

Smudge wrote:Just seen the news flash, I was pretty sure it was him when he came forward with that story so late.

Me too. I thought he must have been being questioned and had come up with that vague story as a cover.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next