Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates

+69
Dimsie
princess_leia
T4two
pennylane
malena stool
Alpine Aster
kitti
ann_chovey
Badboy
margaret
Loopdaloop
fred
whatsupdoc
mumbles
fedrules
Wallflower
blackrose
Angelina
AspieDistra
Krisy22
Keela
wjk
keepingmum
MaryB
chrissie
Karen
SteveT
AnnaEsse
welshy
jejune
LJC
bootsy
Angelique
sunflower
POPPY1
dazedandconfused
Lioned
FSoares
sans_souci
Roasted Arizona
fuzeta
Smudge
docmac
buildersbum
jinvta
jay2001
tanszi
Arguida
quickfingers
jeanie
HiDeHo
Indigo
aqeleega
ashwil
blossom45
Faithlilly
Midas
DavidA
ali1966
Sandi
flower
Panda
FreddieFireHog
dutchclogs
maebee
RunningFree
Palmeras16
tabs
comperedna
73 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Page 13 Empty Re: jo yeates

Post  MaryB Thu 30 Dec - 8:39

Sky news 'sky sources say it is the landlord who is the man arrested.' Glad to find somebody has been arrested quickly. But still anything could happen.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 13 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 30 Dec - 8:42

fedrules wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:I wanted to get the newsflash in and forgot to expand - how old is the landlord?
'

65...Thought he looked weird in DM photo yesterday, but restrained from speculation..He must have known boyfriend was away and wouldn't have needed to force the door. I am tempted to say that being an upstanding Christian does not make people incapable of despicable acts..

I thought he looked dodgy too feds..... saying he may have seen Jo leave the flat, etc. A had an immediate flash back of Ian Huntley saying he saw Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman walking off across the field. I kept my thoughts to myself because people were a bit touchy about posters pointing the finger at anyone.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 13 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 30 Dec - 8:43

Former English teacher at nearby public school Clifton college..that'll be a shock for his former students. Perhaps his car was on CCTV camera footage. Looks a bit like Gary Glitter in the DM photo. Thought so last night, but thought I shouldn't say anything...

Stiil as you say, innocent until proven guilty..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 30 Dec - 8:49

Sky News Link

A 65-year-old man arrested by detectives hunting the killer of Joanna Yeates is her landlord Chris Jefferies, Sky sources say.

Police arrested the man at an address in Canynge Road, Clifton, Bristol - the road where Miss Yeates lived - at 7am today and took him into custody for questioning over the 25-year-old's death.

An Avon and Somerset Police spokesman said: "Just after 7am this morning, police attended an address in Canynge Road and arrested a 65-year-old man on suspicion of murder.

"He has been taken into custody at a police station within the Avon and Somerset force area and detained for questioning.

The mystery surrounding Miss Yeates' death deepened yesterday as it was revealed she bought two small bottles of cider from an off-licence after leaving the Ram pub in Bristol city centre.

Police released CCTV showing Miss Yeates calling in at the Bargain Booze store on Regent Street in an effort to jog the memories of anyone who may have information relating to her murder.

Wearing a white winter jacket and carrying a black bag, the landscape artchitect looked carefree as she strolled into the shop.

Sky reporter Enda Brady, in Bristol, said: "Today is day 12 of this murder of inqury. Yesterday there were a number of developments and we'll find out later on today if there has been any progress along those two key lines."

He said that Avon and Somerset Police have renewed their appeal for witnesses to come forward.

"We know officers are very keen to speak anyone who was on Canynge Road here on the night when she vanished. It was during the week of the heavy snow," he said.

"They also want to speak to anyone who may have driven along Longwood Lane during that period."

Longwood Lane in Failand, North Somerset, is where Miss Yeates' body was found on Christmas morning, less than five miles from her flat.

Police have been pursuing a number of other lines of inquiry, including the possibility there was a sexual motive behind the graduate's killing or that she knew her killer.

They are also keeping an "open mind" over whether Miss Yeates had been held captive before she was strangled, or had been killed where she was found.

Mr Reardon, 27, who reported her missing on Sunday night after returning home from a weekend away in Sheffield visiting family, was being treated as a witness and not as a suspect, police said.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Dec - 8:50

Landlord of Joanna Yeates is arrested on suspicion of her murder
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 8:39 AM on 30th December 2010
Add to My Stories

Uncertain: Chris Jefferies, who lived above Joanna Yeates' flat, said he saw her with two people on the day she disappeared, however last night he appeared to contradict that claim
The landlord of murdered architect Jo Yeates was today arrested on suspicion of her murder, according to police sources.
Bachelor Chris Jefferies, 65, was taken into custody just after 7am this morning - hours after he claimed he had watched as Jo left the flat with two people on the night she vanished.
A statement from Avon and Somerset police said: 'Just after 07.00hrs this morning, police attended an address in Canynge Road and arrested a 65-year-old man on suspicion of murder.
'He has been taken into custody at a police station within the Avon and Somerset force area and detained for questioning.
'Detectives investigating Joanna's murder are continuing to carry out forensic examinations, and are also continuing to appeal for anyone with any information that can help the enquiry to call the Operation Braid incident room on 0845 456 7000 or the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.'
Mr Jefferies, a former teacher at the nearby public school Clifton College, lives directly above the basement flat he rented to Miss Yeates.
The body of 25-year-old Miss Yeates, who had been strangled, was found by dog walkers on Christmas morning, three miles from her £200,000 flat in the upmarket area of Clifton, Bristol.
She was last seen by friends on December 17 and was reported missing two days later by her live-in boyfriend Greg Reardon when he returned from a weekend with relatives.
Yesterday a £10,000 reward was offered to help police catch her killer and fresh CCTV was released of Miss Yeates buying cider in a branch of Bargain Booze on the last night she was seen.
But police inquiries are now centring on the flat she shared with her fellow architect Mr Reardon, 27.
Forensic experts have removed bags of potential evidence and even the front door in their search to discover exactly what happened.
They are also ripping up floorboards inside the flat and the rest of the house in their hunt for clues.
An only child who has never married, Mr Jefferies – originally from Grimsby – was considered one of the ‘luminaries’ of Clifton College’s English department in the 1970s.
He was particularly fond of the work of the 19th-century romantic poet Christina Rossetti.

Carefree: Joanna Yeates is seen smiling as she entered Bargain Booze, in Clifton, hours before she vanished

A police forensic officer outside the flat of murder victim Joanna Yeates in Clifton, Bristol

The doors from Miss Yeates' flat were removed yesterday as police continue to investigate the killing
A former pupil, James Harris, wrote on a social networking site: ‘Jo Yeates’s landlord was my English teacher at school 20 years ago. He was very flamboyant and had blue hair at the time.’
Mr Jefferies was four years ago appointed the chairman of the Bath and Avon Prayer Book Society, which promotes the continued use of the 1662 Book of Common Prayer. He resigned four months later.
A year earlier, he set up a campaign group to fight plans to replace a rifle range and squash courts belonging to his former college with two semi-detached houses.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1342688/Joanna-Yeates-landlord-Chris-Jefferies-arrested-suspicion-murder.html#ixzz19aDvTEFE

jo yeates - Page 13 Article-1342427-0C9A11FA000005DC-276_306x840
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 30 Dec - 8:53

Hi Pennylane. You're right about him suddenly coming up with the sighting of Jo with two others being suspect. I'm sure the police must have been onto to him and he said it in response to questioning? The words '65-year-old bachelor' and 'former chairman of the Prayer Book Society' rang alarm bells in my head. I have a theory that there are more nutters in extremely religious groups than elsewhere. Wonder what his former students at the posh Clifton college have to say about him?

Let's hope the police have got the right man so that women in the Bristol area can feel safe again, but words can't express the contempt I feel for someone who has snuffed out a promising young life and ruined those of Jo's family and friends. I also want to apologise again for speculating about Greg Reardon who is as much a victim of this vile old man as anyone...
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Dec - 8:56

fedrules wrote:I also want to apologise again for speculating about Greg Reardon...

no need feds. jo yeates - Page 13 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 30 Dec - 9:00

I must confess I did initially think it might have been the boyfriend. And said so to some family. So don't feel guilty feds. But yesterday when I saw the landlord I thought it tied in. With access to the flat and everything. But doesn't this prove the police must keep an open mind as regards suspects. And they must have access to all records and witnesses must be as accurate as they can and answer all police questions.

Last edited by MaryB on Thu 30 Dec - 9:01; edited 1 time in total
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 30 Dec - 9:00

Marky wrote:
fedrules wrote:I also want to apologise again for speculating about Greg Reardon...

I agree. Those nearest to the victim are always first in line for suspicion since it's usually someone close who commits the crime.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 30 Dec - 9:02

AnnaEsse wrote:
Marky wrote:

I agree. Those nearest to the victim are always first in line for suspicion since it's usually someone close who commits the crime.

ETA: How awful if it was the landlord that Joanna was somewhere she would have felt safe. Back home from a night out with friends, close her own door and then she's vulnerable. Very sad for her and her family and partner.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 30 Dec - 9:03

fedrules wrote:Hi Pennylane. You're right about him suddenly coming up with the sighting of Jo with two others being suspect. I'm sure the police must have been onto to him and he said it in response to questioning? The words '65-year-old bachelor' and 'former chairman of the Prayer Book Society' rang alarm bells in my head. I have a theory that there are more nutters in extremely religious groups than elsewhere. Wonder what his former students at the posh Clifton college have to say about him?

Let's hope the police have got the right man so that women in the Bristol area can feel safe again, but words can't express the contempt I feel for someone who has snuffed out a promising young life and ruined those of Jo's family and friends. I also want to apologise again for speculating about Greg Reardon who is as much a victim of this vile old man as anyone...

Hi feds. I hope the police have plenty of evidence to secure a conviction! So many criminals walk free nowadays.

I wonder if poor Jo went up to the Landlord's flat for some reason, and that is where the crime was committed??
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 30 Dec - 9:03

I still feel bad about thinking the worst of someone who must be grief-stricken, although, in my defence, many women are killed by their husbands / partners.. Perhaps the landlord called Jo to his flat to discuss something ? Might explain the half-drunk bottle of cider...I bet he was already known to the police as he was involved in various campaigns, but why does a 65-year-old suddenly murder someone ?
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Dec - 9:06

fedrules wrote:Hi Pennylane. You're right about him suddenly coming up with the sighting of Jo with two others being suspect. I'm sure the police must have been onto to him and he said it in response to questioning? The words '65-year-old bachelor' and 'former chairman of the Prayer Book Society' rang alarm bells in my head. I have a theory that there are more nutters in extremely religious groups than elsewhere. Wonder what his former students at the posh Clifton college have to say about him?

Yes quite agree with you about nutters and fanaticism generally. I wonder if his interest in Prayer Book was literary or religious? But worrying that police are now removing floorboards - and he lived above Joanna and Greg's flat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Dec - 9:07

fedrules wrote:I still feel bad about thinking the worst of someone who must be grief-stricken, although, in my defence, many women are killed by their husbands / partners.. Perhaps the landlord called Jo to his flat to discuss something ? Might explain the half-drunk bottle of cider...I bet he was already known to the police as he was involved in various campaigns, but why does a 65-year-old suddenly murder someone ?

stop feeling bad but yes, 'why' is going to be the question. i could speculate here but i guess yawl thinking what i'm thinking, right?

jo yeates - Page 13 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 30 Dec - 9:07

I think that's a likely scenario too. There would seem to be no reason to fear a 65 year old who was a former teacher at the local expensive public school...No doubt the forensic teams will be looking at his flat now..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Dec - 9:08

Just been tweeted:

@mwilliamsthomas

Arrested landlord Chris Jefferies was the neighborhood watch coordinator #JoannaYeates
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 30 Dec - 9:10

Right Marky..;)
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 30 Dec - 9:12

fedrules wrote:I still feel bad about thinking the worst of someone who must be grief-stricken, although, in my defence, many women are killed by their husbands / partners.. Perhaps the landlord called Jo to his flat to discuss something ? Might explain the half-drunk bottle of cider...I bet he was already known to the police as he was involved in various campaigns, but why does a 65-year-old suddenly murder someone ?

I feel the same fedrules, but I don't think we were alone with our initial suspicions. I did have a re-think after I saw the DM picture of the landlord, but then again, we didn't ought to judge on appearances.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 30 Dec - 9:13

carmen wrote:Just been tweeted:

@mwilliamsthomas

Arrested landlord Chris Jefferies was the neighborhood watch coordinator #JoannaYeates'

'

That's kind of ironic.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 30 Dec - 9:17

Pure speculation here..Jo goes upstairs to see if the landlord wants to share a pizza. Finds him in some kind of embarrassing situation. He's so scared of his tendancies being discovered that he panics and strangles her..

fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 30 Dec - 9:18

fedrules wrote:Pure speculation here..Jo goes upstairs to see if the landlord wants to share a pizza. Finds him in some kind of embarrassing situation. He's so scared of his tendancies being discovered that he panics and strangles her..

Snap!

I was just about to say..... I imagine Jo was in a happy, friendly mood and her joviality and sharing of her pizza was misread... advances were made, and then things turned ugly.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Dec - 9:23

pennylane wrote:...advances were made, and then things turned ugly.

that's pretty much what i was hinting at. wouldn't be the first time it'd happened would it?

jo yeates - Page 13 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 30 Dec - 9:25

I suppose she would feel doubly safe, firstly because of his age and secondly she considered she was in a place of safety, her own home. I feel so sad for her and those left behind.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 30 Dec - 9:30

Yes, poor Jo. He seemed like a pillar of the community and a threat to nobody..although I still think he looks like Gary Glitter...
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Thu 30 Dec - 9:33

pennylane wrote:
fedrules wrote:Pure speculation here..Jo goes upstairs to see if the landlord wants to share a pizza. Finds him in some kind of embarrassing situation. He's so scared of his tendancies being discovered that he panics and strangles her..

Snap!

I was just about to say..... I imagine Jo was in a happy, friendly mood and her joviality and sharing of her pizza was misread... advances were made, and then things turned ugly.

I think it's more likely that he was either already in her flat when she returned or arrived at her door soon afterwards.

I hope he's not one of these men that's prone to 'spying' on his tenants!

Agree with fedrules - he does have that Gary Glitter look about him.

Last edited by mumbles on Thu 30 Dec - 9:34; edited 1 time in total
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next