Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

+37
Panda
halfamo
Loopdaloop
dazedandconfused
margaret
Lioned
Dimsie
AnnaEsse
pennylane
Krisy22
Estelle
jejune
welshy
wantthetruth
Arguida
Chris
buildersbum
Smudge
fedrules
T4two
Badboy
flower
chrissie
ann_chovey
kitti
MaryB
mumbles
Angelique
Alpine Aster
Annabel
docmac
LJC
sans_souci
Sandi
SteveT
Midas
Keela
41 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 12 Empty Re: jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

Post  wjk Mon 31 Jan - 22:12

Panda wrote:
wjk wrote:I too think its a done deal.
Like to know where its going with the LL though? Strange!

wjk.......I know I am thick at times, what"s LL?
Sorry panda, I'm too lazy to write Landlord jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 12 294124
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 12 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 12 Empty Re: jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

Post  Panda Mon 31 Jan - 22:27

wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:

Sorry panda, I'm too lazy to write Landlord jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 12 294124

What are you like!!!! Apparently Tabak doesn"t own a Car but maybe has a Licence. I"m just wondering if he asked the Landlord if he could borrow
his car and Jefferies could be charged with aiding and abetting if he knew the reason.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 12 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 31 Jan - 22:33

I dont see the landlord as anything but an innocent party here,you may be right there panda about the car.

Last edited by Lioned on Mon 31 Jan - 22:33; edited 1 time in total
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 31 Jan - 22:33

Panda wrote:
wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:

What are you like!!!! Apparently Tabak doesn"t own a Car but maybe has a Licence. I"m just wondering if he asked the Landlord if he could borrow
his car and Jefferies could be charged with aiding and abetting if he knew the reason.
Thats what I'm thinking, panda.
There must be a reason why Jefferies is still on bail?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 31 Jan - 22:58

If Jefferies did lend him his car, I can"t see him being so obliging IF he knew the reason. Tabak would have wanted to wait until the early hours of the morning before moving the body, we know there was a heavy snowfall during this period which was why the body was mostly covered in snow.

This begs the question, where was the girlfriend on the night of 17th December?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 1 Feb - 8:55

The body of Joanna Yeates has been released to her family so that they can begin to plan her funeral.

Joanna Yeates' body was found on Christmas Day

The information emerged during a preliminary hearing for Miss Yeates' neighbour, Vincent Tabak, who is accused of killing the young architect some time between December 16 and December 26.

The Dutch engineer appeared at Bristol Crown Court via videolink from HMP Long Lartin, in Worcestershire, as a timetable for the trial was set out.

Michael Fitton QC, representing Tabak, told the court that pathologist Dr Nat Carey had "consented to the release of the body of the deceased" a week ago after carrying out a post mortem.

The developments come as new pictures of Miss Yeates with her boyfriend Greg Reardon and her friends were released by Crimewatch.

The television programme had reconstructed her final moments to prompt witnesses to come forward, but the scenes were not shown following Tabak's arrest.

New pictures of Joanna Yeates (left) with her boyrfriend Greg and a friend

In court, Tabak was shown on a screen, seated at a table with his hands clasped in front of him, and wearing a red jumper and dark trousers.

He appeared calm and relaxed as proceedings were relayed to him.

A plea hearing was set for May 4, and Tabak was told that a provisional trial date had also been fixed for October 4 at Bristol Crown Court.

However, the judge, the Hon Mr Justice Treacy, stressed this was subject to "further consideration".

He told Tabak: "Your next appearance in court will be May 4 - do you understand?"

Tabak replied: "Yes, I understand. Thank you."

The accused made no application for bail and was remanded in custody at the end of the hearing.

Trilingual Tabak lived next door to Miss Yeates with his girlfriend, Tanja Morson.

He was the second person to be arrested after Miss Yeates' body was found dumped by the side of a road on Christmas Day.

Her boyfriend Greg Reardon had reported her missing six days earlier.

A post-mortem revealed the 25-year-old had been strangled.

A 66-year-old man remains on police bail on suspicion of Miss Yeates' murder.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 1 Feb - 9:00

A bit more News, I can"t do red lettering jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 12 294124 but noticed a couple of points which are interesting.

1. Provisional Trial fixed for 4th October, does it really have to take 9 months to prepare the case against Tabak?

2. Judge Treacy stressed this was subject to further consideration?

3. Jefferies remains on Bail?

The above report is from Sky News yesterday.

Last edited by Panda on Tue 1 Feb - 9:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added source.)
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Tue 1 Feb - 9:05

Panda wrote:
wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:

Hmm! for some reason Ive got a feeling the "LL" is entwined in this sad case somewhere imo, hope Im wrong.
I suppose Ive got it stuck in my head that 2 people were involved (Police said that at the beginning so that is maybe why)
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 1 Feb - 9:17

Hi Buiuldersbum,

Tabak has been moved to Worceter, supposedly for his own safety.....makes it harder for his QC to visit though.

Have you read Krisy"s post on the QC, seems to be quite capable of defending Tabak, it"s posted a few days ago on this thread.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 1 Feb - 13:34

buildersbum wrote:
Panda wrote:
wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:

Hmm! for some reason Ive got a feeling the "LL" is entwined in this sad case somewhere imo, hope Im wrong.
I suppose Ive got it stuck in my head that 2 people were involved (Police said that at the beginning so that is maybe why)
Me too, bb.
But I've thought he had some involvement from the start.
I just don't think the police arrested him on a whim.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 1 Feb - 13:55

I can"t understand why it is going to take 9 months th prepare the Case, the Police must have all the evidence they need to have charged Tabak so
it shouldn"t take that long to finalise. The Judge"s remark is strange too?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue 1 Feb - 21:19

Panda wrote:

Hi Buiuldersbum,

Tabak has been moved to Worceter, supposedly for his own safety.....makes it harder for his QC to visit though.

Have you read Krisy"s post on the QC, seems to be quite capable of defending Tabak, it"s posted a few days ago on this thread.

Evesham is only about 50 miles from Bristol so I doubt his barrister is inconvenienced that much now they have stopped using a horse and cart as the most common mode of transport in the West Country. jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 12 25346

His barrister hasn't yet risen to the status of QC not that that matters overmuch.

Last edited by Chris on Wed 2 Feb - 7:42; edited 1 time in total
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue 1 Feb - 21:26

Panda wrote:

I can"t understand why it is going to take 9 months th prepare the Case, the Police must have all the evidence they need to have charged Tabak so
it shouldn"t take that long to finalise. The Judge"s remark is strange too?

It isn't uncommon for cases to take 9-12 months to come to trial. It isn't anything to do with the weight of evidence but more to do with the number of cases already on the books waiting to be decided. I think the judge is merely saying the propsective dates in May and October are subject to further consideration ie they are not yet fixed in concrete.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sat 5 Feb - 21:09

Joanna Yeates funeral to take place next FridayDetails of Ampfield church service for murdered architect emerge as MP calls for media ban on naming of suspects

Share7 Steven Morris and agencies guardian.co.uk, Friday 4 February 2011 16.13 GMT Article history
About 100 relatives and friends are expected to attend Joanna Yeates's funeral at St Mark's church in Ampfield. Photograph: PA

The funeral of the murdered landscape architect Joanna Yeates is due to take place next Friday, it emerged today.

Yeates, whose body was discovered on Christmas morning eight days after she disappeared, will be buried in the churchyard of her home village.

About 100 relatives and friends are expected to attend a service at St Mark's in Ampfield, Hampshire, which is known as the church in the woods.

Yeates's parents, David and Teresa, have said it is bound to be the worst day of their lives – but insist they are more fortunate than families whose relatives disappear and can never be given a funeral.

Meanwhile in the Commons, the Conservative MP Anna Soubry, a former journalist and barrister, called for the media to be banned from naming a suspect arrested by the police until he or she is charged.

Soubry claimed reporting of the arrest of Yeates's landlord, Chris Jefferies, in December was "unacceptable and plain wrong", and led to his "vilification".

Jefferies, 66, was arrested on suspicion of murder before being released on bail. Yeates's next-door neighbour Vincent Tabak, 32, was subsequently charged with murder and is being held on remand.

Soubry said the media had failed to regulate itself and it was time for lawmakers to act. "As we have seen recently in events down in Bristol, it has now got to the stage where many of us believe this is something that has got to stop," she said.

The MP did not mention Jefferies by name but continued: "I don't think there's anybody who is not aware of the publicity, the media coverage, that was given to the first man who was arrested following the murder of Joanna Yeates.

"It's as if we'd forgotten that one is innocent in this land until you are proven guilty. What we saw in Bristol was effectively a feeding frenzy and we saw a vilification."

Under Soubry's anonymity (arrested persons) bill, which had its second reading in the Commons today, anyone publishing the name of an arrested person could face up to six months in prison.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 5 Feb - 22:48

Thanks for that Krissy.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Mon 7 Feb - 17:11

wjk wrote:Thanks for that Krissy.

Hi WJK jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 12 Icon_flower

At least her poor mum and dad will be able to put their lovely daughter to rest at last. This must have been a terrible time for them the family and friends.

This is turning out to be yet another strange case.... with VT charged with murder plus the landlord still on bail.

I just hope and trust for all concerned that the police have some strong evidence in this case to convict the guilty party whoever they may be.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Arguida Mon 7 Feb - 17:17

I agree with the name publication ban. We have that in Canada and it works very well. The police are free to arrest and question without fear of press interference. If the police are doing their job they will be following up all leads and don't need to fear the press is tracking them and publishing the names of all they interview. Name suspects only when their is enough evidence to arrest.
Arguida
Arguida
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 103
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Mon 7 Feb - 17:44

Arguida wrote:I agree with the name publication ban. We have that in Canada and it works very well. The police are free to arrest and question without fear of press interference. If the police are doing their job they will be following up all leads and don't need to fear the press is tracking them and publishing the names of all they interview. Name suspects only when their is enough evidence to arrest.

I quite agree Arguida.

If it is not changed here soon people will be frightened to assist the police in any way in case they have their names printed in all the newspapers.

I am sure years ago people were anonymous till charged. Unfortunately now with the internet the police only have to state the age or occupation and people are named left right and centre. Sign of the times I guess.. but its not right.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 7 Feb - 17:49

Krisy22 wrote:
Arguida wrote:I agree with the name publication ban. We have that in Canada and it works very well. The police are free to arrest and question without fear of press interference. If the police are doing their job they will be following up all leads and don't need to fear the press is tracking them and publishing the names of all they interview. Name suspects only when their is enough evidence to arrest.

I quite agree Arguida.

If it is not changed here soon people will be frightened to assist the police in any way in case they have their names printed in all the newspapers.

I am sure years ago people were anonymous till charged. Unfortunately now with the internet the police only have to state the age or occupation and people are named left right and centre. Sign of the times I guess.. but its not right.
Agree with you both.
The LL was tracked down by Sky news, if I remember rightly. And it didn't take them long to name him either or plaster his face all over the TV!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Arguida Wed 9 Feb - 4:33

The media in Canada can track down and find out all they want but they can't print what they find. It is illegal to name and sometimes there is even a ban on publication of much of the trial. If family members don't want grisly details published they can request a ban which is often granted. If you want to know you have to attend the trial yourself.

I almost brought a story over that was in our press recently. It stated that a man and women were found deceased in a hotel room. They could not name the hotel nor the couple nor what happened. The family requested privacy and the hotel did not want the bad publicity. All we get in our papers is something happened which is none of your business. Reading between the lines I think it was a murder suicide.
Arguida
Arguida
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 103
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Thu 10 Feb - 21:07

My thoughts and prayers will be with the family and friends of Joanna Yeates at her funeral tomorrow. xx

Hoping they can find the strength to take them through this very sad time.

Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun 13 Feb - 6:44

RIP Joanna Yeates
Estelle
Estelle
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 431
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun 13 Feb - 6:47

From Twitter

@betover68
betover68
Joanna Yeates case : anyone thinking police got 'their man' in Vincent Tabak may have to reconsider. All will be revealed soon.

If this is true, then I am coming around to suspecting that CJ and JH could be in this together and they could be IMO the "serial killers" we have wondered about and who could have framed VT as CJ had the key to his flat. IMO they wanted to release the body to the parents for the funeral but they had not really finished checking VT out.

Neither CJ nor JH has a decent alibi for the 17th.

Where did CJ go in his car between 7 and 9pm?

Estelle
Estelle
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun 13 Feb - 7:08

Joanna Yeates: The Funeral And The Police Hope for A Breakthrough

JOANNA Yeates’s remains have been buried. Vincent Taback has been charged with her murder. Monstered Chris Jefferies remains on police bail.

(Tory MP Anna Soubry has drafted the Anonymity (Arrested Persons) Bill, which would bar anyone from publishing the name of an arrested person.)

Today Avon and Somerset police released a photo of Joanna Yeates looking at a piece of work she produced for her Post Graduate Diploma show.

Why did they do this today? Are the police uncertain that Tabak is the killer and are still seeking information, hoping the photo will prick a conscience?And this on the day that the 25-year-old’s funeral at St Mark’s Church in Ampfield, Hampshire.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/273301/media/joanna-yeates-the-funeral-and-the-police-hope-for-a-breakthrough.html.
Estelle
Estelle
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun 13 Feb - 7:27

noelogara noel o'gara
Was her killer at the funeral of Joanna Yeates?????
Is Vincent Tabak, a patsy locked up????
http://www.suffolkstrangler.com/vincenttabak.htm
Estelle
Estelle
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next