Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

+37
Panda
halfamo
Loopdaloop
dazedandconfused
margaret
Lioned
Dimsie
AnnaEsse
pennylane
Krisy22
Estelle
jejune
welshy
wantthetruth
Arguida
Chris
buildersbum
Smudge
fedrules
T4two
Badboy
flower
chrissie
ann_chovey
kitti
MaryB
mumbles
Angelique
Alpine Aster
Annabel
docmac
LJC
sans_souci
Sandi
SteveT
Midas
Keela
41 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 Empty Re: jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 13 Feb - 9:47

Estelle wrote:noelogara noel o'gara
Was her killer at the funeral of Joanna Yeates?????
Is Vincent Tabak, a patsy locked up????
http://www.suffolkstrangler.com/vincenttabak.htm

I think the above is a bit premature and making some wrong assumptions. For instance, I think Tabak was probably appearing by video link for his own safety and also, at that stage of the proceedings, all he was expected to do was confirm his identity and little else. I think the author of that site has as little access to the evidence as the rest of us and therefore has no way of knowing what the prosecutors will eventually present. His calling DNA evidence 'lies,' shows his lack of knowledge and I wouldn't be inclined to take anything on that site seriously.

Having said that, I still worry that in their desperation to charge somebody the police have latched onto Tabak.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 Empty Re: jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

Post  Guest Sun 13 Feb - 10:00

I wonder what that website was set up for, just 11 days before Jo disappeared??

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 Suffol10
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Mon 14 Feb - 16:33

Accused’s girl visits jail as Jo is laid to rest By JOHN COLES

Published: Today
THE girlfriend of Jo Yeates' alleged killer emerges from a prison visit - on the same day as the tragic 25-year-old's funeral.
Tanja Morson, 34, was seen for the first time since Vincent Tabak was charged.

She arrived at top-security Long Lartin prison with the Dutchman's brother Marcel and a female family friend who had travelled from Holland.

The trio went to the Worcestershire jail on Friday afternoon as Jo's family held her funeral in her home village of Ampfield, Hants - at which she was described as "an English rose".

Financial analyst Tanja, who lived with Tabak in a flat next to Jo, has kept a low profile since her boyfriend's arrest.

Awaiting trial ... Vincent Tabak has been charged with the murder of Jo Yeates
She spent nearly two hours in the jail, then emerged alone and sat in a car. Marcel and his friend came out 45 minutes later.

A prison insider said: "It was an emotional time for everyone. It's the first time he's seen his girlfriend for weeks. She was eager to visit him as soon as possible once she was cleared to do so.

Going in ... Tanja Morson, Marcel Tabak and friend enter Long Lartin prison
M Giddings/Andy Bush/NI Syndication
"His family were also anxious to come over from Holland and show their support."

Architectural engineer Tabak, 32, was charged with murdering Jo a month after her body was found in a lane a few miles from her Bristol flat.

He has been put on suicide watch and is due to stand trial for Jo's murder in October. His family insist he is innocent.

j.coles@the-sun.co.uk

It looks like Tanja is standing by her man. It makes me think she is not the crying woman who phoned the police.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :
jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Mon 14 Feb - 17:50

If it's true he has no car then is does beg the question how did he get the body all that way?
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 15 Feb - 9:54

still don't understand why it's going to take 9 months to prepare a case. jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Mon 28 Feb - 17:23

Marky wrote:still don't understand why it's going to take 9 months to prepare a case. jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 303636

I agree with you Marky. If the person is innocent it seems an awful long time to be away from your loved ones and also your job etc.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Mon 7 Mar - 9:31

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 306321 On Sky News Now

Breaking News9:35am UK, Monday March 07, 2011
Charges Dropped Against Jo Yeates Landlord Share Comments
The landlord of murdered landscape architect Joanna Yeates has been released from police bail without charge. Avon and Somerset Police confirmed Chris Jefferies was released without charge on Friday night, more than two months after his arrest.

Mr Jeffries, 66, was arrested on suspicion of Ms Yeates' murder on December 30 2010 and released on bail on January 1.

welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Mon 7 Mar - 10:43

Thank you Welshy jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 Icon_flower

Looks like the landlord wants a fresh start.

"It has now emerged that ex-public school teacher Mr Jefferies has put his flat in the Bristol house where Ms Yeates lived up for sale.

He is asking for £245,000 for his first floor property in Clifton, with an estate agent’s advertisement describing the flat as ‘particularly large’.

The listing also refers to its ‘very spacious lounge’, off-street parking and the flat’s potential to be converted into a two-bedroom apartment.

Police said in January they would be reviewing the arrest of Mr Jefferies after Tabak was charged yet he still remains on bail.

His friend, Brian Worthington, 71, said the former teacher is ‘terribly upset’ that he could still face charges.

Mr Worthington told The Sun: ‘He has no idea what the police are getting at by continuing to treat him as a suspect.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1363708/Joanna-Yeates-landlord-Chris-Jefferies-selling-Bristol-flat.html#ixzz1FtSsHK86

Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 7 Mar - 11:56

Krisy22 wrote:
Marky wrote:still don't understand why it's going to take 9 months to prepare a case. jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 303636

I agree with you Marky. If the person is innocent it seems an awful long time to be away from your loved ones and also your job etc.

Cases at crown courts take alot longer to prepare for, l don't think 9 months is an especially long time??
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 7 Mar - 15:26

I owe Mr Jeffries an apology. I did believe he had something to do with poor Jo's murder.
Especially as he was still on bail. jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 284844
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Mon 7 Mar - 16:22

margaret wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:

Cases at crown courts take alot longer to prepare for, l don't think 9 months is an especially long time??

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 306321 Margaret, maybe not but I bet it seems like years for someone who is innocent. Considering the amount charged by legal bods I would have thought it could have been done sooner.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Mon 7 Mar - 16:24

wjk wrote:I owe Mr Jeffries an apology. I did believe he had something to do with poor Jo's murder.
Especially as he was still on bail. jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 284844

I am sure you are not the only one wjk jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 Icon_flower .... he did come over a bit dodgy.IMO jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 294124

After saying that it must have been awful to be accused of something you were not guilty of.

Last edited by Krisy22 on Mon 7 Mar - 17:03; edited 1 time in total
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 Mar - 16:37

Yes , I agree about the Car and thought perhaps the Landlord might have been involved in moving the body which is why he is still a suspect., but note
he has been released without charge.

A couple of things puzzle me. Where was Tabak"s girlfriend on 17th December? she was allegedly living with him in the Flat but ovbiously couldn"t
alibi him to the Police. I dind it very hard to believe that he is guilty because they spent Christmas with her Family and then visited his Family and he
was apparently acting normal.

As Marky said, 9 months is a long time to keep someone in Jail without Trial, surely , if the evidence they had was sufficient to charge hime, what more
do they need. If he is on suicide watch, that"s dreadful, shame on the Police and , do you know, I can"t think of the name of the Dept which decided if there is a case to answer???? jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 23324 Anyway, you know who I mean.

Last edited by Panda on Mon 7 Mar - 16:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additionel comment.)
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 7 Mar - 16:44

margaret wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:

I think you may be right Margaret. I was following a case a few years ago - the culprit was arrested in September and the trial (at Crown Court) started the following July.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Mon 7 Mar - 16:58

Panda wrote:Yes , I agree about the Car and thought perhaps the Landlord might have been involved in moving the body which is why he is still a suspect., but note

A couple of things puzzle me. Where was Tabak"s girlfriend on 17th December? she was allegedly living with him in the Flat but ovbiously couldn"t
alibi him to the Police. I dind it very hard to believe that he is guilty because they spent Christmas with her Family and then visited his Family and he

As Marky said, 9 months is a long time to keep someone in Jail without Trial, surely , if the evidence they had was sufficient to charge hime, what more
do they need. If he is on suicide watch, that"s dreadful, shame on the Police and , do you know, I can"t think of the name of the Dept which decided if there is a case to answer???? jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 23324 Anyway, you know who I mean.

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 306321 Panda, think the girlfriend was away that night at her works party allegedly. Not sure if she came back that evening or stayed with friends. So I would think she was unable to give him an alibi for the 17th.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 Mar - 17:11

Krisy22 wrote:
Panda wrote:Yes , I agree about the Car and thought perhaps the Landlord might have been involved in moving the body which is why he is still a suspect., but note

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 306321 Panda, think the girlfriend was away that night at her works party allegedly. Not sure if she came back that evening or stayed with friends. So I would think she was unable to give him an alibi for the 17th.

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 306321 Krisy, thanks. Iv"e been reading the blog Carmen posted and must say I am impressed , the youtube report on low carbon DNA is interesting as
well . How could the Police not let Tabak have his Glasses? Can you imagine being locked up in solitary confinement for all these months if you know you are innocent.? That profile you posted about Tabak"s Lawyer seemed to suggest he was in good hands but it is puzzling why he didn"t advise
Tabak not to enter a not guilty plea for the record. Roll on May 4th when we should know what exactly the evidence is against Tabak.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 7 Mar - 17:59

margaret wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:

Well, I can tell you now I've finished, but I've just done Jury Service and the case I was on has taken nearly TWO YEARS to come to Crown Court!!
Even the Judge was furious about it and was looking into the reasons.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 Mar - 18:19

wjk wrote:
margaret wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:

Well, I can tell you now I've finished, but I've just done Jury Service and the case I was on has taken nearly TWO YEARS to come to Crown Court!!

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 306321 wjk

I hope it wasn"t the case that the accused had been languishing in Prison all that time!!! Is there any Department in Britain which is run efficiently?

The CPS has not got the best of reputations, the Birmingham 4 and the young man who served I think 14 years in prison for a crime he didn"t commit
are two cases that come to mind. If you watch that video of the Expert on DNA, he says low carbon DNA is very unreliable and it will be intersting to
see just what evidence the Police have besides DNA. Have they established how Tabak moved Jo"s body from the Flat to the Lane for instance?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 7 Mar - 22:46

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 306321 panda, no he wasn't in prison but you could see it had taken it's toll on the guy. When they gave the guys age, the whole of the jury was shocked, he looked a good 20yrs older!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Fri 18 Mar - 2:04

Panda wrote:
wjk wrote:
margaret wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 13 306321 wjk

I hope it wasn"t the case that the accused had been languishing in Prison all that time!!! Is there any Department in Britain which is run efficiently?

The CPS has not got the best of reputations, the Birmingham 4 and the young man who served I think 14 years in prison for a crime he didn"t commit
are two cases that come to mind. If you watch that video of the Expert on DNA, he says low carbon DNA is very unreliable and it will be intersting to
see just what evidence the Police have besides DNA. Have they established how Tabak moved Jo"s body from the Flat to the Lane for instance?

The CPS was created in, I think, mid-eighties, after the Birmingham Six were convicted. My bugbear with this branch of our justice system is that its priority seems to be keeping costs down. It was probably started up with the best of intentions, with the aim of standardising the crime prosecution service in the UK, but nowadays it seems as if there has to be at least a 99% chance of conviction before the police are allowed to take a case to court. Surely it should be up to judges independent of state justice departments who decide on the likelihood of conviction, not government departments looking to not overspend on budgets?
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 18 Mar - 2:17

Yes I agree, it was to keep costs down but it can also be seen as a method of denying Justice. The Jo Yeates case had attracted so much interest
and the Police Dept. so inexperienced in handling the Media that the first Suspect was kept in custody and eventually released through lack of
evidence. Keeping Tabak in Solitary Confinement for such a long time is cruel and I just hope the Avonmouth Police have enough evidence to prove
his guilt.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 20 Mar - 10:15

Just noticed this article while checking out something else, havn"t read it before, very interesting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1349615/Joanna-Yeates-murder-Vincent-Tabak-charged-murder-court-Monday.html
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 20 Mar - 10:20

Pictured the night before his arrest: Vincent Tabak, 32, the man charged with the murder of architect Joanna Yeates

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 11:08 PM on 23rd January 2011

* Add to My Stories

This is Vincent Tabak pictured the night before he was arrested on suspicion of killing next-door-neighbour Joanna Yeates.

The 32-year-old Dutchman is captured on CCTV walking past Cotham Stores in Abbotsford Road, Clifton, Bristol, at 6.15pm last Wednesday. Within hours he would be arrested over the murder of the architect.

Yesterday Tabak, also an architect, was charged with her murder after being questioned by detectives for three days. He will appear at Bristol magistrates court tomorrow.
Before arrest: Vincent Tabak is captured on CCTV at 6.15pm on the evening before he was held on suspicion of murdering Joanna Yeates. He is seen wearing a black coat and shoes walking past Cotham Stores in Clifton

Before arrest: Vincent Tabak is captured on CCTV at 6.15pm on the evening before he was held on suspicion of murdering Joanna Yeates. He is seen wearing a black coat and shoes walking past Cotham Stores in Clifton

Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones, who is leading the investigation, said: ‘We have charged Vincent Tabak with the murder of Joanna Yeates.

'I would like to pay tribute to Jo’s family and Greg Reardon [her boyfriend] for their assistance and dignity in the most difficult of circumstances. Their support has been invaluable.

‘I would also like to thank the general public for their help and the information they continue to provide to the investigation.’

Tabak is the second person to be arrested after 25-year-old Miss Yeates’s frozen body was found on Christmas Day in a country lane three miles from her home in Canynge Road, Clifton, Bristol. She had been reported missing six days earlier.
Charged: Vincent Tabak
Murder victim: Joanna Yeates

Accused: Vincent Tabak, 32, has been charged with murdering Joanna Yeates, the 25-year-old Bristol-based architect

Chris Jeffries, 65, Miss Yeates’s landlord, was arrested on suspicion of murder five days after her body was found. But the former teacher was released on bail two days later.

Police have been holding dramatic CCTV evidence that they believe shows the car in which they believe Miss Yeates’s body was being taken to be disposed of just hours after she was murdered.

The evidence captures what detectives believe to be the car containing her body being driven over Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol the morning after the killing of landscape architect Miss Yeates, on its way to dumping her body three miles away in a lane in nearby Failand.

The images were caught by cameras on the bridge on December 18, the day after Miss Yeates, 25, vanished. It is understood that Avon and Somerset Police have had the footage for three weeks.
Joanna's flat: Police officers put up scaffolding around 44 Canynge Road

Detectives interviewed the owner of the car earlier this month but eliminated him at that stage.

A source close to the investigation told The Mail on Sunday: ‘The investigation changed dramatically three weeks ago after this new CCTV footage came to light.

‘The discovery of this car driving over the bridge shifted the case’s dynamics.

'Before this breakthrough the investigation was close to hitting a brick wall. They had interviewed Miss Yeates’s landlord but nothing materialised from it and there was no concrete evidence linking him in any way to the murder.

‘It appears he had brought himself under suspicion by making a series of comments which now appear to be irrelevant and innocuous. There was no case against him.’

Joanna Yeates and her boyfriend Greg Reardon
Graduation day: Joanna Yeates

Tragic: Joanna Yeates, left, with her boyfriend Greg Reardon and, right, on her graduation day

Last night Tabak’s brother Marcel said he was ‘shocked’ that Vincent had been charged. He said: ‘I would like to know, what evidence have they got? How can they be sure he’s the man they’re after?

‘We’ve heard nothing from the police about the charge. We need answers because we’re in the dark.

‘My mother is very old and this is not good news for her or any of us.

‘We still don’t believe Vincent has done this. This is a huge shock, we never for a moment expected him to be charged.’

Meanwhile, it has been revealed that Tabak was arrested on suspicion of murder after police received vital new evidence in a phone call last Wednesday.

It followed an emotional plea by Miss Yeates’s parents David and Theresa for anyone to come forward with information that may help catch her killer.

A source close to the investigation said the caller was in tears after watching Mr and Mrs Yeates’s appeal on BBC1’s Crimewatch programme.

More evidence of a disturbance on December 17 has also emerged. A resident living in the building directly behind Miss Yeates’s flat told police he heard a woman screaming ‘Help me’ on the night she went missing.
Reconstruction: An actress this week re-traced Joanna's steps on the night of her disappearance for BBC television programme Crimewatch

Reconstruction: An actress this week re-traced Joanna's steps on the night of her disappearance for BBC television programme Crimewatch

It is also reported that DNA traces have been found underneath Miss Yeates’s clothing, suggesting that she may have been sexually assaulted. They are thought to have come from the killer’s saliva.

Miss Yeates’s mother Theresa said last night that the family was ‘very pleased’ that someone had been charged with her daughter’s murder.

Speaking at the family home, Mrs Yeates, 58, said: ‘In the circumstances we are very pleased that Vincent Tabak has been charged with Jo’s murder. It’s given us some relief. Both David and I feel very much the same in this respect.

‘We were alerted by a phone call from our police family liaison officer shortly before the news was broken to the media.

‘Although I did not recognise Vincent Tabak when I saw his picture, I may have seen him once on one of my three visits to see Jo, as I did see people in the vicinity of his flat.

‘We have been told Tabak will appear in court on Monday but we have not yet decided if we will attend. The news will take a while to sink in and then we will decide.’

David Yeates last night revealed that his daughter and her boyfriend Greg Reardon had never mentioned Tabak.

Mr Yeates, 63, said: ‘It would be good if the person they have arrested is the right one this time. Then we wouldn’t have to go through it all again. It’s just the wondering.

‘Jo and Greg never mentioned him, they didn’t socialise. As far as I know their paths never crossed.’

Speaking at his £600,000 home in Ampfield, near Romsey, Hampshire, Mr Yeates also said he and his wife had been watching television news reports to keep up to date with developments in the case.

He said: ‘At this stage we know nothing more than you about the investigation. We keep watching TV to see if there have been any updates.

‘We don’t keep asking police questions because they are doing their job and they are always going to say, “We can’t tell you at this stage.” ’

The family were keen to point out that they themselves scripted their televised appeal for information.

Mr Yeates added: ‘There has been a suggestion the police put together what Theresa and I read out on television.

Grief: Parents David and Theresa Yeates lay flowers at the spot where Joanna's body was found

Grief: Parents David and Theresa Yeates lay flowers at the spot where Joanna's body was found

‘Firstly, I want to make it clear it was done under our instigation and, secondly, we wrote all the words and put it together. I don’t want to give the impression that police are manipulating us. It wasn’t the case – we asked for it to be done.’

Asked if Mr Reardon was planning to leave Bristol, Mr Yeates replied: ‘I don’t know what his plans are.’

Mr Yeates’s comments come as speculation grows over the relationship between Tabak and his girlfriend Tanja Morson, a financial analyst at Dyson Appliances in Malmesbury, Wiltshire.

She has emerged as a crucial witness as detectives piece together Tabak’s movements at the time Miss Yeates went missing.

The couple rented their ground-floor flat adjoining Miss Yeates’s about 18 months ago. But they moved out as a huge police forensic operation got under way over Christmas.

It is understood Tabak was arrested last week at a flat a mile away, which belongs to his friend Emily Williams, an accountant. Miss Williams, 31, is on holiday in Chile.

Detectives want to establish whether Tabak and Miss Morson moved in to the flat together or whether they split to separate addresses.

Her Canadian father Jeffrey Morson, from Cambridge, yesterday denied they had separated. ‘I am not aware of any of this,’ he said. ‘Tanja is up in Bristol and this is a police matter. I am not aware that she had split up from Vincent.’
My Vincent was 'normal' on trip home says mother
by DANIEL BOFFEY in Eindhoven

Dutch architect Vincent Tabak at work presentation in January 2009

Dutch architect Vincent Tabak at work presentation in January 2009

The mother of Vincent Tabak broke her silence last night to back her son – insisting he was acting ‘normally’ in the week following Joanna Yeates’s death.

Mr Tabak left Bristol for a family holiday in Holland two days after Miss Yeates was reported missing.
He was only arrested last week after his return to the UK.

His mother, Sonja, who is in her 70s, admitted that she was very worried for her son. She claimed that his behaviour had been the ‘same as usual’ during his break in Holland with his brother, two sisters, nieces and nephews in a rented house in the countryside.

Mrs Tabak, who has lived alone in Arnhem since the death of her husband two years ago, added:
‘I saw Vincent between Christmas and New Year. He came home to Holland. We were all glad [to see him]. We see less of each other now that he is in England.

‘He was the same as usual.’

She added: ‘It’s a worrying time, it is very difficult for everyone. I am waiting for a call for someone to explain what is happening. It is difficult to talk to his girlfriend as she speaks English and I don’t.’

Mr Tabak lived with girlfriend Tanja Morson, 34, in a flat next door to Miss Yeates. He returned to the UK after the New Year, according to a friend.

It is understood he had separated from his girlfriend, but Mrs Tabak said she believed he had been enjoying his life in the UK – where he worked as a ‘people flow analyst’ for the firm Buro Happold in Bath.

Last night his brother Marcel, who lives in Doornenburg, east of Amsterdam, said: ‘His behaviour [at Christmas] was normal. He’s a lovely guy – mild-mannered and very friendly.’

Final movements: The 25-year-old's last known steps were re-created for Crimewatch. She bought a pizza from Tesco's Finest range and paid for it at the self-service checkout

Final movements: The 25-year-old's last known steps were re-created for Crimewatch. She bought a pizza from Tesco's Finest range and paid for it at the self-service checkout

Last edited by Panda on Sun 20 Mar - 10:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deleted excess unrelated footage)
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 20 Mar - 10:43

So this is what Tabaks arrest is based on?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Police have been holding dramatic CCTV evidence that they believe shows the car in which they believe Miss Yeates’s body was being taken to be disposed of just hours after she was murdered.

The evidence captures what detectives believe to be the car containing her body being driven over Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol the morning after the killing of landscape architect Miss Yeates, on its way to dumping her body three miles away in a lane in nearby Failand.

The images were caught by cameras on the bridge on December 18, the day after Miss Yeates, 25, vanished. It is understood that Avon and Somerset Police have had the footage for three weeks.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 20 Mar - 16:07

And a possible match of the DNA?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next