Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the nz quake mods please move

+14
AnnaEsse
widowan
blossom45
Midas
tanszi
fuzeta
Lioned
malena stool
fred
zodiac
margaret
chrissie
POPPY1
fedrules
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

the nz quake   mods please move Empty the nz quake mods please move

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 22 Feb - 7:20

OMG this is huge the church that was severly damaged was where my grandparents got married im half nz so this is really sad the death toll so far is 65 but it will go up many are still trapped
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
the nz quake   mods please move Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100the nz quake   mods please move Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

the nz quake   mods please move Empty Re: the nz quake mods please move

Post  POPPY1 Tue 22 Feb - 7:39

Justiceforallkids wrote:OMG this is huge the church that was severly damaged was where my grandparents got married im half nz so this is really sad the death toll so far is 65 but it will go up many are still trapped

What can I say Justice to what has happened.

I can only send my best wishes for the people in New Zealand and elsewhere effected by this disaster.
POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1103
Warning :
the nz quake   mods please move Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100the nz quake   mods please move Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 22 Feb - 7:42

POPPY1 wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:OMG this is huge the church that was severly damaged was where my grandparents got married im half nz so this is really sad the death toll so far is 65 but it will go up many are still trapped

What can I say Justice to what has happened.

I can only send my best wishes for the people in New Zealand and elsewhere effected by this disaster.

yeah theres still lots trapped its 8.42pm in nz so light will be going now too
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 22 Feb - 8:04

very sad
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 22 Feb - 9:16

sniffer dogs are being used to find people see the mcanns and pros can trash the dpgs all they want!!! sniffer dogs are never wrong
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  POPPY1 Tue 22 Feb - 9:23

Justiceforallkids wrote:sniffer dogs are being used to find people see the mcanns and pros can trash the dpgs all they want!!! sniffer dogs are never wrong

the nz quake   mods please move 307691 the nz quake   mods please move 307691 the nz quake   mods please move 307691
POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1103
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 22 Feb - 9:39

Carly, thanks for the news. This is truly dreadful. I'm not sure where to move this to, but I'll leave it here for a little while anyway so that more people can read it. I shall probably move it to World News.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 22 Feb - 10:16

This is terrible. Thoughts and prayers.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

the nz quake   mods please move Empty 200 feared trapped

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 22 Feb - 10:30

Sky News

A powerful earthquake in the southern New Zealand city of Christchurch has killed at least 65 people, while 200 others are feared trapped in damaged buildings.

The country's prime minister, John Key, revealed the death toll during a statement on the plight of the city of 350,000 people - and warned it may rise.

He told TV1 News: "It is a just a scene of utter devastation. This may be New Zealand's darkest day."

Google has set up a website to help distribute information about missing victims.

Buildings have collapsed and vehicles are buried beneath debris, with rescue workers scrambling to help those trapped under rubble left by the 6.3-magnitude quake.

Breaking News

10:24am UK, Tuesday February 22, 2011
Hundreds Feared Trapped As NZ Quake Kills 65

o Share
* Comments (28)

Richard Williams, Sky News Online
A powerful earthquake in the southern New Zealand city of Christchurch has killed at least 65 people, while 200 others are feared trapped in damaged buildings.

:: Pictures: TV3 New Zealand

The country's prime minister, John Key, revealed the death toll during a statement on the plight of the city of 350,000 people - and warned it may rise.

He told TV1 News: "It is a just a scene of utter devastation. This may be New Zealand's darkest day."

Google has set up a website to help distribute information about missing victims.

Buildings have collapsed and vehicles are buried beneath debris, with rescue workers scrambling to help those trapped under rubble left by the 6.3-magnitude quake.

This has shaken me to the core. I'm really concerned about friends that I haven't been able to get in contact with in the city.

Jo Kane, who lives on the outskirts of Christchurch

NZ QUAKE DAMAGE SEEN FROM THE AIR

The fire service said the proximity of the quake to the city's centre meant it had caused more damage than the 7.1-magnitude tremor in Christchurch last September.

"The shake has been a lot worse, maybe not in intensity but as far as damage is concerned, and there are numerous people trapped," a spokesman said.

A police statement said: "Reports include multiple building collapses, fires in buildings in the central (city) and persons reported trapped in buildings."

Those killed are thought to include the occupants of two buses that were crushed by falling debris.

Pavements and roads were cracked and split, and hundreds of dazed, screaming and crying residents wandered through the streets as sirens blared throughout the city.

Christchurch Mayor Bob Parker said he was on the top floor of the city council building when the quake hit just before 1pm local time, throwing him across the room.

"There will be deaths, there will be a lot of injuries, there will be a lot of heart break in this city," he said.

"I got down onto the street and there were scenes of great confusion, a lot of very upset people."

Helicopters dumped giant buckets of water in attempts to douse a fire in one tall office building, while a crane helped rescue workers trapped in another office block.

The airport was closed and Christchurch Hospital was evacuated. Power and telephone lines were knocked out, and pipes burst, flooding the streets with water.

The multi-storey Pyne Gould Guinness Building, housing more than 200 workers, was among those that collapsed and at least 30 people are said to be trapped inside.

Television pictures showed rescuers, many of them office workers, dragging severely injured people from the rubble.

The US Geological Survey said the centre of the quake was three miles from the city at a relatively shallow depth of 2.5 miles.

A 5.6-magnitude aftershock hit shortly after seven miles east of the city at a depth of 3.7 miles.

City councilman Barry Corbett said: "When the shaking had stopped I looked out of the window, which gives a great view onto Christchurch, and there was just dust.

"It was evident straight away that a lot of buildings had gone."

Christchurch has been hit by hundreds of aftershocks since the previous earthquake struck in September.

That quake caused no deaths, but the city was still repairing the extensive damage.

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 22 Feb - 11:44

Justiceforallkids wrote:sniffer dogs are being used to find people see the mcanns and pros can trash the dpgs all they want!!! sniffer dogs are never wrong

Well said Justice the nz quake   mods please move 307691

You are certainly having a rough time over there, so sad xx
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 22 Feb - 11:49

margaret wrote:

Well said Justice the nz quake   mods please move 307691

You are certainly having a rough time over there, so sad xx

australia and nz have been though hell this summer here!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 22 Feb - 12:46

Thinking of everyone invloved xx
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  blossom45 Tue 22 Feb - 15:16

my niece, her husband and two little boys live in christchurch.
we have heard that they are safe,
but it was an anxious few hours for the whole family...
blossom45
blossom45
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 922
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Tue 22 Feb - 15:38

blossom, so glad your niece and family are safe. My cousin (half-cousin, strictly speaking) and his family live in Christchurch, have emailed him but no reply so far. Trouble is, I'm not even sure the email address I have for him is still the right one, as he's now retired and the email address I have is one he had through his work.

I couldn't believe it when I heard NZ had had another bad earthquake, especially after the September one last year. Too many disasters in that part of the world. :(
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  blossom45 Tue 22 Feb - 16:33

the nz quake   mods please move 306321 dimsie,
i do hope you get some positive news soon,
it is all very worrying for friends and families.
is there family of your cousin in the uk that my be able to reassure you?
blossom45
blossom45
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 922
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  zodiac Tue 22 Feb - 17:30

Sorry to hear such sad news.
zodiac
zodiac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1248
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 22 Feb - 18:24

It is terrible, couldn't believe it when I put the news on today.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 22 Feb - 20:10

Aussie and New Zealand are having more than their share of tragedies at the mpment. Our thoughts are with them.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 22 Feb - 20:43

There are some really nasty things going on in the World,bad enough people having to suffer 'man made' tradgedys without this kind of thing.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Tue 22 Feb - 20:49

terrible news. Hope they rescue people quickly.
Does seem like Earthquakes & mudslides have done their share of damage lately. Very frightening to be in one.
Dimsie and all those with family there I hope you hear from them safe and sound, soon.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Tue 22 Feb - 21:03

Terrible thing to happen. I do not know what is happening with the planet earth these last couple of years. So much unusual weather everywhere, floods, earthquakes, typhoons. I know that these things happen but not at such a rate as lately. Something seems to have shifted somewhere along the line. It is very worrying!!
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 22 Feb - 23:19

OMG ive just seen on the news some of the devastation. its awful, dont now what to say. Just my thoughts are with every one out there, it must be so scary and sad.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Midas Wed 23 Feb - 0:17

I was horrified whilst listening to the news. A woman was so calm on her mobile phone ....... saying that she was lying on broken tiles and had been told not to move around until help arrived! God knows whether she was at the top or bottom of a building. It looks very dangerous for the rescue workers too. Hats off to those brave people who risk their own lives to rescue others. I know the McCanns won't agree with me ...... but I do wish that more dogs were available at times like this. To scent both the living and the dead.
Midas
Midas
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 473
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 23 Feb - 2:12

the death toll stands at 75 and 300 are missing there was a mircle last night though 2 small chiildren were pulled out alive and unhurt!!! theres been so far 30 aftershocks and that will continue it makes it very dangerous for rescue workers they are using sniffer dogs too midas like keela and eddie they put one in and then the other the dogs work in pairs so the rescue workers know the dogs are right
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Thu 24 Feb - 1:50

I've finally got word that my cousin and his family are safe, though life is anything but normal with them at the minute by the sound of things. But one good thing is the way the NZ people are pulling together and helping one another, even while their own lives are turned upside down with loss of power, water, etc. It's dreadful that so many people are dead or badly injured and of course many still missing, though good to know that sniffer dogs are as always doing their bit to locate people. Wonderful animals!
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next