Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found

+13
cass
AnnaEsse
tigger
Panda
buildersbum
Bellatrix
Thistledown
mumbles
tanszi
ann_chovey
almostgothic
kitti
Annabel
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found - Page 2 Empty Re: If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found

Post  widowan Fri 29 Jul - 13:44

Bellatrix wrote:it is a lovely thought, but is silly in a number of ways. The only scenario this could happen is if a kind, childless person abducted her to raise as their own. Which I highly doubt. But like has been said above, its still not necessarily the case that she will be allowed to see the media, etc. or if she does, it doesn't exactly mean she WILL do anything about it.

The whole "we've all left our kids" thing really winds me up. I have had someone say it to me before "they were on holiday, they didn't expect anything to happen" that isn't the point! I never have left my children, and I never bloody will and I'm certain the majority of parents feel the same way, so don't try to claim otherwise! /rant

It's very irritating isn't it. They want to present that we all do this and have just singled McCanns out for their bad luck -so that we don't have to blame ourselves and can make them into a scapegoat or "feel safer" if we accuse them - when in fact we don't all do it, most of us would never consider it, and they only moved from "we were responsible" to "we've always felt horribly guilty" when they could no longer be charged with neglect.

This attempt at Kate's to figure out the psychological workings behind people who criticise her is equal parts interesting and pathetic self justification. interesting because that kind of magical thinking she talks about is foreign to me however I"m not the one having tea parties for my missing child's birthday nor putting sweets for her in a special box as she is teaching her children to do. I don't think she's entirely right in the head. And I don't think that started May 3rd, I think the ability to walk off and leave your kids for hours as you go off drinking - really - bespeaks some time of disordered thinking. Never mind the half hour checks, we know those weren't done. To return May 1 to a child who'd been sobbing for over an hour and go out and do the same thing the next two nights possibly sedating your child as the answer to this rather than staying in or getting a sitter, is a sign of a person so hard and narcissistic it does seem like a devaition from normal maternal feelings.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2