Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elizabeth Herfort

Go down

Elizabeth Herfort Empty Elizabeth Herfort

Post  milly Sat 22 Oct - 2:13

Herfort, Elizabeth
Elizabeth Herfort B91c0e10

Personal Details
Year of birth: 1962
Height: 160cm
Build: Slim
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Complexion:
Distinguishing Feature:
Circumstances
Elizabeth was last seen at the Australian National University Bar, Canberra ACT. Between 9:00pm and 9:45pm on the 13 June 1980 a person fitting her description was seen hitch-hiking on the south bound carriageway leading to Commonwealth Avenue in Canberra. It is believed that this same person was then given a lift in a motor vehicle along Commonwealth Avenue to the intersection of coronation drive in Canberra. Elizabeth has not returned
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1604
Warning :
Elizabeth Herfort Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Elizabeth Herfort Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-03

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth Herfort Empty Re: Elizabeth Herfort

Post  milly Sat 22 Oct - 2:13

Friday 13 June 1980 Elizabeth Herfort 28 Years Missing
By Paisley ⋅ June 12, 2008 ⋅ Email This Post Email This Post ⋅ Print This Post Print This Post ⋅ Post a comment
Tagged Canberra, elizabeth herfort, missing person, News

9pm Friday 13 June 2008 marks 28 years since my friend Elizabeth Herfort was last seen.

I knew Elizabeth from my school days at Phillip College. She was one of my classmates and we ‘hung’ in the same large circle of friends. She was an intelligent, thoughtful and kind girl. She was a very nice person. In 1980 we were finished year 12 and had moved on to University. Elizabeth was studying at ANU as were others in our group that Friday night. I was studying at Art School.

I remember that day so clearly. Some of our group started to arrive at the Union Bar about lunchtime, others, including Elizabeth, arrived later after lectures finished. We stayed until the bar closed at 9pm. There was no live music planned for the Refectory or upstairs in the bar so we all said our goodbyes and went home our seperate ways. Although we had been at the bar for several hours we drunk slowly and chatted a lot… and I don’t recall anyone in our group being drunk. Binge drinking was uncool and we were more interested holding sophisticated, intelligent discussions on topical issues.

Elizabeth lived on the Southside and in those days buses were few and far between after 7pm. Canberra was a quiet place and kids felt safe hitching home.

Elizabeth was a happy girl, with plans and dreams for the future. It is impossible that she simply chose to ‘drop out’… it was not in her nature.

In the years that have gone past I can’t help but think of the fear and horror she must have felt later that night. I wish there was some sort of warning of the events that would unfold. There wasn’t. It was just a happy Friday night’s get together for a group of friends, just like others we had shared.

The night previous to Elizabeth’s disappearance two nurses disappeared after an evening spent at the TollHouse Hotel in Parramatta and I can’t help but wonder if this is more than coincidence.

Please, at 9pm on Friday night pause for a moment to think of Elizabeth. The family and friends she left behind would all like to help her find peace at last.

If anyone has any information regarding Elizabeth (no matter how insignificant it may seem to you) I urge you to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://the-riotact.com/?p=7728
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1604
Warning :
Elizabeth Herfort Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Elizabeth Herfort Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-03

Back to top Go down