Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend Empty Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend

Post  Susan Wed 10 Sep - 17:28

Don't read if you're a feeling a bit 'fragile' today it really is horrific.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1053802/Mother-boyfriend-killed-baby-boy-risk-register-months-abuse.html

What sort of world do we live in!

OK well I started to read that and I cannot finish it today or tomorrow either...and i'm not a fragile person but that would upset the hardest of hearts!

What i dont understand is why the authorities or anyone around the vicinity dont do anyting when they see these signs!!!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend Empty Re: Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend

Post  Susan Wed 10 Sep - 20:44

Well I dont believe they are all terrible...we have good doctors and we have bad ones...we have bad cops and good ones etc etc....that happens in every country....

But this is a helpless child here...and the ones who were neglecting him in this case was those social workers and they should be thrown out of their jobs and prosecuted for not seeing the signs!

btw...I know you'll do a good job cause you are passionate about this....some do it because its a monthly salary!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend Empty Re: Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend

Post  Susan Wed 12 Nov - 15:10

This made me totally sick yesterday....I was hoping no one would post about it!

I can honestly say that this child was so let down by so many people I am glad he died to save him from suffering one more day in his sad sorry little life! And all those people should be put in jail now!!!

Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend 389741

Sorry but cases like this really get to me and stay in my mind for a long time after....I just dont want to read it!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend Empty BABY DIED AFTER 17-MONTH HELL DAILY STAR 12/11/2008

Post  Guest Wed 12 Nov - 15:49

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/58267/Baby-died-after-17-month-hell/

BABY DIED AFTER 17-MONTH HELL
12th November 2008 By Gary Nicks
COMPUTER IMAGE OF CHILDS INJURIES

Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend 58267_10

THE death of a tot who was battered like a “punchbag” after a catalogue of errors brought calls for a public inquiry last night.

The 17-month-old boy died with 50 horrific injuries despite police, medics and social workers knowing he was at risk.

His evil mum, her sadistic boyfriend and their lodger were all convicted yesterday.

The Old Bailey heard how his spine had been snapped, his skull was covered in bite marks and fingertips were missing when he was found dead in his cot last August.

The tot, known as Baby P, was being monitored by Haringey Council, which was criticised over the death of Victoria Climbie, eight, in 2000. But the trio’s campaign of terror went unchecked.

Three people have been disciplined following a probe into the scandal.

The boy’s death prompted Children’s Minister Beverley Hughes to order a review into Britain’s child protection services.

He died despite being seen 60 times by medics, police and care workers.

The boy, of Tottenham, north London, had been on Haringey’s “at risk” register for nine months before his death.

His mum, who cannot be named, admitted causing or allowing him to die.

Her boyfriend, 32, who also cannot be named, and lodger Jason Owen, 36, of Bromley, Kent, were found guilty of the same offence, but were cleared of murder. They face up to 14 years in prison.

Their bullying was so extreme the baby would cower with his forehead on the floor, fearing another beating.

The mum, 27, who was described as a “slob”, was accused of hiding the abuse by covering her son’s bruises with chocolate.

Jurors were shown computer-generated images of Baby P’s injuries.

Dr Sabah Al-Zayyat, a paediatrician at Great Ormond Street Hospital, failed to notice he had a broken back and eight broken ribs 48 hours before he was found dead. Dr Al-Zayyat has not had her contract renewed but is appealing.

Det Supt Caroline Bates had recommended he be taken into care, but was over-ruled by social services.

Social worker Maria Ward, a second social worker and a lawyer have been warned by Haringey Council.

Sharon Shoesmith, chairman of Haringey Local Safeguarding Children Board, said: “All the signs were that we were dealing with a mother who had poor parenting skills. We can’t stop people who are determined to kill children.”

But Mor Dioum, director of the Victoria Climbie Foundation, called for a public inquiry, saying: “This is even worse than Climbie because all the signs were there.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 12 Nov - 15:56

What I can't understand here is 1. why the child wasnt taken off them if he was "at risk" and 2. Why the parents cant be named but the lodger can. These people should be named and shamed. not hidden and protected by the authorities. This sickens me to the bone Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend 371436 Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend 157799
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Wed 12 Nov - 18:13

All I saw yesterday was a head with bruises and then a T-shirt with stains....I read the first few lines and that was in....I was in tears!

Its weird cause now i'm a grandmother and have Rhianna...I just think how awful if it had happened to her...i know in my mind it wont but it gets your brain thinking nasty stuff like that....it used to happen to me when Alex was small too....I'd read parts in books where children around his age was suffering and i'd skip it....

Actually I cant explain it....it only ever happens to me when I read about old people too....
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Wed 12 Nov - 18:19

Oh shit not this again!

I'm merging the threads as eddie made one too!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Thu 13 Nov - 7:45

This is so heatbreaking.... I was listening to the MPs talking about the case yesterday. They were
expressing their anger and grief.
Its ok them talking the talk but for every little childs sake they need to do something NOW.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 13 Nov - 15:29

Baby P's mother 'had another child in prison' as she vows: 'I'll be out of jail by Christmas'

The mother of Baby P gave birth to another child while on remand over the toddler's death, it has been revealed.

The baby girl was born under police guard in March - seven months after Baby P died - and immediately taken into care. The mother is now fighting for access to the child.
The news comes as it was claimed that Baby P's mother bragged to friends that she will be home for Christmas.

As revulsion grew today at the torture and killing of the 17-month-old baby, the General Social Care Council (GSCC) launched an investigation into social workers who had previously handled the case.

The probe followed yesterday's call by Children's Secretary Ed Balls for an official investigation into the failings of social services.
The 27-year-old mother, her boyfriend and a lodger are to be sentenced next month for their involvement in the appalling death.
But a police source was quoted as saying: 'None of them appear to be worried or sorry about what happened to the baby.

'They all feel very sorry for themselves but have not shown any remorse at all. The mother thinks she will be home in time for Christmas.'

***************************************************************************************

MY GOD!!!!! Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend 371436 Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend 389741 What is going on here??? If she gets that baby back then I honestly give up.

Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend 87849 "HOME FOR CHRISTMAS" what sort of cuckoo land does that woman live in. as for the other baby, it should be given to a loving family and she should not be told where the child is. I hope she never sees the light of day again and if there is any justice in the world at all the judge will sentence her to at least 20 years for this, hopefully longer but we all have to be realistic.

Last edited by Antoinette on Wed 11 Aug - 12:18; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend Empty Council 'Sorry' Over Baby P Death

Post  Guest Thu 13 Nov - 15:41

Breaking News3:24pm UK, Thursday November 13, 2008

Haringey Council - under pressure over the death of a 17-month-old who was on the "at risk" register - has said it is "truly sorry" over the baby's death.

Baby P suffered more than 50 injuries

The toddler, known as Baby P, died in a blood-spattered cot in August last year after being subjected to horrific abuse.

His mother's 32-year-old boyfriend and another man, Jason Owen, 36, were convicted at the Old Bailey on Tuesday of causing or allowing his death.

The court heard how social workers, police and health professionals failed to save Baby P or prevent the abuse despite 60 visits over eight months.

During that time the boy suffered more than 50 injuries.

Haringey Councillor Liz Santry said: "We are truly sorry we did not do more to protect him."

She added that staff had gone through a "huge amount of anguish" since Baby P's death 15 months ago.

Toddler Abuse Case
* Boy suffered more than 50 injuries over eight months of abuse, during which he was seen 60 times by health or social workers.

* Child had been on the child protection register of Haringey social services.

* Two days before the toddler died in August last year, a doctor failed to spot his broken back or ribs.

* Case has been described as worse than that of Victoria Climbie.

In a statement posted on the council's website, Ms Santry said: "It is a matter of the deepest sorrow that Baby P died.

"Our priority has to be and has always been to safeguard children in our borough and as an authority we were all devastated by the death of this child."

Children's Secretary Ed Balls has ordered an investigation into the child welfare services of Haringey, in north London.

Ms Santry said the council welcomed the inquiry.

The review will be conducted jointly by Ofsted, the Commission for Healthcare Audit and Inspection and the Chief Inspector of Constabulary and will look at the role of all agencies involved in the case - the local authority, the health authority and the police.

It is our duty to take whatever action is needed to ensure that such a tragedy doesn't happen again, that lessons are learned and that children in Haringey are safe.

Children's Secretary Ed Balls

An initial report will be produced by December 1.

Read: Mr Balls' letter to HM Inspectorate of Constabulary

The Baby P case sparked angry exchanges in the House of Commons after Prime Minister Gordon Brown accused David Cameron of "playing party politics" with the child's death.

The Conservative leader repeatedly demanded Mr Brown withdraw his remarks during Prime Minister's Questions.

The furious row erupted after Mr Cameron denounced the internal inquiry commissioned by Haringey council into the child's death as "completely unacceptable".

Baby P's death took place in the same borough where eight-year-old Victoria Climbie was tortured to death in 2000 by her aunt and her aunt's boyfriend.

Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend Article-1084785-02706B41000005DC-734_468x784

I just cannot believe this. Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend 389741

Last edited by Antoinette on Wed 11 Aug - 12:20; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Thu 13 Nov - 19:46

NO words.....
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Thu 13 Nov - 19:51

Krisy22 wrote:This is so heatbreaking.... I was listening to the MPs talking about the case yesterday. They were
expressing their anger and grief.
Its ok them talking the talk but for every little childs sake they need to do something NOW.

Why did they express anger now? Why not when it happened around 18 months ago? Is it cause its no longer kept quiet?

This makes me sick!!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 14 Nov - 9:40

They didnt need case files. The child was battered and bruised, his earlobe was hanging off, he had no fingernails. WHat more evidence did they need. This case is really boiling my blood. Those parents and the social workers should all be locked up. Shame on them. What pi***s me off though if there was a parent who doesnt abuse their child and the child is brought into hospital and they have even one bruise, the parents are asked where did the child get the bruise. If they can notice a small bruise on a child who innocently got it from falling they can definitely notice a child that is black and blue.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Fri 14 Nov - 20:48

Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend 15151867

Look at that little face!!!!!!!!!

I just cant believe this story!!!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Fri 14 Nov - 21:04

The first pictures of Baby P, the 17-month-old toddler whose violent death has shocked the country and sparked a debate about child welfare, can now be shown.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, died in a blood-spattered cot in Haringey, north London, in August last year.

He had spent much of his short life being treated as a punchbag, suffering more than 50 injuries.

His mother's 32-year-old boyfriend and another man, Jason Owen, 36, were convicted at the Old Bailey on Tuesday of causing or allowing his death. The baby's mother had previously pleaded guilty to the same charge.

Judge Stephen Kramer has warned all three they can expect "a substantial term of imprisonment" when they are sentenced on December 15.

Baby P's natural father has spoken of his "very traumatic" experiences after the death of his son, adding: "I loved him deeply."

Speaking publicly for the first time, the man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, condemned the three people convicted of involvement in his son's death.

He said in a statement: "Those who systematically tortured P and killed him kept it a secret, not just from me but from all the people who visited the house up until P's death.

"Even after he died, they lied to cover up their abuse."

Baby P's mother and boyfriend can also not be named for legal reasons.

Gordon Brown has promised he will "do everything in my power" to ensure there is no repeat of the brutal death of Baby P.

The Prime Minister's comments came after it emerged that social care inspectors raised concerns with Haringey Council six months before the 17-month-old baby died.

Mr Brown said:"I am determined that everything we do, the inquiries we are having in this case, reveal everything that went on.

"But I am absolutely sure that, like me, every parent in the country is outraged and shocked by what has happened and angered about what happened to that infant."

Tory leader David Cameron said: "This is an absolutely tragic case of a baby who seems almost literally to have fallen through the cracks of a bureaucratic system.

"If letters are sent with both Haringey and children in the same sentence, then that should have been a real wake up call. It seems that what may have happened is that bureaucratic changes in how inspections are carried out didn't help.

"And it also seems that everyone is saying that procedures were followed rather than actually asking who was responsible and why didn't they act."

A review by Ofsted and the Commission for Social Care Inspection (CSCI) highlighted a series of "issues for improvement" at the London authority's social services division.

In a statement, the CSCI said: "These issues were raised with the council. Haringey was told to resolve these issues as soon as possible."

The inspectorate said it was acting on a whistleblower's concerns about the council's failure to act on sexual abuse allegations.

But it said it had been satisfied that Haringey had "dealt properly" with the individual case.

Properly???????????????????????????
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Fri 14 Nov - 21:05

Earlier, the lawyer for whistleblower Nevres Kemal said Baby P's harrowing death might have been avoided if Government officials had taken action sooner.

Lawrence Davies told Sky News that a letter from his client to the then Secretary of State Patricia Hewitt had gone "full circle and been passed from pillar to post".

Mr Davies earlier revealed he had written on Ms Kemal's behalf to the Government six months before Baby P died, setting out her concerns over Haringey's failing child protection procedures.

There is an injunction in place at present that prevents Ms Kemal from speaking publicly about the claims.

The letter warned that child protection procedures were not being acted upon following the murder of Victoria Climbie in 2000.

The letter, written in February last year, claimed child abusers were "not being tackled", "sexual abuse had been ongoing for months and the new management brought in post-Climbie had not acted".

Downing Street insists the correct procedures had been followed concerning the whistleblower's claims.

"It is right that complaints should be directed to the Commission for Social Care Inspection to take appropriate action," it said.

Haringey has apologised for not doing more to protect Baby P.

Social workers failed to raise the alarm despite 60 visits from the authorities during eight months of abuse and neglect in which he suffered more than 50 injuries.
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend Empty Text Of Whistleblower Letter

Post  Susan Fri 14 Nov - 21:09

12:10pm UK, Friday November 14, 2008

This is the text of the letter written by lawyers acting on behalf of the Haringey social worker, 'whistleblower' Nevres Kamal, setting out her concerns about the council's social services division.

Ms P Hewitt MP
Secretary of State for the Department of Health
House of Commons
London
SW1A 0AA

Our ref: LD/Kemal
Your ref:

Strictly Private and Confidential

16 February 2007

Dear Secretary of State
Ms Nevres Kemal v Haringey Council

We act for the above-named Claimant. She worked as a senior social worker at Haringey Council and discovered that child abuse victims were not being protected. Haringey of course is the home of the Climbie tragedy.

Our client's claims follow similar recent revelations in Westminster and Leeds. Statutory child protection procedures are not being followed. Child sex abusers are not being tackled.

Our client whistle-blew the fact that the sexual abuse had been ongoing for months and the new management brought in post-Climbie had not acted. She was then targeted for a witch-hunt by management who sought to dismiss her. She received a final written warning and was transferred out of child protection.

Our client won her racial discrimination and whistle-blowing claims (copy attached) at Watford ET on 15 February 2007 (copy decision attached).

We write to ask for a public inquiry into these matters.

Yours sincerely,

Equal Justice Ltd

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Baby-P-Text-Of-Whistleblower-Hevres-Kemals-Letter-To-Ministers/Article/200811215151534?lid=ARTICLE_15151534_BabyP:TextOfWhistleblowerHevresKemalsLetterToMinisters&lpos=searchresults34_BabyP:TextOfWhistleblowerHevresKemalsLetterToMinisters&lpos=searchresults
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 14 Nov - 21:53

Ambersuz wrote:Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend 15151867

Look at that little face!!!!!!!!!

I just cant believe this story!!!

How could they harm such a beautiful little boy. its heartbreaking Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend 389741 Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend 389741 Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend 389741
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Fri 14 Nov - 21:55

Even there he has a swollen lip and sore on his nose and a cut on his eye! Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend 389741
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sat 15 Nov - 12:06

I've seen photos in the past of children ripped apart after a pedophile gang had their sick way with them and although I thought that was the most awful thing i've ever seen or would ever see I cannot look at this little baby and not think of my grandaughter!

I cant imagine anyone shouting at her...let alone go through what this little child has been through by people who should have loved him!!!

Pedophiles drug children so they dont shout out while being abused but this poor little soul suffered every single blow and was conscience of every single one throughout his sad sorry short innocent life!

Did no neighbours hear the screams?????

Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sat 15 Nov - 12:17

poinksy wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1788842.ece

This link will tell you the whole story....WARNING....it is horrific.

I really dont want to know right at this moment.....I've just been reading about Baby P and seen a few other links...and this is killing me...I know it shouldnt be avoided but i'm thinking about this day and night now!!

Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend Empty petition for Baby p

Post  Guest Mon 17 Nov - 16:06

As i cannot sign any of the petitions for Baby P because I do not live in the Uk. I have set up a petition myself that I will send onto the Uk GOvernment should i get enough signatures on it. If everyone here can sign the petition for me to get it started off it would be fantastic.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/justiceforlittlebabyp/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Mon 17 Nov - 20:15

Antoinette wrote:As i cannot sign any of the petitions for Baby P because I do not live in the Uk. I have set up a petition myself that I will send onto the Uk GOvernment should i get enough signatures on it. If everyone here can sign the petition for me to get it started off it would be fantastic.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/justiceforlittlebabyp/

Antoinette I sign all the petitions as an expat....

Anyways i've signed yours but I'll start a new thread for it so its easily seen and doesnt get lost here!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Pabby Fri 21 Nov - 9:52

This is such a tragic case. I find it so difficult to read the details I really do - I just keep choking up thinking about it. The bastards that did this should never see the light of day Baby P..............killed by mother and boyfriend 389741
Pabby
Pabby
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 722
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 11 Aug - 12:23

November 13, 2008 04:25am

BRITISH Prime Minister Gordon Brown voiced outrage today at the brutal abuse of a baby boy and a local authority's failure to spot his fatal ordeal, as the case escalated into a political row.

The child - identified only as Baby P - was 17 months old when he died in a blood-spattered cot in August last year, having spent much of his life being used as a punchbag.

Social workers, police and health professionals failed to save him despite 60 visits over eight months, during which he suffered more than 50 injuries.

The local authority - Haringey Council in north London - is the same one that failed to stop the death of eight-year-old Ivorian Victoria Climbie, a child abuse case that similarly shocked Britain in 2000.

"I believe I speak for the whole country that people are not only shocked and saddened but horrified and angered," Mr Brown said in stormy exchanges with opposition leader David Cameron in his weekly parliamentary grilling.

"This tragedy that has arisen because of violence and torture of a young child, where three have already been found guilty, raises serious questions that we have to address."

An urgent, nationwide review of child protection services has been ordered.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next