Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthew oldfield mentions broken shutters

+4
jozi
fred
Annabel
Badboy
8 posters

Go down

Matthew oldfield mentions broken shutters Empty Matthew oldfield mentions broken shutters

Post  Badboy Sun 13 Nov - 23:27

IT APPEARS MATTHEW OLDFIELD MENTIONS A BROKEN SHUTTER IN HIS ACCOMMODATION'S LOUNGE.
ITS IN HIS ROGATERY(SP?) INTERVIEW.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
Matthew oldfield mentions broken shutters Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Matthew oldfield mentions broken shutters Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Matthew oldfield mentions broken shutters Empty Re: Matthew oldfield mentions broken shutters

Post  ann_chovey Mon 14 Nov - 8:11

Badboy wrote:IT APPEARS MATTHEW OLDFIELD MENTIONS A BROKEN SHUTTER IN HIS ACCOMMODATION'S LOUNGE.

Why yes indeed he does BB.......

“Is there anything that you can think of, worthy of mention, up until the Wednesday night before we move onto the Thursday?”
Reply “Erm, no, my initial thought is there’s nothing that’s leapt out that I haven’t mentioned before. Erm, I mean, there was no sort of strange people or anything unusual with the, with the flat. Some people had, I mean, gardeners came round to trim the gardens once or twice, or maybe just once a week, I mean, because we were there for three weeks, maybe they came round slightly more. Erm, somebody had workmen in maybe during, the shutter we broke, the shutter, erm, broke for, the outside shutter by the patio door broke for us on the first day, I think it went back up into its, so you couldn’t actually drop it on the outside, the shutter by the patio, but we didn’t drop that anyway, erm, until we got in at night, but I think it broke and it had to be, and I think they did come, yes, they did come and repair it. But apart from that there wasn’t really anybody else (inaudible)”.
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :
Matthew oldfield mentions broken shutters Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Matthew oldfield mentions broken shutters Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Matthew oldfield mentions broken shutters Empty Re: Matthew oldfield mentions broken shutters

Post  Annabel Mon 14 Nov - 8:36

More about the broken shutters here:

“But family friend Jill Renwick told GMTV the McCanns were certain that Madeleine has been abducted. "They were just watching the hotel room and going back every half-hour and the shutters had been broken open and they had gone into the room and taken Madeleine," she said.”

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2009/12/broken-shutters-persistent-campaign-of.html
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 14 Nov - 9:00

If you break or try to jemmy the shutters, the whole lot crash down and leave a gap about 3 inches or so at the top, you then have to buy a new pulley and re-thread them or get someone in to do it if you aren't DIY handy. A journo could have verified that in a few minutes and told the Mccanns they were talking shite.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Mon 14 Nov - 9:20

fred wrote:If you break or try to jemmy the shutters, the whole lot crash down and leave a gap about 3 inches or so at the top, you then have to buy a new pulley and re-thread them or get someone in to do it if you aren't DIY handy. A journo could have verified that in a few minutes and told the Mccanns they were talking shite.

True. They are an unfortunate bunch with their shutters, both the McCs and the Oldfields. I don't remember Rachel mentioning this .
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 14 Nov - 10:13

but we didn’t drop that anyway, erm, until we got in at night,

So the Oldfields left their patio shutters open until they got in at night? Was this so they too could enter their apartment during dinner via their patio door? and if so, does that mean it would have been left unlocked, since it can only be locked from the inside? I'll bet they claimed in their interviews that they locked their apartment fully each night before they went out.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Mon 14 Nov - 11:11

Wintabells wrote:but we didn’t drop that anyway, erm, until we got in at night,

So the Oldfields left their patio shutters open until they got in at night? Was this so they too could enter their apartment during dinner via their patio door? and if so, does that mean it would have been left unlocked, since it can only be locked from the inside? I'll bet they claimed in their interviews that they locked their apartment fully each night before they went out.

Rachael: And when G***e was in the apartment, would you leave any access insecure”?
Reply “No, the patio doors were locked and the front door was double locked yeah”.
1578 “Okay”.
Reply “I mean you know, it wasn’t ‘til, I mean we hadn’t checked whether the windows were locked or anything, you know it wasn’t ‘til, until Madeleine disappeared that we actually checked that the windows were locked cos I know which you know we should have done I suppose but”.
1578 “What do you mean by locked”?
Reply “Well locked from the inside cos you”.
1578 “Locked or lockable”?
Reply “Well locked, I mean we, you kind of assumed that they were cos the shutters were down and erm, then we left the shutters down the whole time, we didn’t bother to open them, erm not even in the day, erm”.

ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jozi Mon 14 Nov - 11:30

ann_chovey wrote:
Badboy wrote:IT APPEARS MATTHEW OLDFIELD MENTIONS A BROKEN SHUTTER IN HIS ACCOMMODATION'S LOUNGE.

“Is there anything that you can think of, worthy of mention, up until the Wednesday night before we move onto the Thursday?”
Reply “Erm, no, my initial thought is there’s nothing that’s leapt out that I haven’t mentioned before. Erm, I mean, there was no sort of strange people or anything unusual with the, with the flat. Some people had, I mean, gardeners came round to trim the gardens once or twice, or maybe just once a week, I mean, because we were there for three weeks, maybe they came round slightly more. Erm, somebody had workmen in maybe during, the shutter we broke, the shutter, erm, broke for, the outside shutter by the patio door broke for us on the first day, I think it went back up into its, so you couldn’t actually drop it on the outside, the shutter by the patio, but we didn’t drop that anyway, erm, until we got in at night, but I think it broke and it had to be, and I think they did come, yes, they did come and repair it. But apart from that there wasn’t really anybody else (inaudible)”.
I mean, gardeners came round to trim the gardens once or twice, or maybe just once a week, I mean, because we were there for three weeks,

I didn't know they were there for three weeks ?
jozi
jozi

Number of posts : 49
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Mon 14 Nov - 12:35

ann_chovey wrote:

I didn't realise that they were there for 3 weeks either. Anyway, can someone please translate this garbage. It doesn't make one iota of sense. If they broke the shutters then they were a very careless lot. Not only do they lose a child but they break the shutters.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 14 Nov - 13:26

ann_chovey wrote:

Rachael: And when G***e was in the apartment, would you leave any access insecure”?
Reply “No, the patio doors were locked and the front door was double locked yeah”.
1578 “Okay”.
Reply “I mean you know, it wasn’t ‘til, I mean we hadn’t checked whether the windows were locked or anything, you know it wasn’t ‘til, until Madeleine disappeared that we actually checked that the windows were locked cos I know which you know we should have done I suppose but”.
Reply “Well locked, I mean we, you kind of assumed that they were cos the shutters were down and erm, then we left the shutters down the whole time, we didn’t bother to open them, erm not even in the day, erm”.

Many thanks, Ann_chovey. You're amazing.

So. They locked the patio doors and the front door, but didn't check the windows were 'locked from the inside' [I hadn't realised you could lock windows from the outside??] until after Madeleine disappeared, what with the shutters being down... yet, despite never lifting the window shutters, they kept the patio shutters up the whole day long until they got in at night. So, shutters down implies locked for the Oldfields, apart from the patio doors... which were 'locked' with the shutters up.

what a load of bollox.

I wonder if the windows were in fact lockable? is it possible they weren't and the interviewed knew this?
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 14 Nov - 13:28

Keela wrote:I didn't realise that they were there for 3 weeks either. Anyway, can someone please translate this garbage. It doesn't make one iota of sense. If they broke the shutters then they were a very careless lot. Not only do they lose a child but they break the shutters.

I think they must have stayed an extra fortnight after the 'abduction' along with the Paynes. (I didn't realise this either). The Oldfields didn't lose a child, though, they just broke their shutters, as did the McCanns... oh and wait, so did the 'abductor'.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Mon 14 Nov - 14:01

Wintabells wrote:
Keela wrote:I didn't realise that they were there for 3 weeks either. Anyway, can someone please translate this garbage. It doesn't make one iota of sense. If they broke the shutters then they were a very careless lot. Not only do they lose a child but they break the shutters.

I think they must have stayed an extra fortnight after the 'abduction' along with the Paynes. (I didn't realise this either). The Oldfields didn't lose a child, though, they just broke their shutters, as did the McCanns... oh and wait, so did the 'abductor'.

I didn't mean that the Oldfields had lost a child. I meant that the group collectively did and the breaking of shutters was not restricted to our friends the McCanns.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Mon 14 Nov - 14:03

Wintabells wrote:
ann_chovey wrote:

1578 “Okay”.

Many thanks, Ann_chovey. You're amazing.

So. They locked the patio doors and the front door, but didn't check the windows were 'locked from the inside' [I hadn't realised you could lock windows from the outside??] until after Madeleine disappeared, what with the shutters being down... yet, despite never lifting the window shutters, they kept the patio shutters up the whole day long until they got in at night. So, shutters down implies locked for the Oldfields, apart from the patio doors... which were 'locked' with the shutters up.

what a load of bollox.

I wonder if the windows were in fact lockable? is it possible they weren't and the interviewed knew this?

Rachael again......

erm so one of the, our theories for why the window and the shutters were open, were that you know, they came in that way and then but that would mean obviously that the window would have had to have been unlocked, you know either all week, or sometime during the day you know, that’s kind of a bit of a risky thing to do because actually you know, if, if they had been checked before the children went to bed and you know Gerry and Kate had found the window unlocked, then they would have locked it and then that would have kind of scuppered anyone’s plans for coming in that way”.
1578 “The locking mechanism on the window, was that key operated, or just manually”?

Reply “No I think it was just like a little catch that sort of went, it was a sliding window erm, there might have been a button on the handle, erm yeah it might have been a button on the, on the handle and the window slid back”.

00.33.51 1578 “Okay
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 14 Nov - 16:36

Keela wrote:I didn't mean that the Oldfields had lost a child. I meant that the group collectively did and the breaking of shutters was not restricted to our friends the McCanns.

Completely understand your post now, yes, sorry. Yes. And the presence of suspicious residue wasn't restricted to our friends either...what with the vomit in the O'Brien's shower/washing machine and diaorrea in the Oldfield's bath...
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Mon 14 Nov - 16:43

Wintabells wrote:
Keela wrote:I didn't mean that the Oldfields had lost a child. I meant that the group collectively did and the breaking of shutters was not restricted to our friends the McCanns.

Completely understand your post now, yes, sorry. Yes. And the presence of suspicious residue wasn't restricted to our friends either...what with the vomit in the O'Brien's shower/washing machine and diaorrea in the Oldfield's bath...

Hi Wintabells, was the bath and the washing machine examined, and drains?
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 14 Nov - 16:45

Rachael again......

erm so one of the, our theories for why the window and the shutters were open, were that you know, they came in that way and then but that would mean obviously that the window would have had to have been unlocked, you know either all week, or sometime during the day you know, that’s kind of a bit of a risky thing to do because actually you know, if, if they had been checked before the children went to bed and you know Gerry and Kate had found the window unlocked, then they would have locked it and then that would have kind of scuppered anyone’s plans for coming in that way”.
1578 “The locking mechanism on the window, was that key operated, or just manually”?

Reply “No I think it was just like a little catch that sort of went, it was a sliding window erm, there might have been a button on the handle, erm yeah it might have been a button on the, on the handle and the window slid back”.

00.33.51 1578 “Okay

Thanks, again, Ann_chovey.

A very detailed response there from Rachel isn't it? So they discussed afterwards how the abductor would have required for the window lock to be left open in order to gain access via the window (their theory) ...which would have required that Kate/Gerry had left the window unlocked... yet it's not clear whether the obvious question was asked during the discussions, ie. 'Did you leave the window unlocked Kate/Gerry?'

Almost makes me wonder whether this scenario was discussed after Madeleine's disappearance or before.

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 14 Nov - 16:50

Bobsy wrote:
Wintabells wrote:

Hi Bobsy

I have no idea, but much was made in their interviews about the need to rinse diaorrhea off the nappies in the Oldfields apartment and the vomit in O'Brien's, wasn't it? Just seems significant to me, along with the sheet and the sea bass. I'm wondering if vomit and diaorrhea (sorry if spelling's wrong) contain stuff which might be useful if they needed a defence against the reactions of the specialist dogs if necessary.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Mon 14 Nov - 17:00

Wintabells wrote:
Bobsy wrote:
Wintabells wrote:

Hi Bobsy

I have no idea, but much was made in their interviews about the need to rinse diaorrhea off the nappies in the Oldfields apartment and the vomit in O'Brien's, wasn't it? Just seems significant to me, along with the sheet and the sea bass. I'm wondering if vomit and diaorrhea (sorry if spelling's wrong) contain stuff which might be useful if they needed a defence against the reactions of the specialist dogs if necessary.

In my opinion no way was Oldields baby in terry towel nappies that would require sleucing, she would be in disposable surely? They did say though that every morning they had to bathe her as she was very soiled from a night of diarrhoea, poor little thing.
And yes there was much vomitting. Re the reactions of the dogs. Need to check if cadaverine is present in V and D Matthew oldfield mentions broken shutters 29204
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 14 Nov - 17:35

Bobsy wrote: In my opinion no way was Oldields baby in terry towel nappies that would require sleucing, she would be in disposable surely? They did say though that every morning they had to bathe her as she was very soiled from a night of diarrhoea, poor little thing.
And yes there was much vomitting. Re the reactions of the dogs. Need to check if cadaverine is present in V and D Matthew oldfield mentions broken shutters 29204

You're right, I don't think it was about sleucing the stuff off the nappies (or maybe it was, I really can't remember - these people could have been terry-towelling types, you never know) but certainly they claim to have bathed their child in the mornings to remove the mess.

I've tried to discover whether cadaverine is present in V&D and have got very confused, but it seems to be present in small quanties in living beings. Cadaverine is the decarboxylation product of the amino acid lysine. However, this diamine is not purely associated with putrefaction. It is also produced in small quantities by living beings. It is partially responsible for the distinctive odors of urine and semen. (Wiki)

I cannot find any simple statement that confirms whether or not D&V contains cadaverine, but cadaverine does seem to be present in saliva (and too much can cause bad breath, for example) so I can't imagine it wouldn't be present in some forms of V anyway.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down