Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip off anyone?

+14
Oldartform
Angelina
pennylane
marxman
duncanmac
kitti
Lioned
Keela
interested
AnnaEsse
Lillyofthevalley
margaret
dutchclogs
mara thon
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tip off anyone? Empty Tip off anyone?

Post  marxman Wed 7 Dec - 10:02

Taking into consideration the economic climate, as a backdrop
to Cameron instigating the review/investigation, plus a serious
scrutiny of the Met's use of resources etc
Why would SY travel to Spain? Why the 23rd Nov?
A possible cause that may justify such extravagence (and not
being a diversion) is, and could be, an old fashioned tip-off!
Someone may have spilled the beans. This may also explain
the timing as being the 23rd Nov, the same time that the
two doctors were being distracted by the Levenson enquiry!
I think its looking that way. I hope so.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :
Tip off anyone? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tip off anyone? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Tip off anyone? Empty Re: Tip off anyone?

Post  margaret Wed 7 Dec - 10:43

Well there was talk of a tapas member 'turning' before and l'm inclined to believe it was true, since none of those headlines have been categorically PROVED as false yet. If there was any wrongdoing (and Eddie and Keela say there was) that must be a heavy burden to carry.

I was thinking last night and l'm glad you posted this.... the Met are playing the Mcs at their own game, whilst the Mcs were consumed with the Leveson inquiry the Met were looking in the other direction, perfect! And poor Clarrie didn't get wind of it until this week either.

I don't think things are going their way at all. Tip off anyone? 294124 Why would 30 detectives be reviewing everything if you wanted a whitewash? Does anyone seriously think all 30 detectives beleive their story?
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Wed 7 Dec - 10:46

margaret wrote:Well there was talk of a tapas member 'turning' before and l'm inclined to believe it was true, since none of those headlines have been categorically PROVED as false yet. If there was any wrongdoing (and Eddie and Keela say there was) that must be a heavy burden to carry.

I was thinking last night and l'm glad you posted this.... the Met are playing the Mcs at their own game, whilst the Mcs were consumed with the Leveson inquiry the Met were looking in the other direction, perfect! And poor Clarrie didn't get wind of it until this week either.

I don't think things are going their way at all. Tip off anyone? 294124 Why would 30 detectives be reviewing everything if you wanted a whitewash? Does anyone seriously think all 30 detectives beleive their story?

They might not believe their story but without proof they are helpless, just like the PJ. Even if they did/do have suspicions, Pt want credible new proof to re-open the case. Unless someone is willing to spill the beans, assuming there are some to spill, I still think this will all come to nothing.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Wed 7 Dec - 12:28

margaret wrote: Does anyone seriously think all 30 detectives beleive their story?

For ages I`ve felt certain that most coppers do not believe the McCanns. Cops have suspicious enquiring minds , they ain`t daft and cannot be conned easily. It must be so obvious to them that the McCanns version of events doesn`t pan out. There must be hundreds of detectives determined to see justice being done and even if they have been instructed to do a whitewash, there must be hundreds of them baulking every time they see the McCanns in the press.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Wed 7 Dec - 12:41

quote.............
Does anyone seriously think all 30 detectives beleive their story? unquote......

I know a few policemen who do not believe the Mccann stories, including one from Leicester and one in the Met, but I am told whether they believe or don't believe they have to do as they are told !
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 7 Dec - 12:42

Oldartform wrote:
margaret wrote: Does anyone seriously think all 30 detectives beleive their story?

For ages I`ve felt certain that most coppers do not believe the McCanns. Cops have suspicious enquiring minds , they ain`t daft and cannot be conned easily. It must be so obvious to them that the McCanns version of events doesn`t pan out. There must be hundreds of detectives determined to see justice being done and even if they have been instructed to do a whitewash, there must be hundreds of them baulking every time they see the McCanns in the press.

Trouble is with the Leveson inquiry we can see that even previous whitewashes still surface and have to be dealt with.

I'm not so sure the Met will be inclined to whitewash this and hope for the best.

What if Maddies body is found one day and evidence can be obtained which leads directly to the Mcs how are the Met going to look then? I don't think 'well would you believe it, it was them along!' is going to wash, there are too many circumstantial and statement contradictions already.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 7 Dec - 12:49

Angelina wrote:
margaret wrote:Well there was talk of a tapas member 'turning' before and l'm inclined to believe it was true, since none of those headlines have been categorically PROVED as false yet. If there was any wrongdoing (and Eddie and Keela say there was) that must be a heavy burden to carry.

They might not believe their story but without proof they are helpless, just like the PJ. Even if they did/do have suspicions, Pt want credible new proof to re-open the case. Unless someone is willing to spill the beans, assuming there are some to spill, I still think this will all come to nothing.

Hello Angelina there is still enough evidence to convict the McCanns, even if it is only for neglecting their children, which is a crime in Portugal. The crime was made more serious because the McCanns said Madeleine disappeared while they were out. Goncalo Amaral said they made a mistake, when they didn't arrest the McCanns immediately they told the police that they were out when Madeleine disappeared. We all know why the McCanns weren't arrested and convicted back in 2007, this was thanks to at least one member of the British Government, colluding with at least one member of the Portuguese Government. So Dr Amaral and his men may have made a mistake, but Gordon Brown was on the scene within hours of Madeleine's disappearance and the wheels to keep the McCanns out of jail were already in motion.

The McCanns have never been to court and there is no reason now, why they still can't be arrested and charged with the offences they have already admitted to the PJ.

To be honest I thought that once Scotland Yard had begun to review this case, the McCanns would have faced these charges. Once the McCanns were safely locked up, S.Y. and the P.J. could have still looked for more evidence that would have lead to the McCanns facing more charges.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Wed 7 Dec - 13:29

Remember if the case had come before the CPS in UK then the 15 out of 19 markers would have meant that the McCanns could have been tried for manslaughter or at least removal of a body. Adrian Prout was found guilty on less evidence than the McCanns seem to have against them. Eddie the star dog worked in both cases find cadaver scent behind the sofa.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Wed 7 Dec - 13:31

[quote="margaret"]Well there was talk of a tapas member 'turning' before and l'm inclined to believe it was true, since none of those headlines have been categorically PROVED as false yet. If there was any wrongdoing (and Eddie and Keela say there was) that must be a heavy burden to carry.

I don't think things are going their way at all. Tip off anyone? 294124 Why would 30 detectives be reviewing everything if you wanted a whitewash? Does anyone seriously think all 30 detectives beleive their story?[/quote]

Margret excellant post!!Tip off anyone? 307691 Tip off anyone? 307691

If the Government where helping them, this would have been put to bed along time ago, Gerry and Kate wouldn't have been slagging the UK Government off, they would have been told to shut up stay quiet and keep your heads down, but NO they have been acting foe the last 3years atleast like two people that have their backs to the wall......this review is certainly not going their way at all, now I understand why these two looked so bl**dy shell shock at the Levison Inquiry, they both looked like they hadn't slept for a week.....now I understand why!!!
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Wed 7 Dec - 13:31

May I ask any of our legal friends if it is possible for a trial in the UK without the body, rather than PT law that requires the body ?
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Wed 7 Dec - 13:34

Some of these detectives are close to retirement. There will be some looking to make a name for themselves as a final swan song. Imagine being known forever as the detective who brought justice for this little girl.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Wed 7 Dec - 13:51

kathybelle wrote:
Angelina wrote:

Hello Angelina there is still enough evidence to convict the McCanns, even if it is only for neglecting their children, which is a crime in Portugal. The crime was made more serious because the McCanns said Madeleine disappeared while they were out. Goncalo Amaral said they made a mistake, when they didn't arrest the McCanns immediately they told the police that they were out when Madeleine disappeared. We all know why the McCanns weren't arrested and convicted back in 2007, this was thanks to at least one member of the British Government, colluding with at least one member of the Portuguese Government. So Dr Amaral and his men may have made a mistake, but Gordon Brown was on the scene within hours of Madeleine's disappearance and the wheels to keep the McCanns out of jail were already in motion.

The McCanns have never been to court and there is no reason now, why they still can't be arrested and charged with the offences they have already admitted to the PJ.

To be honest I thought that once Scotland Yard had begun to review this case, the McCanns would have faced these charges. Once the McCanns were safely locked up, S.Y. and the P.J. could have still looked for more evidence that would have lead to the McCanns facing more charges.

Hi Kathybelle,

I never did understand why they were allowed to get away with leaving those children alone. Such a pity that they seem not to have been suspects from the start, which is surely what happens in cases in the UK.

I agree, if evidence does actually exist, then there is no reason why they could still not be charged. The big question (for me anyway) is does enough concrete evidence actually exist.

On the other hand, if it is all down to political intervention then something would have to come along to change that and I'm sure those involved in that sort of cover up would do all they could to prevent it coming out into the open.

I had hoped that SY would start by questioning all the T9 right from the start but that is obviously not going to happen.

Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 7 Dec - 13:53

duncanmac wrote:Some of these detectives are close to retirement. There will be some looking to make a name for themselves as a final swan song. Imagine being known forever as the detective who brought justice for this little girl.

I would imagine being close to retirement and awaiting ones pension, is not the time most coppers are willing to go against the grain or start rocking the boat... and that may well be at the root of their selection.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Wed 7 Dec - 14:12

duncanmac wrote:Some of these detectives are close to retirement. There will be some looking to make a name for themselves as a final swan song. Imagine being known forever as the detective who brought justice for this little girl.

Oh I do hope so duncanmac Tip off anyone? 377521 And put the McCanns & co in Tip off anyone? 302722 Tip off anyone? 302722 Tip off anyone? 302722 Tip off anyone? 302722 where they all belong.
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 7 Dec - 14:17

[quote="Lillyofthevalley"]

I don't think things are going their way at all. Tip off anyone? 294124 Why would 30 detectives be reviewing everything if you wanted a whitewash? Does anyone seriously think all 30 detectives beleive their story?[/quote]

Margret excellant post!!Tip off anyone? 307691 Tip off anyone? 307691

If the Government where helping them, this would have been put to bed along time ago, Gerry and Kate wouldn't have been slagging the UK Government off, they would have been told to shut up stay quiet and keep your heads down, but NO they have been acting foe the last 3years atleast like two people that have their backs to the wall......this review is certainly not going their way at all, now I understand why these two looked so bl**dy shell shock at the Levison Inquiry, they both looked like they hadn't slept for a week.....now I understand why!!!

Goncalo Amaral and a senior Portuguese police officer, both said that the British Government intervened when the PJ wanted to bring charges against the McCanns. Gerry McCann said that Gordon Brown had given them his personal telephone number and they could contact him anytime day or night.It was after the McCanns were made arguidos that Gordon Brown distanced himself from the McCanns and that is when they started slagging the British Government off. Maybe he was told to distance himself from the McCanns, because Clarence Mitchell said the McCanns were very upset that he was not returning their calls.

The McCanns may well have been told to keep their heads down etc. but the McCanns aren't known for their common sense. They have said so many things to the media that have incriminated them. If they had any sense, they wouldn't have told the media that they never physically searched for Madeleine. They wouldn't have told the media that Madeleine told them she and Sean cried while they were out and they went out again that very night and once again left their children unsupervised.

If the McCanns had any sense, they wouldn't have told the media that Gordon Brown had given them his own personal telephone number and they could call him day or night. I wonder how Ben Needham's mum felt when she saw how much help the McCanns were getting from the British Government, when she had no help at all. The same goes for all the other mums and dads of missing children, who have been left high and dry, while the McCanns who are 100% responsible for whatever happened to Madeleine and who broke the law by their actions, have been protected for the past 4½yrs because of their connections, within the British Government and the British police.

I agree with you the pair of them do look awful and I think it is because they no longer have the connections within the British Government and the British Police. In my opinion, the McCanns were not pleased when David Cameron told the "Met" to conduct the review, they were hoping he would conduct the review. They gave a press conference and Gerry read out the letter he sent to David Cameron. He then said "He (meaning David Cameron" knows what it's like to lose a child.

I can only imagine how the Camerons felt, when Gerry made that reference to their son Ivor. Ivor had passed away because of complications due to his disability. He was not dumped like the McCanns children were. It was shortly after Gerry's statement, that Mr Cameron said that the "Met" would be conducting the review. Gerry made another statement and while I can't remember his exact words, he implied that they only partially got what they asked for.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 7 Dec - 14:31

duncanmac wrote:May I ask any of our legal friends if it is possible for a trial in the UK without the body, rather than PT law that requires the body ?

Yes. Remember Adrian Prout in the news recently? He was found GUITY OF MURDER without his wifes Kates body.

He recently demanded a lie detector test, failed it and then admitted he'd murdered his wife before being taken to a farm and showing detectives where he buried her.

Her body was later found just where he said.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/11/24/kate-prout-murder-human-remains-found-at-farm-after-husband-adrian-prout-confesses-to-killing-115875-23585620/
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Wed 7 Dec - 14:39

I would like to agree with you duncanmac, but Im sorry I cant if they are near retirement I dont think they will be bothered , it will just be another job befor they can get the hell out of there.......

Hope Im wrong on this I really do.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Wed 7 Dec - 15:15

[quote="kathybelle
Gerry read out the letter he sent to David Cameron. He then said "He (meaning David Cameron" knows what it's like to lose a child.

I can only imagine how the Camerons felt, when Gerry made that reference to their son Ivor. [/quote]

I can`t imagine DC taking kindly to being emotionally blackmailed - that was a real cheap and nasty shot. Just hope he got DC`s rancour up and the result is the MET being brought in and it is not going to be a cover-up jobbie.

They say you should always be very careful what you ask for.

Someone else said they didn`t think the government were protecting the McCanns anymore and I agree, but I still think GM has got dirt on someone very high profile for them to have got away with so much for so long.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 7 Dec - 15:59

Oldartform wrote:[quote="kathybelle
Gerry read out the letter he sent to David Cameron. He then said "He (meaning David Cameron" knows what it's like to lose a child.

I can only imagine how the Camerons felt, when Gerry made that reference to their son Ivor.

I can`t imagine DC taking kindly to being emotionally blackmailed - that was a real cheap and nasty shot. Just hope he got DC`s rancour up and the result is the MET being brought in and it is not going to be a cover-up jobbie.

Someone else said they didn`t think the government were protecting the McCanns anymore and I agree, but I still think GM has got dirt on someone very high profile for them to have got away with so much for so long.

[/quote]

Gerry McCann doesn't know what it's like to lose a child because, in my opinion, she wasn't abducted. Wasn't it Gerry who said that parents who lose a child to cancer can have some peace?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 7 Dec - 16:06

How insensitive of McCann to refer to David Cameron's son as having been "lost". The unfortunate child died as a result of his illness. I agree it was a cheap and nasty shot to compare the grief of the Camerons and the situation the McCanns find themselves in.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 7 Dec - 16:10

AnnaEsse wrote:

I can only imagine how the Camerons felt, when Gerry made that reference to their son Ivor.

Gerry McCann doesn't know what it's like to lose a child because, in my opinion, she wasn't abducted. Wasn't it Gerry who said that parents who lose a child to cancer can have some peace? [/quote]

Here is one of the quotes by Gerry McCann that are available to read on the Joana Morais forum. " We are hoping for the best outcome for us.... and Madeleine. If the worst happens at least she will be in a better place
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Wed 7 Dec - 16:15

[quote]
[quote="kathybelle"
It was after the McCanns were made arguidos that Gordon Brown distanced himself from the McCanns and that is when they started slagging the British Government off. Maybe he was told to distance himself from the McCanns, because Clarence Mitchell said the McCanns were very upset that he was not returning their calls.

Kathybelle, I dont think Brown distanced himself at all from the McCanns after being made arguidos. Amaral says he was instrumental in his removal from the case many weeks later and we also know that Brown made a mysterious visit to LP after the Macs returned to UK
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Wed 7 Dec - 16:26

kathybelle wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Gerry McCann doesn't know what it's like to lose a child because, in my opinion, she wasn't abducted. Wasn't it Gerry who said that parents who lose a child to cancer can have some peace?

Here is one of the quotes by Gerry McCann that are available to read on the Joana Morais forum. " We are hoping for the best outcome for us.... and Madeleine. If the worst happens at least she will be in a better place[/quote]

Isn't referring to someone being in a better place in reference to a death when the person has been suffering something like a terminal illness or extreme suffering?
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 7 Dec - 16:33

I think the Detectives will investigate rather than review because their reputation with regards to the phone hacking scandal and the
Chief being forced to resign etc will make them use this opportunity to redeem their reputation . The Police know the McCanns are
guilty, as I mentioned before about the Met Policeman I met socially a long time ago inferred. I asked if he thought the McCanns were guilty and he told me one of his friends in the Met had been seconded to Leicester Police and told him the McCanns were "heavily involved" but
he would not elaborate. I also met a retired Detective earlier this year and he said everyone at his Station believes the McCanns are
guilty but unless Madeleine"s body is found there is no proof.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 7 Dec - 16:38

[quote="duncanmac"]
[quote="kathybelle"
It was after the McCanns were made arguidos that Gordon Brown distanced himself from the McCanns and that is when they started slagging the British Government off. Maybe he was told to distance himself from the McCanns, because Clarence Mitchell said the McCanns were very upset that he was not returning their calls.

Kathybelle, I dont think Brown distanced himself at all from the McCanns after being made arguidos. Amaral says he was instrumental in his removal from the case many weeks later and we also know that Brown made a mysterious visit to LP after the Macs returned to UK

Hi Duncanmac, I remember Clarence Mitchell saying the McCanns were upset because Gordon Brown was not returning their calls. If it wasn't while they were still arguidos, it must have been after their arguido status was removed. I also remember Brown saying he was going to Portugal and he would be speaking to the Portuguese Prime Minister about the case, this was while the McCanns were still arguidos.

I've had a look to see if I can find a link, to Clarence's statement, but I've had no luck so far. I'll keep looking.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum